Super Mario Bros Movie announced, Illumination/Nintendo to make it.

Brayden Williams
Brayden Williams

archive.fo/KqBZu
there's no threads on this
Mario movie just announced being made by Illumination Animation and Nintendo.
Nintendo soyboys will defend this.
In all seriousness, this sounds like a fucking train wreck. Illumination is probably going to put in reddit-tier pop cultural references and obnoxious self-referential humor. Probably have Peach go full on womyn like what Obisoft did. I bet the trailer's going to have a Taylor Swift song.

All urls found in this thread:

archive.fo/KqBZu

Julian Martinez
Julian Martinez

Well if I recall they gave Disney shit just on Bowser in Wreck it Ralph, so should be ok. Worst case scenario we get another train wreck, but if we do it'll be forgotten like every other Mario movie/show.
Also calling it now: Toads will be the minion stand in.

Lincoln Carter
Lincoln Carter

Toads will be the minion stand in.
That's a special kind of hell.

Jaxon Fisher
Jaxon Fisher

TOO LATE, WEEABOO CUCKS!

Julian Diaz
Julian Diaz

It's going to be one of the most embarrassing movies in years and you won't be able to criticize it anywhere on the internet other than /tv/.

Charles Lee
Charles Lee

Knowing Illumination, it might just turn out to be the most average animated video game: neither good nor outright bad. That's the best that Illumination has ever achieved which seems about right for the safe Nintendo for the reason why they chose them.

Jaxson White
Jaxson White

tbh, I'd rather Pixar or someone. Someone that won't shove in pop cultural references and shit.

Robert Campbell
Robert Campbell

pixar won't shove pop cultural references in it
current year +3

Noah Watson
Noah Watson

user, I just want someone out there to fucking try for once. Illumination makes Pixar look like Golden-era Disney.

Noah Bell
Noah Bell

As long as it doesn't try to question its own premise or be a "darker, more mature" take, I'll tolerate its existence.

Aiden Torres
Aiden Torres

finally, this is somehow relevant

James Peterson
James Peterson

Literally Dr. Seuss animated remake
Not even so bad so good category.

Ryder Flores
Ryder Flores

Anyone who makes a mildly amusing post is /tv/
You'll never be as autistic as the pic related faggot that goes thread to thread to say "Hey /tv/"

Gabriel Myers
Gabriel Myers

A movie based on Mario is just a fucking terrible idea. Nobody could make it work

Oliver Walker
Oliver Walker

I would imagine a silent protagonist short movie would play well in the Mario universe.
Also Minions are super popular in Japan

Cooper Nguyen
Cooper Nguyen

Just watch man, they'll have that exact voice speaking some flavor of gibberish thats grating even for Mario speak.
Dozens of them working to do cartoony shit like the newer Mario and Luigi or paper mario games.
Probably at least one joke about the hat or their pants.

Nathaniel Martin
Nathaniel Martin

Ability to live multiple lives AND remember each of them fondly
Horror
I'm seeing some dissonance here…

Carson Martin
Carson Martin

i don't know, there's enough characters and other material there to do some fun shit, it's just that over the past decade nintendo refuses to use any of it save for the same bland formulaic garbage over and over.

Noah Cox
Noah Cox

looks more like confusion than horror to me.

Austin Gomez
Austin Gomez

Looks like your keyboard is broken, kidaroo.

Matthew Fisher
Matthew Fisher

Ah shit I missed it.

Jackson Martin
Jackson Martin

Will Danny Devito voice Mario?

Gavin Evans
Gavin Evans

Minions are super popular in Japan
Of course they are. Japs have shit taste.

Jacob Collins
Jacob Collins

It's because yellows always stick together

Disable AdBlock to view this page

Disable AdBlock to view this page

Confirm your age

This website may contain content of an adult nature. If you are under the age of 18, if such content offends you or if it is illegal to view such content in your community, please EXIT.

Enter Exit

About Privacy

We use cookies to personalize content and ads, to provide social media features and to analyze our traffic. We also share information about your use of our site with our advertising and analytics partners.

Accept Exit