David Jaffe got so cucked that he turned God of War into Last Of Us

David Jaffe got so cucked that he turned God of War into Last Of Us.

What happened?

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/?#/watch?v=C68SkzGb6Ww
archive.is/5Maty
youtube.com/watch?v=85q6BOnwIAQ
newgrounds.com/portal/view/495903
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Afro-Germans
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I don't know but I feel bad about it

You idiot Jaffe has nothing to do with GOW4, Cory Barlog is the director who funnily enough was the director of GOW2 and co developer of GOW1.

You didn't do any research, that's what happened.

I wonder if it will have the sex minigames again, those were hilarious

Still I wish they'd actually do something good with the gameplay. It's just way to focused on making you "feel" badass instead of giving you the tools to be one. Every attack is a large AoE and every enemy is way too telegraphed and stunlock-able for the game to be fun, even on Titan/God difficulty(I must admit the olympus challenges were a really fun thing though, if the game was more like that I'd be more receptive to it) and all the bosses are just nothing but flash and it has a lot of those godawful CINEMATIC LINEAR ON RAILS CLIMB ON GIANT MONSTER TO GET TO THREE WEAKSPOTS WHILE IT OCCASIONALLY SHAKES YOU GET A LOAD OF THAT EPIC MUSIC segments that made Lords of Shadow unbearable to play.

I am going to guess the story
During all this it will be TLoU gameplay from Kraots viewpoint
now it's the God of war gameplay

Nigga there's obviously no chance in fucking hell they'd do that in CURRENT YEAR because everyone would be triggered into oblivion

David Jaffe only worked on the first game you retard.

Wouldn't beet on it.
I rather expect TLoU gameplay all the way through. Shit sold well enough, why not "try" it on other games.

Actually Cory Barlog has wanted to do an emtional driven Kratos since seeing the development of Ghost of Sparta. I think he only came back to do this sequel because of that insparation.

You're a faggot for thinking that means anything.

The God of War games usually start off pretty slow, so I wasn't too surprised by anything other than the over-the-shoulder view.

I just hope this one matches 3's speed. The fluidity of switching weapons in it along with the increased speed overall made it harder to go back to the first two for me, although they're still decent.

I'm trying to figure out what the fuck you're even trying to say. Are you implying that big companies don't try to pander to SJWs? Because you're fucking retarded if that's what you're saying.

That prom pic is one of the cringiest things I've ever seen and he wants to love it? What an out-of-touch faggot.

Social participation may just be a way of sheilding the insides further.

I'll see past that.

I think a lot of people get it, but are unable to live it.

Bartok: Concerto for orchestra
Would suit this well.

m.youtube.com/?#/watch?v=C68SkzGb6Ww

Why so? I mean those minigames were never excplicit, you could only hear groans and moans and the hilarity I mentioned above, I think they were more just light hearted things to break up the constant edge and rage and gloom the has going for it.

I truly think GoW is a parody that no one should be taking seriously. If it just had better gameplay it would be one of my favorite series.

I believe there were tits. Can't show a woman's tits in [CURRENT YEAR], that's misogynist.

Honestly I'd love it if they decide to stop giving a shit and get someone like Sabaton

Yeah but those tits are not focused on. And it's the goddess of love and pleasure, most of her statues have her tits out, why wouldn't a game depiction of her have her tits out too?
There's something oddly attractive about the women in GoW, and I mean attractive rather than sexy. I just can't put my finger on it.

God of War is still relevant?
Like..
1 was pretty fucking great and neat for the time. A nice orgy of violence and sex. Basically the caricature of video games that people like Jack Thompson would try to tell you games are all about.

2 was an improvement on that.

3 was clear that it was losing its steam and the concept was already played out.

but were the PSP games and that major release prequel they did really all that great? I remember playing that on the PS3 and feeling like some part of the soul of the game was missing. Like it was BORING to play.

So?

We're dealing with the kinds of people who would cover up Michelangelo's David if they could.

Did Jaffe even work on the new GoW?

PSP versions are great, it's just that the environments look a little dull due to the PSP limitations. Excellent games even with some of the flaws they have.

Ascension on the other hand forgot what made a GOW game work. Locking normal combo moves behind a rage meter that depleats rapidly was one of the most stupid moves they made. Having QTE with bullet time is annoying but what's worse is having a tutorial camera pan every 5 minutes throughout the game that you can't even turn off.

A pantheon created by men to control womyn. Male pleasure fantasy. Male gaze. etc. Never question the power of hatred to find justifications for itself.

The bigger question is should God of War be applied in this way? Like, the formula is solid, you take old mythology and you make a game about a god killer..sure…

but should it always be Kratos?

I feel like there is a lack of foresight here. Perhaps the mythologies of the worlds all have their own gods for their own regions. You can have some Norse guy going through the Norse pantheon and his weapon can be a giant axe or something instead of the same twirly chain blades (because of Kratos).
An Egyptian guy can go through the egyptian mythos, his weapon can be some sort of spear or short-sword or whatever egyptians used.

So on and so forth. And maybe as a nice big grand finale game you can do a sort of thing like Legacy of Kain: Defiance, and have a game where you play as all of them as they all seek to destroy eachother (a sort of highlander situation where they're being played by the last remaining god(s) trying to control earth).

One minute's all Kratos needs, baby

The camera in God of War wasn't bad. God of War 3 looked like fine indeed.

Looking up instead of down should show size far more dramatically. From the stands is nothing near the eyes of play.

Should showcase withstanding attacks. Focusing on your your own self, and actions.

Pick large enemies perhaps, the opposite of a grinding game.

See things worth caring about on the way to ignore while focusing on the enemy. All that to it. What it's presence has allowed. Loss repeated like mockery in the lives of others. The affairs of a different species. Actors for their lack of stuggle. Imposters of existance at all.

They need to be more. Massive enemies in the distance to go to, see the next from the vantage point of the last.

See the infectious weakness of them as they imitate. Damning real problems claiming the glory in anhillating them.

Damned from what can be cared about.

A different game where you are what is sought to kill.

