Harry Potter

Seriously whats up with the SJWs and Harry Potter?

mashable.com/2016/07/13/uk-politicians-as-harry-potter-characters/

Kek

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/ar20d
youtube.com/watch?v=fhjoL4mMMVU
youtube.com/watch?v=l-6usiN4uoA
uam.es/personal_pdi/psicologia/pei/download/Lynn2004.pdf
mileswmathis.com/potter.pdf
sys.8ch.net/log.php?board=pol
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Just the other day I overheard some 30-ish land whales talking about which of them and their friends would be in Slytherin/whatever Hogwarts house. They were really discussing it quite seriously for ages. I was working in the glasshouse at college while they were planting some shit for their dissertation experiments so I was listening to them chatting shit for ages

I don't know what it is about HP but it seems to have replaced reality for large swathes of SJW/leftist types. I even read all the books through several times as a kid, but they were still just fucking stories. Maybe it's because it was written as a globalisat propaganda piece by an emotional woman that it's so effectively entrenched in their minds, it just fits their reality-denying special snowflake worldview so well.

Anyway I had to chuckle because they went on to discuss how 'racist' the younger generation are becoming and how scared they were that there were 'Nazi's everywhere', kek

What's up with you posting this all the time? It's weird.

Could it be that it's the only book they've read in any detail?

OP is a fucking faggot, holy shit. archive.is/ar20d

GTFO Harry Potter bullshit. J.K. Rowling is a shill and had ghost writers like every piece of shit media delivered to your face.
Delete this.

=======Peter Yang1 hour ago (edited)
Women are less intelligent than men. Why do these communists want to earn the same wage when it has been proved beyond a shadow of a doubt that they tend to be less valuable to a company than men in most highly valued occupations?
Michael 마익흘 Aronson
Michael 마익흘 Aronson40 minutes ago
"proved beyond a shadow of a doubt that they tend to be less valuable"

Values are not things that can be proven. You're garbage.
Peter Yang
Peter Yang37 minutes ago (edited)
99.5% of the most highly cited scientists and engineers are men. around 95% richest CEOs in the U.S. are men.
Michael 마익흘 Aronson
Michael 마익흘 Aronson36 minutes ago
100% of the people in power a century ago were men. Don't be willfully ignorant.
Peter Yang
Peter Yang32 minutes ago
youtube.com/watch?v=fhjoL4mMMVU
Peter Yang
Peter Yang32 minutes ago
You're the one who's willfully ignorant. There are plenty of peer-reviewed papers and meta analyses on this.
Michael 마익흘 Aronson
Michael 마익흘 Aronson31 minutes ago
And yet you haven't provided a single one.
Peter Yang
Peter Yang24 minutes ago
just google it, retard. I didn't save them in a pastebin.
Michael 마익흘 Aronson
Michael 마익흘 Aronson24 minutes ago
So you have zero sources for your claims. That's what I thought.
Michael 마익흘 Aronson
Michael 마익흘 Aronson23 minutes ago
You probably also have a micropenis, from the sound of it.
Peter Yang
Peter Yang18 minutes ago
youtube.com/watch?v=l-6usiN4uoA
Peter Yang
Peter Yang17 minutes ago (edited)
lol typical liberal/feminist ad hominen.
Michael 마익흘 Aronson
Michael 마익흘 Aronson17 minutes ago
You mean people keep telling you that you have a micropenis? I'm not surprised.
Peter Yang
Peter Yang16 minutes ago
There are plenty of sources, just look for them, retard. I don't want to argue with liberals/feminazis. Arguing on the Internet is like participating in the special Olympics.
Michael 마익흘 Aronson
Michael 마익흘 Aronson16 minutes ago
"There are plenty of sources"

And yet you can't produce a single one. That's what I thought, micropenis.
Peter Yang
Peter Yang12 minutes ago (edited)
I don't want to waste my time with a fucking brainless retard like you. Go do your own search, you're too dumb to use Google, retard?
Michael 마익흘 Aronson
Michael 마익흘 Aronson12 minutes ago
"I don't want to waste my time"

