Since the Crash announcement. I'm hoping for a Spyro trilogy remaster

Spyro is the best!

Other urls found in this thread:

ngemu.com/threads/peteopengl2tweak-tweaker-for-peteopengl2-plugin-w-gte-accuracy-hack.160319/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Can't we just let crash and spyro go out gracefully? They can't be ruined it if a new game isn't made.

If you want remasters over new, quality games packed with content and are satisfied to play the same shit over and over with a new coat of paint, you are why video games are shit.

I love the original Spyro trilogy. But I think its for the best for no remasters. Silent Hill HD and Enter the DragonFly touch me in a bad place.

Remasters are cancer. But I do wish they would give Insomniac Spyro again. Unlike Naughty Dog, Insomniac is actually still good. And the Crash announcement at least shows that Activision knows nobody will buy their shit without Sony's involvement.

Enter the Dragonfly isn't a remaster. It's just a bad sequel after a franchise was wrenched away from its original devs.

You should be careful what you wish for.

Crash looks like his original concept art or just like Fake Crash, depending on how you look at it. I think Activision now knows the kids buying Skylanders aren't buying it for Spyro, and anyone who actually likes Spyro won't buy it with any Skylanders shit touching it.

Remake is more applied to games that are actually different but just take key elements like stories and level themes. Like the new Ratchet & Clank game is a remake. It's not exactly the same, it has an altered story that still retells the basics of the first game, it has new levels but they follow the same pattern as the old ones, with a lot of old levels but sometimes changed or expanded.

Meanwhile there is the Ratchet HD collection on PS3 and Vita which is literally the PS2 games with new graphics. That's a remaster.

Personally I think remaster = cashgrab and people would just be better off playing the original versions instead

Yeah but they're gonna sucker people in with the thought that the remasters are a check to see if the people screaming for the franchise to come back are willing to put their money where their mouth is, and that if they actually sell, then Sony might make more that actually try to be like them.

I know that's why this is going to be the first game I've ever pre-ordered. And I'm gonna hate myself for it. But I can't give up the chance of more Crash.

Fuck Skylanders though. Never touching that shit.

Nobody could ever remake the original Spyro and have it look as beautiful as when it came out

Also they'll never do the music right.

But a remaster would probably mean you couldn't trigger air swimming or use double jumping to get out of the map. Those games had really fun glitches to exploit.

I seriously don't get the meme that Crash is good
his games were absolute shit
Can the oldfags who didn't have Mario64 and had to latch onto some bad controlling platformer 20 years ago stop trying to trick the 16 year olds on the internet into thinking it was good?

You posted this in the last thread and it didn't work there, either.

This is a setup.

Activision still own crash?
Anyone know?

The best part about that anniuncement was that the whoke crowd was about to fucking cheer, thinking they'd get a new crash game, but then Everyone in the crowd got dissapointed the second the guy said remaster. Even the guys that were starting to cheer stopped mid-cheer. It was fucking hilarious.

He's in Skylanders now. What do you think?

So what's with Activision not being credited in uncharted 4s credits?
Could there be some kind of shared ownership thing going on? I'm not gonna be content until Activision's jew hands are off the series for good.

You are the cancer

This… is actually a good point. I don't have faith in the current state of gaming for a new release in either series to not be completely fucked

this is disgusting what the fuck

So I actually started playing Spyro 1 today. Why the fuck does the game feel like it's on ice physics even when it's not?

Spyro 1 needs to be played with a D-pad, 2 and 3 are good for analog sticks.

47% complete spyro 1
85% complete spyro 2
0% spyro 3

why are these games so good even years later,remaster prob won't do them justice, plus anyone old enough for nostalgia can just emulate them by now

say no to reboots,remasters and restarts

But it doesn't? You don't slip and you turn around as soon as you touch a directional button.

I've literally never heard this complaint before so I'm 99% sure this is just you being weird.

I've been using analog control. Every time I try to do anything, I slip and slide around.

Spyro looks great even today, particularly in emulators.

"Remake/Remaster" of them is completely unnecessary and would likely fuck up it's art style and gameplay.

Spyro 1 has stronger gravity physics than later games. Running up hill slows your speed, running down hill increases it. If you land on the edge of a platform, gravity usually pulls you off.

How should I set up my emulator if I want the game to look this good

Why does God allow this to exist?

Those 4k screenshots were taken in some kind of level viewer.

For emulating, just grab one that supports increased resolutions and crank it up.

Oh, but widescreen would require enabling some emulator hacks, I typically just stick to the original aspect ratio.

But user, those new quality games you speak of will never come. Sure they'll be new, but they'll be shit as always.

Yeah, good job on ruining that.

They'll find a way. Just like they did in all the games after the PS1.

Even widescreen hacks only get you so far. The game renders to an atypical render target aspect ratio, has a low field of view, and heavily utilizes low LoD models. Then there's vertex jitter and affine texture projection, though peteopengl2tweak does smooth it over.

Mednafen offers high accuracy, but high resolution support is half-baked at the moment. PeteOpenGL2Tweak seems to currently be the best renderer for plugin-based PSX emulators:

ngemu.com/threads/peteopengl2tweak-tweaker-for-peteopengl2-plugin-w-gte-accuracy-hack.160319/