A people that want the lies they are great already. Nothing is great that isn't going to greatness.

My guess would be that they're still using Kratos because he's the closest thing Sony has to a mascot.

The original concept for God of War 3, if I'm remembering correctly, was that you would kill Zeus quite early on in the game and then proceed on to Egypt and Scandinavia to fight their pantheons while the ending would have had Kratos in the desert as a wanderer tells him that a god's been born nearby, clearly alluding to Jesus, and Kratos goes in the direction he tells him. Your idea kind of reminds me of that.

I'm personally kind of glad that they scrapped that and stuck to Greek mythology in 3. It sounded a bit rushed, considering the whole series up until that proposed idea had been solely about the Greeks and the only allusion to any other kind of religion in the series was that bit in 2 where you see the three wise men being guided by the star inscribed on a wall.

I don't mind 4 focusing on Norse mythology though since it's gonna be a whole game focused on it rather than switching up themes a third of the way through or whatever was proposed for 3 originally.

Break people from cages.
Show end has opposition.

Did Kratos always have a nigger voice?

Dad of war looks interesting. Hope the combat is pretty good.
Kratos better keep that fucking beard.

He sounded pretty different in this one and I'm not sure if it's the same guy, but yeah his voice actor's black.

also I'm 75% sure the end of the game will be Kratos being killed by his son.

Kratos was designed, in concept, to look like a completely mixed guy. Yes he always had a black guy doing the voice.
this was done waaaayyy before then.

I honestly don't like the beard. Makes him look soft. I guess maybe if they put him in some sort of complimentary norse clothing.

I was going more for being manipulated by what would be the abrahamic god(s) until the whole thing is found out and all of them are dead.
But yeah, that could work too.

Predictable and probably why that would happen. But how the fuck do you even kill Kratos? Dude just climbs out of hades each and every fucking time.

t. leaked script

hey, wasn't there a brother that Kratos had? I want to say you actually ended up having to fight him in God of War 2. I remember it was supposed to be a plot point in 1 that got scrapped.

hey, how wonderful would it be that at the end its revealed the gods were all just aliens?

Why not just finish the whole series with Kratos waking up next to his wife while you're at it?

Its like poetry
Kid is kidnapped by norse gods
Kratos goes full SCOWL
Shaves beard(maybe) grabs chain swords and fucks shit up
Kid is completely indoctrinated or brainwashed or some shit to get leverage over kratos or hes the chosen one or some shit
Kratos kills all the god because FUCK
Finds his son hypnotized tries not to fight him and is put on deaths door
hypno wares off, kratos lying on the floor completely fucked
Kratos grabs his sons hands that are wielding a knife or some shit
kills himself like the elk in the trailer because poetry

This shit writes itself m8

No he wasn't and this is well documented when watching the behind the scenes development. You even hear Jaffe say out quite loud that he imagined Kratos to be a mean, nasty, brutal, fuck you character.

also the beard makes him look soft because hes gone full dad mode

Ye, he's in the second PSP game. He gets hit by the god of death and you have to stob the giller :DDDD

I always wanted to play GoS, I heard it was pretty good. CoO wasn't bad but it was too short.

Nice dubs thread retard

People eager for others to give up. See their own victory in that.
To justify their own treasonous cowardice.

Maybe that to a sheild for hope.

Should be kept clean and all of it fantastical, mysterious. Unstoppable.

Truly, he was a God of War™ 4

I actually like that idea better, it kind of plays well into the 'gods are manipulative assholes' theme and I like the hopeless aspect to it too

It's about the same length as CoO but for me I'm perfectly fine with that. The only thing I find annoying is Thera's Bane. Because some enemies are impossible to attack unless you are using this power bar you end up doing the waiting game a lot. CoO had the best idea with the gauntlets being the weapon to smash armor faster but you have shorter range.

Might be different this time, There were multiple AREA FOUND prompts and xp prompts popping up. Might be open world.

Fuck me I completely missread the train of thought.
Time to go kill myself I guess.

this is probably the whitest kratos we have ever seen.
is it confirmed it's him? and not some norse equivalent that conveniently looks and acts just like him?

Haunted woods always seemed caring, right.

Fight to fix those who to eliminate hidden. Things always able to come forth by choice. A world to deserve strangeness. Character.

maybe its an AU where kratos fucked off with his wife and kids to the norselands.

I think it's the same Kratos. He's got burn marks on his arms where the chains used to be and a big scar on his stomach from the end of 3.

That sort of reminds me of the bar mechanic in Ascension where you got his normal moveset from the earlier games if you managed to deal a certain amount of damage without getting hit.

It was a nice idea to encourage players to play better, but I didn't really like it all the same. Your moveset just felt a bit limited without it, especially considering the only non-pickup weapons you had in that one where the blades of chaos with different elements.

That'd be interesting since an open world hack n slash has never been done before, but I hope it's not. There are only a few open world games I've bothered to go through twice. I get sick of them pretty easily and at the minute open world just seems like kind of a trend devs are doing in an attempt to add replay value, but it rarely works. God of War 3 is fairly linear but I've gone through it multiple times and found something new every time, like the drawings Zeus scrawled on the wall of Gaia's insides as a child when you reach her heart in the first level.

Yep, hadn't noticed those. pretty much confirmed.

It's annoying but no where near as annoying as Ascension's rage meter. The Arms of Sparta weapon is really cool though and it's worth a play just to fuck around with that weapon.

Uhm, yeah I saw the same shit. You may have wiped it from your mind but there is a little throw-away about how they wanted Kratos to look like he was from everywhere.
Since race wasn't such a big deal back then, they went in to the other concepts of the design.
As to why he was nearly naked and bald.
And that was because Jaffe thought it made him look more brutal. And I have to somewhat agree. Someone wearing armor is expecting to get hurt. Someone not wearing armor really isn't. Also it fits better with how the greeks portrayed their heroes anyway.

Well for me the whole thing would end on a note of hope. All the gods are dead, all the demi-gods (god killers) are also dead. The world is finally left to man and man alone.

