Cyanide has released a new Call of Cthulhu trailer. Thoughts?

Cyanide has released a new Call of Cthulhu trailer. Thoughts?

Also, Call of Cthulhu thread.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Focus_Home_Interactive
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Doesn't show anything user. I wish trailers would show actual gameplay.

Fun fact: the author of the original Call of Cthulhu RPG, Sandy Petersen, also worked on Doom, Doom 2, Quake, and Age of Empires as a level designer and programmer.

He has nothing to do with this game, though. Sandy makes board games now.

> Wololo confirmed Cthulhu speak

bloodborne already did it better

Isn't Sandy Petersen a hardcore Christian? I wonder how he managed to reconcile that in his head.

Aren't his levels in id games the most hated ones?

Cyanide are a bunch of high level /tg/ autists that have been wanting to make a Cthulhu game for over a decade.

On the other hand while their RPG have all redeeming quality, they're also unfixable mess, with major issues…

ok.. good start. i just hope it doesnt turn into a jump scare fest. … uh who am i kidding.

This quote is from Lovecraft, not the developers.

wow, its fucking nothing

I really pray that this game don't turn into a shitty walking simulator with hide n seek mechanics.

But I'm getting this "Amnesia" feeling from it.

No one cares about it anymore, do they?

Agreed. Trailers with no gameplay suck. I presume those were at least in-game assets.

I got this Alone in the Dark vibe from it.

could be good

Didn't the devs of the first game get taken in a hostile takeover by Bethesda? like pic related but successfully? I wouldn't touch the game with a 39.5 ft pole if it's published by Bethesda.

I hope you are right Alone in the Dark has actual gameplay into it.

No, Cyanide made games like Blood Bowl and Styx. The publisher will be Focus Home Interactive.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Focus_Home_Interactive

Well amnesia is just a rip off of call of cthulhu. Same with that gamecube game i cant remember for some reason.

Eternal Darkness, ye

Eternal Darkness released 3 years before Call of Cthulhu.

He's a Mormon, yeah. But he never seems to bring it up, and seems to be one of those Christians who can separate fantasy from the fantasy they worship.

His next board game is (most likely) about the Book of Revelations. Gonna be great.

I hope they don't give you an OP alien gun by the end. That ruined dark corners for me.

Guns in general ruined DCotE for me.

Oh deus kek why don't you smite the summerfags?

The original amnesia would've been scarier with the monsters didn't fucking despawn when they kill you.

I liked that Ammunition was scarce.

If you can grab random blunt objects, like lamps and baseball bats over going in Rambo. I wouldn't mind weapons.

Fuck outta here.

Maybe. But as soon as guns were introduced the game lost what I loved about it. I was hoping for a detective game with you running the fuck away from things you couldn't hope to fight.

The whole direction after kinda fell from what it started out as.

Do fa/tg/uys like Petersen? Are the board games he makes high-quality?

I'm referring to the horror video game you doorknob.

I would say that he's got a cult following. His first game, Cthulhu Wars, is my second favorite board game, out of several hundred that I've played. Cthulhu Wars has a big following, but it's not for everyone, and the price tag is insane.

Cthulhu Wars is the only game of his that is currently out, but he's got a bunch in the pipeline; Theomachy, Orcs Must Die the Boardgame, and soon Glorantha: The Gods' War is hitting kickstarter.

i want something where you're a kind of crippled detective or old man. But you have a assistant/henchman/bodyguard that will do the fighting for you. Or maybe a team of guys that you need to order around wisely or you'll lose them by the end of the game.

The original devs were a different studio, but that was their story, yeah. See here: Note this Call of Cthulhu appearing at the end of that story, by the way.

"Call of Cthulhu" might as well be a codeword for pseudo-Lovecraft tentacles and spooky monsters bullshit at this point.

Could be Worst

No user, that would be "Lovecraft Lite".

Referencing Cthulhu as a defining Lovecraft "thing" is a sure way to spot someone who's only exposure to Lovercraft's work is through pop-culture osmosis, or much rarer a Derleth fan. CoC RPG gets a pass for being old as balls.

This game seems to be riding on the recognizable name while delivering a modern horror "game" devoid of gameplay. I could be wrong, but I'm not optimistic.

Are there 10 hours left or what?

Just give me In The Mountains of Madness. Have it narrated as I do things (like Bastion) that captures Lovecraft's writing style. Make it about tension and the implication of what I'm finding, not lolmonsters.

Or if that's too much to ask: The Dunwich Horror. That'd be easy to translate into a videogame.