Mmorpg Thread

I know there are some a ons here are always hopelessly looking for a Mmorpg to play, and after two weeks of autism.

Elder Scrolls Online and Tera are your best bets. Tht both have decent combat, good world building, and semi decent communities. Tera is free, and Elder is 18$ on G2A. You can spend up to roughly 70 hours without even thinking about the cash grab shit.
I dont know why I brought this up, but I know I see this thread twice a week.

Other urls found in this thread:

swgawakening.com/portal.php
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Wurm Unlimited has been pretty fun as well. If you faggots have any questions about the two mentioned I have play both for a month so far. If you have a single player rpg on the go, stick to that.

Elder Scrolls Online is
A PILE OF SHIT
and you know it!

don't insult me faggot!

TERA is marginally okay, if you like copy paste enemies and a lifeless bland world.

I heard ESO is less an MMO and more a watered down TES game with forced multiplayer. I don't really know what people mean by that but that's what I hear.

what was runescape like?

You could try star wars online, it's quite good these days and free to play, but it's a huge grind. If you're going to play it, play on the Empire side, the Rebellion Jedi are far too self-righteous, their story is incredibly boring.

Elder Scrolls online, mostly fetch quests but it does have a good pvp, i'll give it that, massive battles and siege battles. But you'll need to level up to max to make any sort of impact.

Star trek online is free, and for the most part it's ok, if you like trek i would recommend it, otherwise avoid, it gets really repetitive around the 5-10 hour mark.

Personally I'm waiting with hope that WoW will do something with legacy servers, there is hope out there. Vid related.

ESO is a console game. With every piece of baggage that entails.

Tera is how WoW is now; no reason to ever interact with other players beyond dungeons.

Ironically, Vanilla WoW and perhaps TBC still manage to be the only (traditional) MMO around that actively encourages you to play with other players, to interact with them whenever you can, and so they are still the best.
Maybe I should give EVE a try, since the game is almost nothing but player interaction, which is all I care about in MMOs.

pic related is NeverPlayTBC's opening minutes.

Final Fantasy 11

there's still Everquest, which requires way more teamwork and coordination that WoW ever did.

GET IN HERE FAGGOTS

swgawakening.com/portal.php

I feel bad for TERA, especially remember the hype it generated years ago before release. It's still one of the most popular MMOs around but still. Same with AION.

that's a name I haven't heard in years.

I still can't find a game like RF Online. It had its problems, sure but the chip wars and soundtrack and so many other things about it. Too much CS P2W faggotry killed it.

What the fuck is wrong with you Shillfag.

I am having fun with ESO, cause I am not pretending mmorpgs were ever amazing or something that it isnt. I might start up WoW vanilla, are there any good private servers anymore? I didnt follow nost at all.

try Kronos.

You're implying it has JTL. I cannot find info confirming this. Does it have JTL? if so I know what I'm doing today.

Can't forget Age of Conan. That was one of the games that was hyped up to be "The WoW killer" that ended up falling on its face.

Obligatory shill for this game.

Biggest issue is that outside of summers, updates occur at a snail's pace, and will probably only get slower once the rest of the original game's features are implemented. Also contains a fair amount of grinding if you intend to "complete" the game. Although that's to be expected due to the genre.

Kronos.

It's been around longer than Nostalrius if I've heard right. It works decently, but be warned that the ping is high, but that it might be fixed soon because of a hardware upgrade

So you're playing with shit because you don't know any better?
Typical bethesda consumer.

Those were actually the only SWG pics I had on hand, but it will be soon I hope

I don't classify Vindictus as an mmorpg, but the community is pretty friendly if that's something you like. Tera is ok, they keep introducing classes that don't have to try and this a lot of new content relies on don't stand in the fire mechanics rather than having mechanically difficult bosses that play like an action game. I want to recommend Black Desert, but it's only really good for sight seeing simulator and non cancerous world chat.

I don't mind playing some Vindictus with you guys