Haven't went anywhere near the channel for 2 years now. Did they ever stop getting worse?

Haven't went anywhere near the channel for 2 years now. Did they ever stop getting worse?

Other urls found in this thread:

a.tumblr.com/tumblr_o1w43x4GGX1v772mro1.mp3#_=_
twitter.com/proteus4994
archive.is/wms8N
archive.is/rS51F
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I only watched them watch video games.

no

I used to like them.

I always thought they were basically fine.

AFAIK they've kept away from making any kind of "statement" lately, so it's mostly just a channel of goony dorks laughing at idiots. Take it or leave it.

On the plus side they've managed to dishearten several spergy children from ever doing LP's again so there's that.

What do you think?

This, goons are cancer, especially the ones in gaming.

Since we're on the topic, why is there such an overlap between goons and every community centered around retro/obscure games?

Retro is a "safe" version of more obscure games today.

It implies experience like they've been gaming for a long time.

Slowbeef used to be tolerable, now he's just a faggot. Betus is still cool though.

Ironic lets plays are still cancer

nah, they've been cucks since like 2010

I would say it's because you're mostly dealing with older people who've been somewhat "nerdy, etc" for most of their lives. They would've been on the internet back when SA was big and they would've been exactly in SA's demographics. Plus a lot of people in retro game communities are in it to circlejerk about their collections and to rig prices through collusion which is behavior that is highly promoted on SA.

It all went downhill after that Dina apology or when slowbeef got married, whichever came first.

They are full SJW now.

Is Slowbeef still such a gigantic baby that the thought of people enjoying sex in any way, shape or form still sends him into a spastic fit?

Not anymore, now they take down any video by request. The BillyMC saga wouldn't happen with modern Retsupurae.

am i the only one who thinks that the 12 HOURS guy sounds like billymc

They should've never have come back from that DMCA, seems like ever since they did that porkermon video they've lost any sort of comedic edge and just go after easy targets. No idea what it's like now and i don't want to find out.

In semi-related news, I only just discovered that Chip Cheezum is, in part, responsible for this mediocre-looking trash.

He's exaggerating the hell out of that, he doesn't do any actual game development, he's just some asshole who edits the videos for the youtube channel

this guy is really fucking annoying.

So he's one step up from being an intern? I expected more from someone described as a "man of game development".

I'll just take your word for it. They're barely relevant now and were barely relevant in their "heyday" if it can even be called that. Whether they are or aren't SJWs doesn't matter because they don't matter.

I unsubscribed to them around the end of 2014, basically they had only done rips of games they had other people play for them just for them to watch and crack stupid fucking jokes.

One of the huge red flags for me on their path to becoming SJWs was listening to them talk about how sexist some live action game was because the protagonist was a scantily clad women, but when she met one of the antagonists in the game they called the antagonist a fedora wearing redpill MRA loser who hates women because of a line the antagonist used that the scantily clad woman should get dressed. They insulted a character whose purpose was to point out the game objectifies women while at the same time insulting the game for objectifying women.

I remember when they talked about pewdiepie in one of their very early podcasts, and all they had to say about him was that he says the word rape alot, and that's offensive or whatever.

I still watch them from time to time. I haven't unsubbed because I wait for another Cobra or Terrible Sequel Headaches. There's been a few games that have been pretty fun. I've really laughed at this particular video. I know my taste is shit but this is fun.

return to cuckchan faggot

is this another one of those genre-pulled-out-of-ass Overwatch things?

SJW faggots

Also lowtax ended up the loser we all knew he'd be

rightfully so

Restuprae is fun to watch most of the time, I don't share all of their views but I don't believe a few disagreements means that they've become irredeemable shit.

I personally think Holla Forums is far to partisan for it's own good and needs to learn that there are other viewpoints and that no one will ever agree with you 100%

This.

But honestly if anything Retsuprae is mediocre at best. Diabeetus' commentaries on Super Mario Galaxy 2 is top tier if you need something to listen to.

