Dawn of War 3

You guys seen this?

It looks pure ass. Notice the complete lack of cover apart from those pre-set shield generator thingies.

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/QPFjI
warhammer40k.wikia.com/wiki/Imperial_Knight
warhammer40k.wikia.com/wiki/Throne_Mechanicum
warhammer40k.wikia.com/wiki/Knight_Worlds
1d4chan.org/wiki/Imperial_Knight
wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Princeps
archive.is/yxIvy
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

First of all, got any English sources? Not everyone around here can speak German, this isn't Holla Forums.
Secondly, have you considered that "pre-alpha footage" is indicating something?

These days it usually indicates that the final product will somehow look even worse.

Looks better than 2 at least

Of course they'll have the necrons and chaos! As DLC goy

It looks like DOTA or LOL.

Also no proper drop pod for the Knight.

Fuck 'em.

Who the fuck is this Solaria woman?

To be fair sectioned health bars are very good for quick health assessment.

It actually doesn't look that bad to me. The new cover system looks like shit and I would have preferred they just used the originals but the graphics don't look that bad to me even if they are a bit cartoony.

I'll definatly pirate it if nothing else and maybe even buy it if it's actually good. The lack of factions sucks but I can live with it if the base game is still good and they add the others with actual expansions.

I want to hope. I want it to be good

Wow, somehow they manage to feel like they have LESS impact in fights.
Plus those Eldar don't seem squishy, Dawn of Eldar III perhaps?

Also why the fuck do we only get three races?

Looks good, but the terrain texture put me off and I wish the voices were more over the top like in DoW1.
Hopefully theyll fix the first
Campaign seems unchanged unfortunately, at least this tiny bit, Im sure Relic can make good skirmish/MP maps, thats probably the bigger focus anyway.
Looks good, graphicfags should kill themselves.

DLC whoring will be a pain in the ass though.

This isnt a console game though, Total WaWa actually looks better than its pre release gameplay footage.

DLC goy

But i can always pirate DLC

Its going to have Denuvo, I have no doubt about that.

Look fluffy. I don't like it.

Not gona pay my 1/3 month wage on DLC hoarding.

Wait 2 years

it looks too linear and the map looks way too empty

Friendly reminder that they said they wanted to make it less grimdark in tone and more accessible.

Ive yet to find a source besides Political Correct Gaymer that says this, and I posted that fucking article when the trailer came out.

(this is probably bait though)

Stop lowering your fucking standards, we're at the point where it not being a phone game makes it "decent".

Looks less tactical. I hope it will not be a fucking rock paper scissors + a couple of active skills.

Hero unit seems to have too many skills.
Fuck warcraft 3 making that popular.

Cover systems are almost always shit. DOW1 didn't have very much of it.

Well that looks atrocious.

Without it hame has less complexity.

DoW 1 and CoH 1 are still a thousands times better than this shit and whatever monstrosity CoH 3 will be. They will prolly try the pacific theater or something retarded.

It limits the positions of where you can put troops. Instead of putting them where you think they are best now they all have to be in cover.

So it made you have to fight like you were in a real war and that's bad how?

And "press x to be like in cover" is better?

HAHAHAHAHA

You guys are focusing on all the wrong things!
Look at that awful artstyle!
Look at that weird movement speed!
Look at that strange animation speed in general!
Look at how much fucking HP everything has!
There is plenty to complain about.

Its obvious tutorial/intro mission probably on lowest difficulty. It was designed to whack eldar.
And visual aspects can significantly change, but main gameplay elements will stay.

Without a doubt it looks horrible, but if you're going to argue against cover then make a decent argument rather than it doesn't allow you to do what you want to do.

For example: The cover was carefully placed to force skirmishes and create choke points that interrupted the flow of battle and put unnatural emphasis on holding these positions rather than manuvering your troops and carefully deploying your forces.

It also created artificial difficulty when the AI would spam to hold these locations. They're not natural, they don't add to the experience, so I'm glad they're gone.

Something like that. I rather agree with that sentiment. If we're going to have cover have it like Command and Conquer Red Alert 1 and 2 in regards to placement. As a natural part of the field, not just placed to cause choke points.

The only thing there that looks fucking horrible is the barebones map and the shit terrain detail which looks downright unfinished and probably is.

All the models and animation look fucking great and it looks like the standart shit campaign but we can barely make an assessment of it with how short that was, the only thing I can see your compalining make any sense is the fucking DLC.

This is footage from one month ago and the game is only coming out in 2017.

Except he is right.
Artificially creating choke points and limiting the strategic spots an army can be is stupid as shit.

Everything in game created artificially. Every fucking thing.

It's good when it's designed well with the terrain having a natural feel to it. What the Dawn of War games have had is an unnatural for game reason distribution to them. Often left and right or top and bottom mirror each other with the same river, same cliffs, ect. The exception to this were the special missions which were grind fests to dig out an outrageously entrenched enemy.

Frankly I like cover, but I like it done right. I never said terrain shouldn't matter either. I said the way they set it up was to force choke points for conflict.

Key positions aren't a bad thing either, but again my issue is that maps have a very copied feel to them rather than a more natural layout. There should be ways to flank at the very least. Although it's not like the AI wasn't above smashing into your positions with a lot of units either.

They were fun, but that was one thing I have not liked about Dawn of War.

