Why is everybody immediately shitting on this again? It actually looks fun and is trying something fucking new...

Why is everybody immediately shitting on this again? It actually looks fun and is trying something fucking new. Looks infinitely better than BF1 to me. I still need to see more footage that isn't scripted before I even think about playing this. I also hate how everybody came to seeing MW Remastered. CoD fans are the goddamn worst. Thoughts? Also

>Most interesting call of duty is the most hated one.

I guarantee it's mostly EA bots.

The space theme could be interesting, but what are the chances their lazy worthless arcade shooting gameplay will explore the theme with any depth? Slim to fucking none

Because shitting on CoD has become popular in the mainstream. People were starting to get tired after MW3 tried to rehash the controversy from 1 and 2, and Ghosts turned off plenty of normalfags.

In a way, it parallels the Guitar Hero/Rock Band path:

So now at this point people are tired of buying new CoDs and will shit on them despite semi-novel premises.

MW was fun, before it became the standard by which everything should play. I also liked UO and the original CoD back when it was based on idTech3. I'm glad to see CoD is moving in a direction that changes their overall gameplay to get away from rehashing, and unless you're one of the poor souls who keeps up with CoD story for some reason, it looks like it'll be solid.

Yeah, just like Advanced Warfare was going to be as fast as quake.
Fuck off with the shilling.

Someone tried a thread earlier and it wss shot down. Not because
Lol cod.
But because there will be no deviance from the formula. You have your corridor shooting gallery and a "stealth" segment.
Theres nothing else to do. You played one, you've played em all.

I'm gonna be honest, what I saw of the space shooting and spaceship flying from the Sony conference shocked me and surprised me. I might give this one a whirl sometime after it comes out to see if it's just bullshot or a legitimate revamp. I'd don't think there'll be a sizeable campaign, but if there is, they at least have my attention and curiosity as to how it plays now.

Maybe now that they're having a harder time milking it, they'll slow down on the yearly releases and actually take the time to make a good game. Most likely not, but wishful thinking.

Why would you ask such a stupid fucking question, OP?

When they showed it, I thought it was a flight sim at first. When the player got out of the fighter and started shooting things with a rifle, I was kind of disappointed. Then I realized it was Call of Duty, and the disappointment made more sense.

Because no matter what CoD pulls it's still CoD. Oh look, a fun looking space fight? It's just a small part for the SP campaign and the rest is just same old same old CoD. Holy shit look at that! Wall running and some half decent movement options! Too bad it's still stuck to same old same old cod where TTK is godawful and weapons feel like airsoft guns.

Gotta say it took me completely by surprise, I had no interest in COD since MW2, so I didn't even pay attention to the shit storm that was the reveal trailer for this game. At first I thought it was ANOTHER space sim like game being announced. The flying looked nice enough, the shooting was simple enough, but I like the idea of boarding an enemy ship being a common thing.

As far as the multiplayer goes of course I have no interest, its fucking COD. But maybe if the SP campaign is actually sizable to an extent I will legitimately be very interested. It may be as well, saw some sort of campaign map in the game, only had 4 hotspots visible but if there is stuff in between or more than one chapter I will probably get it. As long as stuff keeps coming out that lets me know its something different.

True enough. I just think the setting and set pieces look cool, but you guys pretty much said it all.

It's just strange seeing the normalfags shitting on it too is all.

as soon as it was revealed the game was call of duty it eliminated any possibility of player freedom and choice. It's just a linear campaign, that's it

What, did you think they would just eat shit forever?
Don't be silly, even normalfags get bored of the same tripe. They're just going to eat a different flavor of shit.

I would bet real money that the flying part is going to be a one-off set piece, like everything else interesting in CoD.

Wouldn't even be remotely surprised or for it to be completely on rails. Just more surprised that a COD game finally drew my attention again. Just gonna be one of the game I keep my eyes on in the coming months

Honestly I'm more interested in what I've seen of IW than BF1. Though I have my doubts, it'll likely just end up being a by-the-books shooter with incredibly linear levels and scripting out the ass, and a mediocre multiplayer (I remember how Advanced Warfare was meant to be the one game to draw in all the Quake players but look how that turned out). Still apparently there are space dogfights which aren't on rails (the section in the trailer might have been on-rails, not too sure, but they've confirmed there will at least be optional missions where you have full freedom to fly as you wish, at least within the combat arena). And frankly if they're pissing off the CoD fanbase this much with what they've shown so far that can only be a good sign.

