Wake up to friend super buttmad about Resident Evil 7

Why are "true fans" the worst casual fans in every series?

Because they're posers with no personality whatsoever, so they latch onto the first thing they like and build their persona around it?

Isn't first person technically better for spooky anyhow? Limiting your field of vision could allow for more surprises.

They probably dont know that the first 4 RE games are very heavy on puzzles that require you to backtrack everytime you want to unlock a door. RE1-3 puzzle can be unforgiving sometimes

I don't know how First-Person RE will work, but I like the return to horror. The true fans are just mad it's not running that pseudo 3rd person camera from 4,5,6,New God of War

Survivor was shit, though.

I'm not especially excited about that trailer, but being in first person isn't one of my issues. My concern is that aside from seeing one maybe zombie for a quarter second, it didn't feel very Resident Evil-ish. Like, stylistically speaking, I guess. I'd feel significantly better if it had been set inside a nicer mansion like the first one instead of that place that looked like it would have been a seedy rundown shack even before it was trashed. And the music wasn't very RE at all.

Also, even if I don't mind going first person, citing Survivor as your justification is dumb, that game sucked. It is absolutely not evidence that going first person is a good thing, way to be right for the wrong reason.

I just want another Resident evil 4 that is good.

True friends have sex

RE4fags are cancer.

do you hellbound degenerate faggots think this is funny?

god isnt real. You're pretty stupid to think otherwise

You convinced me.

And they say steretypes are wrong.

The lightgun games sucked though.

Go get shot at a gay club

How old is your friend? Twelve?

i dont want everyone to be fags. Being a fag mans shit like licking dude feet and other revolting acts.

I just assumed everyone on Holla Forums was a queer so I encouraged OP to quit being tsun tsun about it

but
refer to

Dude you dont honestly think some guy in the sky is judging everything you do right? There's no logical reason to believe your shit is any more beliable than greek mythology. The only reason you believe it is because it caught on in the middle ages.

I was telling a ghetto nigger the other day that his race's original religion isn't christianity and he should stop being a fag and stop insulting his race. He wouldn't have it and told me to fuck off.

You people are fucking brainwashed just like SJWs and feminists.

Can't they do what the new Alone in the Dark did and include both view modes?

Tell him RE4 shat on everything the previous games were about but look what happened; it defined the rest of the franchise as an action series up until now.

RE7 is just a reminder of the other half of the series' roots.

Not really. The camera and scene direction in the first game is still pretty much the best. Also SH has a camera that purposely works to hide and obsuce enemies in free cam. As well as good camera/scene placement for set camera loctations like RE1.

First person doesn't make something inherently more scary. As always the bottleneck is the development team's skill at horror.

Anyway Biohazard Gone Home edition is pathetic as is anyone excited for it. Play Outbreak you fucking plebs. It's the only Biohazard game that actually needs and deserves a remastered edition on modern platforms w/ no loading screens and improved network. But of course CAPCOM pretends it doesn't exist and focuses and bullshit like this and revelations.

I still have no idea what this game plays like. Is there an actual emphasis on combat, or is it just going to be an Amnesia-clone?

It's implied that there will still be fighting since in the demo there's an axe you can hit and break stuff with, and an aim assist option exists despite there being nothing to aim at.

this man makes a fair point, op
too bad he thinks sage is a downvote

It all depends on if you have weapons, but first person works for more immersion, at least that is the idea behind it, and that's why it's used in games.

It allows for further self-placement and suspension of disbelief. I don't recall any third person game that has ever scared me, ever. That includes RE1 and Silent Hill.

It does because it simulates proximity and enemy placement more accurately in relation to the player causing the player to react as they would in real life or at least closer to that.

Yes, but he's not a guy and he's not currently judging us and he's not in the sky.
You would have to refute the Bible if you want me to believe any of your "logic" but I doubt you've ever had one.
No, I believe because of the Bible.
I don't know what his original religion has to do with anything but that sounds like something a larpagan would say.
Okay shitdick, have fun with the AIDS and the desecration of western culture.

Fixed camera is better for this, in my opinion, because the developer can intelligently decide what your view is limited to. That being said, I prefer what I've seen over something like RE6. The demo looked very rough, but at least they are trying something new to the series. If they just copy Steam FP horror games, though, it will be fucking garbage.

I'm not gay. I love to lick girl feet and finger pussy, I'm just saying OP clearly wants to fuck his friend. So I'm encouraging him.

You an believe in the bible, I'm just saying it's dumb to do so.

outlast scares me user. I will not relent to admit it

You're a sexual degenerate, that's all I'm saying. Don't know why you brought religion into it.

Fuck off Christ Cuck. Fuck Off all Desert Fucker Origin Religions.

Too many niggers itt.

Did you miss the VII in the title?

You're fucking retarded fam.

