Super Mario Bros Movie announced, Illumination/Nintendo to make it

archive.is/KqBZu
Mario movie just announced being made by Illumination Animation and Nintendo.
In all seriousness, this sounds like a fucking train wreck. Illumination is probably going to put in reddit-tier pop cultural references and obnoxious self-referential humor. Probably have Peach go full on womyn like what Obisoft did. I bet the trailer's going to have a Taylor Swift song.

Well if I recall they gave Disney shit just on Bowser in Wreck it Ralph, so should be ok. Worst case scenario we get another train wreck, but if we do it'll be forgotten like every other Mario movie/show.
Also calling it now: Toads will be the minion stand in.

That's a special kind of hell.

TOO LATE, WEEABOO CUCKS!

It's going to be one of the most embarrassing movies in years and you won't be able to criticize it anywhere on the internet other than Holla Forums.

Knowing Illumination, it might just turn out to be the most average animated video game: neither good nor outright bad. That's the best that Illumination has ever achieved which seems about right for the safe Nintendo for the reason why they chose them.

tbh, I'd rather Pixar or someone. Someone that won't shove in pop cultural references and shit.

user, I just want someone out there to fucking try for once. Illumination makes Pixar look like Golden-era Disney.

As long as it doesn't try to question its own premise or be a "darker, more mature" take, I'll tolerate its existence.

finally, this is somehow relevant

A movie based on Mario is just a fucking terrible idea. Nobody could make it work

I would imagine a silent protagonist short movie would play well in the Mario universe.
Also Minions are super popular in Japan

Just watch man, they'll have that exact voice speaking some flavor of gibberish thats grating even for Mario speak.
Dozens of them working to do cartoony shit like the newer Mario and Luigi or paper mario games.
Probably at least one joke about the hat or their pants.

I'm seeing some dissonance hereā€¦

i don't know, there's enough characters and other material there to do some fun shit, it's just that over the past decade nintendo refuses to use any of it save for the same bland formulaic garbage over and over.

looks more like confusion than horror to me.

Looks like your keyboard is broken, kidaroo.

Ah shit I missed it.

Will Danny Devito voice Mario?

Of course they are. Japs have shit taste.

It's because yellows always stick together