What does Holla Forums do? I have a feeling majority of us are either students or NEETs

What does Holla Forums do? I have a feeling majority of us are either students or NEETs.

What are you majoring in?

Other urls found in this thread:

8ch.net/leftypol/res/957663.html
poal.me/xpv8q
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Philosophy major with a lit minor graduate reporting in.

Engineering, I've had a lot less time to read since summer was over.

I am a vagabond part of the year and the rest of the time I live innawoods reading books. Dropped out of college because academia seems to make people soft intellectually.

Shiiiiiiieeet double trouble, going straight from student to NEET with that major.

I've been wanting to major in CS or Infosec for years now, and I still do, but I've acquired a newfound interest in linguistics.

How fucked am I in terms of job prospects if I hop off the CS train for a linguistics major?

you never had any to begin with.

t. /sci/

;_; I'm starting classes in January, probably gonna stay on the CS train. All I want is enough dosh to afford a cozy apartment for me and my dog and a

I work in IT rn and am hopefully going to be working at a webdev co-op a few months from now. If you wanna do something in programming or tech or w/e, just learn shit on your own and study what you like. You're pretty much fucked no matter what you study if you're going to rely on what you studied alone as some kind of guarantee of getting a job.

I don't know much about linguistics, but AFAIK you're going to be mostly limited to working in academia if you go into linguistics. It also involves a lot of research, though, and is a growing field, so if you don't mind that and wanted to get really invested in it I'm sure you'd be fine as far as job prospects go.

My advice is that you stay away from the IT meme my nakamas.

Oh shit for real? Man why, IT is what I've been riding on this entire time. Sysadmin sounds like the dream job.

realistically just have some side projects and a decent GPA.

Nothing because I don't want to be debtcucked

Maybe before you change your life plans you should ask what that other poster meant by that, because compared to other work IT can be p chill.

Network admin at a fertilizer plant.
I grew up poor as fuck so I never spend any money and Im hoping to retire at 40.

8ch.net/leftypol/res/957663.html

Self-employed pool guy going to start a co-op doing something else when I graduate.

Do you mean pool boy?
Does the service come with happy endings?

I work in my fathers company ~pls no bully

Used to work for tech companies doing tech support for sysadmins. Then I was able to make a decent living as a video game artist (65k/yr), but now I feel so alienated from the consumer/spectacle part of the industry that I don't feel like I can go back to that.

Plus having to look for a new job every time you inevitably get laid off sucks, and employers and people who you interview with will usually treat you like disposable trash, because the industry is so competitive. I'm fine with competition, it's just the condescending nature towards artists that makes me so depressed in that scene.

Now I'm going to school for a PoliSci degree because I love reading about politics, so who knows where I'll be 5 years from now…

Unfortunately not yet, but cucking a rich dude has been a fantasy of mine for a while so maybe someday.

Most IT office jobs are hell on earth with the amount of work you put in. Pay is pretty good in ca however… 100k per year

It really depends though. You can get away with being pretty lazy. I shitpost on Holla Forums all the time at work and as long as I'm bringing in money no one is gonna notice or give a shit.

Really? Everyone in the office piles work on ME.

It depends on what sort of situation you're in. If you're the sole in-house IT guy, then yeah, you're kinda fucked.

Being a sysadmin seems like it'd be way more chill tho.

I'm losing my sleep, doing nothing, for a hotel.

Because the field is saturated. Every basement-dwelling furry in the world wants to do IT.

I'm thinking about phil. I'm still a freshman so I have a while before I declare a major. The problem is of course that job prospects will be shit. I wouldn't mind living in a small apartment and teaching if I could get a teaching job, but I'll be the one kid the parents don't like to talk about if I don't get rich. It's a family tradition.

not a stalinist btw. I just do it for the memes

Second year math major, thinking about doing a major in CS as well. Cryptography sounds like a cool field to go into.

Crypto-anarchists are a real thing, right guys????

I own a small business, its a turnkey operation so its pretty cool

Crypto-anarchists are basically ancaps who like bitcoin AFAIK

cultural studies
aka I analyze film every day and write pretentious essays for my liberal college professors

Man, fuck teaching. The pay sucks, you can never advance, and you spend the whole day dealing with other people's children. It would be like being an admin on Holla Forums.

I'm going to be a fucking teacher aren't I? Goddamnit!

Switch to econ.

Got my BA in poli sci. Thought about grad school but fuck that. Currently a teaching assistant at a private school. Thought about getting my credential but being a teacher is kind of shit right now.

I just study, correspond with commies online, and hang out with the local lefty scene from time to time.

Working in a low paying but "decent" enough warehouse awaiting the day I die.

I am a laboratory technician, but I have a bachelors in political science.

English teacher

Used to work in fast food and manual labour, getting a BA in Criminology and was gonna try and go to law school but I kind of want to make vidya now instead.

Biologist trying to get into a graduate program soon.

smelly NEET fuckign kill me

Cool.

Biology major

i apply for jobs that never hire me

Im Electrician but i really wanne do landscaping/forest ranger or something with taking care of animals.

Graduated English work in a cafe

Finished upper secondary school → military service → BA in psychology → finishing BA in sociology this Christmas. Applying for jobs, mostly administration and advisory positions in government agencies.

Tell me of your ways, please, im poor and hungry and want to live.

Psychology/Sociology of Religion, plan to write my bachelor on Waifus next year.

Was psychology, but now I'm teaching it.

you're all fucked but not as fucked as pol

luv u

Double major poli-sci and history, second year. Working in a warehouse to pay the bills. Also involved with the anti-capitalist group on campus.

I currently work in a warehouse, so I can someday have enough money to go to university.

Warehouse work is decent as far as jobs go. Bosses rarely interact with you. No one gives a fuck if you swear like a sailor. There are no customers. You just work like a dog and go home. Then you do not have to care about work anymore.

Religious Studies

I'm shooting for neuropsych, but I'm afraid I might be too dumb.
I have the attention span of a moth.

I'm an in-home caregiver for a disabled person [physical, not mental]

poal.me/xpv8q

let's find out

My BF is CS major. Since his degree is 90% math and only 10% programming he actually is getting a teaching cert and gonna be a math teacher. If you're an amerifag some states pay $40k starting pay for teaching. Not the best life but you make a middle class living and get summers off.

Sociology and economics as it should be

Marx is considered literally god emperor of sociologists alongside with Weber etc., also there's a lot of good critique of capitalism and free markets in econ. Yes, it's not as good as gommunism 101 but if you're actually passionate about your ideology, feel competent and wish to influence various platforms around the world, go with social sciences