The terrain and lack of buildings does indeed look like shit, the units look great though.
What?
Now you're not making any sense
Looks the same as the originals the originals

I can see why people would bitch and moan about the awful terrain textures and barebones sterile empty spaces, but the rest if it looks great, most of the people complaining about it havent player the original.
The fucking cover system is the oiterally the same has the first one but instead of being a simple damage dampener it buffs your long range damage output and makes your units more fragile to melee focused ones.
Why the fuck are there anons complaining about the cover system and sayong its not like the original?

I hope this will be good. I'm getting worried guys.

We've barely seen anything and the only thing I can really complain about is the shitty map, theyll show more footage at the PC Gayman Show in 4 hours, if is indeed shit…
Well… at least we have Butterlord and Deathwing to lessen the pain.

No they look detailed. Perhaps it is their bright colors, but they simply don't feel right in the slightest.

Are you a fucking vegan or some other kind of faggot? Half of it will be assaulting fortresses and other fortification that was made to create a fucking chokepoints because it is the logical and fucking natural way to fight in war. War is not a natural and fair thing, its a fucking war. It cant be fucking fair and natural, its all about using all advantages you could have. Without keypoints there will be no army positioning because it will be meaningless and whole game will be a fucking clickfest. Only thing that will matter will be unit choice as in rock paper scissors and the amount of clicks per second. And you think that this is natural? A great skill of battle comes from number of clicks and metageme. In fact you can reduce whole terran to one fucking line! Or even better, if you dislike clicking a lot you can give your army to the AI, who will direct it perfectly, since there isno keypoints on may and only one line. All you have to do is to direct your brave solder so he will use his great array of 4 skills.

It could look really good with good weather effects. Blizzard and shit.

Not really thread related, but I see no better place to post this

I dont know man, I saw some craters that looked like 2D decals, Im fairly certain this shit is really unfinished

Indeed, dust clouds and other effects could really add to the game in the visual department.
Now it theyll do it or not is another story, well see, I just hope they improve the level, that shit looks awful, especially in comparison to the models which look extremely detailed.

Good old GW

I think it looks cool in general, not the greatest but certainly not pure garbage like some of you make it out to be. That's just my oponions tho.

My biggest gripe and biggest concern, however, is the way that abilities are presented, especially in the case of the hero units.

Those abilities look like they were taken straight from a moba game, and it has been said that there will be moba-ish elements in the multiplayer portion of the game. Having to choose which superheavies to take in order to counter other chosen superheavies is fucking asinine. If this was going to be a matter of counters, why not go with the hard-counter system that was created for the original DoW1 instead of limiting your arsenal to some choices?

This shit just reeks of another game that's going to be pushing a metagame for the sole purpose of falling for the esports meme, a thing that serves no purpose other than killing games and filling playerbases with nothing but insufferable, whiny, dumbass, edgy tryhards.

I really really hope DoW isn't pushing for multiplayer fads only and also offers a solid single player. If it features expansions, I wish it goes down the Dark Crusade path of single player, that shit is just loads of fun and replayability.

I mean, everything is clean because there will be weather and dirt and shit that will be generated, units will get dirty/bloody. But its extremely best case scenario.
Worst case scenario its because they planing to seel more units as dlc and therefore they invest a lot in them.

For a single player campaign it at least looks better than DOW2

Jesus Christ, hopefully not

Maybe, maybe not, the units do indeed look great, I was expecting them to look cel shaded and cartoony, but they look fine in contrast to the level.

they've taken DOW 1, removed basebuilding, cover, and unit upgrades upgrades and given everything MOBA style unit abilities

on top of that it has cartoony animations and a shit art style

I'm sure the COH2 style dlc jewery will put it over the top as the worst sequel ever made

Basebuilding was confirmed to be back, no details on how though. Game still looks like it will be complete garbage though

It's "primarily unit building" apparently. No base defenses.

Good job retard, everything you just said was confirmed ingame, units always had abilities, only issue now is how they are going to be implemented.
Have you ever played the original user?
Because it sure doesnt sound like it
The units look cartoony?
Are you shitting me?

Ok

Source?

Looks like meta build order, attack + move to win.

gabriel angelos is now a warcraft 3 paladin

Who will cleanse Xenos! isn't that good?

make the hair white
I think I'm experiencing a revelation

The running animations on the marines is laughably bad

I remember disliking the DoW2 BETA and I kept this opinion for quite a while.
Then I tried Retribution and did a 180 turn, it was great, I couldn't stop playing it and DoW1 seems heavy and clunky (especially its shitty pathfinding and infantry combat).
Now DoW3 approaches and seems to combine worst parts of DoW1 and MOBAs.
Then again, after my Dow2 experience I will withhold my judgment until open BETA.

Yeah who cares about the gameplay, look at those pretty animations and effects! Buy now goyim! Nevermind that it doesn't even look like WH40k.

Per post or per hour?

Yeah wouldn't want any depth to it, hopefully they remove basebuilding too, I just can't see that being a true cinematic experience on my iPhone if I have to bother building bases and stuff.

Retribution champings are shit. You cant lose.

It's actually a stupid casual mechanic most of the time.
I guess Iron sights and sprinting are depth too.

dawn of war 1's cover system was a p big part of gameplay, not sure what you're talking about

The small amount of gameplay they've shown looks alright besides being linear campaign bullshit.
Whats your issue with it?

