Freedom Planet

Whatever happened to this?

What did you expect out of this game before and after you saw the intro scene, Holla Forums?
Were you expecting something more than just an action platformer?

Other urls found in this thread:

freedomplanet.wikia.com/wiki/Lilac
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I really found the game fun.

However it has obvious flaws, like the physics and the stages that pretty much are linear, I do get why people hate the story too, but I didn't gave much of a fuck about the story considering that most of the games that FP tributes never had a deepest lore or stuff like that.

I enjoyed it a lot but I hope they fix the physics and work more on the stages for the sequel.
the OST is great, I hope they keep with the same composer

I just wish the vocaroo voice actors got better mics/recording area. I liked the levels, the subdungeon areas were fun, the ability to run up walls no matter what was actually good since I don't have to worry about if I'm going fast enough to just make it to the top of a ledge, and the combat was nice. Also a big plus that touching enemies doesn't automatically hurt you.

Overall, 9/10, very solid platformer with the ability to skip the voice acting if that's not your thing. Very enjoyable, not quite perfect, but I can't express what I would change beyond 1 specific boss. Everything else in the game controls well and runs smoothly.

Last time I heard about it was during the Sonic Amateur Game Expo. The demo shown is probably still hosted somewhere as well.

Looks alright. Prefer to stick with Sonic: After The Sequel though.

What i expected: What happens when you make the Sonic the Hedgehog comics into a game
What i got: Sonic 4; now with more furry drama

It started really strong, but the level design seemed to degrade rapidly as the game went on, and the focus shifted to epic anime setpieces. A solid first attempted, but highly flawed. I don't know if I care enough to play the sequel.

I personally was expecting less Sonic and more 3 kingdoms factions against eachother and you the mercenary team have to figure out a way to survive without making too many enemies.
Or Shantae, that was a good game as well.

There's a lot of backstory to the game which never got fleshed out and added into the actual game.
freedomplanet.wikia.com/wiki/Lilac

I heard that due some feature getting scrapped some voice files weren't used and they explained a bit of the backstory of the characters.

I think Lord Brevon got too much focus. He should have been kept for part 2 of the game while in part 1 they explained more about the characters, Avalice and how the world works.

The idea is good, but the sanic-oc tier writing is terrible.

Shit game tbh.
It's decent but demo showd it to be more promising, plus Lilac's dash should have been Rocket Knight Adventure's dash rip-off instead of Sparkster's, waiting for gauge to refill was a massive pacebreaker

Think they used up all the good ideas on the first bits?

First zone is best designed and has more fun gimmicks than the rest of the game. That actually gave sonic vibe to me, since all sonic games design to have from 2-3 fun level themes gimmicks to keep experience fresh. Also demo had better physics, no wall glue and dash gauge recharges quicker when you run faster, which is more rewarding and satisfying.

I think they wanted to make the late game epic, and forgot to make it fun.

See, I felt the poor voice acting quality and the huge tonal shifts in the story reminded me of one of those Working Designs Sega CD games.

Also, I was never going slow enough for the wonky physics to bother me.

Overall, one of the best platformers of 2014, I'd say.

I was never going fast enough for the sonic 4 physics NOT to bother me, for some insane reason they cap your speed to something that's way too fucking slow, and to even get any kind of speed you have to abuse the not spin dash or somehow get a ton of fucking momentum really fucking fast.

Lilac was the only good character. Carol, Milla, Spade, Torque all suffer from shallow/unpowered character syndrome. They're weak and useless as hell. Like say compare Megaman X to plain Megaman.

More like Goku to Yamcha.

furfags go away

I enjoyed it except the milla story felt tacked on. They are making a sequel

4/10

What's with the false advertising?

FUCK OFFF FUFRAG
FUCM OFF FURFRGA
FY K OFF DUEGFAF

user, I…

Kill yourself all the same faggot.

That seems like an oddly familiar phenomenon.

it might as well be furry user
it might as well be

Ouch.

Can we talk about this? Why the hell does every game always have the potential of being something else, but they never tap into it?

bump