MONSTER HUNTER ENGLISH DEMO JUST RELEASED

MONSTER HUNTER ENGLISH DEMO JUST RELEASED

Do you feel it brothers, it is time for carousel once again.

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/#!hY0GBSBa!-qtcGUTX8kSbgp7tqWFXlnJe2RPCtpKoFfICOJfiYxU
nicovideo.jp/watch/sm28842469
twitter.com/NintendoUK/status/319462728362237953
archive.is/Po67G
a.cocaine.ninja/bfddea.cia
youtube.com/watch?v=tZH0kB4FJpU
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

WHERE IS IT?

YOU LITTLE BITCH YOU GOT ME GOOD

You have to go to the nintendo website and sign in there for it since the store hasnt updated.

bruh

why did I get a code for this in the humble bundle?

anyone want it?

Works. Just sign in on the sight and click it and your 3ds starts downloading without touching the on console store.

For some reason they threw it in there, far as i know its the only two ways to get it which is a bit odd.

Still worth getting, monster hunter with Holla Forums is Holla Forums at its best.

I wish I had a 3DS

Honestly i bought a preowned original and a cheap JP Circle pad off ebay and both monster hunters alone got me around 1300 hours of gameplay and thats before stuff like pokemon yellow, bravely default and etrian oddessy. Worth checking out stores for a cheap one, monster hunter with Holla Forums is amazing.

Especially in autumn. Comfy hoodies in cold weather with warm drinks and giant fuck off dragon things to fight.

And it was good enough for Big Boss, you want to be like Boss, don't you son?

post the link to the site you cunt

…the Nintendo website.

what the fuck faggots, shit is easy as fuck to do. will be pirating this to play with you faggots though

I heard the Jap version had changes made to make it more casual. is that true?

Your ocd levels might allow that friend, but not me.

God damn it user. It's for Euro demo first before world wide. God fucking damn it!

That means I have early access

So who wants the code :^)

Yep, Europe gets it a long time before the US for some reason. But do not fret, you can beg on here from this friday onwards for codes.

Adept style is the shit by the way.

June 30th for everybody else apparently. Fucking Europoors.

not the i know of, game is still the same as mh4u though the new stances does make the game a bit easier. switch axe and Aerial stance and you fuck shit up, i do hope this version has more shit though which usually is with western versions

Humble bundle has it behind a $4usd paywall.
June 30 world wide demo release faggots

Am sorry, but at least you dont get frenchies.

im eager to try BushiBow.

My newly adopted kitten just took a shit on the floor, right next to the litter box. What do?

Confine it in the litterbox when it's about to take another shit. Then, until it takes another shit. Then let it out.

I just got it! Whew!

Dump the CIA

Nope, seems like a flat port.
So a weaker game than 4U once you get over the style gimmick and once you realize that styles are mostly useless.

At the very least buy it used. Don't give Capcom any money for this piece of shit and maybe Monster Hunter will go back to being good instead of pandering to retards who like flashy cinematic bullshit

mega.nz/#!hY0GBSBa!-qtcGUTX8kSbgp7tqWFXlnJe2RPCtpKoFfICOJfiYxU

Here it be, boys.

They're still attacks that you need to use properly to land and they have monsters that are more ridiculous to compensate.
The game is only more casual in that it lacks G rank and considering that it's still a 4th gen game that's a very valid reason to not buy it.

mein neger

No one here will buy it
Its a 3ds game
Who buys games for a console whose games are so easy to pirate

by the looks of this, theres a lot of retards who cant into pirating

Is the game that bad?

I pre-orderd the game last month.

It's by far the worst game in the series and what's worse is casuals are eating it up. Monster Hunter is dead

New MH on console or PC when
Handhelds are a fucking abomination.

There's Monster Hunter Online but it's Chinese.

Ugh, fuck. Well, I least I got it for $30 and not $40. Is it not good because it's not challenging, or did capcom just fuck up the mechanics?

The save file in the demo be compatible with the official release like usual? Is there a mention about this on the page?

its not as bad as the user says but it doesnt ramp up the difficulty in any interesting way. Its just easier because of the stances really. But if you liked mh4u than this is more of it. Monster are more interesting though. Play the demo if you can so you can get an idea. Im playin the game right now and im still enjoying it but no one to play with unless its japanese players and i dont speak moonrunes

it has never been like that but if you played mh4u you will get certain items.

I'm disinclined to believe you, sir.

I could have sworn MH3U and 4U had that.

I have a JP copy. I'll just pirate the NA version.

Excuse me? Does it just end at high rank or something?

No G rank, but named variants are basically G rank monsters.

when PC? never?

NEVEREVER

nigga G rank is ultimate. None of the MH games had G rank by default, they were strapped on later to get extra money.

Hey, that actually worked, Thanks!

Welp, I guess there goes my degree

Naw G-rank are actually fun and have a reward for beating them rather than useless armor (aside from Polar Bear Armor) or a useless weapon (unless you're Striker DB)

HOW DO I DOWNLOAD!!?
Fucking shitty instructions.
Click what? sign in where?

testing out Nargacuga
pass 4321
hub id 29-1757-1285-4264

1. Sign in with your nintendo account
2. Click on the MHG page
3. on the right there will be a "download for free" button
remember to have the same account on your 3ds as on pc
when you're done just put it to spleepmode and it will download by itself

Done it naow.
Now it fucking works.
What the fuck mane.

