DUDE ATHEISM LMAO

DUDE ATHEISM LMAO

why is there not a thread about this game, it's fukken good.

No it isn't. Hence no thread.

fuck you

You didnt see this GEM?!

what's this supposed to be?

At least when Todd lies he gets called out on it.

It's an okay title, mostly because I did not follow their kickstarter so I am not aware how many promises failed to deliver. It plays like Icewind Dale with more plot and weird system based on D&D while not being D&D - messy.
Also, holy shit, ppl are still on about this fucking poem or whatever removed from game? Even faggots from rpg codex focused their criticism on fight system/plot and more meaningful aspects.

The rule system is shit.

Mages somehow need to be strong.
Barbarians somehow need to be smart.
Buffing is a fucking chore.
Enemies ignoring the engagement system.

Everything about it is bad.

SHILL THREAD!

The only good things about this game where the chick you mind rape and the priest. Everything else ranged from fucking awful to painfully average.

Its the new Isometric RPG by obisidan that looks way better by simply being more generic.

Plus I like being Lawful evil, and the game is about being a bad guy.

Top kek.

How is this game exactly librul focused?

this was something I was disappointed about, I played a death godlike hoping to be ostracized and I was met with the same hospitality as a fucking aristocratic mage.

its a piece of shit, its the worst game to come out in the last decade bar none.

It had great potential, people were expecting a Baldur's Gate 2 v2.0 but the rule system was ruined by Josh Sawyer who hates DnD because he's a faggot obsessed with balance.

Of all the legit things you could criticize, you bitch about the gorgeous prerendered graphics which look far better than majority of 3D shit apart from stuff like Bloodborne? You have an awful, irredeemably bad taste, you're an utter pleb who should fuck off back to IGN forums.

I liked that it forced you to think tactically and not just hope power leveling your dudes and giving them the biggest swords was going to help you win.
I loved the idea of making a musket line and luring monsters into it. What other RPG forces you to make that kind of tactics?
I liked the way the system handled armor and attack speed, forcing you to find a balance for each character between how tanky and fast they are.
I loved that you could even make your entire party from scratch.
In fact, most of the problems with the game where related to its story and I liked the big plot twist with the gods being constructed. Its a fantasy game, not real religions being discussed after all. Would have been nice to see more NPC's to hate you when you play a race or class that its loathed, but this is no different from Skyrim, Morrowind or any other RPG that lets players play as a race that is hated by everyone else.
So while I found the story booring sluggish and the game's ending abruptly came out of nowhere as I thought act 2 was finally kicking in, the mechanics and worldbuilding itself wasn't awful. Plenty of awful JPRG's that get away with far worse of both, so I don't see the big issue there.

Sawyer once again contributing to the decline.

Party building is probably the worst part of the game though.

That's functional illiteracy for ya.

It's okay. I think the actual RPG mechanics are the biggest problem though, spells are very lackluster, feats are even more forgettable. I always found it a chore to level up instead of a reward. The story was also fucking stupid besides some characters and plotlines.

why did I stop when I went in the abandoned cathedral, 2 hours in.

because you suck

The Endurance/Health dichotomy is idiotic, and capping Endurance based on health without providing a way to restore health just ends up making sure you rest as often as possible (the exact situation setting the Endurance system up was meant to avoid).

It's been a while since I played, but weren't you only able to cast buffs while in combat? That's also idiotic design. It's also thematically nonsensical.

What the fuck is the point of including an equipment upgrading system when the game only provides enough resources for one, POSSIBLY two pieces to be fully upgraded?

The reputation system was poorly implemented. Why am I allowed to be widely known as two entirely anachronistic personalities?

Stat balance is fucked. There's a reason most systems have separate stats for physical power versus magical or spiritual power. Basically, every character just needs to increase Might and health. As a consequence, CLASS balance is also fucked. You can't beat an entire party of Cyphers.

Most characters range from entirely unlikable (bird bitch and hobbit) to completely pointlessly underwhelming (farmer boy and cypher bitch). Durance was the only really entertaining character, with the elf falling somewhere just north of tolerable.

The homestead was pointless. Stats being given on rest just meant that most of the buildings there were outclassed by inns in other cities. The dungeon underneath was fine for the most part, but the Adra Dragon falls into that TRPG trope of just having ridiculously high stats over making a mechanically interesting fight.

I didn't care for it.

Only Obsidian game I never finished. RPGs never live by gameplay, the gameplay in an rpg is at best unoffensive. RPGs live and die by their story and holy fuck did this one fucking DIE.

One good companion. 2 'okay' companions. The rest made me want to vomit. The story was the horrible kind of generic, it was like NWN2 vanilla all over again and this time they can't blame the publisher.

