When FPS autism fucks you over

These two games have PC versions now and look absolutely amazing, Samurai action game I always wanted.
But guess what, they are locked at 30 fps, because devs are japs and all that shit.
I tried to play it, and you guessed it, couldn't fucking endure 30 fps lock, because I'm that spoiled. And it appears they can't be modded to to run at 60 without breaking.

Are there any other autists that suffer from the same fate?

I played WotS 4 for 3 hours and marvelled at how fucking awful it was. I legitimately want you to explain how these games are fun in any way.

I dunno if they're fun or not, but I wanted Samurai action game for a long time. How hard it is to make a game where you go around a town and slash nigger with grorious nippon steel?
How can they possibly be not fun?

Gr8 thread then m8, even without the fps lock this game is absolute dogshit based on what I played. Don't bother. Play Onimusha 3: Demon Siege for a really good samurai game.

But I don't want demons, time travelings and cuhrayzee shit, I want something grounded, authentic even.

I like Way of the Samurai 4, but it features a brit with a cyborg arm.

Are you implying brits don't have cyborg arms?

Well I've read on steam that WOTS4 is the wackiest of the bunch.
What about WOTS3? It appears to be more serious about itself.

The only way you're going to unfuck yourself is to endure it, fasibrom. If the games are good, they'll engage you eventually.

That's the only one I haven't played, but the first one features an afro samurai, so expect some base level of whackiness. I don't remember anything particularly goofy in the second one, but it's been a while.
Maybe you can emulate the first two and force 60fps somehow.

There actually is a sore lack of a good game where you are an authentic samurai in an authentic setting. Wonder why no studio has ever filled this void. All the samurai games I've played are goofy and/or cuhrayzee cartoony nonsense. Not that that's bad, but it would be cool to play a serious samurai game. Serious Sam-urai

Well there is Kengo series, a hardcore samurai simulator, but it performed like shit even back then.
I think there weren't a new game in decade.

Do you have brain problems?

Why can't you adjust to a 30 FPS rate?

Maybe I'm just better at adapting to different framerates because of the PSX/N64 days?

It looks really fucking ugly when you're on 60 for a few years. Plus I always turn motion blur off which makes it even worse but I hate that shit.

the combat in this game is pure garbage
but hot damn didn't i liked saving my loli and escaping with her to great Britain

Can you watch movies in 640x480 anymore?
Can you use TV without remote control anymore?
Can you fucking catch wild rabbit and eat it raw anymore?

Yes you can, but you don't. Technology marches forward, and returning to how shit was previously is huge pain in the ass. I got used to 60 fps, and I feel sick when playing at 30.
I can imagine people playing at 120 not being able to return to 60 too, that's how progress works.

movies were never 4:3

Are you telling me you don't watch old movies or play old games because of technical aspects?

May very well ask him to adjust to eating shit

Or what the were, 640x320? Something like that yeah.

There are HD remasters for that shit. Yes there is grain and shit, but still will you watch Charlie Chaplin in some low ass res or in full HD when given a choice? And we DO have choice now, which is great.

Curiously enough most 8 and 16 bit games run at 60 fps when emulated. I'm not talking about animations of course, if action takes more than 4 frames it already looks fluid as shit, but the whole thing clearly runs at 60, screen movement, inputs and all.

This is about you not having a choice, shit for dicks. If you had the choice to play WOTS in 60fps we wouldn't have this thread.
Don't you try to pull that shit on me.

Fuck

user, you opened your thread on the fact of being fucked out a good game you presumably would enjoy because you're autistic about FPS. And now you posit that not minding 30FPS is primitive and ass backwards or some shit ? Which is it ?

You realize that film doesn't have the usual resolution limitations, right? This is a poor comparison and is very telling of your lack of technical understanding in general.

This the real issue here. You know what that's called? Being spoiled to the point where your brain can't even handle it. I sure hope you're simply choosing to be unable to play anything at under 60 FPS, because it would be pretty pitiful if you were genuinely physically unable to do so.

You simply have no choice in the matter. Either you fucking man up and get used to it, or don't play the game.

FAG WHO HAS PLAYED ALL OF THEM HERE:

3 takes itself most seriously. 4 has the cuhraziest story. 2 has a good balance of wacky stupid shit (there's a black samurai with an afro) and serious story (Japan's modernization vis a vis the end of the samurai age). I played 1 the longest ago and can't remember much aside from how fresh and cool it was to me.

This.
Either lower your standarts so you can play piss-poor ports or don't play the game.

sucks being you, OP. Im having a blast.

Motion sickness is real user, and different people have different levels of tolerance to it. 30fps bothers me but I can tolerate it if the game is good enough. I can and have dropped games because if piss-poor framerate, and the only reason I tolerate it for WotS is because it's a port of a shoddily put together mess of code that barely ran on the system it was originally made for, by fan request.

WotS happens to be a series good enough for me to tolerate the low framerate. I still wish I could play it at 60+, though.

I've also played all of them. Like says, 3 takes itself the most seriously. 1 also has some seriousness to it, but 2 has too shit of a localization to take seriously and 4 features characters such as Melinda Megamelons (her name in nip was a breast pun, but it doesn't work in english so XSEED said fuck it) and Jet Jenkins so it's not gonna be gritty and realistic like you want.

Nigga 24fps is the lowest you can go before your brain literally can't even try to pretend it's not a moving slideshow anymore. 30 is dangerously close to that floor, so it stands to reason some people will have headaches. Watching a recording and actually interacting with something are two completely different things. Look up simulation sickness.

Thanks to modern technology, I can watch cleaned up versions of old movies at a significantly boosted resolution, then use interpolation software to render the output at 144fps to make everything incredibly smooth and pleasing to the eye. Which I do, because it looks gorgeous. Old anime in particular sees an enormous benefit from this because they weren't tweened garbage like most modern shit today.

Besides that, you're an even bigger moron because movies and other media don't fucking use computer resolutions to define how they look. This whole 720p, 1080p and 1440k is nothing but fucking marketing bullshit and only applies to DVD masters. The fact that you think old movies and aspect ratio were defined by modern resolution standards says to everyone here that you should fucking kill yourself for both posts you idiot.