Doesn't find the hub.

They nerfed the explosion of the Ultra, which is great. I was hoping for something like this.

But they buffed the shield. It lasts longer (3 fucking minutes. Jesus)

The shield now does KO damage whenever it's hit while blocking normally. You don't need the Guard Points anymore.

You can't super/ultra from a successful Guard Point anymore. At least I think so, I was trying but I didn't get it.

You can no longer charge your shield properly from SnS mode. In Aerial/Striker/Guild, if you do the shield thrust, then charge, you ALWAYS get a Yellow Shield, no matter the phials you have. Yellow Shield is weaker than Red. To get the Red Shield: go into Axe Mode, then Ultra, then R to cancel.

Blocking with a Red Shield no longer lowers your sharpness.

You can no longer go into axe mode from shield thrust. Thereby taking out the fluidity of the weapon.

Bushido's mechanics does not activate on Guard Points (this makes little sense to me, why not marry the two completely? It would've been a match made in heaven). Making Guard Points completely useless in Bushido (why GP when you can bushido block or dodge) outside of emergencies.

Bushido is the most unrewarding playstyle for CB. Instead of rewarding dodging in axe mode, they allow you to do… normal attacks. Aerial seems better, actually. Guild and other styles run the risk of you wasting your phials by charging your shield to yellow.

I love CB in 4. Was hoping they would know what to do with it and actually balance it and make it work well. But it seems they don't. I guess I'll be going back to Longsword.

Half a year late on all this fucko.

Bushido is actually the best style for CB because of the guard point on the charge A, you can get red shield on sword mode and essentially nothing important is lost in the moveset.

It's still overpowered.

Basically styles are crapshoots some are 100% better and some are "why the fuck is this in the game", but yeah CB got it's skill ceiling tanked.

That's really the whole problem with this game, the things they added are horribly inconsistent.
Hunter Arts vary too wildly from weapon to weapon meaning striker is only good on a single weapon type I tried. (I only tried all the blademaster weapons, I didn't dick around with the bow and stuff but I'd imagine they don't fare much differently)
Bushido randomly nerfs some weapon's movesets into the point of worthlessness and for other's it's a flat 100% upgrade on.
Ariel is good for SA and LS that's it.

Nyanter is fun but would it kill them to give it damage comparable to a damn hunting horn at least?

That guy is just a retard who doesn't know that none of the MH games have a G rank until their G/U version is released.

CB was so obscene in 4U that I hope it's been toned down by a hell of a lot. It quickly became my ace in the hole weapon for when I was stuck at shit like frenzied Brachydios or Rajang.

Striker is terrible on everything except SA, Hammer and Gunner weapons.
The only weapons that are worse on Bushido are the bowguns, GS and HH and that's because of the dodge itself, not the existing moveset.
Eat shit and git gud, the roll and vault can be better than the default roll when you learn how to time it. It's basically a higher skill ceiling for most weapons for about the same or even higher effectiveness. Someone may prefer Aerial GS because of how it plays over vanilla GS, etc
Play the full game. You can min-max the cats to be insanely strong.

The only difference is slightly less damage, the moveset is still fucking insane on every style except Striker.

Whelp sorry for the trips i was funlance.
I man SnS so please go easy on me.

I played the full game, nyanter when minmaxed is piss weak compared to a halfway decent hunter.

Also Striker DB is really good provided you chug drinks or have an HH giving you infinite stamina

Jesus christ just fucking end yourself

I can agree that it makes CB WAY more aggressive than usual. Which is a huge plus. But nerfing GP to the point of uselessness, AND generally buffing the shield, and then gives you little to nothing for blocking and dodging (Sure, I can charge my shield to red! But… I can do that normally with just a little more time, even in the middle of a combo. Same as with any attacks you get from dodge).

To me, personally, Bushido is unrewarding for CB. It doesn't give you anything special like any other weapon. Everything you can do on your own. Unless you say that the increased aggression is the reward. I can agree with you on that.

I can also agree with you that it's still OP but I think it's mostly because of the changes they made. What should've been done is: taking out the shockwave and nerfing the ultra damage, as well as taking away the supers/ultras from shield thrust (which is what they did). I would've also made it so that you CAN do a super burst (at least a weak one) from a GP so GPs wouldn't be totally useless.

I wouldn't have buffed the shield; making it last longer, making it not reduce your sharpness when blocking. Making it release the little burst every time it gets hit. This is really stupid. I liked how it was in 4, where it didn't last long at all; you had to quickly find the right moments to utilize the charge.

I'm not saying I hate it because it was nerfed. I'm saying I hate it because they buffed the shield (and making the red/yellow states separate) and made GPs pointless.

To me it's not toned down so much as they nerfed some things which made sense, and buffed some things which made no sense.

One minute per phial was pretty damn long unless you were abusing the ultra all the time.

did it really last that long? Then I might've been mistaken. Probably would have nerfed that too.