I'd criticize the specific aspects of the story, but y'know, I'll be damned if I can remember much about it? Something about you walking in on a ritual, and suddenly ghosts, why can you see ghosts? Wait, why is seeing ghosts important? Well everyone's making a big deal about seeing ghosts, therefore I must be ghost Jesus.

Not sure about that last part. I got sick of the game after the big city. But the story barely came into it at all. Most of the time it was like I was the Ghost Whisperer, and the disparate missions were episodes. Which is okay… as one sidequest, not the whole fucking game.

POE just suffered from a major case of ourbestwriterisonlydoingonecharacter disease. And ohshitwe'resupposedtoputaplotwiththesequests syndrome. It's like Skyrim in the latter case, without the mods.

The attributes are bad and counter intuitive, but the rest of the system is great, fuck you.

Shitty, boring ass game. Sawyer is a fucking retard and cannot make games to save his life. This game is basically icewind dale with all the good shit taken out and replaced with boring dungeons, stupid quests, bad classes and boring encounters.

Biggest buyer's remorse I've ever had since Brink. Not giving Obsidian, including that hack Avellone, a single euro again.

One might also say: Bloated.

The worst thing is, being able to see ghosts and shit never even really had that much of an impact on the story. Literally all it did was give you a reason to try to find the bad guy.

What was the MAIN story thread? Bad guy is stealing souls so he can empower his goddess to get her revenge on all the other deities and probably fuck up the world. How does you being able to see souls factor into this? NOT AT ALL. All you need to do is kill him and blow up the machine. You could literally have done the exact same thing WITHOUT being able to see ghosts and being given any other MUNDANE reason to be interested in the bad guy (or maybe even just being told that he's a bad guy who maybe wants to empower a goddess of vengeance to fuck up the world?). Being able to see ghosts and souls does jackshit all for you besides allow you to talk to one person from the past of import (and all she does is tell you that the gods are actually manmade. Big fucking deal, the game doesn't allow you to do anything with that information anyway).

Plus, according to literally EVERY person in the game, being able to see souls like that is supposed to drive you insane. Like, EXTREMELY quickly, if accounts by other people are to be believed. And how affected is the main character? Again, not a single fucking whit. If this shit's supposed to make you go crazy, as explicitly stated in the story you crafted, then it's kind of your fucking responsibility to shoot that fucking gun, Chekov!

Kill yourself.
No wonder an ape who likes rtwp speaks like a tard.

Hahahah, holy shit.

Your taste is fucking bad.

PoE gameplay is shit too.

RPGs live and die by their RPG systems (ie stats and the depth&complexity of character/party development) you dullard. You're the cancer that killed the genre. Go play the original Fallouts (and Arcanum, since you're a storyfag), Wizardry 7&8, Temple of Elemental Evil, Jagged Alliance 2 and Divinity: Original Sin and repent your retardation or stick to adventure games.

Of course it is, it's rtwp combat, it never had any chance.

Morrowind was fun, but the story? Fuck me, it was boring and mostly irrelevant. The interesting part of the game wasn't that dude form red mountain talking to you in your dreams of figuring out what the tribunal originally did to become gods. The great part was the experiencing the local culture and world building.
In PoE, yes, the ghost seeing thing could mostly have been cut and the game would have been he same. The "main character is slowly being driven insane by a superpower they have" angle is hard to do well in a game like this. But I liked the local history and conflict in the game, that both the farmer and the priest where tied to. The druid wasn't as awful as that fucking harpy from NWN 2 STOP CONSTANTLY NAGGING ME ALREADY.
And again, if you don't like the NPC's just make a complete party of your own instead.

The way souls where tied into the magic and the ancient machines, and this stuff actually being important was nice. I'd love to see more fantasy where the implications of the way that kind of stuff works is explored more.
Much of the trouble with the game could have been fixed if they had made it longer. Just continue the game from where it ended and explore the ramifications of what you chose at the end. Will the gods start fighting eachother for all the power? How will the truth about the gods affect the politics of the area and its people? There's a lot of potential here.

baldur's gate wasn't good it's just your nostalgia, you didn't actually enjoy it.
t. sawyer

That's true.
Also nice digits.

Please don't reply to my posts.

Rude but ok.

fuck off diablow retard

the plot was actually one of the few good things about it. if didn't have add you could actually read the text in-game.

The first that comes to your empty skull after reading "rpg systems" is diablo?
Delete your account.

No, you fuck off newfag console peasant. If you associate stats with Diablo (where a single increase to your attributes is almost meaningless because you're constantly handed +79 str +55 stam weapons), then you're part of the cancer that killed RPGs. RPGs are defined by player stats overriding player skills, that's what makes them roleplaying games (inb4 muh moral choices)

because its pure trash and one of the worst RPGs i have ever played, it also made fall asleep .