Not really, cuckbeef now does streams with her wife, does videos about kickstarters and the whole thing is about as far away from the original concept as it can possibly be. diabetus is still entertaining, but he picks the dullest games to make jokey videos about.
They desperately need to go back to making fun of terrible let's plays and get proteus back on board.

Not so much his guests though. Especially people like voidburger.

Remember proteus basically saying on his twitter that he'll never come back to retsupurae because his brand of humor is too triggering for their demographic.

Oh it's much, much worse than that. Much worse.
Much, much worse.
He just streams with some hired faggot on the volition twitch channel and it's the most awkward thing to watch since the nostalgia critic.
I just want another goddamn saints row, Volition. I never asked for this.

They don't play them, they watch other people play them. So it's like watching someone watch someone else play something.

is he still best friends with that diaper fetish trainwreck?

heh

Aside from twitter bullshit and yt harassment part they didn't really get worse. But my problem with them and a ton of other ecelebs really, including people like gayburps, vinesauce vinny, reds and joel that they are clinically retarded. Their gameplay footage is fucking infuriating sometimes, because they can't fucking grasp the simplest of things they are being asked for and then they base their opinion of a game on their own ignorance. Its almost dsp's tier of retardation, and its quite ironic, since they've picked on him.
On the other hand there is a classic game room, Mark's inability to comprehend things fast enough should be infuriating especially since he has spent so much time with videogames(at least 15 years), but never did it felt like this drawback has affected the contents quality.

Chip Cheezum used to make really good walkthroughs and really put a lot of time, work and passion into explaining anything and everything going on in the games. He was my fav lp-er of shit I'd not try. That being said:

I guess goons just used to bait people in with content that no one else was providing at the same rate or quality at the time and never really improved on that because, let's face it, they're still goons.

Always has been. The only difference between old Slowbeef and the new one is that the older one liked to make fun of less popular autists.

Lowtax openly stated that he has completely washed his hands of Shmorky. Even going as far as blaming him for making his fiance go crazy.

Trannies, not even once. Also, here's the audio of them fighting, plenty of cringe worthy material for you to enjoy.
a.tumblr.com/tumblr_o1w43x4GGX1v772mro1.mp3#_=_

Try rewatching their older shit sometime.

They were never good and in fact did many of the things they bitched about faggots doing themselves.

Retsupurae was basically them posturing "SA LPs GOOD, YOUTUBE LPSs BAD" right from the start.

And SANIC 2006 has a ton of "ripoffs" now that generally does the same thing better, like basically EVERYONE did it.

And why would you give a shit about it now?

Oh wait

Smorky used to look just like a pedophile, did you know he's a diaper furry as well as a degenerate tranny? And that he was such a huge faggot even Lowtax thought it was too much?

I always thought Retspurae were cunts. The videos they dredge up could be genuinely amusing, but their commentary generally just consisted of "lol this guy's so dumb". Nothing witty about it.

I always thought they were complete cocks. It takes a lot of courage for some people to make videos and commit them to youtube and these fucking goon faggots hunt down their videos to go "HURR HURR HURR IT'S SHIT CAMSTUDIO WATERMARK XD". Some of these poor little sods are obviously like 9 years old and don't know what the fuck they're doing.

Then they have the fucking gall to tell their own viewership to not go to the videos they link and shit on the owner of the channel like they just did.

To be fair, there's only so many ways you can make a joke about a low-quality LP. Like, how many different jokes can you make about a guy pointing a camera at his screen? There was only one of those in recent memory (recent being like three years ago I think) that was actually entertaining, and that was due to the camera's zoom being broken and very slowly zooming in all the way, which the LPer would fix briefly only to have it start zooming in again at random. And that was only entertaining because it was different. A lot of their LP mockery was (and probably still is) hit and miss.