Is that why you keep replying, micropenis?
Peter Yang
Peter Yang10 minutes ago
Hey, you little fucking fagget, I don't want to waste 2 fucking hours to look for all the meta-analyses on the subjects, especially for a little dickwart like you who can't think logically.
Peter Yang
Peter Yang6 minutes ago
In my experience, and that's coming with a person who argued with plenty of brain-dead liberals, is that when you actually provide sources, you will be called a fucking nazi, and the conversation then promptly ends. IF YOU CAN'T DO A SIMPLE GOOGLE SEARCH ON THIS, THEN THERE'S NO USE ARGUING WITH YOU.
Michael 마익흘 Aronson
Michael 마익흘 Aronson5 minutes ago
"In my experience"

In your micropenis existence, you've never seen any sources to back up your claims. Keep wasting your time whining.
Peter Yang
Peter Yang2 minutes ago (edited)
uam.es/personal_pdi/psicologia/pei/download/Lynn2004.pdf

here, you fucking dickwart. here's one of them.
Michael 마익흘 Aronson
Michael 마익흘 Aronson43 seconds ago
Thanks, micro. That only took you 20 comments.

I see the study was conducted by two men. Hmm. Not very convincing.
Peter Yang
Peter Yang1 second ago
LOL, FUCKING BRAINLESS NIGGER, FUCK YOU, FUCKING LIB NIGGER TRASH.
jjjjjjjjjj

What's with that? The book is called The Philosopher's Stone, named after the legendary relic sought by alchemists

I'm getting mixed messages here.

Not sure I'm following your logic there champ.

According to wikipedia:

Because death eaters did nothing wrong and Harry Potter a literal Mary Sue.

mileswmathis.com/potter.pdf

This. We've had this exact thread about three times in the past month.

As others have pointed out, SJWs like Harry Potter because it fits their narrative, and because they're children who only consume bullshit pop culture garbage.

I don't think it's a coincidence that years ago, before we got properly political, anons still hated Harry Potter fans. webm related.

My theory is that there are two fundemental types of social outcasts. Those who become hardened by the experience (many of us) and those who give into the temptation of escapism and herd mentality (SJWs and the various forms of self-described marxist youths.) Those in the later group find Harry Potter to be an agreeable form of escapism. Harry Potter is all about a child who doesn't fit in, but who gets whisked away to a magical land where people want to be his friend. This is like printed opium to chubby girls whom nobody likes.

We never liked Harry Potter fans because we could tell they were fundamentally different from us. Those fundamental personality differences later matured into political differences.

In the Harry Potter universe magic can be bred out. Sometimes when Wizards mate with normal humans to create mudbloods they lose their ability to create magic. Voldemort simply wanted his race to remain pure, as to pass on the ability to create magic from generation to generation. In the article by comparing Nigel to Voldemort they are unintentionally admitting that Nigel just wants his race to survive. And he wants the magic of science and the achievements of White western civilization to be passed on from generation to generation.

LMAO, I'd never seen the full clip.

Holy shit that clip never gets old.

This. They watched the movies to get into a book fandom, and "plan to read" a children's series eventually.

I am in a university, and 100% of the people who claim they are in Slytherin are fat women. Literally only group who I ever hear having this discussion, and only house they seem to "sort" themselves into.

Presumably it's the easiest way to feel badass.
Along with the depression related to mild obesity making them thing that being a selfish backstabber is a good thing, or something they could reasonably achieve.

The best way to make them shit bricks is to point out that a person with a Slytherin mindset would be in buisness or law school, because that's what those traits and decisions optimize for; also, they would be racists/nazis/fit.

They usually have a resting depressed/disgusted face and the emotion you see pouring across it as their delusional ego collapses and is rebuilt is actually amazing.

"Philosopher" sounds too boring to sell to Americans

Its a book, so it signals their ideal intelligent self to others, but its also a generic easy to read piece of shit for children so its believable, and its popular so normies are drawn to it by default.

Why, did the Freemasons threaten to sue them or something? lel

Haven't seen this in a while, thanks for the chuckle

The only reason it has impact is because it's a simple book that pretends to be a complicated one, and nobody who bought into it is willing to recognise the fact.

I was a bookworm as a kid and read the series, and thought it was decently written, not up to par with HHG or Diana Wynne Jones in terms of connectivity and depth, but it had OK writing.
I picked up one of them recently and it was the most trope-filled, shallow garbage. The themes are obvious, the promised tackled material is literally the most simplified version of the hero's journey, and the subplots are full of holes.
You aren't actually given valid justification for the bad guy to exist, or be wrong.