Ah yes, the removal of the level 3 follow up swing from GS isn't nerfing the moveset.
The removal of the double 2 note hit from the HH.
It changes the moveset of the weapon.

Also no it fucking can't the cat when maxxed has to rely on fucking boomerangs or Wrath of Meow. Both of which have a startup or a large downtime in the case of Meow.

Forgot to mention
Aggression is converted to damage, so you are doing more damage in Bushido than you are in other styles.

Also correction on
Shield charging was 30 seconds per phial but that was still long enough, IG with effect extender was 2 minutes and that felt like years at times.

MH3U looked so beautiful on the wii u. Good anti-aliasing did wonders for the cartoony art style.

Is there a "classic" style? I really don't want to use this bushido or arial bullshit, it looks way too anime and overpowered. I'm not interested in air dashing in a monster hunter game.

Yeah there's guild style, but you'll still have the flashing "hunter artes ready" indicator. Or empty screen space where the bar is if you don't equip any.

Kill yourself

Someone's never played 3U enough to think that move actually matters

Learn to aim faggot. Monsters have hitzones for a reason.

kek

Guild/Striker Style.

Is it exactly the same as the last two games?

I got a spare code who needs one?

How can I min max my Nyanter? Do I have to use RNG and get lucky with good stats and abilities or do I have to do something else?

True, you are doing more damage. But it still doesn't feel like reward enough to me. I'm happy with how they did it with longsword. They took away the ability to level up your spirit gauge, it can only be done through dodging and attacking or hunter arts.

IG felt like ages yes. That's why a 3 minute shield is a problem for me.

Thanks. I main gs (but play everything) and bushido style just looked way too stupid flailing the gs everywhere like it was a longsword.

The problem with Bushido LS is that it's not effective on every monster or just very difficult to use, especially when a monster starts to fly around or if they move too much.

As for the reward thing I guess that's just your opinion man, though I'd say CB in 4U only felt rewarding when you hit the ultra when the monster isn't just sitting around.

Don't worry, Bushido GS sucks anyways because you get terribly out of position after one dodge and the bushido attack can't take advantage of any draw skills or the single attack buff super. You might also enjoy the 10 second charge super that you can't get knocked down from, but getting hit means you let the attack loose without your consent.

Japanese third reich confirmed

That's worse on enemies with a dragon weakness.
Against enemies weak to dragon the HR ShigMag Weapon is better.

Git gud with RNG. That's the long and short.
And don't listen to 4d8db8 he's fully of shit, even a minmaxed Nyanter does less damage than a decent hunter.

All you are doing is proving you don't know how to aim at monster heads with the boomerang.

Yeah totally, you're the best dude, I bet you do as much as a bushido DB on your nyanter

nicovideo.jp/watch/sm28842469

You are an objectively shit player.

says the guy claiming that Bushido doesn't change your moveset

I didn't say the moveset was unchanged retard, I said it was shit for other reasons.

Even when it's level 50? Well I can use other abilities like bombs though so that might help.

It's not bad because of that though.
Also >monster plays nice the entire time literally near perfect play, still manages to get outdone by a GS.

Never use Nyanter bombs if you're the nyanter.

You are a prime example of not having reading comprehension, I explained in another post that they can throw you out of position hard and depending on how the monster is feeling the attack timings are ruined. GS and HH are the biggest victims to this because they take the longest to reach the payoff of the bushido attack while also just wasting tons of time if you don't think you can get the bushido attack in.

No, he just learned hitboxes

Also if you search on niconico with 燼滅刃ディノバルド : the time that nyanter got is about par for the course or even above average on solo Level 10 Ember.

Anyone who's got the jap version or tried the adept GS tutorial could you tell me what perfect parrying with the GS does?

I know dodge rolling allows you to do the upswing attack but powered but I dont understand what perfect blocking did with it
Does it just remove the windup for your next attack or something?

He learned hitboxes by that you mean the monster played nicer than shit.

It's garbage don't do it. Guild is the best for the GS unless you want to do less damage than you go ariel

I guess I'll just go classic then, It was nice when the dodge attack conencted though

Anyway whats with the massive division and shittery in the threads? I thought the general rule was to have fun and choose any moveset

You can't perfect block with it.

This is correct.

Except there's actually a pretty specific set for aerial GS that makes it just as good as any other GS set (as long as you know how to aim it)

ok I mean when you parry and it activates the little whirlwind shit that means you got the timing right

except you still do less damage overall, and you consume stamina like a DS.

Also HAs are fucking garbage and should either be reworked completely or removed.
Only decent GS one is angry lion or whatever they decided to localize it as because +100 raw with pretty short charge time.

DD on PC was a fluke

That's from rolling.

They're fine, just have a higher skill ceiling.

I bet you don't even know what armor set I'm talking about though.

It's just one angry pessimistic user that lacks reading comprehension and precognition, and probably started in 4U. 4U attracted the most shitters this series has ever seen.

Oops, thought HAs meant Hammer for some reason.

They just need reworking.