I didn't really ever care about singleplayer in DoW.
I'm a MP guy, and even then I thought that all DoW2 campaigns were great but restrictive.
DoW1 SP was easy anyway unless you tormented yourself with unfair difficulties.

Holy shit, someone actually said this, when theres maps with no cover whatsoever.

Where are these retards coming from?

Removal of cover making it an order of magnitude shallower, no indication of any added mechanics to increase depth. They didn't show anything that makes it better than just booting up DoW1, the complete opposite in fact.

This is literally what cover does you fucking retard. Cover basically tells the player where he needs to place his units instead of him figuring out the best unit position.
Holy fucking shit you are a retard.

Putting your men in cover in games like Company of Heroes actually made it worthwhile to set up ambushes or digging in to defend areas like court yards or stone walls near roads.

The fact that you hate having tactical options and having to formulate strategies in strategy games shows that you are pure cancer, and actually like when games are dumbed down.

I'm almost convinced there is Sega shilling in this thread or its bait.

No you dumb shit.
Lets look at DOW 1 less cover based gameplay compared to DOW 2.

Now DOW2

You can't possibly be this stupid.

DoW fandom has a big clash between DoW2 fans and DoW1 compstompers.
You know, the type that made this comic about DoW2 AI long ago.

Nice argument.

Sure and instead of "you win/lose" at the end of the game it should say "well played!".

kek

But Gabriel Angelos' hair is white!

You know that cover in 2 is also directional? Right?

So DoW1 and DoW2\
Don't try to pretend that there are no parallels between ASSFAGGOTS and DoW2.

Spouting idiotic "arguments" in the hope of the opposition becoming tired of your inanities and giving up isn't something new, you're not inventing a new genius tactic.

They havent removed it you retard, they downright cofirmed it.

See

And do a quick Google search

If you want Company of Heroes style cover go fucking play DoW2.

with dawn of war you can make any kinda cover anywhere with just bombarding the ground enough times while also having stuff your units can hide behind

in dawn of war 2 you could only remove cover but there was afew more things you can use as cover instead of just fences and sandbags and such like those elder shields and nid spires

dawn of war 3 looks like there's only those retarded circles and shields and that's about it

the series looks like it's dumbing down the mechanics on the hole

Uhh, I'm not sure if you are baitin or not.
In DoW1 cursor also changes if position counts as cover.
Whatever, I take a break from this before I pass out.

Position didn't change engagement range in DOW 1, DOW 1 did have a cover system with the craters as well as negative "cover" in rivers or marshes.

DOW 2 wasn't that great, but your argument of cover systems makes no sense at all. In games like that and COH you had things like heavy cover and light cover, as well as even negative "cover".

Putting your men on an open road or crossing a river was dangerous putting them behind walls was smart.

You're entire argument is saying that those games cover systems where some sort of binary mechanic where there was either cover or not which is simply not true.

Dawn of war 1 did have cover but only on specific maps and wasn't used nearly as often.
Dawn of war 2s excessive use of cover is one of the worst things about it.

The only thing parallel is my dick in your moms vagina.

Please show me your way of thinking and how you reached this discovery.

It's like your opinion dude.

The heavy focus on hero units and their builds is visible only in DoW2.

Except cover in DoW1 was plentyful, sure as shit much more so than what we've seen so far.

You're the guy who argues that day 1 dlc isn't withheld content because the devs said so, right?

And that is why it was shit.

Nigger, the video was only a few minutes long. If you took 3 minutes of a random point in DOW 1 there is a decent chance you wouldn't see any cover.

Using Ledges to your advantage was a much better more organic way of giving your men a position advantage.

I'll reserve judgement.

The first moments made me beg for Emperor's Mercy because it looked like some shitty ASSFAGGOTS garbage. It did get better towards the end.

I think melee is a stupid mechanic because it limits laces where you can place your units. Game forces you to place them where your enemy is! Right next to them! Not where Me(The Genius) want them to be!
And so is barriers on maps. Maps should be flat, so I can march my army wherever I want and not where game forces me to. It really fucking limits my number of choices, game cant tell me where I want to walk, its basically oppressing me!
Game only should have natural things in it. Such as nothing.

Yes, it was DoW3 that started that trend

Have you played DoW1 user?
Tell me the truth now.

Yes, you can build 3 items on one unit with resources.

This makes Supreme Commander a MOBA I guess.

Shit, meant to post this

Stop spreading false information, you gigantic faggot, theres absolutely no source on that.

The vid says there won't be a cover system.

Looks very similar to DoW II unfortunately. If they're going to waste all their time making fuck-ugly maps like that, I'm not going to hold out hope for it.

But there is
Except the source is fucking ass and is the only one that says this
archive.is/QPFjI

Game plays on Aceron and 3 (THREE) fractions are looking for some sort of superweapon.
Space Marines, Orcs and Eldar.

Base bulding supposed like in the first one, but the devs didn't want to explain it further in detail than that.

NO FUCKING COVER SYSTEM.

The rest is simply marketing buzz shilling (biggest armies, largest battles in the series ect.)

Read the thread retard

It looks nothing like DoW2, how?

But there is a cover system user, just like DoW1

You really saw no similarities between DoW 2 and that rendering? None at all? The big unkillable commander leaping around to smash groups while the eldar stand around specific positions? Did you play DoW 2?