Nice low energy OP. Tired of your shit kikkel.

I must counter: Potterfags are not exactly social outcasts. They're introverted normies.

In most of the ways that are meaningful to user, the normie and the Potterfag are exactly the same. However, there are some key differences; the normie is usually an idiot, but the Potterfag is usually at least intelligent - originally, these were the people who read those incredibly thick fiction books. Second, the normie is outgoing, while the Potterfag is introverted. There's a difference between being an outcast and an introvert - introverts can make friends but don't, while outcasts have honest issues making friends.

This would cause exactly the same outcome as you've described, but it also explains why such people are more susceptible to the herd mentality - they're fundamentally normies, they're not immune to it!

oh, right, and OP is a fag for making such a shit OP. This is going to be a good discussion, but OP is a huge faggot.

I don't get it either, thought it was faggy bullshit even as a kid.

Tell them that magic is real, and the reason they do not see it is because they're on the wrong side.

This looks interesting but can you give his thesis before I read more of this? From the first couple of paragraphs it seems to be autistic rambling; is it worth reading

Same Fag

It's because sjws don't look at fiction (or even reality) logically they only care about how it makes them feel. They don't see that it's a poorly plotted series making things up as it goes and packed full of the same old boring tropes, they see it as odd, intellegent, special kid (ie: THEM) is REALLY super special awesome hero with a million friends and magical powers. Sjws can't enjoy fiction unless they see themselves AS the main character, it's why they love shows with the most boring and bland characters as long as they're the smartest or most powerful.

It's not always JIDF shilling. I suspect that some are out to use Holla Forums to create exposure for their own shit-tier content.

which is absolutely hilarious because there is no good reason to lose magic powers and become a muggle. Wizards should realistically genocide the muggles since they are basically the ubermensch of that universe. If JKR was redpilled she could have written a very interesting story.

You're either an idiot or a shill.

old 4chan is literally the only thing i get nostalgic over

Becouse Harry Potter is to teenagers what Teletubbies were to toddlers.
It's a form of societal and predictive programming for symbols and events in the future. And a tome full of esoteric symbolism.
The american fundies weren't that wrong when they said that the books are the work of the devil/witches/whatever.

F.e. the four main houses correspond to the four temperaments
The reader is presented as Gryffindor(sanguine) being the good "multikulti" guys that fight the bad racis Slytherin who want to keep their society kind free of elements that would eventually "corrupt" it beyond repair.

The OP's pic is also full of symbolism.
Masonic pillars with the title of the book in it's capstone. And the Philosopher's stone is a major symbol in masonic literature/alchemy/hermetics.
Harry is flying through it, head touching at the back of the head to the Eye of Horus on the arch behind him thus being accepted into the order. He also wears the cloak of crimson and riding the broom(penis of Osiris and possibly many more).
The unicorn is a symbol on it's own(perfection, immortality). Of course the horn is the penis of Osiris sitting on his third eye.
Next you've got the golden snitch, hard to get and mind on it's own. The wings correspond to Mercury/Hermes, which is basically the founder of hermetics. And next to the "Philosopher's stone" sign. It's also a symbol of the fallen star(Lucifer).
And of course the name of Rowling is on a checkered background of blue and crimson. Masonic.

So all in all Harry Pooter basically describes a violent rise of an arch enemy and how the people were supposed to oppose him. Basically a well timed predictive programming for to be young adults in the Current Year Of Our Happenings.
Or maybe it's a double switcharoo.

And no, a single mother didn't write this. A lot of ghost writers over many many years. It's too perfectly in tune with the mind of a teenager.

Checked, and kek'd. I'm sure that image would rustle their jimmies.

I was at the targeted age when Harry Potter exploded everywhere. I asked my Mom to buy me the book because everyone else had it, didn't read more than a couple chapters if I recall.

Even when I was 12 I knew it looked fucking gay and the concept of "a 14 year old wizzard boy having adventures" seemed really stupid and not interesting to me. Maybe if he had swords and guns and killed people it would have been cooler to me. Just looked fucking gay.