I'll wait and see how it turns out before I even think about pirating it let alone buying it, but sadly it looks slightly less shit to me right now than Blackedfield 1.

Also I have to laugh at all the CoD babbies on Youtube comments etc. shitting on the trailers and proclaiming that "CoD was always shit, this is just the final nail in the coffin", as if it isn't their fault CoD is still a thing by buying every yearly installment to date.

This game would be considered good if it didn't have Call of Duty in the title.

I've been wanting a game with generic space marines in first person that have you going around space and fighting for Humanity. It's sad that this is the closest we got right now.

I've never been interested in a cod game and I think I've only played one or two for them for a few minutes before.

This is the first time I've actually been interested in one solely because of the setting.

It's ironic that this is the one apparently everybody hates and says is the worst(?) not sure why.

Not to defend CoD but I actually heard the no sound in space argument as a geniune negative of the trailer. Nigger, fucking Star Wars does that shit with sound in space because it would sound boring.

Seems like it has a little more interactivity than modern warfare but it is a Call of Duty game. Verticality seems more part of the gameplay instead of a one-off gimmick. I expect the usual multiplayer focus of snap turn and you're dead which I just don't like.

What I saw from the BF1 gameplay is exactly what I was worried I was going to see, which is semi-automatic and sub machine guns EVERYWHERE. I think it would of been really interesting if they had forced most people to stick with bolt actions, so it would really be an OH FUCK moment when someone runs up on you with an automatic weapon.

Then again I can't be surprised, its a triple A company, they can't actually do anything out of the norm. All BF1 looks like to me is a tad slower BF4 with WWI skins. No gameplay changes at all, which is really disappointing. At least make the semi-auto and sub-machine guns unreliable and able to jam, because of those guns they have in the game were strictly experimental shit that was never fielded.

So what? Star Wars isn't sci-fi, it's fantasy that happens to be set in space.

I came here to tell you that you're a fucking retard. I'm even doing it from my phone.

I think they already explain the suits have a device that simulates sound or something.

I have always thought that a good compromise of no sound in space is to have it be real bassy. Instead of hearing things, you "feel" it more so through bass in your headphones ect. Or at least things be noticeably muffled. Only problem is not many people probably have a bass setup that would make it feel really good, and that headphones don't excel in that area either.

Because they're normalfags and redditors.
They'll shit on this and praise something like Bioshock Infinite in the same breath.

This looks like some sci fi 80's space opera anime.
This is the most interesting COD has ever been and the combat looks fun(normalfags hate to have fun because that's for kids they like adult games for adults like themselves).

It's about space wizards who use space magic in the futuristic past. It's fantasy set in space. There's loads of stuff like that. I don't have a problem with it. It's just not sci-fi. If you actually think it is, you're an idiot.

Are you retarded?

No. Are you?

Oh and the development have said that you'll be free to roam wherever you want when you're on your spaceship so it's not on-rails.

*developers

It wasn't nearly as fast as Quake but it was faster than numoom

Star Wars was created around the time when both Fantasy and Sci-fi were one and the same, or how it's called now, Science Fantasy. You're all wrong and correct.

Why?

because Holla Forums is a circlejerk, its the cool thing to do

Holla Forums is filled with basement-dwelling manchildren that do nothing but play videogames, especially the ones they "hate", and then spend all day bitching about little inconsistencies they think they've found. Theirs is a retarded sublimation of sexual and societal failure.

and COD4 is still the best, sorry m8

The lines between the two weren't as distinct in the '70s. Mishmashes continued to be pretty common until the '90s, actually. The usual umbrella term these days is "speculative fiction."

I found it interesting.
Also, when it was first shown I truly thought it was Star Citizen but it tuned out to be COD.
Its surprising that everyone is doing space themed games better than a so called expert of space games and this one has an actual release date unlike Scam Citizen.

go back to NeoGAF you degenerate

makes 2 of us.

Don't answer that, it's a rhetorical effect

COD4 is sort of like Morrowind - you can clearly point where the series started to show warning signs, but it's still fun to play. Pripyat mission remains memorable to this day.