I always enjoyed the Navigatr vids the most, because they were just so weird there was plenty of material to riff on. The Ambition series was also excellent, probably the last series of theirs worth watching. Some of the Kickstarter vids were alright too, but eh.

I honestly just realized after seeing this thread that I hadn't even thought about going to their channel in like two years. That probably speaks for itself.

ugly cuck manlets.

I always thought them shitting on kids was a low blow, but they usually just did complete spergs. Either way, they stopped doing it since they became socially aware or some horse shit. There was also that one instance where TB, despite being a chode at times, wanted to help out a charity he was a big part of and retweeted some event for it where the event organizer and the whole retsuprey crew shat on him since he was some huge bigot that triggered them or something and they shit talked about how dare he think he is good enough to donate money to a charity.

I disagree with you here - if you submit content to YouTube, you're making it fair game to be criticized and talked about. No one is twisting the arms of these wee fags to make their shit videos, and no one should feel bad for rating them on their merits alone. There shouldn't be a protected class of people that fall into arbitrary categories tat mean you're not allowed to anything nasty about them.

their new-ish Watch Dogs LP was fucking golden though

Voidburger was pretty much the biggest reason that I couldn't stand Chip anymore.

I think the time I gave up on that lot entirely was when voidburger joined in on the shitstorm of crucifying TB for retweeting a charity stream because she viewed it as him trying to bring harassment, and I'm pretty sure Chip even retweeted some of her stuff during then too.

They are all garbage.

Didn't Diabeetus shit all over Slowbeef for whining about dose fukkin ebul misogynerds on Twitter instead of raising his child or anything else actually productive?

I don't remember him shitting on slowbeef, but as far I know Diabetus always tried his best to stay out of all of that shit. I haven't seen his stuff in a good while, but I always liked the dude.

Slowbeef is an unbearable faggot though. Remember those "video game psychologist" videos? Fucking hell, that was some of the most cringeworthy shit they've ever had on that channel, and that includes any of the videos they have commented over.

Honestly i wouldn't be surprised if it came out that slowbeef has to pay diabeetus to stay on retsupurae.

Voidburgers biggest flaw right out the gate is she puts Betas on guard and full Whithe Knight mode which kills the lighthearted bantz, it is especially noticeable since she whored out to every fucking LP being made that allowed for guests for like 2 years in a row, "Guest: Voidburger" always means a bad part regardless of the LP.

From what i seen with her anyway.

IIRC she also is also the kind who starts interupting the LPer to keep speaking about irrelevant shit when the LPer is clearly trying to explain something about the action going on.

I think someone made a "Critique" video of the other, but i think it was Slowbeef that made one of Beetus actually.

Women ruin everything, nothing new there.

And I'm not even channeling my inner /r9k/, it's just what always happens when a female joins a previously male environment. A community focused on cooperation suddenly turns into a competition to garner the most attention from the attention whore (just as was her goal when she joined in).

The "no girls on the internet" is a golden rule everyone should stick to.

If a grown 30-to-40 year old can scream "THIS GUY IS GARBAGE" at a 9 year old's video then I'm allowed to think that 30-to-40 year old is a pathetic manchild.

That's because Mark is a cool dude, and if gameplay he records is exceptionally terrible he usually says something like
And then laughs.
He's basically the western equivalent to Arino, or would Arino be the eastern equivalent to him? Some older guy who by all accounts should be good at video games, but is actually pretty terrible, but still enjoys playing them, and as such is enjoyable to watch.
He's a fun guy in general, considering he can still review potato chips and make it entertaining.

The guys you list are the kind of people who think there's something wrong with the game itself and just like to bitch about things.

At least we can still remember the time they did the Ambition series.

AMAAAAAAAZIIIIIIIIIIIING GRAaAaAaAaAaAaAaAaCE

Hi Chip how's VB pegging doing it for you?

Also reminder that his faggot cohost really really wanted all the bad guys to be straight white males so he could pat himself on the back for being so enlightened.