Here's one thing I find kind of annoying about the games and what they imply by Kratos' actions and the story elements therein.
So at the end of 1 Kratos becomes the new god of war. There is a little narration and some cut-aways showing how he's basically sitting in his throne, for all eternity, watching over human wars. They show modern human wars (things that look like they're from WW2) and such which suggests that in that universe, the Greek Mythos was the true one. Ok, that's fine. Maybe the gods get forgotten or decide to fuck off away from humanity at some point, perhaps in part because of Kratos.

then in 2, he's stirpped of his godhood. That's fine, so you throw away that last little bit of the end of 1. Sure..why not.
But 2 and 3 are connected even more so and there are some things that don't seem to really get fully explored.
Like, when Kratos is killing gods, he's actually apparently dooming the world. He's somewhat safe from this on olympus where he's doing all his damage but the world of mortals is getting totally fucked. The implication being that Kratos killing the gods is actually destroying the whole fucking world. But that goes nowhere and apparently its only localized to greece then?

Also, there's some throwaway where dead gods apparently have souls? They become ghosts in hades? But…that really goes no where either.

If you're on about the concept character that kinda made it's way into GOW3 as a bonus costume then yeah, but it was at the end of the day concept art, just like the lone wolf and cub concept artwork they did.

Knowing there is something there helps there be something you see.

There is more glory in failure than in giving up. Should always try to have things be grandiose. If they are lacking it is your fault.

Sounds right but I remember giving up a flag race I had made a mistake in and so would not win. Going on would have dishonored me and my horse.

Fuck wanting to weave.

Won the barrel races of course.
All utterly worthless contests.

Having won is fake victory.

Winning is irrelevant. Exist as what you are, the best. If you are made to show that as a lie then damn it. If the world doesn't help that then it is no world of mine.

No sentimentality. No acceptance of any death. Still to be raised.

Won't be.
In the stream afterwards one of Santa Monica guys told Geoff that isn't Open Wold.
Kratos is the main charater trough the whole game.
Plays in norse mythology.
Coming out "soon", but not this year.

so is he gonna kill the norse gods now?
that's kind of neat
still annoyed that they changed the core gameplay though

I saw a fellow taken with the idea of a continuation in Norse mythology on the PSN forums.

Ha ha ha, universal. A killing spree of every known god, fuck all kneeling, the only one demanding the opposite. Stay on your feet or ha wheelchair, whatever the fuck.

Set a contest for an eternity you can't win, just for a challenge you will win.

Yeah that really pisses me off as well. Thing is what they have done now looks rubbish. It makes me think that the combat in the original GOW games was a fluke.

Who cares, I just wanted to shit on Jaffe.

I'm not entirely sure he even worked on any of them after 1.

Given the dev cycle for games, I mean, its really easy for people to just pop in and out of these "director" roles.

I haven't seen the footage. I'll enjoy immagining it for the moment. An ability gained from deprivation. (After exposure to wonder)

The ability to look around is near essential now. I'd prefer open world always.

Development can fill a landscape with matter and let the story make itself or come when a world is deserving.

I hope the axe won't be the main weapon for the whole game. It just looks too slow in addition to the combat looking like TLOU.

actually, what happened to his chain blades/sword of olympus?

Probably gave them up, he still has Spartan rage, can't wait for him to use Greek mythology terms and the Norse inhabitants saying "what?"

Now he really needs a good signature weapon, unless they made his fucking game a cinematic Naughty Dog bullshit.

Where were you when games got so shitty that kratos is a cuck raising his wifes son?

I didn't really see anything significant in terms of speed when he used spartan rage. I really think they will make Kratos into joel with a shaved head and an edgier attitude.

Probably got rid of them, the chain blades of olympus may have been a reminder of what he had to do to get them so he probably just wanted to forget the whole thing.

Like many games lately, I feel like this would have been better off as its own new franchise.

Also why would he be trying to kill the Norse gods? As I understood Sparta fucked him over, and then the rest of the Gods did the same out of fear but the Norse ones have no reason to care about him.

because kratos is an ebil nazi who is racist towards all gods, you cis scum

Don't talk to him or his wife's son ever again.

I must've forgot, he didn't even attack in spartan rage it was just a cinematic

Nothing much on the gameplay, seems real fucking slow so it can be muh realism and cinematic QTE bullshit again, and the Third-person camera, trying to cash in from TLOU and Uncharted much?

(Checked)

If it's a sequel (Kratos goes to another continent and somehow raises a kid I have not played GoW so I dunno if that's possible with how the last game ended), then I guess he does something to piss them off, they kill/kidnap his kid, so he rampages after them.

The style still feels very un-GoW, unless it changes when the kid is gone? (But surely that would have happened when he went berserk against the goat giant thing)

David Jaffe hasn't worked on GoW since the original you fucking retarded mongoloid.

With all the tail he easily gets you really find it hard to believe he couldn't find a chick to impregnate?

come on now….

Did anyone say he was trying to kill the gods? No. Now fuck off.

Its the problem with being scared to risk so much money on something new. Game developers have commented on this quite a bit. How they wanted to make something entirely new but the powers that be wouldn't let them. So they have to spin as much of that new stuff into an existing game franchise.

Why do you think RE has drifted so far away?

I could not comprehend people fucking up a GoW game but they did. This isn't GoW. This is a more violent Last of Us.

Are you sure it isn't LISA?

After like 4 meh-to shit god of war games I think anything would be better.

Wow, rude.

Well at least he has decent clothes, well maintained beard, and a cleanly shaven head.

As opposed to outdated fashion, a scraggly pre-pubesant pedo fuzz, and some god awful hairstlye to conceal a receding hairline.

Don't let the SJW bastards subvert what a real man looks like. Beards can be cool.

What numale is the size of a fucking truck?