Does your commander in supcomm level up ? Does he die and stay there in need of help?
Can he be revived?
Does his level determine what gear he can use ?
Do his levels dermine his importance to combat ?
Is it necessary for him to be in most battles ?
Is he strictly a combat unit or is he important for other functions of the base as well ?

I know ASSFAGGOT is a heavy accusation, but the more RTS I play, the more I realize that powerful leveling units with powerful skills change the focus of RTS completely.

Irrelevant. Crazy shit happens in campaigns.
This thing here is a core unit.

Aside from the standing around the same could be said about DoW1

Come on now

Warcraft 3 is now MOBA too? Levels do almost nothing short for some hp and damage which is less than in CoH.
Some heroes like tech marine prepare a off-combat supply camp and Tunneler creates paths for other units.

seems like they took it out with soul storm though

stronk independint womyn who pilots the knight apparently

Not any of the DoW 1 that I've played. I was never leading my armies with a bullet-sponge command unit who bounced around with bombastic kill moves, that's straight from the sequel. I understand that people in this thread have a tendency to overplay the "DoW 2 is a MOBA is the cancer of RTS" angle, but you've got to be careful not to downplay what looks to be major similarities. I'm just as hopeful as anyone else that this game turns out more like the first, but based on this (admittedly early) footage I'm not sold.

What the fuck are you talking about?

Fair enough

You have to admit Warcraft III is a major point in MOBA history whether it necssarily plays like one or not.

the first dow, if you shelled an area you can make cover

I just tried with a modded soulstorm and I couldn't so they must have pulled it out

No you could not

You say that like if in 40k anyone gives a shit about your gender.
The imperium treats everybody equally as shit, just ask the 30% of the guard that is female.

yes you could, you can scar an area and that area you can use as cover

Ok then. Maybe ASSFAGGOT is the wrong wording.

Let me put it like this:
RTS hero units are cancerous to RTS.
It's like shoved RPG mechanics into FPS.
No I did not like it in wc3 either.

But without hero units you could not survive early game as the imperial guard, as you had no way to counter melee units.

Shit, they're only showing this at E3 arent they?

You've confused the games up you fucking retard.

In DoW1 cover was stationary and static.
In DoW2 cover could be created and destroyed.

after e3 I'll load up dow2 and see if that's correct

Nigger stop right the fuck now, you clearly know nothing about 40k.
The imperium of men has never given a fuck about what you have in your pants, that has never been an issue in the setting, everybody must hold the line if they are needed to.

Holy shit, you've never played the games, have you?

What do you want me to tell you?
That it cant happen and its sjw propaganda?
I would be bulshitting you, because its perfectly possible, seeing how knight houses arent a male only thing.

the knights are sort of part of Adeptus Mechanicus and they're their own thing that's allied with the imperium with their own laws and codes

Yes, but that still doesnt implies anything, since each knight house has their own laws, and no book has said they are a male only thing, besides, we do know that there are female techpriests.

Nigger the requirements for being a pilot on one of those things are probably space marine tier feats.

they're like the Victorians knights of old though which had no female knights

but you're right nothing I've said says that it's a mans club but there's nothing to saying that it isn't either

I could have sworn that they actually WERE a male only thing, something about the machine spirit of knights basically melding with their pilots or something like that. Pretty sure I read it was a men's only thing but fuck if I feel any confidence about 40k lore and consistency

no, they're trained by another knight usually as a squire and inorder to pilot a titan you need to have a strong will

that's with any titan pilot they gain the traits of the titan they pilot

Not really, its mostly about you being able to become one with the machine spirit or some animu bullshit like that.

You are going to need to provie source wih that.
Ill admit that ive never researched well the knight houses and the collegia titanicus, but im pretty sure ive never seen anything implying only males can drive knights/titans.
The only sex restricted things in the imperium are the space marines (for obvius reasons, the technology and reason to make female marines dont exist) and the adepta sororitas, and the latter its because a legal loophole.

Are Knights controlled through the MIU?

And how is that any different to you?
Youre the one that thinks the imperium gives a shit about gender.
I do know the bare minimun about them presented in codexs, imperial armour and that one comic about the titan, but apart from that i havent read the books about them.
Stop posting memes and present arguments.

Mark my words. In the campaign that bitch is gonna die for some bullshit.

Again, memes.
Nigga if youre gonna talk about 40k lore you need more than that.

You unironically admitted you haven't researched the knight houses and applied the same standards of the Imperial Guard and a desperate defense to it, implying that an organization that needs all the manpower it can get in a critical situation puts it to the same standard as another organization that works on a quality over quantity basis due to the rarity of an Imperial Knight in comparison to a pisspoor lasgun even a toddler can shoot.

This is also disregarding the fact that knight houses of old before even the God Emperor blessedbehisname showed up had an actual form of nobility and bloodline similar to royalty, relegating the original added purpose of knights of resource collection to what they believed was the lower class.

This is not even taking into account that knight worlds have relatively resisted the age of strife and other shenanigans related to Chaos due to their innate conservatism when dealing with the first wave of psykers. They shunned if not outright purged them. This behavior stems from an adherence to tradition and technology of the past when the knight worlds became what they were. Said society due, to their conservatism and traditionalism, would follow the same feudal nobility norms as we had back then for the same reasons as them. In fact, the STC of the Imperial Knight also had subliminal stimuli upgraded within to encourage the birth of the aforementioned nobility, in the sense that a cadre of colonial defenders would be created.