That technically makes them fans of 3 and 4 instead of the whole series

What the fuck is wrong with these people?

He was talking about survivor not being a main game, fuck wad.

If you honestly think that SH's camera isn't coded to do exactly what it is you're retarded. How can simply failing at coding make it so that the camera starts off with the camera turned AWAY from the enemy when entering a new room? Or changes direction down a corridor depending on the lighting conditions and enemies it knows are ahead? It connects with the core aspect of horror they tried to tap into: That fear comes from the unknown, the unseen.

For the camera to point at the enemy and encourage combat that's literally changing 1 to 0 in terms of coding for how it behaved in 2/3. It's on purpose.

Well then we have a differnece here since there's more 1st person horror games that done nothing for me compared to relatively scary games I've found in 3rd person (even those with more action focus).

How immersed you are again is a bottleneck of the design of the game and skill of the developers to encouraage immersion and in the case of horror… fear.

Not really. In real life adreanaline takes over and many people report having outer body experiences, time going slower, faster, remembering it like it was a movie… or just forgetting the whole thing. I don't think 1st person brings you any more closer to the game than 3d does.

The only argument where this could make sense is in VR which objectively does immerse the player more from the camera because you're controlling one's view like one would in real life. In first person with kb/m or a gamepad it's relying very much again on the game to be immersive on its own irregardless of the genre or the camera perspective.

This may shock you but a large number of people are contrarian hipsters, shocking i know.

S&H&R

might want to look into the demo before letting us know you got triggered pupper.

I did. It was nothing but 30 minutes of walking around a "spooky" house and jumpscares of spoopy ghost girls appearing for a second, spoopy VHS's, and spoopy mannequins falling over by themselves. SO SPOOPY AMIRITE?

You mean you watched a lets play by a casual, gotcha.

Sounds like a real anecdote to me.

So upset about the other RE7 thread you had to leave and make your own?

Because dumb people trying to be smart are much more dumber because they think they're smart.

They're called "Abrahamic religions" and you make the average fedora tipping cuck look intelligent.

Yesterday you would have shat all over it as everything that's wrong with RE spinoffs.

EUPHORIA INTENSIFIES

i have no problem with the game becoming a FPS, but the shitt they showed clearly looks like a walking simulator

And walking simulators are the easiest shit to make, thats why indie faggots love this crap

You never played resident evil gaiden did you?

where? I thought there was no gun combat in the demo. if you aren't talking out of your ass: tell me more

Theres a lot of secrets in the demo, it is PT influenced. The 'ghosts' for example are a pattern for a reason. I'll be interested to see what people find in a few days with it, but the options have an option to 'turn off aim assist for firearms'.

Semi-related, but is the steam version of Resident Evil 4 worth a buy?

Could be, depends on how you want to control things.
The 3rd person angle was harder to aim, but you could see the enemies coming a long way off. In a situation where ammunition is limited, it makes you chose how you engage carefully.

Are you're the same faggot who said this yesterday and nobody agreed with you then making up a story where you sarcastically say the same stupid shit doesn't help.

Is this teaser just PT 2.0 with combat?

Yes, it is the best version and has this WIP texture mod: re4hd.com

You want unforgiving? Do the laser puzzle in 5 with a retard as your partner. -or timing trapping that ouroboros monster in the furnace with the game's terrible pahtnah AI not taking a hint when to move, there's a fun puzzle.

No. Fucking no. 1st person isn't even the most insulting of all this. Going for just the spooks isn't what made resident evil a resident evil game. Labs, weapons, bio-weapons, all the little things. Even when RE4 is said to "deviate" from RE the most it deviated from was camera angle and qte. That was fucking it. It wasn't being pretentious about it either. This new one comes off as a fucking 1st person indie game. Remove the title of Resident Evil and you wouldn't even fucking know it's a RE game.
From the looks of it the game will lack the fun weapons to use against the undead. And from how everyone is standing and all those quick scenes of other people you can tell the story is going to be fucking pretentious.

What kind of ass behaves this way user?

You mean that irredeemably shit game?

Vincent pls go

The fact that your friends feels hate is good enough OP.

You don't truly care about something unless you fucking hate subsections of said thing.

It's why Holla Forums hates Niggers and Jews so much and why Holla Forums hates shitty video games and kike companies.

if re5/6 proved anything at all, it's that they no longer have any idea of what to do with the established storyline.

seeing capcom take things in a different direction is fine with me.

the RE7 demo wasn't terrible but it wasn't great
it felt more like horror than survival horror, it felt like they saw PT and tried to emulate it, and they got the gist, there was no actual combat in the game, but the inventory management was back and you're limited on weapons again

It might just be the introduction to the game. Combat may pick up after that point. I haven't played it so I don't fucking know shit about it outside the trailer.