What are your thoughts on Project Zomboid?

What are your thoughts on Project Zomboid, Holla Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/#F!UhtSTA5S!u9hAjGsOFetjRWPDjsmgmg
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Isn't that game stuck in early access forever?
Last I checked, it has some potential though.

PZ is a cautionary tale on why early-access games should never be supported.

Thought it was cool when I saw it a couple years ago.
anything happen with it?

Its been in early access for 5+ years now
Not only that the devs are some of the most gullible retards in the world upped only by their audience that pays them money for this.

It's made me realize the zombie apocalypse is a boring and limited concept.

A lot's been done since a couple years ago but the past 5 or 6 months the devs have been treading water hard. They keep throwing up ideas and new concepts, like a revamped animation system or cars or working radios and televisions, but keep delaying them and throwing up more ideas in the process.

If anything, it's cautionary tale of being too idealistic as a developer. While it's awesome that you're passionate about your game and have a lot of concepts for it, they're just that, concepts. For the past year they've been throwing up a fuckload of concepts but very, very, very little implemented features.

Play Survival Crisis Z

It really just seemed like a really dull version of SCZ to me.

Plus, y'know, half a decade in Early Access™.

Listen these anons

A friend gifted me the game. Did a server with a couple of Holla Forums guys a while ago. Was pretty fun, but it can get REALLY boring after awhile.

Combat is janky, the building mechanic is weird, it takes forever just to do anything, it's coded like fucking shit apparently, etc.

The game needs a ton of work, but it's enjoyable, I suppose.

It looks neat, from what I can tell, I guess.
Not really all that different from most zombie games, though.

Just play it.

Why? I can't tell how it's any different from the same flash games I've been playing since 2003.

I'll take this moment to share my copies of all well, most… of that guy's games from before he got cucked, by the way. Blood Zero is a sort of Diablo with bits of Zelda with lots of edge, Zombie Smashers X was his first game and it's a River City Ransom clone, and Zombie Smashers X2 was one of his last games and it's River City Ransom turned up to eleven.

mega.nz/#F!UhtSTA5S!u9hAjGsOFetjRWPDjsmgmg

Play, it, user. No spoiling the story or the secrets or the emersive gameplay.

Erm, emergent gameplay. Don't know how I got "emersive" there.

And the best part

Also, the game is from the mid-2000's and it's completely free, he doesn't fall in the early access fever we got recently

He asked for it.

Woops, anyway:

It comes out as a kind of S.T.A.L.K.E.R. crossed with Silent Hill. Do you really know of any other games like that?

These are my thoughts on Project Zomboid

It's fun but only on higher difficulties and requires much patience

It's also a cautionary tale about source control and off-site backups. Granted that was years ago now, but still.

I backed it very early in development and it's barely moved since then.

Initially the team at The Indie Stone had sold the game on a zombie apocalypse worth surviving and with a hard road to travel, things would change over time, infrastructure would break down, allies would have their own personalities and their own goals, and you would have to contend with other people who want to survive but don't care about your survival. None of that was implemented, I don't even think they have AI survivors yet, the game is a fucking joke, and I'm glad I paid only $6 for this game, it was worth a lot less but people have been conned into a lot more.

Honestly can I just get that game, a zombie survival sim where you are free to survive on your own terms, You'd think it would be out at this point.

I really enjoyed the game when I got it, but I haven't had a look at it in a long time.

No regrets, I feel like I got enough enjoyment out of it to justify the price, but I'd love to see them add a shitload more features.

Play survival crisis Z or cataclysm DDA if you want something more indepth

I think that people are fucking retards and need to stop buying games for promises, instead of content currently provided.

I bought this game. It's fun. I liked it. It was worth the price, even though it is still in development, and hasn't moved much since.
I liked what it had then, and now it has a bit more which is a bonus for me.

It's still pretty flat on its own, a bit more entertaining with mods or multiplayer. In other words, quite mediocre.

Does the game have factions and can I build a base made to withstand the apocalypse? and not a solo base either.

Cataclysm DDA has the problems of really shallow combat and a shitload of furry/alien bullshit though.

Survival Crisis Z is more of a shoot-em-up action game than a true zombie survival game, though.