My problem with the game is that the gameplay seemed nothing like previous GOW games, say whatever you want about those (being repetitive, press square to win, etc) but at least it threw a dozen of enemies on screen and you were fast and agile enough to take them out pretty fast.
In this one its all too slow, even swinging your axe is slow, even the spartan rage (if the game is set in Norse mythology why not call it ragnarok or Hel's wrath or something like that?) goes into a low mini scene.
In short, its basically TLoU with Kratos and that is not close to being an actual GOW game.

inb4 the Norse gods are black.

HOL UP

WE WUZ DEITIES N SHEEEIT

*SMACKS LIPS*

Daily reminder Stephen King is a cuck PC liberal who was "excited" that Idris Elba will star in Dark Tower.

As who?

SO U BE SAYIN

I feel this too. I don't want my character to do a badass thing because I pressed a QTE and got a cutscene. I want to BE the fucking badass because I dodged attacks and struck the opponent at the right time.

I know cuhrayzee tends to be the best example but in all of my time pic related was one of the best examples ever. Dodging, charging attacks, having a split second to dash past an enemy's attack in a very small arena and defeating foes far stronger than me because I was faster and more skilled made me FEEL like I was Zero, the legendary reploid.

Pic 2 related was the final boss of the first game. You had this tiny shit arena and attacks that are fucking wide-arced and hard to avoid. You had to wall jump against these tiny fucking platforms to reach him most of the time and dodge ground attacks but he had moves that would insta-kill you if connected then. The game didn't give you a "press X to finish him off!", the game just said "so you want to be the Legendary Reploid? Fucking prove it."

Then God of War comes along and it artificially makes you be a badass. Crowd of enemies? Don't worry just press the button a few times to make Kratos kill everything around him no effort needed. You are going up against a fucking god you have to climb on? Oh he has a sloooow ass attack that my grandma could dodge. Wanna finish him off? Here's a Simon Says game. Congrats, you are the fucking Spartan demigod by pressing buttons into a controller.

Fuck it I'm sperging but I don't care. Even the characterization is stupid. Every game is basically "Kratos or the gods do some stupid shit that could have been easily avoided by just thinking for five seconds". Like "hey Kratos you are the god of war now but still put all your power into this thing for us" and Kratos asks "wtf why?" and Zeus says "fucking do it" and Kratos does and SURPRISE HE IS BETRAYED WOW DIDN'T SEE THAT COMING.

Contrast that to Zero. Zero is a competent fighter, but he is not a leader and he follows Ciel's orders because she has the intel he needs. Despite that, he is still sensible and rightfully tells Elpizo in MMZ2 that Neo Arcadia is not a sitting duck and Elpizo fucking pays for being an arrogant prick and not listening. When he finds out Omega is his "real" self and he is just a clone he doesn't even bat an eyelid and fucking shits on him. When Weil tries to break Zero by talking Zero just flips him off by saying he doesn't care and he will fight for the people who depend on him - X and Ciel and the entire Resistance. Zero sees madness around him and understands that he can't do it all alone and Ciel is the one who will save the Reploids while he is a fighter and he does all in his power to help her.

Fuck it this went on too long, but point is if the trailer shown means we are still doing fucking QTE cinematics then I have no reason to go back to it. They are just doing the easy route of "PRESS BUTTONS TO DO SIMON SAYS TO FEEL AWESOME!" as well as showing Kratos is an incompetent moron seriously he is taking that kid out to hunt a deer in a land full of monsters and the kid is just running off on his own and shouting HEY THIS WAY like wtf stay quiet follow tracks and stay silent Kratos is a shit teacher then I am not touching this.

This.
I have no problem with the story progressing into Norse mythology, as it was originally intended to do so, and I can deal with and aged Kratos showing a more sincere and calm side while having a kid sidekick tagging along with him.
However it was the gameplay that got me into the series in the first place, and while I think the third person camera could be improvement the rest doesn't look at all as fluid and as responsive. There wasn't even that much going on in terms of gameplay in what they showed, and thus felt too much like TLOU for me.

1: Kid dies or gets kidnapped, Kratos goes on rampage of revenge
2: Kratos dies and the kid, now an adult, goes on a rampage of revenge

Step right up and place your bets Holla Forums!

I WAITED SO LONG FOR THIS AND NOW THIS HAPPENS

I want to get off the ride.

This is horseshit.

Look, Kratos' story is over. he did his greek bullshit and he isn't needed anymore.

I don't give a shit if they do the same stupid fucking story but have a new random hero.

Hell, with Norse, you could just have Thor being forced to be mortal and he goes on some rip roaring rage and fucks shit up because reasons.

We don't need kratos anymore.

I SERIOUSLY thought that with the whole "We are killing all the Gods and Shit" In DoW3, that if you kept playing the mini game Kratos was literally going to fuck Aphrodite to death.

Was kinda disappointed when that didn't happen

It's like you guys forget Nintendo exists.

Why there is no games set in nigger mythology? Oh right, they dont have one.

WE

There is watchdogs 2 though.

Jaffe flip flopped on that picture pretty quick after so many people got mad at him about it
Though his main apology is that he claims he honestly wasn't expecting it, that he had no idea there was any conflict about "sexism" online, which I took to mean he had no idea there was so much push back against SJWthink

Jaffe has nothing to do with the new God of War i've heard. This new God of War is a perfect transition to norse mythology, Kratos has a nice beard that makes it all nfit together nicely, he can keep growing his beard and maybe eventually his hair so he can transition yet again seemlessly into Hindu mythology next, after this new trilogy is over with.

That's because most people play the games on either easy or normal mode. Try hardest difficulty and you will be blocking more, using launchers and magic tactically.

The series isn't called 'Kratos's rip roaring adventure", it's called God of War.

This implies that there is a God of War somewhere, and look at that, many religions have war gods.

So Kratos was the player avatar of Greek mythos, so we want to switch to Norse. Kratos "died" in the end of 3, the last game of the series, so why not leave it there? Have Kratos' son pick up where he left off and become a new "rip roaring" character. Hell, have him get the same body tatoo.

Jaff has been off the team since around God of War 2, and honestly, the series did better with him off of it, barring the first game.

But Hindu, you say?

OP faggot here. Honestly I think it has potential and looks kind of fun. I just wanted to shittalk David Jaffe.