Well I HATED Modern Warfare 2, but I guess I can give COD4 another go.

I stopped at World at War. MW1 lost me in the first 2 hours.

graphically i think B1 is superior, but it's hard to tell. i am more interested in infinity than battlefield, though. just looks more daring, like it's trying to expand out of it's comfort zone.

*MW2. Also, might be a good idea to wait for the HD version.

When I watched the IW trailer in sony's conference, I didnt even realize it was COD until the end and got extremely hype for a cool space action game. I thought they had come up with some original title to steal chris roberts thunder. Looking back, the scripted parts are obvious now. But goddamn they had me fooled for a bit and I still think it looks fun as fuck. Normalfag COD fans hate it because they're plebs.

People play these games for multiplayer, only a morom would sink 60 dollars for a shitty shooter campaign. As far as multiplayer goes COD will be just the same shit as every year, a corridor shooter designed for casuals. Battlefield is the better game simply by being Battlefield. It has infinitelly more depth and a much higher skill ceiling than shitty COD.

It was fun watching EA's livestream with the youtuber shitters tearing a new asshole on those weed niggers such as snoopy dog or whatever his name is, that nigger went like 0/11 at the end of one of the rounds. Whereas in COD I can guarantee you that even that fucker would've gotten a better score simply by the fact that it's a corridor shooter designed to give bad players a chance of killing someone by luck.

I won't deny that the trailer at Sony's conference was pretty good, but then again that's just a scripted singleplayer scene. I would consider getting MW remaster if they weren't trying to jew everyone and their mom with that preorder shit. Anyway, I guess I won't buy a new COD ever again, last one being Black Ops, which I deeply regretted.

because Holla Forums is, and pretty much always has been, a bunch of contrarian teenagers or early 20 somethings that hate things based on how popular they are

what's the point of remaking it? moneeeey

post if you're an oldschool gamer who grew up with Halo ;^)

Why would you consider getting a MW1 remaster if you don't like IW? MW is a garbage popcorn shooter, while the most recent CODs have been garbage popcorn shooters with a couple neat things that make them reasonably mediocre.

Because Holla Forums is, and pretty much always has been, a congregation of unpopular teenagers and early 20 somethings that reflexively hate things that are popular to shield their own ego.

Usually your post will go through if you just wait a second, newfag. Now get off my board.

My picture didn't get attached.

Sure. :^)

Hey, at least I got a prom date!

She's an ugly sack of shit, user

Don't you talk about my mother that way, asshole, or I'll teleport behind you. *unsheathes katana*

FUCK YOU

That's it, no more mister nice guy!
YOU'RE…
OUTTA HEEEEERE!!!

TAAAAKE THIS!

Because I enjoyed the campaign back then, the multiplayer was pretty mediocre though. Also notice that I said that I would consider buying it not that I want to buy it. If they were selling the remaster for less than 40 dollars as a standalone then I would consider buying it just for the campaign and maybe some of the multiplayer, despite it being shit.

Questions:

1)

Why
do

you
type

this?

2) Why are you so angry? No one is forcing you to buy COD or BF. Please don't go nuclear here.

Your fanboy is showing and you're wrong.
They're on the same level of trash.

Raging this hard and then says this:

and then goes on to say this.

I just realized something.. You have no real opinion and are just following the crowd. Shouldn't you be on every site disliking everything COD related and reporting back to Reddit for the next thing to follow the orchestrated mobs to hate on/support?

Because the "cod is shit" meme reached normal fags. So any gamur grill or lol so nedy will use it to show how into vidya they are

And since it became a meme, no metter how they changed it, and how they improved it slightly will be stained as shit

I should have known battlefield 1 would be just like any other battlefield game. Now k owing how shit it is, I rather have COD keep doing what its doing merely because they do some different things.

Battlefield stop being a good series after 3, Battlefield 1 is guaranteed going to be a mess historically and be as shallow as any game under EA are. inb4 publishers have no say on the product.

This. Whoever controls the memes controls the world. It's why the Jews have sent their shills to try and coerce us to "use meme magic" to their ends.

That said I have had zero faith in the CoD brandname after CoD3, so I wouldn't say I actively shit on the franchise, more like just don't care.

This, man. I would love a space mercenary game, but the idea of being a space peacekeeping force sounds rad as hell.