Exception, not the norm. I do not deny that there could be a fair number of female pilots, but if you're actively going against the norm and putting an exception on a game only because it's a woman or a special snowflake, then dats bretty sexist m80000. Why do you think nobody complains about banshees?

TL;DR there's so much shit coming out of your mouth it could make Nurgle blush. Report to your nearest commissar.

Sources:
warhammer40k.wikia.com/wiki/Imperial_Knight
warhammer40k.wikia.com/wiki/Throne_Mechanicum
warhammer40k.wikia.com/wiki/Knight_Worlds

Again, it is perfectly plausible in the canon to have a female knight pilot, nowhere in any of the official books have we seen that knight houses are male only, youre trying to apply real world history on 40k, thats straight up bullshit seeing how the imperium its filled with crazy planets with all kinds of rules and cultures.
If GW hasnt said anything regarding that, then it is canon.

Heresy

1d4chan.org/wiki/Imperial_Knight

also works

you really want a female knight don't you

Okay.

They haven't said anything about female pilots even existing.

Are you actually agreeing with me?

there are female tech priests so I don't see the problem of a female knight pilot

His argument is that if nothing in the canon says otherwise then if DoW3 says female knights are possible then female knights are possible.

Thus getting butthurt about female knights is pointless without a contradicting source.

I dont really care, i just want to see knights wreck stuff, but i really dislike people wanting to make everything look like SJW shit when in fact, the imperium of man has never cared about gender.

And the space marines are based on crusaders/holy knights, yet we see things like the flesh tearers.

But thats bullshit user, if they havent said anything about knight houses being male only, then we can only assume that they have the same rules as all other imperial institutions, specially those along the lines of rogue trader houses and adeptus mechanicus.

Imo the Imperial Guard are one the most diverse fighting forces in all of scifi

wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Princeps

Says nothing about Titan pilots having to be male, just need to have a strong mind. I don't have my copy of Titanicus at the moment, but I have a faint memory of there being a female moderati in a Titan in the story (?). So if piloting a Knight is through the MIU like a Titan, then I guess a female pilot would be plausible.

Adeptus Mechanicus ARE ALLIES with the imperium and the knight houses are all of their own accord

they aren't all the same thing, get it fucking right you shit cunts

that's Adeptus Mechanicus which aren't the knight houses

they're allies with the imperium they're not the imperial

Indeed, thats why the IG=best faction.

We never implied that, we said that nothing in the canon says that knight houses dont have the same recruitment rules as all other imperial institutions.

There are female knight and titan pilots in FW and BL books.

Did you read on the Black Templars and accidentally apply it to the entire Adeptus Astartes?

No, just basing on early space marines post rogue trader, specially in the beakie age.

Wasn't Freeblade Tellurus female?

Dont know, but speaks the truth.
People in the imperium are xenophobic, militarist and religius, but they dont really give a fuck about race or sex, since part of the imperial truth was that himanity had to stop figthing amongst themselves and fight the xenos.

what's the fucking back lash at woman being unable to do something anyways I can't give birth but you don't hear me demanding a baby shower

they all recruit on their own intuition

Except that thats bullshit in this case, seeing how sexual diphormism isnt relevant here, as the knights and titans are piloted with the brain.
And again, we have nothing telling us that they are male only, but we do have canon sauces that tell us about female pilots.

From the 1d4chan article
Tellurus - Only living member of a fallen house, and refuses to be seen without armor. Tellurus fought alongside both House Cadmus and House Hawkshroud on Vondrak. "…towering and monstrous, a giant of adamantium and fury. With a booming cannon and a roaring chainblade for arms, it was clad in armour the colour of a winter’s sky. Blue and cold, chevroned with streaks of black and amber. A bright gonfalon streamed from its left shoulder. A rearing horse with a fluted horn at its forehead." - from Knights of the Imperium by Graham McNeill. Turns out to be a girl.

There. Can we now stop fighting over this silly shit already?

wat

Are you telling me women are just men with different bodies? That's pretty damn gay.

spess mehrines didn't get identities and shit until later when they tried to sell you special chapter armies and shit

at the start of the lore they were basically just crusaders/holy knights, all the other stuff came later

No, im not saying that, im saying that theres no reason why a woman wouldnt be able to pilot a knight.
Besides, people have already posted actual canon that says that female knight pilots are a thing, why are you still pushing your bullshit?

you're the one pushing bullshit here

there's nothing wrong with being unable to do something and just because the reason why you're unable to do said something is because you're a woman does not mean that woman should do that said something out of sheer rebellion

if we turn this around so that it's actually men who can't be knight pilots then you wouldn't take issue with this I'm sure

Partly because there's no reason to put a woman in a war game other than for the sake of putting a woman in
Partly because I don't want to hear women's death screams or imagine them

Seriously why the fuck are people so absolutely obsessed with putting women on the frontline to die? There are more than enough genres out there that could use a woman here and there. Not military genres. Not 40k of all things. You don't even have the excuse of women being forced into the military since story-wise the game is about a force going out of their way to check a world, not a bunch of invaders forcing people into a militia.
I bet Khorne did this.

Nigger what the fuck are you even talking about?
We are talking about 40k and wheter female pilots are canon or not, not your bullshit politics.