I don't even have a PS4 though, so whatever.

Agreed, when you play the games on higher difficulties, suddenly you actually need to use strategy. I'll never say the GoW games were stellar in the aspect of "deep" combat, but you quickly learn some tricks of the trade that go a long way, such as launching and throwing or finding out what foes to prioritize in a group or how to abuse the AI of certain foes.

yes, it becomes more fun if you make it more difficult.

They're still not going to give up such an iconic character. I always get the feeling games where the main character dies are done just so the CEO's wont try to get them to rush out another title with a story that clearly ended.

Damn that looks cool

It's a provocative thread title, i'll give ya that.

I can't buy the game if he isn't voicing Kratos.

Athena took the blades of exile back at the end of III.

The initial pitch was to have Kratos wreack havoic in norse and then eagyptian mythology and become something like the Harbringer of Death and just fuck shit upo everywhere he goes.
Maybe they're somehow still following that idea.

archive.is/5Maty

shitty series with a shitty main character that only appeals to retarded lower class trash americans

I like the story's direction so far, it seems pretty logical considering his drastic changes in attitude between games due to each game having different directors.
Kratos realizes he can't die and after fucking up the Greek pantheon and the entire world along with it in a guilt-tripped revenge for having murdered his own family, it finally clicks on him that being a violent piece of shit got him into that mess to begin with. So he starts over centuries later.
I just hope they don't fuck up the gameplay. GOW was always sorta like the polar opposite to DMC; while DMC focused on fast and stylish combat where simply blocking was enough defense most of the time, GOW focused on a simple slow combat where just blocking, not moving enough or spamming attacks would get you killed from start to finish in higher difficulties.

Marlow Briggs, kind of?

devil may cry doesnt have blocking

As much as Jaffe is a faggot now. Jaffe was never part of GoW2. He left after GoW1. It's why there are contradicting information post GoW1.

Still pissed at God of War 2 diector saying

Guy like that can go and hang himself.

This kratos actually looks pretty cool

But this franchise always had pretty shitty gameplay, it can only get worse

Same reason there aren't games set in Jewish mythology, African mythology doesn't make for interesting gameplay or stories. It's basically all animals and people doing completely nonsensical and retarded shit as morality stories.

Imagining a game where the implied ending is a man skewering baby Jesus is so edgy it's hilarious.

Its Dark Souls gameplay you idiots

Just a reminder that God of War was always a ripoff of a better game.

Yeah, Spartan was underrated.

Jaffe is making a free to play class based third person shooter that has already failed before release.

what the fuck was that?!
that wasn't god of war at all!
god fucking dammit

Generally speaking, this would have been the better idea to go with. Otherwise, this shit is far more cringeworthy than anything Japan can come up with.

If it's a sequel

Maybe it is:

Maybe it is not:

Some people are saying it's the same Kratos, at the same time it isn't a prequel or a sequel, but a reboot, doesn't make any fucking sense though, but they're following David Jaffe and Cory Balrog's original vision of GoW with Kratos fucking killing every pantheon in existance.

Ive always hated God of War, but i liked the behind the scenes feature of 1 for some reason.

Kratos design, some cut features that made it to GoW II, storylines that made its way to GoS, and general campy comic-bookness of how they presented it, pretty much Jaffe's.

Asura's Wrath already exists.

what do think kratos kept the shota around for?

It doesn't? Man I played them so damn long ago the memories are getting fuzzy. I do remember some sort of counter/block mechanic, how wrong am I?

3 and 4 have the royal guard style, but defense was mostly focused around dodging.

post the rest

Please explain that in detail.

Because he's Papa Bear to every kid he meets?

My penis demands more.

How can "progressives" be so regressive? Video games as a medium have been maturing for the last decade, to the point that it was even possible for a game like God of War 2 (2007) to have nudity in it, and games like Mass Effect and The Witcher be considered to be acceptable, and then suddenly in a 4 year gap since Sarkeesian started her genocide crusade against video games, suddenly she's managed to set back video game progress by 20 years and make everything "problematic" again, where publishers are worried that their games might get labeled AO for even the slightest display of a nipple, a game that doesn't even have nudity in it like Hatred gets an AO rating because of the regressives…

How the fuck is it that a handful of women did more damage in 4 years to video games than Jack Thompson, Shillary Clinton and the religious right managed to do in 30 years?

Mmm Mmm

The ESRB is a steaming crock of shit in the first place, but I think that the misanthropic ultraviolence of Hatred is a good contender for AO as opposed to some random game where a titty flops out.

People don't care about being called Murderers or Psychopaths, cause they know they can prove it's not true. There are no bodies under the floorboards, no bloody back seats or boats, no unexplained trips to the lake or to a meat grinder.

Can't really fight the idea against racism or hatred towards women. There are no hard evidence, just the idea. It sticks on you like a second skin, and it hangs around like skunk spray.

God of War will become the Saint Seiya of Videogames…
Killing Gods, demigods and more from other cultures. They even killed Satan…

reminds me of this
youtube.com/watch?v=85q6BOnwIAQ

AO is considered by most publishers to be a death sentence decree. If your game gets an AO rating you can't get it into brick and mortrar stores, you can't sell it on most services, getting it onto consoles is a lot more difficult, most people won't buy it, and parents see the word "Adult" on it and consider it akin to picking up a Ron Jeremy DVD case.

I don't get it. Why's his kid so white? Isn't kratos black and his pale color the result of the ashes of his dead wife and kid fused to his flesh after he was tricked into murdering them?

wut?

Kratos is a Spartan, you fuck. He's not a nigger.

It's the current year, everyone is a nigger.

im watching this fresh.
weird start but ok…
WHAT
NO
WHY
i jog faster than this…
its clearly TLOU combat without the only redeemable thing about TLOU, the shooting.
i wonder if it would correct you if you went somewhere else…
TLOU melee
whats this like invincible mode?
enemy defeated

Fuck this is HORRIBLE.

Why does he look like one then?