Oh no hammers are fine, they were my Main weapon.
I later switched to bullshit fucking around with a crit draw worn GS because… it's fun to dick around with that

No its also from parrying with the GS

I'll let ya in on the armor set since you're were so nice in that post

Only for Akantor GS though
Obtuse Blade
Nosedive
Super Criticals
Chaining Proficiency

You need to post a video of this user because I have no idea what you're talking about.

Oh, it's you again.

Eh I could see that working. That's a nice frankenset though.
Then again not like fucking my Crit Draw Super Crit worn GS nonsense is any better.

As long as you keep smacking vulnerable zones with it it's pretty amazing. Fastest HR dino I got was because of that set. It also looks fashionable as fuck for me because I got everything that could be colored appropriately.

I also like that they made it so worn weapons got a crazy boost at the end of their line. Worn CB is especially dumb since phials take directly from raw and aren't affected by anything else.

Now, faggot. Check these dubs to know you're wrong.

Cant find a video but the same effect you get from dodging with adept GreastSword you also get from well timed parry with it too
The tutorial even mentions that parrying activates a special in adpet

I just tried it some minutes ago just to make sure I wasn't delusional and you're still wrong. You're mistaking the fact that you can actually roll out of GS blocking and get the Bushido effect when you avoid the attack. This is an extra safety layer for Bushido GS users since if they pressed B too late they'll just block instead.

Parrying only activates the Bushido effects for Lance, Gunlance and CB sword mode.

like said, you're half a year late faggot

CB is just as strong as in MH4U, but the the skill floor and ceiling is much lower. The weapon is way less difficult and rewarding to use and you can just mash to win now. CB changes are probably the worst thing in the entire game.

ye being able to 1 hit stagger every monster in the game is great fun

(checked)

WHAT IS THAT DASH
IS THAT A GUNLANCE
PLEASE TELL ME THEY BUFFED GUNLANCE?!?

This just something fucked on my end or is it a bad file? Anyone else install it correctly?

If you consider a 10% nerf to physical and bullet damage then yes.

is that the average damage lost thanks to the heat bar?
Or did they just cut off the attack power?

user…

If you get the heat bar in the good then you'll be doing as much damage as you did in 4U normally.

I heard the normal Lance became a weapon that got pretty nerfed too. I was thinking of picking it up and Gunlance before but after hearing about the changes I think I might pass for now.

It now has a heat system. Use more rounds = get more heat. More heat = more damage from swings. You can also overheat, and when you do, you can't use Wyvern's Fire or gain heat. Using Wyvern's Fire puts you in overheat automatically.

That's wrong user.

I main gunlance since the psp goddamnit, and with the new bullshit weapons i can hardly hit fast enough to make a difference in battle, which limits my possibility of play to hyper-offense instead of being tanky and attracting the enemy's attention.

Because Gunlance wasn't already hard enough to master, now we have to keep track of the heat too… what the fuck capcom?

I'm not complaining because it's too hard, I'm complaining because it's way harder than say GS and deals less damage.

I'm guessing Wyvern's fire gives you so much heat that unless you have almost none of it you'll overheat

Yeah it adds a lot of heat and then makes it stay wherever it lands on the bar for like 2 minutes I think. So you can spams shots and not worry about your heat rising too high or too low.

Try it out for yourself. It's the same mechanics as before; use Wyvern's Fire, can't use it for a while.

With heat being introduced, WF now puts you into overheat even if you have none.

NEVER EVER

Sony screwed the pooch with them and Capcom probably wants to sell on the Nintendo system that's actually selling really well.

but P3rd released years ago.

Who wants to hunt?

Demo obv.

Try funlance aerial. When you jump up, you can evade a lot of shit, you can fire a shot towards the monster, slam down and fire the rest of the shots. Or just fire the single shot mid air which rarely trips others and slam down. Single narga is weak as fuck but i did it around 7 mins from start with it.

Works for me. I'm using Luma3ds and A9HL and I installed with Big Blue Menu.

They are a crashing ship right now. Their biggest bomb is the Wii u NX zelda skyrim game. You can tell they are not sure where their target is right now.

I need one if you still have it.

That was a n3DS, btw. Just tried it with my o3DS with Rxtools and Menuhax; still worked.

I've been playing MHFU for psp, would you say it's worth buying a 3ds for this game? My psp is slowly wearing out.

also how do i beat shen gaoren holy shit that fight sucks

Thanks, guess it was just a corrupted transfer. I'll try again.

Bushido Lance is pretty overpowered because the parry followup has insanely high MV for how fast it comes out.

Wyvern Fire doesn't add heat or overheat, it reduces a bit of heat and then locks it in place. That's not the same as overheating where it goes straight down to yellow.

Yeah it's a struggle to play GL now, you need a pretty good set to get on the same level as other weapons and then if you went to MP, there's still the issue if shots blasting allies to the other side of the map. I hope they do something about that at some point because other weapons don't do something so blitheringly retarded, even the SnS shield launcher got turned into a proper launch in MHGen.

>for once not shitting on funlance

I want to believe.

Get tremor res, get either ls, hm or db, strike one leg until its bright red and causes shen to fall, target another leg, repeat.

Does anyone have any spare codes left?