She's just a bore. Not even a snarky cunt like some other goons, she's just there to be the vagina of the group and have anything she does be like "haha I did this as a woman isn't it cool".

But here's the thing, that shit has no place on Retsupurae. Old RP was pretty much riffing off of the random autist spawn of SomethingAwful and various youtube miniature personas making the most awful videos on the planet. It was really cathartic and made sense even though the RP guys were as bad as the people they were making fun of. Then they realized they were hurting too many feefees and went ahead riffing off of other people's games, which I don't think really works that well, since you're laughing at the silly stuff from the game, not at the two bumbling morons laughing at the things you're also seeing. You don't need their input, basically. Besides, most of their commentary on the vidya were random huh oh, eh? What? What just happened? While back on the RPs they demolished the youtubers.

Arino isn't really bad at games, fans and directors are just sadistic enough to hand him all the shit and/or difficult ones.

He did a good job playing shit like Act Raiser and Lode Runner.

>comparing people goons that paid 10bux to post on an internet forum to Arino
i knew this thread was going to be shit , but i had no idea how shit it could really get

Is there a channel that just talks about video games and has some nice trivia about the video game like technology behind it, history and stuff like that?
LPs are balls. I don't see how anyone can like those.

I would suggest matthewmatosis.
The guy puts out some informative videos, but sadly (or rather luckily) he updates infrequently

MatthewMatosis is pretty much exactly what you're asking for.
Unfortunately, the list ends there. There is nobody else.

I was more or less thinking Game Sack but for a single game per video instead of multiple ones. And less shit taste

You generally have to search out this kind of shit manually.

But matthewmatosis is pretty good, but barely updates ever. Quality over Quantity with him.

I also kinda like SomeCallMeJohnny, but he is s Sonic fanboy, with the Autism and Cringe that follows in his early videos, though he chilled out tremendously, then again, i haven't checked his shit recently, but the basically start as Reviews with shitty skits and turn into more general rundowns of games, usually via monthly themes. "Month of Mario" and the like.

Was proteus the guy making a bunch of anti-PC jokes around the time GG started?

I can't watch any of his stuff. I fell out of GG long ago, but people on the anti side; I lost all respect for.

Pretty much this. It's odd. I went from not liking TB to liking him. Even if he's a bit hugboxy sometimes. He's also a brit, so I already don't care about his opinions on US politics.

Good ol' Billymc, he is that kind of loveable autist that you just can't never get mad at, wish most autists were like that.

How can anyone hate him, he and his queer friend play NES Pinball games with the same excitement of someone who just won the regional lottery.

Watching his modern videos helped to cement any sort of doubt I had in RP not being shit. Almost every video he has his dumb excitement over everything and it's rather heartwarming compared to two guys past their peak bitching about an autist not playing Mario good.

Probably. Proteus doesn't seem even remotely interested in towing the goon party line anywhere, if he wants to make anti-PC comments I highly doubt GG would change his mind.

Who is this Proteus? I used to know a guy online a decade ago who used to go by a similar name

This is pretty much it.

I found these guys when they were already not riffing on other people's uploads and commenting on Flash shit like Arrival in Hell, sure, fair, then they started doing obscure stuff like PC-Engine games where you laugh at the game, not them, so just looking for obscure shit to get some laughs out of the game's innate siliness rather than have to drown out someone's comments in them is much preferable.

No idea who he is. I just know some Goon around that time ( and before I guess) liked making the type of jokes most Goons hate. And was very un-PC about things.

He was a frequent commentator in 2006 - 07 RP videos.

Proteus was an old retsupurae/webcam ward fag
twitter.com/proteus4994
that's his twitter
rare slowbeef unrelated

Even now there is hope. I'm glad he didn't become some sjw slut.

"Actually it's about quality in video Let's Plays" was the gift that kept on giving

Seems like a cool guy.

What the fuck ever happened to Dave-O?