Sure it will. Get the inputs right to prep the bull and teach your son a important lesson in progressive thinking.

Meant for you. Why's he look like one then

Looks more like playing Skyrim in third person to me including all of the clunky aspects. Amazing they could fuck it up this hard. Funny how RE7 changed for the worst as well. Seems like this year was all about taking games and making them something they aren't.

All their games look like Naughty Dog style games. Muh narrative bullshit that tests well with reviewers. Most reviewers can only spend, at most, 10 hour on a game. So now all devs are focusing on these "narrative" experiences. Days Gone, God of War, Last of Us, Uncharted, it all looks way too samey.

This is what's hitting VR hard right now. These reviewers can only spend a small amount of time on a game, so the VR "games" (basically tech demos) don't bore them. Plus since they're in the industry they think everyone has VR now since all there friends do. In reality VR has a total of MAYBE 100k units sold and everyone hates the "games".

Is that a black German WW1 soldier?

It's really amazing how completely out of touch developers are.

It's mainly dodging but yeah there was a counter system. I think it was the Golden Fleece.

He turned it into RYSE

He has the burn marks from his chains on his forearms.

Yup. Welcome to the new age. Everyone was/is/will be a nigger.

Now looking back at the image of Lumberjack Kratos, he kinda looks like Arnold Vosloo.

Too blatant, at 1:40 of the gameplay video, you get "Knowledge Gained: Tracking +25" reminds me of TLOU with a combination of all of those open-world surivival games.

Even the Nazis?

No exceptions.

Even KKK?

NO. EXCEPTIONS.

Lol Rygar sucked.

THAS RITE!

ftfy

"Be calm"

t. Kratos

Forgot the video.

U-uncle Ruckus…?

cool
cool
mite b cool
not cool
not cool, best case scenario it's just for the demo

very little hope, god of war games were casual for the genre but enjoyable and pretty blunt, kill things, solve puzzles, kill more things

i don't wanna follow a faggy kid around and listen to dialogue i wanna have a traditional game fight and end it with a gratuitously violent QTE because i really don't mind if the last hits are delivered that way

there was some entertaining shit in this series

The game looks dull, clunky and boring, and honestly i am getting sick and tired of this over the shoulder camera, after RE4 came out every fucking game is using it, making all the games look the same.
I can't wait for the classic faggots to start with the usual:
Or:

Can't blame him for that.

What? I don't think David Jaffe has worked on GoW since, what, GoW 2?

God of War was a great series but it did get itself played out. Like I said before, by the time 3 came around they were clearly trying to close the series. Destroying the gods was supposed to also destroy the world.

What they should have done? Given you a new protagonist for the norse mythology. Or maybe go with the egyptian mythos and give you a new person there.

If only because I'm pretty sure the Norse mythology is newer than the greek and the egyptian would exist within the same timeframe (although i'm not a history major so I don't completely know).

Unless they're working towards some thing where Kratos causes the Norse mythos.

God of War never seemed like a popular series on Holla Forums.
Its not Nintendo.
Its popular with dude-bros/normalfags (or at least it used to be).

I thought people gave up on Nintendo.
Zelda does look good, not gonna lie.

I loved God of War 1 and 2. I didn't get PS3 so I fell out of it.

I wish I had money for a console.

i don't think anyone would have complained about not-kratos (hell it still could be?)

the angry bastard spent 3 games trying to ultimately finally fucking die and they just don't let him

also new kratos is 100% not numake

i have a lot of concerns about this game, but i think kratos turned out well

He is so big. He takes like 40% of the screen. I don't like this.

We wuz line dispatchers n shieeeeeeet, just like Hitler.
Watermelons and iron, for the Kaiser!

Oh no.

the old gow games although riddled with QTES, had a clear cut between the game and the QTE, most of the QTES were activated by beating a large enemy to near death, in which you could do the QTE to finish them off (or not, which yielded more xp in some games if i remember). the QTEs were generally also used for the end of a boss fight, the rest of the fight you would fight them traditionally

this new footage reeks of nucharted and TLOU where it tricks you into pressing lots of buttons that don't actually affect the animations

also in old gow spartan rage was just a temporary power boost, not an instant kill cinematic

All homosexuals are pedophiles.

Nothing is safe from getting blacked.

Well, like others have mentioned before in this thread. Kratos is iconic, at least in some degree, so they'll use him every chance they get.

RedLetterMedia had something to say about this in a few of their reviews (I think it was indiana jones 4 and the first Abrams startrek) about how people always come back to familiar things. There's so much competition for attention from new things that its easier to just have a name brand people already know and remember.
And to that point, they don't even need to have experienced it for themselves because it could be part of the larger popular culture. You don't need to have ever been a God of War fan or played a God of War game, if you're a gaming hobbyist, to have at least some passing familiarity with what the games were like.

I mean think of this, when you look at that trailer, if they were to call the game anything else, if that character were named anything else. Maybe call it "The Longest Winter" (pertaining to norse end of the world mythos) and the guy's name was like Trogdor or some shit, that game would barely get any fucking attention.

But I do wonder about why that would be and I have to conclude that after over a decade of muted colors and REALISM and shit, people are probably just sick of it. Sick of the 5 tone color pallets.
I mean, Blizzard pushed a completely new IP in a completely new video game genre than they're used to making. It has no ties to any of their other work, and its still did marvelously. Part of me thinks is because visually its bright, colorful, and has an actual art style.
I don't think you can claim a "style" when you're making things as realistic as possible.

Oh no.

If dark souls bosses could actually handle mutiple players, this is what it would look like.

i want reddit to leave

Overshit is doing well, because it has the Blizzard name on it.
That thing that stood for quality and managed to build a cult following around it, so big that any critisism is met with an army of retards that will defend it unto death, even if they've never touched a blizz game before.
Why?
Because they hivemind dictates that blizzard shits gold and there you're not allowed to not like it.

People were jizzing over the trailer because shitty garbage like The Last Of Us is what the basic NERD CULTURE faggots love. It looks so bad.

Overwatch is actually fun, though. Have you played it?