Oh the whole setting is bullshit when you get down to it.
Don't dignify it by treating it so seriously.

Because it's bare-bones fiction. It does nothing to promote itself as an allegory, attempting to reinforce values or explain the mystery of life (like Joseph Campbell accomplished through interpreting mythology for a modern audience).

It's just "nerd" fiction, without any emphasis on the WHY. It will resonate lowest of society and the social failures who can't see anything beyond face value.

In one way its the nature of culture at the moment. The reason public figures after 1960 stopped using the bible for their references was because ppl stopped reading their bibles (thanks commies). Harry Potter was the next most read thing so that's their (shitty) refrence point for a mythological/religious story concerning good and evil.

Not me tho. Never read that shit. I liked LOTR.

leftists aren't that intelligent so they rely on popular culture references to make "arguments"

forgot pic

It's not like there wasn't already a huge selection of sword and sorcery out there. The books of that genre that I read were fully volkish in retrospect. The main protagonist was never a whiny bitch and would do things that live up to the standard of "All that I have for my people, and when nothing is left of mine to sacrifice, I will pay the cost in pain, even if it means my death." sort of attitude.
Was potter created to keep people from better works?

Trips confirm. Leftists are sheep.

Their minds are so infantile that any critical thought process is foreign and denied to them. They LITERALLY have to reduce the world to symbolic imagery intended for children in order to even PRETEND to comprehend world events, places, and people… and, get this - they STILL get it wrong.

Most things in this world are irreducible.

As I recall, the Merlin series by T.A. Barron isn't too cucked.

He has to sacrifice his own eternal happiness for the betterment of his people. Bretty gud read, IIRC.

Harry Potter is unique because it had a massive multi-national marketing campaign behind it, before it even hit the shelves.

I was a kid when it came out. I remember adults telling me "You should check out that book Harry Potter, all the kids love it." At this point the book wasn't even being sold yet, at least in America, and nobody my age had even heard of it. Adults were reading about it somewhere, reading that it was a great book for kids. Somebody gifted me a copy of the first book on my birthday, very shortly after it was released. I didn't ask for it, I wasn't even into fantasy, but adults considered it an obvious gift. A few years later they started doing a "leaked"/"pre-publish" thing. I've heard the same story from a few different people; your aunt or maybe your friends aunt, knew somebody who worked in publishing and they managed to get a pre-release copy that they could lend you. By my estimates, tens of thousands of "pre-release" books were distributed across the country for people to lend out to children, in order to build hype. Perhaps some of you remember this happening as well.

tl;dr: the growth and popularity of the book was manufactured, not organic.

every liberal wants to be harry potter.

J.K. Rowling has a childrens charity that places children into foster homes. It's called Lumos, named after the light spell from the books, but also evokes the esoteric illumination etc. And the logo is a butterfly, symbol of monarch mind programming, and one of the PEDO symbols listed in the FBI's list of pedo symbols.

You ever wonder how J. K. Rowling went from being homless to a billionaire? You ever wonder why she's such a raving stark mad shitlib? She's part of the globalist pizza network, now you know one of the biggest HP secrets.

Where can I get a ring like that?

i dunno lol

Go to the house of any limp-wristrd beta-male, any dyed hair girl with a rod up her ass, or any land whale with thick time glasses.

And they'll have all the Harry Potter books on some shelf and more often than not, those will be the only books they have. These people don't actually read. They just jump on whatever YA novel-series that's popular.

If you have kids, best advice is to take them to St. Vincent De Paul's or Goodwill, have them pick out some books, and tell them you'll get more for them once they finish those.

A child that actually reads with understanding will develop their own thinking skills.

OP, your faggotry knows no bounds

Yeah, and OP has (1)
definitely a slide thread

Oh please tell me, what dreadfully important thread do you think is being slid right now?
"Sliding" is an old meme from 4chan. It means something on boards that move fast, where threads expire within hours. It has no meaning on 8/pol/ where threads last for months.

SJW's being queers regardless, the movies are comfy. Probably just because I followed them as a kid and it was nice seeing the characters age. It's like one big coming of age tale.

I'd like to be Ravenclaw, but would probably get put into Gryffindor.