WF does vent some heat and lock your bar in place, user. Do you have brain damage?

I have a braindamage, sorry.

So if i buy the demo from humble bundle is it a north american code? I wanna play this shit before the 30th.

use the strongest hammer you can and golfswing its legs until they're all double red and it falls, then hit his face area. Repeat until dead.

or use a pierce HBG, use felyn heroics, bomb yourself to low health and wail on the shell

Ayy I got a Malfestio room up, let's go all Nyantas.

Room: 39-7026-7773-2057

Pass: 4444

Just to clarify, this is for the NA demo.

That's not Bushido Bow. Bushido is the only style you CAN'T backhop with.

>there are people who aren't already HR

cool
oh
nintendo
bye

Malfestio is an utter cunt.

How's the Hammer doing these days?

Probably the only blademaster weapon that doesn't have a truly shitty style (except Aerial needs a lot more learning time than other weapons) but it still has a lot more difficulty to use than it had pre-4th gen.

My bad, Switch Axe is another weapon with no truly bad styles.

twitter.com/NintendoUK/status/319462728362237953

archive.is/Po67G

It's old news user. Go.back to cuckchan.

They aren't, but it's definitely annoying only having it on a handheld.
It's even more annoying when the handheld has
SUCH A LOW FUCKING RESOLUTION

Frontier is on consoles :^)

Anyone have a code for a us fag here? Don't went to spend 4 bucks on some garbage bundle just to get a fucking demo

Fuck me for wanting to play on more than a potato.

Really loving you right now, user. was looking all over for it.

If people are this excited about this, why haven't they been playing the English patched version all this time? tbh I'm kinda worried. I dicked around a lot and still got to six star village in a little over 20 hours. It looks like that's where single-player ends, the rest of the game is entirely multiplayer. Now combine that with the gay new upgrade system and this game just might not be good fam.

If Citra gets netplay we can use that.

so, how is it?

Is anyone speed running the demo? What are your best times on offline Narga with no items? Just got 3:47 with Adept CB.

in the monhun generals people were all over the english patched version for a long while

couldn't even get an mh4u game often.

About 4-5 minutes with adept longsword.

I've been thinking about giving CB another try. Maybe I'm being too hard on its changes.

I dunno, I still managed to get 230 hours on my save, and I didn't even do "everything". I did a good chunk of the DLC quests but after finally beating Ferocious Silver Rathalos I just lost the will to keep on playing.

it's really hard to brick if you're not a fucking retard

That's not how that works you little shit

There's no 3ds piracy thread right now so can I get some help?

I have a jap n3ds with the the US MH4U on it. I'm getting some prompt when I start the game that I don't understand that says to press why. I do and it points me to the eshop so I guess it wants to download something. When I try it gets an error.

When I just try starting the game normally I can't play online for whatever reason.

Any answers on how to fix this?

I fixed the first thing which I found out was the update I was missing, but in the game it's still giving me some other error. It's a 003-0399 which from google seems like some problem with the terms of service.

Some posts are talking about editing the fucking .cia for the install so I'm unsure. Halp?

Further development, I apparently need to convert some config file in a leaked SDK to a .cia file, install, and edit it.

But no forum wants to link the SDK because "muh illegal" and the thread where someone has the .cia is 100% "I pm'd you the fix bro ;) "

I'm tearing my hair out. The torrent sites I get when I google look shady and umatirx hates them.

pls halp

Welp, I managed to find it and get it done on my own.
I'll upload and share the CIA to help others avoid headaches.

Just install, go to EULA, and set it to ff;ff if you have my problem.
a.cocaine.ninja/bfddea.cia

Thanks mate. This might be useful.

Why is this? I keep hearing the hammer gets weaker and harder to use everytime…

Bushido and Aerial makes lots of the weapons feel really good. Try another of your favourite weapons with Bushido.

kill me

Gonna grab the demo as soon as I am able, Anyone know how good the HH handles with the new styles?

Faster game pace due to extra monster aggression which is due to extra polish but without many changes to the hammer itself. It can be especially terrible on maps with steep areas.

HH got a new mechanic on all styles that changes a note into a double note and if you play a song made entirely of double notes, it also plays the last song you did.
>Striker: AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA worthless

changes a note into a double note if you hit something with the attack*

I need to start proofreading posts.

Aerial is guild but has less moves. Aerial jumps also have no invinciblility frames, but some monsters you can jump on mid attack, some you can't.
Bushido is usually worthless.

youtube.com/watch?v=tZH0kB4FJpU

Guess I'll be skipping this one.

Isn't the aerial hop mechanics on all weapons the same? Only invincible once you hit the peak of the hop which is also when you're able to vault, and the vault startup is invincible too, but you get vulnerable just before you hit the peak and then all the way down.

Can you use the eshop with CW?
Can you play online?
Do I have to constantly repatch or maintenance?

Yes.
Yes.
When a new update comes out, wait for some gullible faggot to test it first, there shouldn't really be any problems.

I always thought dual blades were edgebait cancer, but they look so fun in this game
Im still unsure if i will let my 3DS update and buy my games or go full pirate on it (i havent turned it on for 3 or so months)

You can do both, user.