Do they really though? Like, I never hear of anybody bring that game up. Its one of those games that people may have enjoyed, but they have to be reminded that it existed.

Which means it was basically a solid 3 out of 5 over all. And having played it when it first came out, I can say I pretty much agree there. A solid 3 out of 5. Which is just fine, not every game has to be a 5 out of 5 masterpiece that you play or enjoy. But did it really have that sort of lasting power?

Are you just saying its like TLOU because of beareded Kratos with a kid? Beards are pretty much the Norse thing so it makes sense to have if he was assimilating into that culture. Also they're kind of "in style" anyway. Fine for me because it means I can be lazy and not shave for several weeks and still be ok in the office. But beyond that, what is really TLOU about this?

I'm just finding it hard to believe that a flavor of the month game, from several years ago, that nobody talks about, would be some sort of design inspiration.
Considering the "Knowledge gained" it feels like its heading more into the skyrim side of things. Putting more RPG elements into the mix. Not sure how I feel about that, the 3 basic orbs and just buying new stuff with red orbs seemed fine enough. Maybe they were afraid of comparisons to Devil May Cry?

Yeah its fun but are you sure it isn't design fatigue? I mean, honestly, how much do you personally perk up when you see a big mainstream game suddenly have more colors than brown, grey, and black?
I mean, take a look at this latest God of War and its really only the name that makes it stand out. Kratos could be any other bearded bald built like a truck dude. Game's name could be totally different. You wouldn't even notice.

Also, its kind of an odd thing and I have to imagine the beard might be shaved off at some point in the game. Unless its meant to help show his age? Perhaps there's a transition there? Because i'm thinking of it in a design and marketing. Kratos has an iconic look but the rest of the game really doesn't. They changed the look. You show the beareded Kratos to get people talking, but there has to be two outcomes here.
Either Kratos goes back to his iconic look as he gets back into the swing of dealing out tons of murder…
Or its meant to show some sort of aging. You establish the beard and then later on he might have it longer and it might be grey/white. Making him look more like a Norse/Viking hero of legend.

Which might be cool. There's not enough "Old Hero" stories in video games. The most prominent we have is pretty much the bulk of the MGS series, but that's about it.

Honestly, I think that's because the people who "love" it have nothing to say about it, or about why they love it. When pressed you get very basic answers like "The charcters were so real" or "the gameplay was very good"
Obviously there are a few who truly love it and will go into great detail about why they love it but the vast majority love it because they were told to love it. So they have no real thoughts or opinions on the game

Just watched the trailer. The only God of War I've played was the GoW3 demo, and that was a while back. I can see they've entirely ruined the series if what was seen in the trailer is going to be consistent throughout the entire game. I'm sure fans wouldn't want TLoU: Kratos Edition.

I'm interested.

Scandinavians were actually cool before they got cucked by Christfags and converted.
I recall they found some graves with Viking women in armour and swords.

Ofcourse it all went downhill as soon as they found out that actually RUNNING a city is more profitable than looting one. And then they made more money with trade and shit.

Absolutely critical viewing for everyone: newgrounds.com/portal/view/495903

I liked tLoU.

It was a better movie than most Hollywood shit that comes out. I only play a game once so IDGAF about linearity. It was a good experience.

I liked the fact Joel wasn't Mad Max. He wasn't a good guy.

It was a bad game, sure. But so was Xenogears. Sometimes you play something solely for the story.

I know a bunch of people who didn't shut up about TLOU for a long time. The comparisons are all over… the over the shoulder view, the little kid companion with the bearded guy, hell there was even a very similar hunting scene (WITH A BOW) in TLOU where you're running threw snowy woods (obviously just without the demons and shit). I don't know if it could have been more like it tbh.

this E3 has been weird as fuck if you think about it

What the fuck is happening here?

I don't think I can agree with that. I think people have more thinking power than that about what they like and don't like. Like they're not just mindless drones. They may fall for advertisement and hype but as you saw with the forcefully marketed "Evolve" people don't get blinded by marketing for long.
You know, you don't really need detailed reasons to like something, it doesn't have to pass some objective critical test. I think its more like I said, its an average game. Doesn't offer anything that can change the world. And I would agree, the characters did feel a bit more real than the usual stereotypes you tend to get.

Like I've been saying, its pretty much an average game. I knew exactly what they were doing with the gameplay as soon as Ellie ran her head up a clicker's ass and the clicker didn't respond. So it was clear that the gameplay may have been sacrificed for story because I think they figured the story might be more marketable/memorable. Which they're right, its not a bad story of a dude in the post apocalyptic world.

when TOLU fist came out, yeah…but how long did all of that hype last. To me, it seemed like it just came and went. People got reminded when there were attempts to shove it down throats (a little too early, BTW) and jump sharks (teeny-bopper interacial lesbians. For the free porn marketing) but after that? Nope. Also I think it was a desperate attempt to give the PS4 something in its early library.
Also, what the fuck else would Kratos and the kid hunt with?
Also, a man teaching a young boy to hunt is one of those classical teacher-student sort of things. Its kind of a trope for a father or grandfather to take their kid or grand kid hunting. Its also the classic "right of passage" too.

I remember reading somewhere that the Norse mythology may have not really belonged to the Norse. That it was mostly cobbled together and made up by some christian monk scholar that was "studying" the people.
Also, they didn't necessarily have any allegiance to any gods. The switch over to christianity happened on a battlefield. Whichever god helped them win their battles that's the one they worshiped.

Shit, the same thing happened to turn that roman emperor into a Christian.

Fuck, maybe ol YHWH is the true god of war.

All I know is Kratos is a goony beard man now.

underage plz go

I figured it out

The reason they are "rebooting" franchise names is because their aundience can only count to potato and they dont want to get them confused

Do you think everyone is making TLOU comparisons for no reason? I was watching the conference alone and wasn't checking anything online and it instantly screamed TLOU to me in every way imaginable. Aesthetically, the way the narrative is driven, the dialogue… all of it.

Read my post next time. They STARTED as raiders. Then they began to settle lands. After a few centuries they were running kingdoms all over Europe.