Because it's so bad it made Avellone quit

I got about 3 hours in and my hard drive up and died, but I just managed to get my saves off it so I'm playing again. It's good, if a little generic. I'm finding the combat to be a bit buggy though. I don't know if it was always like this or the patches screwed something up but it feels like I'm playing on a laggy server during combat.

most of the autistic hate it gets seems to be centered around the user content (which is highlighted so you can ignore it, sawyer's SJW status (who gives a shit) and that poem debacle which is such a non-issue it makes all the fags complaining about it look like turbo-autists (they are).

The plot is ok, I can see why people might not like it, like if you click through dialogue without reading it, then you won't know what the fuck is going on and you'll miss all the neat lore. The combat doesn't seem much worse or better than BGII, it's certainly the best attempt at an alternative yet. yep, better than D:OS, better than wasteland, better than current torment. When it works properly.

I recently did the quest where you have to defend your keep and that was a really impressive large battle that's never been done in a game like this before. The engine is ok, if a bit of a resource hog, and the graphics are really pretty. Compared to the current Torment beta it's like night and day.
Say what you will about obsidian but at least they know how to make a polished product. Torment doesn't look like it will ever reach a polished state, imo. It chugs on any system and the design/art/tech is all over the fucking place. Now if obisidian would release the internal tools for their engine we would have something good to mod with finally.

*30 hours

The bad guy is able to body hop in soul form

I fucking laughed

And here we can observe a casual in his natural habitat.

E3 made consolefags more active than usual.

go away jew sawyer

No

the thing about pillars is that its better then all the other iso rpgs gameplay wise but that isnt saying much. I can't remember which patch it was but enemy ai was shit before it and would attack whoever was nearest thus making 1 super tank broken. now its a lot better but you aren't gonna find anybody here saying that beside an old faggot like me whos tired of saying shit is bad because of who made it.

No.

Either confirmed for having never played other isometric RPGs or having shit taste. I'm not sure which.

Even of the Kickstarter batch, it is far from the best. Divinity Original Sin beats its ass all over the town in terms of gameplay.

Dear God, you faggots actually LIKE crpg's gameplay?

Holy shit that explains so much about your shit taste Holla Forums. I feel like a veil has been lifted from my eyes. For some reason I believed I was speaking with equals.

Here, let me use small words:
DMC4 has gameplay.
Pillars of Eternity has stat sheets.

The only instance where those are fun is if you're so autistic that you can't join a P&P gaming group. Now counter examples were made and sure, M&M has gameplay, but I was thinking more crpgs in the NWN, POE, KOTOR, Planescape vein, not turn-based or First Person rpgs. Those are a different animal all together.

Let me use smaller words.

You are actually a newfag, and you need to go back.

This is 100% Basic Bitch Syndrome.

I'm playing through it now for the first time, not sure how far I am but at says I completed act 1, been getting lost in side quests before continuing the main quest line.

It's alright, if you don't mind some reading theres some pretty good story telling and characters, some of em are kind of stereotypical, but people like Durance, the grieving mother, That bard guy I cant remember the name of, pretty decent.

Gameplay wise its basically giving me an excuse to play DnD since none of my friends are able to get together to actually play and fuck playing online I can't stand it, it's not the same

Now I never really played the old baldurs gate games, I think I was like 8-10 years old when they dropped, I played them but didn't get very far since I sucked at video games back then. I can't compare pillars to this but pillars isn't bad. It sure as hell is reading the video game though, which I don't mine, the text is good for the majority of it.

I like the way bards are done, whatever it is they're called now, the issue with buffing I think is because if you just let Durance cast every buff before a fight and then go in, it'd be way too easy.

Notbad/10 if you're feeling the need for dnd it's a good supplement if you have no friends

Except Pillars is nothing like DnD.

you'd think with all these rpgs ripping off DnD's systems and setting that WotC, they still own it right?, would come in and just make their own DnD game. hell, go full hog and give it multiplayer and some kind of dungeon master mode as well.

sounds like a logical thing to do.

And that's why WOTC doesn't do it.

Didnt they do one game but it was just an mmorpg or some shit?

SJW devs, pirate it

Don't forget the wonder that is Sword Coast Legends. Basically Hasbro's strategy is minimum effort. They'll let you work on their license for peanuts, but they're not going to actually offer you any real financial support or invest in the D&D brand on PC, even though it's a huge untapped market.

you need to be smart to survive. It's a common misconception that barbarians are stupid and brutish.

Also, DMC is shit.

It tappers out by Act 3.

The game is ok-ish, but I can't bring myself to finish it.
Something essential is just missing.

You'd have to be genuinely shit at videogames to believe that

Have they readded the poem?
If not then why should people move on?

Death we brought to the settler men. We the Nine Claws. Claws of Nine. Worse what we did to the women. For love of the gods. The gods' love. For their love. - Maerwald

I mistrusted the game after that. I've got about 4 hours of gameplay to go if I rush to the credits. Is there a list of all the tumblr content in the game?