Theres enough posts ITT telling you why in 40k women in the armed forces are a thing.
If youre part of the munitorum and youre running the imperial tithe on a world, and theres enough girl volunteers to make a full regiment, you wouldnt reject them because "no i dont like wymmyn fighting!", you would just report that you have another regiment ready for transportation.

obsession with equality due to teenage rebellion being directed at something other then parents since nowerday parents let their kids do whatever they want

you're the one shoehorning woman into everything here not me

But im not, thats cannon 40k, you dont even know what we are talking about, do you?

the cannon says nothing of the pilots gender

you're the one wanting them to be woman

Why are you still obsessing over this?

Why do you want women going around killing and dying? Seriously, enlighten me. Even the pisspoor collective of guardsmen, no matter volunteer or conscripted, is dominated by men. Why do you want to see the minuscule fraction of women specifically?

I sincerely do not understand your point.

Nor do I understand why you keep comparing the Imperial Guard to the Questoris Familia.

see

Youre the one getting triggered by seeing a wman in a knight.
I already said i dont care, but you fucks failing to understand the universe, wanting to change up lore and just straight up not knowing what youre talking about its what pisses me off.

that implies that she's piloting that hiding her gender

so maybe it's a taboo of sorts for a woman to pilot a knight which also doesn't say that woman are allowed to pilot knights

Ok then wise guy:

Name a woman pilot of an Imperial knigt from the lore.

Then tell us who is the one changing the lore to fit more women in.

And not a fallen house one.

But i dont, that wasnt a problem at all until you fucks started implying SJW shenanigans when they are, in fact, canon.
I dont give a fuck who the pilot is, i care abouth them getting the dammed thing right.

That may be true, we do not know.
But women being knight pilots its a thing, wheter its rare or taboo its another thing.

I do not know the names, but there are sources in this thread that say that there are women pilots.

someone re-upload this shit already

I just got an update in my phone telling me that the dawn of war channel on youtube just uploaded the gameplay video.

well it's a thing in the books, that isn't to say it's an actual thing since Graham McNeill isn't a very good writer

It is black library, the level of canon they have its second only to GW, and GW has never said anything about it.
Therefore, until GW says that knigh houses are male only, it is perfectly plausible for a woman to end up driving a knight for the ravens.

So when everything is ashes and there is nobody left alive to take the job, a woman might actually get into those.
Gotcha.

One would have to wonder, why you want women to pilot them that badly ?

A comparison to your way of thinking would be women being captains of aircraft carriers in the US navy. The first one to ever get that position is from 2010. It's an entirely new thing and it is somewhat forced.
These are not just jobs for men for no reason. These are heavy, physically and mentally taxing jobs. The reality of jobs like that is that even now, even with 2016 shit these jobs are held by men, because they are hard and very few want them. Even less can handle them.
So far the 40k lore had reflected on that and kept women to less physically taxing roles.

You on the other hand are condoning genuine affirmative action for women into lore just because you feel it is right.

You are pretty much a genuine SJW.
And you are shitting up a currently established reality for the 40k universe.

you're trying to push in that because a woman did it once means that they're allowed to

woman have murdered before but that doesn't mean they're allowed to ya'know

Stop pushing politics into 40k lore, again, we have a confirmation of female knight pilots, there are female titan pilots, GW has never said anything about knight houses being male only, and you fucks have no source to say that.
Im not pushing anything since i wasnt even the one that brought all of this up, but you guys still fail to understand imperial society and try to puch your own views and agenda into something that has been oblivius to all the SJW crowd and pandering during all of its history,

This is the end

fucking leave already

You are the one pushing the agenda, you SJW faggot.

I'll indulge in your logic, or lack thereof, for a second.

If the fight is so desperate, why would the Imperium send women to their deaths instead of having those baby factories spawn more potential guardsmen while those that can't IE men fight?

I've seen you immediately jump into accusations.

You accused us of being SJWs. You accused us of arbitrarily changing the lore. You accused us of whatever else under the sun, and now you're accusing us of pushing politics into 40k when most other games had politics pushed into them already, with this series dying before our eyes into a cheap iphone minigame clone, to say nothing of what's gonna happen to 40k as a whole.

Are you actually accusing us of what you're doing?

he's right about the imperium but we're talking about something utterly different here where hes' trying to use the imperium as a means to shove his shit in here

Never implied that, ciber warrior, im saying that its canon the existence of female pilots.
But im not, im stating the facts, if you guys want to make your own fanfic, then youre welcome to do so, but dont pretend that its a SJW thing because they lore does tell us that it is possible for a woman to drive a imperial knight.
Why?
So that you dont have to be triggered by seeing someone not join you in your circlejerk?
So that you cant see different opinions?
So that you can just talk bullthis?

If you only bothered to read the thread you would see that other books and sources tell us about women driving titans and knights.

Because reproduction isnt a problem for the imperium, they do say that manpower its their most availale resource.
i did not.
But i am not, im not the one coming up with all of this, im not the one that created the books where thses things are mentioned.
And no, GW does not even make market research, they would not touch their cash cow and have another flop like age of sigmar.

But im not you fucker, read the thread, i wasnt the one that made them canon, and i dont give a shit about who the driver is.

female pilots implies more then one

o.k

that's why you really want woman to be pilots then o.k

So why send women to their deaths instead of securing the next generation of guardsmen? You won't even run out of men to consider replacing the losses with women.