I don't type like that, it's called a paragraph you fucking retard.

What makes you think I'm angry?

Wrong. Call of Duty is a corridor shooter with hitscan weapons, small maps, low time to kill, has no vehicles, very limited in terms of playstyles and the learning curve is ridiculously small. A five year old can join a COD match and still get kills consistently because of the way the game is designed. Pretty much the whole game boils down to who shoots who first wins, which is facilitated by the fact that the maps are extremely small, people respawn pretty fast, weapons are hitscan and the chances of just running into someone's back is pretty high and that all translates to very very low skill ceiling.

Battlefield on the other hand and I'm talking about BF4 not BF3 mind you, has very large maps with multiple classes of vehicles that require different types of engagement to overcome. It also has different loadout classes each with different roles and impact on the whole game, you need a medic to revive your team so you can capture a flag, an engineer to engage vehicles, support to supply ammo and so on. It doesn't help that the game also has projectile based shooting mechanics instead of hitscan, combine that with large maps and you have COD kids spraying their assault rifles at mid to long range and not hitting anything.

Now, I could go on and on detailing how much more depth Battlefield has over COD, how much higher the skill ceiling and the learning curve are, how much more variety in terms of playstyles and options you have in BF but I see that you're not being honest to begin with. Please don't insult my intelligence saying that both games have the same depth.

I fail to see the contradiction here and you're taking sentences out of context. I said that I would consider buying it but due to the circumstances I'm not going to and because I don't believe things are going to change then I guess I won't change my position in the future. Could you please point out to me where's the contradiction then?

Battlefield 3 is by far the worst Battlefield game in the series, unless you consider Hardline a Battlefield game. BF4 after all the patches is by far the best in the game and I could argue with you why it is so if you wish.

You just went full retard here. Is Battlefield 1942 historically accurate? Is Battlefield 2 historically accurate? Is Battlefield 2142 historically accurate? Is Battlefield Bad Company 2 historically accurate? Is Battlefield 4 historically accurate? Is the quality of any game defined by how historically accurate it is? Please think about how retard your argument here is.

That's a very sound possibility unfortunatelly seeing how they fucked up BF3 and possibly Battlefront, but I haven't played that game so I can't really tell.

And if i remember well, most of the guns in BF1 are unusual, prototype, exotic type of shit that never or barely got adopted during WW1.
Still dont see a reason to shoehorn nigs this bad, since they were just a minority that got shadowed by the conflict, since most of the combatants where europeans.

I don't see how that's a problem. I have some criticisms of my own regarding the overuse of automatics and semi-autos from what I've seen in the livestream. It's a videogame, demanding it to be 100% historically accurate is just as dumb as demanding Battlefield 2142 to be 100% historically accurate. You could make the case that being more historically accurate to ww1 would make a better game but I don't think a true ww1 game would make a good BF. At the end of the day I want to play Battlefield, not ww1, and I'd be pretty sad if they ruined another entry in the franchise just for the sake of accuracy. At the very least, from what I've seen so far, it's very plausible so I'm ok with that.

That much I agree. People get angry at Holla Forums posting in Holla Forums but if we don't oppose SJW shoehorning their ideologies into gaming then this is what we'll get. I also hope they remove that souless female narrator, it really ruined the game for me when I watched it.

BF1 is a CoD 1 ripoff set in WW1 instead of WW2. CoD 1, being more historically accurate, has more rifles than machine guns in the game's arsenal. If WW2 had that much rifle use, shouldn't BF1 be at least 90% consisted of bolt action rifles?

Isn't the story about how you're a soldier fighting for the NWO against nationalist Martian settlers?
OY VEEEEEEEEEEEY nice propoganda treyarch
Anyway, who gives a shit. It's run&gun instalment no. #20. People shouldn't care, the only reason it'll be bought is for the remaster

This honestly looks more like the space battles from star wars battlefront 2 than a call of duty to me… except with grappling hooks.

Go back to cuckchan. At worst there has been a little talk about Infinite Warfare since trailer could be a bullshot.

Stop, alright? We get it. Now stop.

Fuck, this thread was worse than I thought. Generic
as if a setting chance and a few other difference change how each game shoots and plays the exact same

Redditfag forgot to sage. Enjoy your ban.