Buzzwords that instantly make you walk away from a game

Buzzwords that instantly make you walk away from a game.

I'll start Holla Forums

Go!

The only games directly aimed at the Holla Forums audience are gook pedo VNs.

The problem is that with the current state of the industry you CAN judge games on a single buzzword. The chances of anything that describes itself as "indie" or "Souls-lite" being shit are overwhelmingly on the positive side.

ITT: Nobody knows what a buzzword is

i gotcha covered

Buzzword is a buzzword, right?

such a genuine chuckle, user

micro transactions
season pass
early access

WE

WUZ

KINGZ

N

I can't believe that's shit's the real cover.

Not a buzzword but…

But Party Hard's developers used the most obnoxious buzzword ever to describe their final product after they burned their first design document.

I thought it was a poorly done photoshop to meme on kids

i was wrong

Early access isn't a buzzword. It's a shit thing, but a buzzword is specifically something with little to no meaning that is used to move product. Early Access is a specific sales platform, and can't be a buzzword, given that it actually uniquely refers to something specific.

Learn the language you use.

And I can't believe I forgot to sage. Don't make the same mistake I did, kids. Sage shit threads.

Why are there so many games which are advertised with this?

And most of the time they aren't even similar to rogue

No it doesn't, no game that's said this, this has ever actually been a case, you're pretty much telling me your game is mindless to play by saying it's not.

Also "rougelike". The one describes itself as "rouge-lite" is more often than not decent enough. Anything with "rougelike", not so much.

T-TB?

haha who's this, sounds familiar?

he plays souls games so obviously he's some humongous faggot.

Except for the fact that almost every "roguelite" is shit, and actual roguelikes like powder, DCSS, IVAN, and nethack are fantastic.
Roguelikes are good when the name is actually accurate.

..wait a minute, is this Matthewmatosis?

no

Since when did "crafting system" become a buzzword? This is the first I'm hearing of this.

So few of the things the put out are good, but I can't hate on that.

Always equals "We were too lazy to actually balance this shit with only a handful of characters standing a chance in hell in a competitive environment but we think that if we keep dumping money into it, it'll work"

Because everything nowadays needs to a fucking crafting system of sorts

This, so it means it's trash.

That's not what "buzzword" means. It's not "something I don't like" or "something overdone". A buzzword specifically has to be a marketable term that either means nothing or vaguely describes something that already has a specific word to define it.
Examples are:
Cloud (like cloud computing and storage. Remote and distributed computing and storage were a thing more than a decade before "cloud" was the marketed term).
HD ("high" is subjective, and the difference between True HD, Quad HD, etc means that to be clear, you have to use the number resolution anyway)
High fidelity (same reason)
Next gen
Left wing (alternately refers to Marxist communists, fascist statists, and bizarre anarchists) and right wing (referring to Nazis, libertarians, and conservatives, as well as plenty of anarchists)

He released a new video.

It was a faggot who was talking about a 2d platformer "souls-like" game and he can't stop using those shitty buzzwords.
So someone took his audio clips and put it over Sonic gameplay
>inb4 webm that shit nigger Fuck you, do it yourself.

Action RPG
Visual Novel
Survival Horror
Crafting
MOBA
Open World
Graphics
Next-Gen

and things like hatred trying to take advantage of a controversy

Most of these are pretty much the average Steam Greenlight titles.

Casual shitshow.