Why are you so fucking hellbent on shoehorning women in the military at every possible opportunity? It's like you want to see them fighting and dying for shits and giggles and no other apparent reason.

What variable causes the answer to go from no to yes in the question "Is there any reason this person that's probably going to die a horrible death can't be a man?"

Go shoehorn your amazon fetish somewhere else.

Here's the thing: The screams of women are shrill for an evolutionary reason; TO BE LOUD AND INFORM ANY MAN NEARBY THAT SHE NEEDS HELP.

Having women on the battlefield being slaughtered would be EXTREMELY demoralizing for the male troops, as women's screams will stress them out on an instinctual level. There's also the complications that male/female relationships bring up (IE doing stupid shit out of care for her/him), and you don't want those kinds of distractions on the battlefield.

All-out war is a conflict for men. Anyone who thinks it's just about "You guys being a boy's-only club :^)" is fucking delusional about what happens in war.

Upon review of the thread, there is exactly 1 source, based on one book, so you are lying again.

Let's use your retarded logic on the pope:

This is your logic.

You are a SJW grasping at straws and don't you pretend otherwise.
40k will change only if you start putting women everywhere and that is exactly what you seem to want.

Read the thread, theres sources that confirm that there are more than one.
And im not trying to push any agenda, for fuck sakes, SJWs arent even a thing in my country.
Because the fraction of women that join up the military in 40k is very small compared to civilian women, securing the next generation is not an issue.
But im not, you obnoxius faggot, im the one that came up with this bullshit, im just stating the facts.
Because for a imperial officer 1 woman wanting to die for the emperor its equally valid as a man wanting to do so, it is better to have them dying that to conscript people at gunpoint and end up with deserters or worse, chaos traitors.

Everything you said its well and dandy, except for one huge flaw, i wasnt the one that made all of that canon, im not saying its good or bad, im not saying the imperium is on the right, im just saying that it is a thing, that is also canon.

You are actually right in that it was the only source provided, i remenbered wrongly what another user said, as he mentioned the titanicus book, the female moderatii and him remenbering more cases but not beign able to provide a safe source.
But then again, not anywhere has it said that knight houses are a male only thing, and im not a SJW for telling you things that are canon.

Also, your comparison with the pope?
Thats a false equivalence, since we know popes cannot be female, homever, nowhere in the 40k lore does it say women cannot dirve knights.

what sources?

that fallen one was the only legitimate one shown

Normally women fighting annoys me for just that reason, but in 40k the Imperium is so fucking overpopulated that they don't really need to worry about securing the next generation. Hell, some worlds even perform cullings to thin the population. If they need to kill their own people to get by then losing women on the battlefield isn't really a problem.

you're confusing being able to with being allowed to again

but then

You contradict yourself within the very same post you faggot.
You subconsciously still believe there are multiple sources in this thread, while there is only one and that one is a very specific exception with reasoning behind it.

No, it is a good example, since that woman also hid her gender and pushed herself into something not normally meant, desired form or allowed for women.

My bad, i meant to say im not the one that came up with that.
Im not a writer of the black library, forgeworld or GW, i have no say in what they do.

And no source has ever said that they are not allowed to.

But i did admit that i was wrong, that there were no more sources and i was confusing that post with a source, im not contradicting myself.
I did say that it might be a taboo or a rare thing, we have no confirmation on that, but it might be the case, so, if theres one case of that happening, and GW has never saind anything against that, we can assume that there can be other cases, seeing how the imperium is so large and overpopulated.

we have one source that says that one woman hide her self while piloting a knight

if she was allowed to do so then why the need to hide her gender?

stop trying to give the bullshit christfag argument and come up with an actual point

So why did you write that then ? I quoted you word for word.

Exceptions do not change the rule.

Stop inserting women everywhere you please, you faggot SJW.

Theres a female knight pilot, i remenber seeing in the comic of titanicus a female princeps (she looked like a modrian iron guard for some reason), GW has never said anything resembling women not being allowed in the knight houses, the rest of imperial institutions allow both genders to join and the imperium at large doesnt really care about sex.
Theres more reason to belie that it is canon than there is to say that it isnt and is SJW propaganda.

But im not inserting anyone anywhere, i did not write the books, i did not write the wiki pages, i did not write GW's supposedly canon book.
I was explaining why i messed up there.

Knight worlds are a tiny minuscule percentage of the total amount of worlds in the Imperium.
Knight pilots are an even tinier minuscule percentage of the population of those knight worlds.
A great part of the Imperium's population comes from hive worlds, so the overpopulation part doesn't apply as much.
Your logic falls flat on its face.

>warhammer40k.wikia.com/wiki/Knight_Worlds

Remember when you said I was trying to apply real world history in ? Guess you were wrong.

For the trillionth time.

titans aren't knights they're their own thing too

Adeptus Titanicus

and you should source your shit instead of spouting off

No, im not wrong, since the lore gives you no reason to belive only men are allowed to be knights.
Again, space marines were based upon crusaders and the holy knight trope, yet we see things like the flesh tearers.
The fact that they are based on something, doesnt means the same rules will be applied to them in the universe.

I know they are not the same thing, im just drawing pararels.
I have not seen a single source from any of you saying that women arent allowed in the knight houses, and theres source that talks about one, and furthermore, the other sources never imply that it is a male only thing either.

how am i supposed to get outraged about the content if i can't see it?

you keep on doing that and expect to be taken seriously

Everything you've said so far in this thread has been wrong.