Nice, very nice.

how often is a new update? I haven't played my 3ds in a while but it seems like I always have to do multiple updates when I pick it back up

Once per month at the most. It's not really anything you have to worry about often.

What this user said. Fully CFW'd 3DSes can still access the eShop normally.

What are some good blademaster sets that can be made in MHX? The best I got right now is Challenger +2, HG Earplugs, and Tumble Res. Also the Spearbreaker Daimyo Hermitaur set looks pretty good to me, is it worth the trouble making?

Hub ID: 83-6195-7286-2418
Pass: 1488
Nargy

As someone who loved the fuck out of 4U is it worth buying the demo on humble bundle?

the demo is coming for free on june 30th

don't spend money for a demo, even if it is good

Nintendo sent me one and I could just get the jap full game with english patch

B0MRJBPC5V9QYFQ2
hope you didn't leave the thread, there's your one chance. visit the homebrew thread sometime you dingus

This game is Capcom's Call of Duty franchise, is it?

Got the demo from a friend. Hunter arts feel weird. Really only main greatsword as that feels like the most efficient way to play solo.

Some of the Hunter Arts are pretty fun. Longsword's is pretty good. GS's ground slash seems like it hits pretty hard, but you might be better off using that time to charge attack.

So do monsters now have more health than usual since special stronger attacks?

Not sure. I know they're a bit more aggressive and possibly faster

This somehow lasted 2 hours in the thread, thanks for the code friend.

And here I was playing video games instead of paying attention

You were right. Long sword stuff is fun.

Adept/Bushido Longsword is the tits.

jesus christ it feels so terrible

Some styles benefit different weapons more than others.

it definately feels like HH does not have much to gain from aerial style unless you're fighting a big monster

Aerial is mostly useful for really big monsters. Nargacuga is easier to hit than Maccao, for example.

But generally some weapons feel better in some styles more than others. Like Guild for Hunting Horn might be best. Bushido too, considering it's a melee weapon and you're usually up in there.

When can you actually play the felyne hunter mode? Are you able to do it from the start? I want to play the whole game using that to see how it is.

You get a cat after your first hunt. You can play the entire game as cat, but it'll be hard.
Also cats have classes, so you might have to switch if you want to trap, or heal, or other things.

I heard they can do really well with boomerang upgrades later on and last stand. Do you actually have to switch between the cats? I thought it was a character you built up from scratch. I guess I have to get a boomerang cat.

Your first cat will always be a leader/charisma skill with abilities that buff you and other cats.
Every cat after that has a skill. Support, Healing, Bombing, Trapping, Attacking, Stealing, and Charisma.
These affect how the cat's moves work, as when you play as a cat you can use the cat's abilities. It does not affect how the cat plays other than their abilities though.
Also cats can level up and get buffs that you can select from.
TL;DR if you want to play boomerang cat, just buy a warrior cat, They're not hard to get.

So i just get an attack cat? I also heard that they can't use some items. So what items are they not allowed to use?

Can't remember right now. I think it was really restrictive because cats get free everything.
Seriously, when you play as a cat you have unlimited pickaxes and bug nets, a permanent psychoserum/paintball effect, resistance to both cold and heat, and your weapon doesn't dull nor do you have stanima.
I don't remember what items are banned, but it's a lot.

No items for cat.
It's all based on what skills you have quipped.

Cats do need a map. That's like the only item if I remember correctly.

So I have to pick an attack cat for the boomerang skills but still equip a healing horn? Is that how it works? How would I heal otherwise?

nope, cats literally do not have a usable item slot.

You have 3 acorns that restore you to full whenever you die, they refill if you rest. You don't cart until you die 4 times as a cat.
Healing horn is a waste of Forte Meter.

So I have to rest back at the camp? Sorry if I am asking so many questions, but I really want to try this out since a lot of the weapons have been really stale for me lately so I thought a new playstyle might be interesting.

Is this out in the states yet? Last I checked it was EU only or something.

There's also other cats. If you're playing single player you bring 2 other cats with you.

You can't manually use acorns either. Basically how it works is.
Attack cat with enrage, Piercing Boomerang, and Huge Boomerang. You have plenty of slots as a for Forte skills, but they all consume the same gauge so having too many just means you have to cycle more.
You then have Passive skills which you have max points based on your level of the cat. A level 30 cat has 6 points for example. Attack up L takes 3 points, Affinity up L takes 2, and Boomerang Pro takes 1. (these are the only skills for cats that are good outside of earplugs or wind resist)

also fuck responded to the wrong person, yeah cats need a map that's literally all they have.

Isn't there also a skill that makes boomerangs charge faster? Is that boomerang pro?

So my major source of healing is my other cats equipped with horns?

No it's acorns, you don't need to heal as a cat you literally cannot cart as a cat unless you're on an arena map.

and yes it's boomerang pro.

Cats get 9 acorns on arena maps to compensate.

I meant maps that you can't get back to base in. Not the arena

So there is no way to cart as a cat? I thought I had to replenish acorns by resting at the base. I can just rest at any time?