Most likely it's because everyone has realized there are no new IP's for the most part and everything is just a sequal. Feels stupid just tagging another number on the game so to trick people they're just "rebooting" the franchises and not attaching the number to it. Simple trick that will probably work.

I'll be honest user, I regretted my post after thinking about it a bit more. I was just talking out my ass there.

I'm not sure why people loved TLoU so much, though I do think marketing and hype had something to do with it.
I'm thinking it had a decent story that normalfags could latch on to, above average characters and okay "just hard enough but not too hard" gameplay to make the more casual players feel hardcore. All of that combined with marketing and hype put it in a high place in normalfags minds.

I think it was an okay game that was hyped and shilled to the point that it had a good enough first impression to cement it highly in people's minds

Maybe it had something to do with what the climate was at the time it came out.
I remember it being pushed as a sort of stealth game. And you did have a decent tool set since you could pick up bricks and bottles and use them on enemies to hit or distract which gave a bit of realism and flow to it although it was obviously nothing like its E3 showing.

I don't know, were there many games geared towards stealth, or claiming to be geared towards stealth at the time? Like, were we sitting in a deadzone of the genre?
Also, it was new.

That's something I think devs/publishers really underestimate. You can have a pretty average game and it can do pretty well because people are craving new things, at least I think they are.

I can agree with that, it was new to a lot of people and if done at least alright it would be very popular since everyone craves novelty

GOD OF WAR? MORE LIKE DAD OF BORE

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I fear death.

>its fucking CoD and it looks pretty good

It is the same Kratos, same tattoos, when he activated Spartan Rage his ashes on his skin moves, same scar across his stomach, and unless Valhalla took some Spartans, he shouldn't have a move called like that.

Now we can kill all asshole Pantheons in the next 50-60 years worth of sequels!

Fuck it all.

Choke on it faggot

death is pretty sweet considering the alternative

kill yourself cuck

This

I actually like where the story is heading and I'm interested in how it plays out, but holyshit WTF have they done to the gameplay?! It's such a drastic change from the previous series, it doesn't even feel like GOW anymore.

Before I completely shit on the game though, I'm going to wait for more game play details to come out. There at least has to be some sort of combo mechanic or more moves in place because there's no way in hell I'm going to play TLOU Norse Edition.

How can you even make so many bad decisions at once.

I heard that Gamespot's stream had a real-time 'interest bar' thing to the side which went up or down as people voted on whether or not they were interested in what was currently being shown. Apparently it was at something like 96% interested throughout the entire CoD demonstration before the CoD logo actually came up, after which it plummeted.

I don't understand why people are so eager to rag on Activision yet practically lining up to suck EA's corporate cock because of Battlefield 1 at the same time, especially after how underwhelming DICE have been for the past few years.

Are you stupid, he remarried after God of War 3 obviously and had a new son. This takes place long after GoW3.

As Roland…

Wait, is that negro in the German army?

I was just listening to some of the bitch to each other just this morning. Not kids, but actual grown fucking men, whine about muh Nazis, muh secular humanistic progressivism, people shouldn't have fun unless it's at a fucking stage play like "The Producers" since that's haute couture.

But one of the two was going on about "do no harm" and how everything is harmful and must be warded against. These aren't even pure SocJus but the old school fuckers that voted for McGovern.

I sort of broke their hugbox up with a conversation I had with someone else, they got pissy and wandered off, but this is the shit we are up against; huge fucking pussies who get upset over fucking everything. It's people like that AND their kids (SJWs) who are so far up their own ass who have caused all this trouble. A lot of the fun-loving people have left the industry or burned out, and these idiots are the replacements, top down and bottom up. No experience except they know the right people (sometimes they know them VERY well).

Funny part of the conversation was, before I butted in, one of them went off on a rant where he said he basically just hated traditional European civilization (the culture, the people, the religion is what he said to be specific) and apparently wants it all replaced with something 100% highbrow and sensitive. Sounded like a fucking caricature.

BASED CHINKS

I wasn't the one who was talking over everyone in the first place, but sure I guess it's terrible I made some retards feel bad by having a conversation with someone else.

Well at least the music is alright.

I agree everything from DICE has been pretty shitty the past few years but I'm ready to hop on the wagon for BF1 even after all that shit because I want to support a setting that isn't FUTURISTIC JETPACK SHOOTAN AN SLIDAN

Why the fuck did they turn God of War into a cinematic game? I hope the game inst that slow or cut scene heavy.

divorced parents, mia dad, or a big fucking faggot whose dad has told him as much

what are the chances of the God of War remasters outselling this?

He is.

I'll never stop being amused by how progressive twats of all notable varieties have zero comprehension of manhood and self-improvement through strife, being that they've never experienced either in their entire lives, outside seeing others experiencing both and viewing it as an alien being from a world of hippy-dippy morons would. They're all either weak little baby-men who've never had to fight for a single thing in their lives and envy masculinity, or women who are so detached from men as a concept that men are incomprehensible foreign lifeforms to them who're better off purged entirely.

If civilization collapses within my lifetime, or we just get a really big war that's on all fronts, first thing I'm doing is pulling out a lawn chair and a beer so I can watch these frail fucks get slaughtered in the streets by criminals, desperate survivors and possibly even invading combat forces who know the benefits of violence and aren't afraid to use it.

You guys are aware the German Army had used troops from their Colonies right?

[citation needed]

No seriously, couldn't find anything.
After short research only the frenchies used niggers on the west front, not even the english did.

Communists have such a bizarre perception of traditional masculine strength.

> en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Afro-Germans
Well the best I could find was black being used in the Wehrmacht in the Free Arabian legion, but that's WW2 not WW1
I guess the game is inaccurate

Maybe in exchange the next Last of Us will turn into God of War.
Could you imagine. Pregnant, bi-curious, loli rage. I'd play the shit out of that game.

Who else but Mcintosh!?

That's the beauty of nature user. The weak die off while the strong survive.

WE WUZ NAZIS N SHIET