Last i heard of the guy he was doing fucking minecraft videos on youtube.

last time I saw anything from him it was minecraft videos
of all things

you mean this one? :^)

Dave-O, my nigga, what happened to you?

It's ironic that GCCX is subbed by 10bux cucks

I DEMAND AN EXPLANATION FOR THIS SHIT.

Mark is a goon?

man, Leon Kennedy really let himself go.

even better, he's moved on to twitch gaming, so now he justs plays all the new indie/aaa releases.

What the fuck are you talking about?
Do you have a clue who Mark is?

I guess that's the problem, those who defend them are the people who kinda sorta watched it from the start at this point.

Game Sack, Lazy Game Reviews

hah. I bet he's still a good goon and would defend this kind of mentally ill shit. until it burns him again. and again.

Is that spongebob and sandy fighting?

Oh fuck you, go watch some of those. They made videos filmed with a camera, sometimes it was hard to tell what was actually going on on screen. They recorded emulators running at -3 FPS, savestating games on video, had the mouse cursor right on the screen. Some of those were unbearably bad and deserved to be mocked.

Man. ill be honest. These guys were the first people i subbed to back in 07.

Even though they are goons they still brought me so many laughs.

Diabeetus is still a funny guy.
Slowbeef is and has never been funny. He's like a hanger on.

Holy shit wait…that's Shmorky's actual voice? Goddamn, I'd only seen a few videos with him, I thought it was fake. Jesus H. Christ

I wish Chip wasn't surrounded by cucks, I'm sure he's a liberal faggot but the guy can be funny and puts lots of effort into his LPs.

I watched a lot of SA LP'ers back in the day, but after a while I started to see how shit they were. Only a select few of them still remain decent or made the right choice to quit while in their prime.
Diabeetus and Slowbeef just became cancer.
Voidburger's Silent Hill 1 LP was decent, the rest was pure shit.
Proteus and Suspicious Daikatana was pretty good, don't know what the fuck they're doing right now, but when they did solo LPs it was garbage.
ChipCheezum still does some great quality LPs, but he's slowly turning into shit thanks to leftism.
Runbutton was pretty good as a background noise for a while until one of them came out as panssexual.

Supergreatfriend is still the only one who still keeps doing quality stuff and remains completely apolitical, I really enjoy his stuff since he always plays unknown unpopular weird games .

Freelance Astronauts were awesome as well because they legitimately didn't give a shit.

Forgot about those fucks, they were pretty good also.

Here, here. It's uncanny how much garbage gets released on xbox indie games, greenlight and the ouya.

That's because you know nothing about them, they took a shit on goons all the time.

If you're too weakskinned to be made fun of on the internet, you need to get out.

Boy, have I got a treat for you. The real meat starts about four and a half minutes in.

in fact the very first retsupurae was slowbeef and not diabeetus shitting on a goon who tried to do a SMB3 LP

no

Is this real?

Since this may likely be the only chance to ever ask this shit, what do anons think of raocow?

The guy seems to pretty much keep to himself in his own little world, and his videos are breddy gud even if he rambles on at times more-so than Christopher Walken on crack. So dunno really what others think of him outside of his usual Talkhaus hidey hole.

I used to watch more of raocow, kind of tired of seeing just SMW romhacks and Distorted Travesty has been going for way too long. I enjoy his stuff from time to time though.
Isocitration is a similar person I like to watch though. He made a great La-Mulana LP, very entertaining. He went in blind but he edits all his videos and cuts out most filler so it's not tedious.

Who?

WHY DO YOU PEOPLE KNOW THESE PEOPLE?

He used to be fuckin lowtax's (figurative and possibly literal) fuckbuddy, He'd be in all of loxtaxes LP's, and when it came out that shmorky was a diaperfur and he was denying it, lowtax would ban anyone who dared to question shmorky.

The problem with Restuprae and more specifically Slowbeef is he became the very thing he mocked. I noticed it during his first dark souls playthrough but all the stuff he was doing was what he was bitching out DSP for doing. Now he's filling his channel with stream videos that aren't really that good.