And conveniently enough the one rule that doesn't apply is women in the military, right? Even though it explicitly says that they have cultures and social structures similar to our feudal times, right?

Because that one pilot example in this thread was just too shy to let herself be seen without her armor, right?

Sit the fuck down, you're embarrassing yourself.

Provide me with some source that says that females arent allowed to join imperial knight houses, i am still waiting for them.
The imperium at large uses the same recruitment rules, and nothing in the lore even implies women arent allowed to pilot knights, yet that is canon because you say so, im a SJW and relic is trying to push an agenda for making a female knight.

You were given enough.

You can't make one single post without being wrong, can you?

you don't understand, I'm saying what you're saying is wrong, that it isn't confirmed that they are allowed or not but please keep on trying to turn this back around

you a german by chance?

user, you should actually address the point that the one female knight in the lore had to conceal her gender. That's been thrown out several times and you're at 34 posts yet you've dodged it every time.

No, you have not proven me wrong, since there is nothing on the lore that implies that, or that implies that their recruitment sistem is somehow different from the imperium at large.

No, im not german, provide the source of women not beign able to be imperial knights, since you guys keep talking about all sorts of things except the fact that there is no reason to believe so.

I did say it before, i think two times already, it might be a taboo or something of the sorts, yet there are no mentions about women not being allowed to be knights.
Seeing how tpart of 40k is you making your own stories abotu your guys, something like that would have been mentioned, just like how they explain why the sisters of battle exist and are a female only organization or why female space marines cant be a thing no matter how much sjws complain about it.

o.k

Every world has their own recruitment system, retard. The imperium's bureaucracy says what it wants such as a set amount of regiments, the world itself takes care of everything else or faces repercussions.

You yourself said the imperium does not care about gender, so the imperium would not give a single trillionth of a shit if a world decides to not include stronk independint womyn in its ranks.

And that is true, ive never said there are diversity quotas in 40k,but that the norm tends to be that at large, and if you are the exception, its normally mentioned somewhere.

Is that why that knight pilot was specifically stated to be a woman AND hiding her gender?

user are you actually agreeing with me for once?

First you said there are multiple sources very convincingly to another user.
Then you address me and tell me you are wrong and there is only 1 source. All in the same post.

You have been bullshitting, lying and avoiding to address points for 36 posts and growing.

I dont think he knows what the exception that proves the rule is

Again, for the forth time, it might be a taboo, we dont know, we know theres atleast one, therefore it is possible for there to be more.
There is no mention about the recruitment rulse for the knights, and weve seen thus far that when ther is a female/male only thing in 40k is explained or atleast mentioned.

Nigger, the fact its explicitely mentioned proves it was an extraordinary event and thus out of the norm.

quit pulling shit out of your ass it fucking sinks

The imperium is huge and old, if something like that happened once, it can happen again.

Points in favor of women not accepted:

Points against:

once you have your sjw ways with it I'm sure

to be fair, making a new faction is probably quite expensive, so they will sell them extra as dlc to make up for that.

I suspect the lead developer is secretly a woman and they're planning on revealing it as a surprise when the game is a huge success

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

archive.is/yxIvy

Well goys. We made it all shiny so you can identify units better :D

They believe some retards couldn't identify equipment for squads. Like the brightly blue plasma rifle from the flamethrower.

Or that is the version they are pushing at least. Pretty sure it's just an incompetent designer high on pixar shit.

Here is the real ASSFAGGOT link:

So do tell me ASSFAGGOTS have no influence. Tell me Last stand wasn't cancerous to DoW.

And here is why Angelos looks like a cartoon character:

I'm sure he meant altitude/terrain de/buff for units.

It went from an RTS to a fucking MOBA

Looks okay, kind of want to see more of it before calling it outright good or shit.

WHAT ARE YOU DOING YOU FOOL, YOU ARE RESURRECTING THE RETARD FROM EARLIER

I SEE A BASE. we have plenty of time to judge it later. the combat looks so slow though.

seems to be the trend doesnt it?
on the other hand though it gives them room to put a faction that isnt just spikier space marines.

Far too many bright poppy colored effects, shitty looking enviroments, weak textures and pretty much no graphic improvement over DoW2, except for the retarded disco lighting in firefights.

well yeah

back to 4chan kid

you were saying?

Stop drawing parallels between things that aren't the same. Are you going to argue that there's female space marines because of the Shrieking Banshees next?

Fucking kill me

Had to sober up after Monday

Last stand has as much influence on DoW as Sheep Tag had on WarcraftIII and Tank War on Company of Heroes.

How does it feel not to read posts ?

END MY LIFE

Wait a second, are the Eldar using the Blood Ravens to fight other Eldar?

How are they handling heavy weapons? The only squads of space marines using plasma guns are fully equipped with them, but a few squads armed with bolters have one guy with a flamer, who looks like his attack is an ability instead of a new weapon.

Also, looks like the morale system is back. There's a thin bar over health that plummets with certain attacks.

There's a reason the table top game simulates cover with a static "you get it or you don't" number - it's not a real war, and it gets in the way of the fun.

You can't simulate real war with Warhammer because 99% of the units and factions are incompatible with it.

That's just depressing.