The Division's Player Count Has Dropped 93% Since Launch

Since The Division‘s launch exactly three months ago, Ubisoft’s “fastest-selling game ever” (according to the publisher who did not provide exact numbers at the time) has gone from a daily total of 2.1 million players at its peak to now down 93% to just 143k total players yesterday on Steam.

At one point, The Division‘s current player count ranked as high as #3 on Steam… now it sits at #43.

Compared to Ubisoft’s first-person shooter Rainbow Six: Siege, which launched three months prior on Steam, The Division has experienced a drastic player drop off that’s cause for concern for Ubisoft. While Siege has had its share of highs and lows over the course of the past six months, the player base has recently shown signs of growth with an increase of around 20% since its launch.

Yesterday, Siege brought in a total of 203k players, again beating The Division, and ranking it as high as the #28 position on Steam.

Certainly bad news for the French-based publisher/developer’s new third-person shooter that they hoped would become their flagship title. With the recent content updates not being enough to keep players around, future DLC and expansion packs might also not be enough and at this point with so many players lost, a sequel might be the only thing that will ever bring players back to playing The Division.
githyp.com/the-divisions-player-count-has-dropped-93-percent-since-launch/

That's what happens when you make a shit game

To the surprise of absolutely no one.

No one could be fucked to wait in line.

This is none of the following: interesting, surprising, of any indication of the quality of the game, or basis for anything but circlejerking about how it's a bad game.

That's what happens when you launch an MMO and don't support it with good content.
It took how long for them to put out a new dungeon, which was just a wave based factory with bullet sponges that you've already seen plenty of times (and one new enemy that is hardly worth considering)
People got tired of doing the same stuff over and over, and the PVP stuff was only fun for so long before that became stale, too.

I was pretty interested in it, too, and played basically from launch until the first "content" patch came out. Don't know that I'll ever bother launching it again.

The game is not only shit, but its also barebones.
All the faggots screaming "its fun with friends are jacking each other off to Overwatch as they share pics of Tracers ass until they fall to the next fad.

Not surprising

Yeah, those hot single player experiences sure look bad now

So, you can say that the player count has

Divided

exponentially?

Ubisoft has gone to complete shit, and it really isn't a surprise to me anymore.

I'm honestly expecting Watch Dogs 2 to come out with the E3 settings still in the game files again, or something equally as retarded.

Negro protag, SanFran setting, Prison Uniform as pre-oder unlockable bonus, muslim hacker, homosexual chink as sidekick
It's already good in the hilarious scale

The premise was solid, but they fucked it up. If the game was more reliant on resources and holding areas of the city, there would be a reason to take part. Two groups battling over an apartment building or even just a bottle of water should have been what the game is about.

lol, do you really have to wait in line? Reminds of the bowling alleys in Playstation Home.

At least someone else gets it. Gaming now is just marketing features that are old news but look novel to neo-console gamers that are only just now getting machines that are slightly capable of them.

Persistent online worlds, wow!

And luckily for publishers, gaming has gotten so big now that even if these console dummies finally become jaded there's always an endless supply of new retards entering the bubble.

Man, what the fuck was this game even?

I thought you were kidding but then I saw the trailer.

When they first launched, you could only have two people talking to an npc at once. When everyone had to talk to the same npc at the same time, people formed lines so that it didn't become an unholy clusterfuck. It was silly, but it worked.

I kept thinking, as I played through the game and wandered through the city, that the game would have been a whole lot better if it were more about basically being a police officer trying to hold the city together. Not getting into random gunfights all the time, but trying to get the enemies to back down rather than shoot them. But that would require difficulty in the game, to actually incentivize you to be cautious with npcs.
Also if the game had more creepy stuff to find. The cleaners were severely underused for what they could have offered, and there should have been more buildings you could wander in to that had weird shit around that wasn't really explained. Just there to be weird or creepy and unexplained.

pic related

I don't think so, when the first shill thread popped up an user posted a video and people were just all crowded trying to steal each other's chance

So I went search what this thing WAS.

Does anyone realize this can't be real? This feature can't exist.

Why do you have to punish yourself, you know reality has far surpassed parody these days

Gaming is reaching critical mass, and even the normalfags are catching on to all the blatant shilling, marketing, and money grubbing.

I'd dare say if this year's E3 is anything short of satisfying to these people that this industry's time for this world is not long.

Why are Siege doing so well? I heard that it is one of the few recent ubishit games that have good gameplay and dont have any political bullshit is that true?

I've never played it but I immediately hated the game due to the bullet sponge enemies. Like Destiny and many other games it's a mistake developers keep making.

The only "division" those 93% are playing is negative reaction of "Ubisoft over hyped graphical lies" vs "players refusing to be fooled by that shit again and not pre-ordering."

It's okay I used to play it alot with the other Holla Forums Holla Forums teamspeak (the one run by a prn director) they just dropped the ball a bit on the new operators it's still preddy good

Which made no goddamn sense considering how its supposed to be SO REAL TOM CLANCY MILITARY OPERATIONS

They should have divorced the game from the Clancy IP and put some sci-fi elements.