Holding sprint and pressing B makes you dig into the ground.
You're not exactly invincible but it's enough to escape to camp.

also you have to die 4 damn times in a row without getting away.

Does this mean I can use the cat to farm for those things?

Bushido Bow rivals Bushi LS and Bushi CB as my favourite style/weapon combination. Jesus.

Part of me wants to pursue all three when I get the game, but I admit I love LS more than CB. CB's changes just sour it.

Cats don't get any items whatsoever. Instead, they get what said and cat-specific skills that you can train and unlock.

If you die with 0 acorns, you cart. So outside of hunts where you can't return to the base came, yes, it's basically impossible to cart unless you're a retard.

Yes, the only real downside being that you can't use armor skills to improve your droprate.

Is anyone in this thread alive?

I'm alive. Sort of. The threads will probably be better when the demo gets rolled out for the public.

Yo so does anyone wanna play the demo?

Sure, post a room

So it's 0/10?

Anyone who isn't a faggot has CFW'd their 3ds to play MHX, there's not much legit 3ds users left.
Maybe cuckchan or reddit would be more you legalfags speed?

Can you elaborate on that a little? I'll give that the styles are gimmicky, that's for sure, and some things really need some balance tweaking, but I'm not sure useless is the way to describe the new mechanics. Personal example: aerial swaxe lets me clown on monsters in village quests, but I'm more likely to switch to Guild for the demon sword and energy charge combo.

I am honestly baffled by people clamoring for the demo when the full game is out and about for all to play.

1 sec trynna do something

No problem!

MH4U fag here, how do I lance?
I can go up against a Khezu or Gypceros just fine, and countering the roars and bullshit feels great. It's multiple monsters that fuck me up. I tried hunting an Iodrome and the pack of Ioprey kept attacking from behind and flinching me. Am I missing something or is Lance weak against groups like this?

There's a mechanic in MH referred to as "poise," "super armor," or "knockback protection" in-game. All blademaster weapons have attacks that lend super armor to their hunter during the animation. Lance has the worst super armor in the game of all blademasters. Lance gets super armor on the X+A sweep, R+A counter stabs, and most of the attacks involved with the R+X+A charge. The sweep is extremely slow for its motion value so it does shit DPS. You can't attack solely with counters so that's also a shitty option for super armor. The R+X+A charge actually does pretty good damage but it will send teammates flying so it's shit online.

If you're really getting fucked up by small chip damage knocking you down, break free with an X+A sweep as soon as you can or just R+X+A charge out of there.

Oh boy, Capcom fucking did it.

I never could've imagined that my already considerable hatred for those useless faggot cats could go any deeper.
Beyond platinum mad doesn't even begin to describe this feeling.

>bait nargas triple lunge with pin point precision 20 fucking klicks away from me twice

FUCK YOU, CRAPCOM
FUCK EVERY CAT ON THIS GAY EARTH

All I want is my chachas. So I can use them very rarely

what do you lose by going adept LBG? for most weapons you lose a few moves but I'm not noticing any difference

Well lets take a look at striker. It's garbage for almost every weapon.
Or Ariel is a downgrade for a majority of weapons too. Then for the weapons it's not bad on it 100% outshines every other style for a vast majority of the time.
Adept is randomly horrible for another decent chunk "hey lets remove your best moves and instead you get a slightly better dodge"

That's what I mean. The styles and hunting arts are random as shit and have no consistency on if they nerf a weapon to shit, or are 100% SOTYAY

I can see that.

The styles aren't really useless, they just need to be balanced better so some are less useless than others. Also some styles remove moves that aren't detriments at all (like Adept removing Yellow Shield from CB). And most of of the time, it's like "why would you want to play anything other than x style?", especially when it comes to Adept LS and Adept Bow. Adept Hammer also seems to be pretty good.

Hunter arts are all over the place. CB's hunter arts are weak overall compared to arts like what the LS has. (Energy Blade just seems weak as hell and takes something from you, while 2/3 of Longsword's arts actually buff you AND they're attacks) Some of the arts in general you'll probably never use.

That's pretty much my point, a vast majority of styles are just >Best for Weapon or >garbage do not use ever.
It's a stupid gimmick and I hope it doesn't survive to the next numbered. Or as you said it needs a massive rework and rebalance.
Hunter arts I'd be 100% fine with them dropping, it adds nothing to the game.

Do things from spinoffs usually make it into the mainline titles?

this sadly

DUDE SnS HAS BEEN BUFFED TOO

yes, but there's no reason to use it when you can use aerial SA to end the hunt quickly

The best weapon is the weapon you love, my friend

I try to do this with each Monster Hunter game and learn a new weapon or two. Switch things up so I don't use the same weapon every single game.

MHFreedom - SnS, Lance
MHFU - GS, LS
MHP3rd - LS, SnS
MH3U - GL, Hammer
MH4U- CB, GS

Planning on learning LBG/HBG, DS, and maybe bugstick in the new one.

i know, but when you have to farm a monster for certain materials you want to do it fast.

I guess. As a SnS user i sure wish it was less bland of a weapon, it's seful if you wanna deal constant damage on a boss but there are better weapons to break faces or cut tails.