The main love interest for most of the series being chinese had the hilarious side-effect of triggering asian dudes pretty hard. Looking back, there was a lot of WMAF propaganda during that time period.

wtf, I hate shit threads now

They just shilled it directly to us at our school's book fair. When the hell did we go so astray we let book companies hollow out a school day for advertising to kids?

because "reading is good"
no matter what the material is..

How funny would it be to donate some "bad goy" books to schools and youth programs? With pic related you could even give the edition with the kosher cover and present a facade of "anti-hate" or "anti-censorship".

This place reeks of niggers.

I hate this meme. They were genociding, raping and enslaving one another for thousands of years before Europeans came back to the continents.

It's about race-mixing being superior and that being an SJW gives you magic powers

I haven't read the thread yet, so I don't know if it's mentioned yet, however, I do believe that the reason why Harry Potter is invoked so much is because the people invoking it know nothing else.
They appear to be the kind of "lol so geeky nurd xd" people that invaded the mainstream media and overall zeitgeist back in 2007, maybe even before hand.
By having no other reference beyond a straight up "good versus evil" standpoint, they have no other way of comparing any current events to those in fiction. It sure as hell doesn't help the writer being such a fucking kike and supporting their delusion either.

this
anytime you see a huge hype about ANYTHING, there is a 99% chance it is a tribe connected endeavour
The biggest shocker for me was the british footballer david beckham, he was hyped beyond belief his whole career, it always felt a bit fishy to me
His mum is a jew

No idea, they're terrible. Not even well written or with an interesting story

I was looking for amateur wank material last week, and settled on this chick stripping in her bedroom. She had a stupid amount of inane Harry Potter and Star Wars memorabilia in the background. When she took off her pants and had on Marvel panties, I turned off the computer and decided to be productive. I'm at the point where that normie shit is downright repulsive.

kek

Escapism has been the drug of choice for millennial and beta's for a very long time. Tales like Harry Potter take place in a college like atmosphere and relate heavily to their dumb ass readers. Since most millineals are cucks that are drowning in 6 figure debt from (((college))) they need something to take their minds off suicide.

Looking back on that, I find it amusing how the book all the kids lusted after the most was the Guinness World Records books, and that entire endeavor is basically just a marketing campaign for a beer company. How very scholastic.

that's funny since most of us have figured out how to overcome thoughts of suicide by now

Millennials don't believe in self improvement and not being a bitch

checked but self improvement as I understand it now didn't exist for me when I was younger, I thought I would follow my parents directions and everything would come out ok what a load of shit, I'm sure Sam understands it too

They shilled Dragons milk before Harry potter, I remember because 30
it got me to read the books and honestly I would say don't bother reading any of the sequels and the first one is only worth reading for 3 reasons

Dubs checking dubs, glorious. The dumb ass boomers and Gen X college grads are the worst. When you take out a (((BANK LOAN))) to buy a house you don't own it, the bank does. Same goes for your car, college degree and anything else you get on credit. The American dream isn't being the banks bitch boy for 30 years paying on a pre-fab house that will rot away in 100 years. The suburbanite fags really fucked over the millenials and created this whole gen Y mess.

I thought so
my parents and grand parents

I've actually been deathly affraid of debt for most of my life thanks to cartoons from my childhoot and kid TV from old NIck and other good stuff, only recently did I upgrade my only credit card from 200 to 1000 in order to have better credit for renting and I still pay it off every month
my parents are engineers and cannot appreciate how this is a shit system
you lost me, can you elaborate on that part?

Funny, yet true–it was more of a bored tug, anyhow.
But I've become increasingly intolerant towards basic-bitches. I used to I still do, but I used to too frequent webcam sites. Depending on your timezone and when you go on, there can be a clearly JV-tier, string-3 lineup. But in the last year in particular, even the "top" performers are astoundingly unattractive. And I'm not even talking about the obvious bimbos and freaks–most of the "regular" girls look disgusting, have shit bodies, and are COVERED in tattoos. It's funny, all the nofappers fail because they still want to fap; I'm at the point where I barely even want to, considering the material.

one of the main problems is coming up with other stuff to do with your time and committing to it
I've got a printed copy of think python that has been sitting on my table since last year and I've fapped at least 3 times a week regularly

Made me think.
Rowling helps promote the Bana Alabed twitter account.

This could have been a good thread if you put more effort into it.