Like make it a Parasite Eve-esque MMO, that could be some cool shit. Rolling around NY shooting up mutant lions with laser-shooting tails, gaining your own powers, huge amounts of weapons modding…

they called it the Division because only a fraction of the people who bought it still play it.

Hopefully Overwatch is next.

all of the console players will leave if they haven't already but Blizzdrones are concentrated on PC if a few million of them can still delude themselves into playing WoW and that card game then I can't see Overwatching dieing anytime soon.

Beautiful.

It's the best thing Ubishit has done since Blood Dragon and it has qt females.

Isn't this game supposedly so bad that it made Destiny look appealing?

That looks surprisingly fun . Honestly, we should have more games that are about doing normal daily things like this, with the ability for players to enforce rules and laws, kinda like good old GMod's RP servers. Certainly adds to the immersion.

Art imitates life.

If that were the case a nigger wouldn't be a l33t haxxor, since that actually requires some amount of intelligence.

/thread

Couldn't they have gotten an Indian protagonist or an Asian instead then instead of script kiddies?

Curryniggers are no better, the only reason they get hired is that they're cheap as shit.

Companies always have to call in a white or Asian dude afterwards to clean up the steaming pile of shit coding they leave behind.

That's news to me.

It's England simulator 2016.
We love a good queue over here.

You also love fucking up every major Euro and World cup.

:^)

Overwatch has dropped 2 million-ish people since release.

I swear to Christ that's all this shit is now, unfinished crappy MP games that get shilled to hell because fucking everyone is paid to advertise stuff now, are mega popular for a few months and then they die off totally.

It's as much of a talent as it is a national passtime

it's been like this for well over a decade. the landscape just feels more barren because there's practically nothing else interim. at least back then you could maybe say that overhyped garbage everyone forgets about accounts for maybe half of all releases rather than everything.

Marketing and (manufactured) hype sells games.

Don't give an Englishman cheap beer. They'll turn into gremlins.

It has female operators.

BUT

said females are kinda hot.

It sold. They already have the money. Does it matter now?

That's about the only thing that sells them anymore. Not like most of the industry is bothering making games you'd want to actually play.

It seems they're actually selling bragging rights to "lol im so nerdy XD" faggots than bothering making an actual product.

All I get from these images is that the developers were trying really, really hard to avoid "objectifying" the females.

Didn't this game release at $60 with $30 season pass? Why the huge price drop? And what's even in the Season Pass?

Because they put the chicks in "normal' clothing? You're just too use to vidya whores wearing skin tight leather and cleavage.

No, I'm trained to smell Marxism.

That's just shit on your lip.

Nothing. Literally nothing

All future content maps and characters are free

All the season pass did was give people new operators a week early and you dont have to grind for them.

The game is $15 becasue people especially here kept saying it was a fun game but they wouldnt pay $60 for it.

There is also a cheaper version of the game called starter edition that costs 15 € and has all the shit in the base game. But you'll need to grind alot more to unlock ingame shit (extra operators, new guns etc etc).

So it's pay to not grind?

On the contrary if you are not making an "action" game you would and should make an interactable only interactable by one player. And I can see devs and qa being stupid enough to make last activator kick the current activator.

Basically it also has a cosmetic cash shop where you could grind for skins/hats or pay cash for them.

Its not the best but atleast the game doesnt have chance boxes

Ok. but what's the point to the operators? Are they just skins or do they have their own abilities that make it unbalanced for noobs?

I've legitimately been interested in this game since release but ubishit's name on it has kept me away.

This. The jews won.

So what? They still bought the game. Ubisoft is swimming in cash. And a good number of those plebs will come back when an expansion hits

New York is cold in the wintertime, you dickless wonder.

Each operator has certain gadgets.

The game is focused on CQC aspects of attacking and defending.

Defenders get shit like portable shields,barbed wire,and are able to reinforce walls to broken from breaching

Watch these inside rainbow videos to understand.

Probably because Siege, despite it's faults, is fairly functional and is much more straight forward to develop for then The Division.

As for political stuff, having domestic terrorists(read white people) suicide bombing to avoid getting flak for using muslims.
Some people complain about female operators, but they've been in Rainbow Six games for quite some time.

But I'm sure Hell will be warm for you, you kike.

The "White Masks" barely have any backstory. They seem to be a global terrorist organization like Cobra yet they all use L85s.

Ubisoft is basically Marvel tier now.

The Division was Ubisoft's Destiny.

Plainclothes operator, it's a thing

Jewbisoft for Most Pozzed Game-making Company? I can think of only one contender to that title and that is Bioware.

My soldier is standing at attention and ready for action.

Designated shitting servers?

Ubisoft tend to be a low burn, while BioWare pretty much vomits all the cum they've gulped down right in your face.

But yeah, they're currently the most pozzed of the big companies out there.

Pretty much. Corporations circumvent labor laws by putting out bogus job ads that no native (white) can or will apply to, so they can then wring their little Jew hands and show the government that no cracka wants to work, so they go and hire the curryniggers on the cheap.

Explain?

Can you find anything Ubisoft has done that can top this?

I've seen a decline on The division on ps4 also seen some of the same highs and lows of siege but now it seems like the normalfags has gone over to overwatch.

By comparison, does anyone know what the numbers for Squad are like?

get the fuck out and never come back