But stylish bombing is fun

That was kind of the point of the weapon though. It doesn't really excel at anything outside of constant damage and better item usage.

I know they added different weapon arts for blade masters, but what did they do for gunners?

S-Stilish b-b-bombing?!

Consider this: with the nerf to the boomerang/ hammer strategy it will be the only weapon able to stun monsters with the appropriate oil AND cut tails.
I really wish the coatings would last more, they seemed to be so short in duration, but i guess that they intended it for balance.

They added oils for blademasters now? That is pretty neat. Are you serious about hammers not being able to stun that well? That is a shame since that was one of the biggest aspects of the risk/reward thing hammers had.

The hammer is perfect for stunning, they just nerfed the possibility of tenderizing a monster's tail with the hammer, and cut it with a single boomerang throw because the game just checked for the last bit of damage to be cut.

The coatings are SnS only, and are as following:
Limit 1 coating a time and they run out after 2 minutes.

I wish they did the whole alternate style thing a bit differently. Instead of Striker, Aerial and Adept they could have just given an "Alternative" mode for each weapon. For example an alternative Lance would be without the shield, focusing more on stronger thrusts and 2 handed attacks. Alternative bowguns could have you manually load different rounds into a fixed size magazine, so reloading is slower but you can have 4 Slicing S and 4 Normal3 S shots in the gun at the same time. Alternative Hunting Horn could make performing valid songs automatic, but the buff is much shorter. As in XX automatically giving you speed up for 10 seconds, and another XX refreshing it and adding the encore effect.

My dick can't be any harder. The worst part about being SnS was trying to grind for each elemental weapon and target parts.

Yes, it basically works like the armor ability to break parts.
I'm unsure if you can wear the armor too and get 4x break damage, tough… would be awesome but crapcom knows better than making SnS viable

SnS has been viable for a while now. It was shit in the first monster hunter and the second until unite, but it could dish out very fast damage depending on the monster. It just relied heavily on getting a lot of rolling gear and learning to never use the last hit in the combo.

what is bad about the last hit in the combo?

It makes you look pretty gay, user.

Last hit in the generic SnS combo is very slow and doesn't deal that much damage. The idea is to do every hit in the regular combo except for the last one and instead roll afterwards to keep the combo going. Problem is that you have to find an armor set that fulfills being able to dodge far and well while also getting sharpness and elemental damage up to get the most out of SnS which limits options.

Bait.

This is truth.

Bait.

;~;

I often finish my combos with X+Y so i do the spin attack that seems to deal quite a bit.
Of course i know better than to stand next to a monster that's about to attack but i don't see any problem with it being slow.
Could you give me a video example of it, perhaps?

It's bait because it's only good for DS/LS? The SA hunting arts aren't good enough to justify the gimped moveset from Guild style.
And the rest the HAs are just far too horrible to even think about it. Imagine striker Hunting horn, you can use all those useless HAs!

And Bushido suffers the same problem, Gimped moveset for a free better dodge. HH flat horrible, GS loses the level 3 charge unless it's after a bushido dodge. I can go on and on, but basically the styles are randomly shit and have next to no thought into them.

I'd be fine with this user's idea where there's a single viable alternate style to each weapon as opposed to the nonsense where they're complete trash 70% of the time

Nigga just walk around the monster you've got the highest move speed after HH and nowhere near as much end lag. If you're really boned you can use the shield half of sword and shield and just block (and not even lose any sharpness).

SnS is one of the least skill-dependent weapons aside from wanting sharpness.

The rolling though allows for better invincibility frames and positioning though. It helps with a lot of the faster paced fights.

LBG is fun as fuck in LR, pissing around with rapid shots. Save HBG and DS for HR, where LBG is functionally worthless except in a few rare DLC instances where absolute maximim mobility is required.

I didn't know, damn, that's what I'll use for the duration of this shitty short G-rank-less game. Goddamn not having G or 140s is going to suck dick.

okay now lets not be silly 140s were the worst thing in all of Monster hunter

>misspelling apex this fucking hard

Why would they even bother doing this? Was it OP in 4U or something?

Ask Donte for the reason.

It's really easy to fuck yourself over especially with normalshot, since you want to use your shells for
fullbursts. Bushido GL is good fun, though.

I don't really understand why everyone is creamign their panties over aerial swaxe.

Am I missing something?

absurdly high motion values.
Seriously when built right it out damages every other SA by miles

It'd be really cool if weapons with no element even with awaken, which usually rather dull sharpness wise like pic related, got the ability to do stun damage. There are a few sword and shields and dual swords that are actually clubs rather than swords and it'd make more sense if those were able to do stun damage than cutting.

>which usually APPEAR rather dull sharpness wise like pic related

End-thread reminder that the best MonHun game is and will always be Peace Walker.

It's like you're so bad you can't deal with bouncing, which is actually a mechanic in low/high rank already.

Is there anything comfier?

Hate to beg, but do any of you anons have a spare generations demo key?

I'd like to play with some friends but I'm the only one without one.

Sure here you go
FUCKING CFW YOU DUMB ASSHOLE

Alright, fair enough

I've been looking at it a while, I guess now is as good a time as any

v11 fuck my life