Release a game

Why don't they just lead off with all features of the second game, but in the first game?

BATTLEFIELD WITH MECHS
muh bond with the tincan

So you can't say "they haven't improved on anything"

Then you invite the naysayers at Valve and they will miserably drop their pants to agree with the Gaben

Seems like there will be a lot of "bonding" moments with your mech. Treating them like they are your partners for life. Were they sentient in the first because it doesn't feel like the first game at all? Just seemed like hunks of metal you dropped so you don't get annihilated and dispose when you don't need it.

Going full anime with this one

because then you won't buy 2 games, you filthy pleb

That's kinda how a sequel works user. New game with a bigger budget gets more stuff in it, what's hard to understand here?

The singleplayer trailer came out for it.
The Titans can talk, apparently. The one in the trailer goes on about how he needs to protect his pilot.

B-BUT IT HAS A GRAPPLING HOOK

That costs money.

It has the Iron Giant SP mode.
I know its EA so it will suck at least some shit but this makes my robosexual part happy.

why live

According to the E3 stream, apparently the new Titans are conscious.
I'm not sure why you'd make death machines self-aware, but there you go.

But if they put those features in the first game, it might be a better game. And if they are both good games, I would buy them anyway.

Why not just make 2 good games then, instead of trying to trick people?

So the Titan wants to protect its pilot? I'm starting to think isn't a joke

Or maybe just he doesn't want his fellow allies to die?

Oh come on, look at how it grabbed him when he fell

Shinji, pilot the titan.

He just picked stopped him from falling, there's questionable nothing there, user. Stop trying to project your perverted fantasies onto the game.

But what about those giant lizards? Those seem more out of place than a talking death machine.

It seemed like they wanted to do something like that with the AI voices but because lol no capping couldnt expand in it.

Whoops, meant no campaign.

I better be able to have a cute waifu ai wanting to protect me.

There was a motherly AI, she would say that she missed you when you would get in.

TAKE MY FUCKING MONEY

Cute okaasan ai? Fucking yes please.

Is it on Origin.

Who cares if it is, it's only worth a pirate anyway.

Instead of saying "Titain doing x or y"
It would say "I am doing x or y"
Name was vanessa.

I'm just so hungry for a game with Mech like action, why did it have to be EA.

Because EA wanted it done sooner than it was ready so it'd launch soon after the xbone did, so they cut a ton of stuff. Typical EA way of doing things.

Isn't it just a dumbed-down rip off of Renegade X anyway?

As they could in the first one.

>Not buying the Japanese AI core for your Titan so you can feel like you're in one of your Chinese cartoons

There was also a butler AI in the first one that would say shit like "I've kept the seat warm for you" when you re-enter.

Swapped all of the voices to Jeeves when ever I'd go play at my friends apartment, was pretty cool.

Reminded me of Jarvis

Why make them feel, though? I don't get it.

Have they said anything about the campaign? Will it be a long thing or a 2 hour afterthought?

I don't want to buy this but since there are 0 good mech games being made I am starting to realize I may have no choice

It seems like it'll be a normal 4-6 hour long campaign.
Also the robot is so obviously going to get destroyed at some point, you don't just make it say "protect the pilot" without it being a foreshadowing of something bad happening.

Also got a giggle from this name

I don't think the first game needed more progression systems.

plot twist: the mech dies in the end trying to save you mech's AI was manufactured using your mother's brain scans as a model

The first one had a really short progression system with only a handful of unlocks, and then just a restarting with bonus xp thing for bragging rights

They wouldn't just go full eva ripoff
And besides, it's been stated that you weren't its original pilot.

Yeah, but I think having less progressions systems and focusing more on the core gameplay instead of unlocks is a good thing.

Now that I can see happening.
How do you "bond" with a mech?

ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha
ha ha ha ha ha ha
ha ha ha ha ha ha
ha ha ha ha ha ha
ha ha ha ha ha ha
ha ha ha ha ha ha
ha ha ha ha ha ha
ha ha ha ha ha ha
ha ha ha ha ha ha
ha ha ha ha ha ha
ha ha ha ha ha ha
ha ha ha ha ha ha
ha ha ha ha ha ha
ha ha ha ha ha ha
ha ha ha ha ha ha
ha ha ha ha ha ha
ha ha ha ha ha ha
ha ha ha ha ha ha
ha ha ha ha ha ha
ha ha ha ha ha ha
ha ha ha ha ha ha

I doubt the devs have even seen Eva. They said they hate the term "mech" and "mecha" which is why they never use it to describe the game.

naturally

No, I'm talking about friendships, not getting into a gay romance with the thing.

WHY?

You goys ready for some super awesome collectors editions?

IT JUST WERKS

I'm not forking out my kangaroo coins for that crap

What's the point?

How many people here actually have the original. we could do a game night if we have enough players…unless ea took down the game servers since I last played 1

The one most satisfying thing about the first was blowing the enemy teams escape shuttle with a self destruct titan.

I hope they arent glass cannons like the last game. They barely felt like a big death mackines they were supposed to be. Pilots could kill them so easy.

I have it, and I think it's still up.
Despite there being so few players, you can always find an attrition match fast.
Every now and then when they have a game time for it the player count goes up for a while.

Stryders had more survivability than Ogres just because of dashing and the dash core.
Nothing could hit you.
They were objectively the best chassis.

I did alright with the ogre.
I liked the quad launcher for it, had good punch.

Styder with grenade launcher and dashcore was rape train though.

Now go full Heavy Gear, and give me an open world campaign sandbox where I'm a merc/mechanic for hire, or fighting in arenas when conflicts aren't being waged.

the mech is your mother

As long as they remove the smart pistol in this one I'm down to buy it.
I like mechas. Sue me.

That's a cool movie trailer. Why does a sentient robot need a pilot? It's obviously able to act and make decisions autonomously.

Maybe they arent that smart.

Then again theres that robot that leads that corperation now.

Maybe they get lonely?

I really enjoyed the first game, and I am very happy they are making a sequel.

I haven't played a Call of Duty type shooter since the first Modern Warfare and they really don't interest me.

I liked the first too just don't be a whore and buy it at release, wait for a price drop

Also I forgot they found some ayyylieum ruins.

I'd pirate it then wait for the drop.

This guy uploaded the footage that was used in making the trailer plus some extra clips that weren't used

Why does titanfall look so shiny and cartoony? Titanfall 1 was all gritty used-universe and now we get overwatch aesthetics?

Looks exactly the same to me

It's a small difference but the clothes for example in titanfall 1 were all torn up and shitty, here they are brand new.

No, user, it's cod with mechs.
Except actual cod has mechs too now.
What a waste of mechs tbh.

-in the campaign
They always do this

If you can't think of features it's missing, you just lack imagination.

Nothing can be perfect. Everything can always be improved.
This means, relatively speaking, that everything is always shit.