Wish he'd just commit to the Policenauts LP but even now I have my doubts that it would be good.

That guy is the unsung hero of Let's Plays.

Can I get some background on the audio?

shmorky is fighting with his cluster-b personality disorder fiance while she's having a psychotic break

he recorded it and put it up on twitter for sympathy dollars

I'm just going to take this thread and talk about SA shit for a little bit.

Boatmurdered is the only decent thing I ever saw SA put out, and that becomes shit after the third guy gives up the town.

But now SA is pretty much dead, even outside of SA. The big Goon claim to fame was EVE Online, where they controlled most of Northern Space. Now, World War Bee happened, where dozens of groups joined together to fight the Goons, and now the Goons don't hold any land at all. None. They lost everything. Of course, they immediately started going off about how they never needed that land anyways, it was only a hassle, and that they were winning, but you know it isn't true.

SomethingAwful (And similarly, NeoGAF, also being an exclusive forum full of retards) have lost all relevance.

Oh god I finally know the context

Man, this is great. Too bad he's camera shy or whatever.

Raocow was one of the old goons that moved over to YouTube, then his own site for forums (I think?), and he's entertaining and chill. Though you have to be ok with non-sequitar humor.

I'm still not sure what I expected, but it wasn't this.

Is… is there more? It just abruptly ended and that was oddly satisfying to hear.

Since we're already talking about youtubers, what did you guys think about kilga and usuallydead? Kilga's videos were pretty fun as far as I remember; wish he finished those extra Super Marisa World videos. Usuallydead also made some good videos, but he's hard to tolerate now.

Hideofbeast was also pretty good. His commentary was strictly about the game and he was actually good at what he played.

They were never ever funny.

SA hasn't been relevant since 2006.

that fucking voice can't be real

It's not, he just puts it on so he can feel gender fluid or whatever it's called

lazy game reviews
gaming historian

Jesus he sounds like fucking Spongebob

Spida1a if you want to learn about the turbo grafx.

Game Sack
Gaming Historian
Guru Larry
My Life in Gaming
Examind Life of Gaming
Razorfist, though he can be a massive fag at times.

I don't know, I like yahtzee and his fat boyfriend.

the only relevance that SA has is translating GCCX, and i think those guys generally do their own thing away from the website itself

Awww, did someone hurt your feelings because you uploaded a shitty video?

What was the guy who did that Sonic LP where he just made up a bunch of stuff. It was fantastic. He also did a weird lp of that bible animal racer.

My man.

Listening to them while doing some other work is comfy as fuck.

I haven't watched Supergreatfriend in a while, so it's good to hear he hasn't gotten mixed up in any of that shit.

You poor thing…
archive.is/wms8N
He's linking to this
archive.is/rS51F
keep licking that Goon boots

I-I don't get it, I only watched gamergate casually but, I honestly don't understand what is supposed to be funny. Am I just retarded? yesIs this supposed to be one of anti-gamergate's leet punz?
What the fuck is this? How is "Actually it is about ethics in journalism" supposed to be a hilarious one liner?

Well, shit. At least he doesn't use his videos as a platform for his political views.

The SJWs have this idea that GOOBERGAYTERS just claim it to be about Ethics as a excuse to "harass".

So they make comics with villains acting like saying it makes what they do is okay.

Oh, okay, thanks for clearing that up for me man.
Wait a minute, so these people are being serious when they said that that meme is funny?

What is the context of this?

MY FUCKING SIDES

Shmorky's crazy bipolar (now ex) girlfriend accused Lowtax of pedophilia on twitter or some shit.
That's the aftermath of that

That's just Goon mentality, why do you think they still harp on about furries and juggalos when everyone stopped ten years ago?

The only good goon is MikeKob. Hell even then I would't be surprised if he turned out to be a faggot.

source?