Childhood is idolizing Superman Adulthood is unironically realizing Lex Luthor is completely in the

Seriously though memes aside if Superman were to suddenly appear in the real world you would all be absolutely terrified of such a person flying around with super-strength and laser vision. Lex's fear of Superman and desire to take him down is entirely understandable. The only reason we know for sure that Superman is and will always be good is because he's a fictional protagonist, but in real life we could never have that certainty, can you really say that you would be willing to trust some guy with those powers if he suddenly appeared in front of you? However good he might sincerely be, I'd be on the side of taking him down just in case.

Oy vey, trust Luthor goyim! He'll protect us from those nasty (((Kryptonians)))!

Great thread, OP.

How was my post Holla Forums?

Hey, you can't do that! I'm supposed to do that!

lol

If someone like Superman showed up in real life Elon Musk would drop everything he's doing and basically become Lex Luthor.

It's funny that people take Lex and people like him at face value when his "fear" of Superman is born out of a pretty blatant inferiority complex that's aggravated by Superman unconditionally using his gifts for good while Lex fucks around trying to kill and discredit him at every turn.

In the what op
Haha this means you agree with superman, shouldn't have been stupid enough to make a mistake like that

Though he's never depicted as such. I would love a version of Lex that actually loves Superman being around. His predictable goody-goody nature basically being a free clean up of a mess.

Hell, I think it would be amazing to portray Lex as an unwilling bad guy. Just having the unfortunate capacity to see the big picture and the wealth to see just how deep the rot is. The kind of genius that runs guns but tries to either keep the fighting located away from civilians or helping one side crush the other and ultimately lower the collateral damage. Or having to help with weapons research and trying to keep it as safe as possible with the fraction of a budget the 3rd world dictator is using to create a super soldier.

It would be very interesting to see Lex a little annoyed that Supes gets all the credit when he legitimately saves more lives daily but is seen as a heartless businessman. And even more interesting if Supes realizes this as well. It might be interesting to see Superman and Lexcorp fight it out every day but Clark Kent defending the actions taken by its CEO and trying to give them context.

Fucking underrated quote! And probably this is the reason why Lex will be always above on my list than the Joker.

No wonder the best stories (opinion) are those where the fucker find out he was just a fucking yandere after Supes and rather being a douchebag he actually trying to team up with him.

I have Jesus our Lord and Savior, so superman isnt a problem anyway.

Well how many times did Jesus fight Godzilla?

>implying that the guy with black curly hair who has his strength handed to him by (((birthright))), who has to hide his real identity by changing his name and works in the media is the less jewish guy here

If he constantly went around saving lives and putting violent criminals in jail, I'd give him the benefit of doubt.

Imagine how dangerous Luthor would be if he didn't give a fuck about Superman.
Most of his plans are too subtle for Superman to stop, you can't stop a hostile takeover or political grifting by punching it. Luthor's weakness is that every plan he has, from taking over the world to robbing a bank, he inserts the unnecessary step "KILL SUPERMAN" in between ???? and PROFIT, so Superman ends up foiling every plot in self-defence.
If Luthor just stopped trying to kill Superman, he'd be mayor, president, pope, whatever he put his mind to.
Of course he'd eventually be brought down by a mild-mannered reporter from a small town…

We are not asking the important questions here: does Superman have attached earlobes?

And humanity was promptly wiped out by aliens, demons, mad scientists, and all the other things that want to kill humanity.

You mean that single hair? That's probably styled that way with gell

At least 7.

Perhaps you can write an elseworlds story then.

Lex Luthor is right at least 60% of the time. How many times has Superman functioned as a beacon to bring powerful aliens to shit up Earth and cause a problem for him to "solve" (temporarily) and thus appear to be the hero? How many times has Superman been brainwashed or otherwise lost control of his powers? Even once is enough to potentially put the entire planet at risk. Kryptonians are something like living nukes in terms of their destructive potential compared to pretty much everything except the other high-to-top tier powerhouses.

I see your point. The problem I have with Lex is he doesn't provide much of an alternative with him ruling because his own ego gets in the way despite the fact he could be good at it.

Isn't "Superman became EVIL" used about once a month?

Don't discriminate against aliens goy!!! Superman is the symbol of America. Stupid goim.

This. Here we have a man with the means and skills to actually make the world a better place and what does he spend his time on? Plotting to usurp the established order and show chaos. Lex is right about one thing, Superman is a dangerous alien. But that does not make him mankind's ally.

Once you realize that Lex was always right, it's funny how the show takes on a whole different dimension when you watch it and Lex is constantly given villain music/lighting/camera angles to indicate he's the badguy we're suppose to hate. He's literally one of us, a true hero frustrated with how nobody will listen to him about the all-powerful god alien running around destroying everything to "save people" when it's demonstrated he can alter his power level at will and could defeat any actual evil with zero effort whatsoever.
It's bullshit. What actual message is this show trying to convey? That's my message.

Wasn't this covered a little bit in all star superman?

The part where superman said "if you wanted to save the world, you could've done it already but you didn't"

It was, but new fags in here dont read comics…

Comics are for nerds, and I am not a nerd.

You are right, you aren't a nerd…
…but a leeching parasite who sank so low he needs to hang out with nerd on a taiwanese imageboard. Jokes on you loser!

I want to read this now.

Did he also eat the forty cakes?

Just sage, report and ignore user, its just an obvious shitposter.

That's the Injustice Universe pre-Joker.

You sound like an angsty teenager, you probably are one

Yeah, that's very wise, anger the only person who can defend you from all the alien threats the universe is constantly throwing at your planets because maybe he'll change his mind and kill us.

Well he was created by Jews so…

…How old are you?

Psst. The shitposter is Mark Millar.