Nintendo E3 Surprise "Direct"

Alright Holla Forums. I'm here to give you the scoop on Nintendos E3 this year. The REAL scoop. You can believe it or not, you're gonna see that its the truth in a few days anyways.

There is going to be a surprise direct at about halfway into the Treehouse Live event. It's not an E3 "show", but it is in a similar format to Nintendo's regular directs just without as much dialogue from the presenters, and they're going to reveal a couple of titles that haven't been seen before.

The first title that they're going to tease is the game that ties Federation Force into the Metroid games, titled only Metroid Prime 4 at the moment. The trailer doesn't show any gameplay and is more of a teaser really, probably because it's an NX title(though this isn't mentioned). There will also be an announcement for a traditional 2D style "companion" game, although your guess is as good as mine as to what that means. After Metroid, there is another plug for Zelda, skewing a new trailer, nothing too crazy. To close there is a very brief tease for an untitled game where the camera kind of pans down and around a futuristic city and comes to rest next to a suspended road, when a bunch of vehicles start flying past and you get the year 2018 as presumably a release date and simply "F-Zero" underneath it.

I don't know whether the Treehouse folks are going to talk more in depth(though i suspect they will have been given talking points to cover) or if developers will come out/gameplay will be shown, but all the trailers are new, they won't be shown in other parts of the show.

Then theyre going to reveal the NX Price

Do you have any proof of any of this?

This is the epitome of bait and Nintentoddlers will fall for it.

Not anything that wouldn't cost me my job. Just wait a few days and you'll see it, not like this is something that won't be shown for months.

quit larping you faggot

Do you have proof that you work at Nintendo or at the E3 venue? I trust you, but I need verification first.

So the surprise is the show within a show about non-surprising games that are coming?

Honestly, if Nintendo didn't hire prostitutes I wouldn't even know they still were in business.

You're an evil man user. But god bless your dick move.

Thread's not going to last that long and nobody cares enough to make a new one calling you a faggot for lying. You have to stick your neck out a bit and have some kind of evidence for anyone to believe you nowadays. I personally don't care either way, sounds really underwhelming.

I don't have anything I can actually show you, but I work at NoA (cancer etc). I would be very surprised if anyone at the venues management knew anything about the reel. It's going to be live broadcast(pre recorded obviously), but you'll also be able to watch it on screens near the Treehouse area at the venue. It won't be announced until just before the reveal as a surprise to get people to come to the Nintendo area.

This is also why you won't see the information in the press packet.

If you're not lying use a tripcode and save it so we know you're not full of shit in the future

Damn, do you know my uncle?
He told me he heard that thete was a mecha game in the works, maybe Custom Robo?

You didn't even try to make it believable.

Didn't NoE tease something about Mario Kart on Twitter or somethin? What ever happened to that?

Nobody here cares about Nintendo anymore. This pasta would work better on halfchan

You don't even have like a Nintendo employee exclusive item to prove anything? Or like a badge or something?

Either a new DLC pack or NX port.
But since they don't want to show anything about the NX on E3 it's safer to assume that some new DLC for it is coming.

Do you really think someone might just go on the Internet and tell lies?

and its fake
I already lost any hope I had.
Nintendo is too retarded to do something good and even if it happens NoA is going to fuck it up.

I want to believe

I don't really believe this, but I think the more likely scenario will simply be Nintendo doing a direct right before the treehouse stream.

Show a couple of things coming to the wii U and 3DS and just move onto a big Zelda trailer that goes into the treehouse stream.

And what they'd show would just amount to Fire emblem and Federation force. If we're lucky that tease NoE did about Mario Kart will mean one final DLC pack. But I won't hold my breath on that.

OP, What do you think about XCX coming out on NX? I noticed the version number ends in U and it makes me think that it's the Wii U version and there's another version out there for another platform.

It's just gonna be more zelda and mario this year.

What do I think about it? As in do I like the idea? I'm not too interested in the series and it's just not my area so I don't know much about it. Sorry.

Since it's becoming relevant.

I am iwatas ghost and i can confirm that you are full of shit. There will be a nintendo direct a month after e3 cap this its real.

Nintendo is the laziest bunch of assholes on the planet and has now abandoned any new development of titles that aren't mobile f2p garbage or Mario rehashes. I suggest going for something more credible next.

quit larping you faggot

THEY'RE GOING TO FUCK UP F-ZERO LIKE STAR FOX, MY UNCLE'S COUSIN WORKS AT NINTENDO.

kill yourself

Come on, it's E3, it's part of the fun.

You're saying we have to believe that:
0/10, your a faggot

Hey, a DICE and EA fag were on here a few days ago spilling the beans on how shit Mirror's Edge Cata is.

DELETE THIS!!!!
Jesus Christ, Kevin! I told you not to tell anyone!!! If this gets back to Reggie, I'm gonna lose my goddamn job!

Thats it Bill I'e had enough of your shit. First you eat all of Reggies doughnuts and now this? You're through!

Confirmed fake.

Dunno if they were telling the truth or not.

Guys, my dad works at Nintendo and he told me that YOU NEED TO CHECK MY DUBS

got you covered.

Do you happen to have an archive or screencaps?

you actually missed that user? That thread was around for a good few days.

Just goes to show how little I give a shit about Mirror's Edge Catastrophy

I'm just gonna roll with this. A new F Zero sounds cool.

not saying you had to like the thread. But yeah it was there. Anons in the thread still questioned the legitimacy though.

Is this the revival of The Mysterious Murasame Castle?

Nice joke m8. We all know F-Zero is dead.

So OPs a fag and sucks dick. You think part of the reason they will never EVER sell mother 3 in america is that they know treehouse will fuck it up?

Part of me is afraid that Treehouse knows how rabid the Mother fanbase is and will probably do whatever the fuck they want with Mother 3 and release it solely to cash in on Motherbux.

Well that's kind of a double edged sword isn't it? Some of the people I know that aren't secondary fans of the mother games are borderline lunatics.

Kinda. If it's found out that Treehouse ignored the Fan Translation entirely even after Tomato offered it to them, and it turns out to be even remotely as bad as Fates or #FE, I kinda want to see how bad the backlash would be. Should I download the ROM and patch and prepare to take screenshots to compare the text boxes for when Treehouse fucks it up?

Sure why not, it could be fun to watch.

DO IT!

Done. Never beaten a Mother game before, this means I'm going to have to complete it. May have to use Chuggaaconroy's let's play to fill in the blanks for when the trailer shows off footage from areas I haven't played through.

Bullshit. And no I don't believe it.

If you do that secondary bullshit I will find you.
Play the game.

I can guarantee you two things:
1) NX will have the memory crippled somehow.
Either too few, too weird or too slow but using a hard to use cache to compensate.

And 2) The nintendo games for this system will use 32Khz audio instead of 44/48Khz.
Not 32000hz like on PC, but exactly 32768hz.
Since the snes, nintendo use this exact same audio rate for all their games, even when the system supports more and have enough storage space for this making literally no difference whatsoever.
It's like if they had some superstition on this audio rate.

This man is trying to get you hyped so you can be let right the fuck down.

Oh man, if anyone believes this they deserve to be let down.

stop being a faggot.

user you didn't even make that slightly believable, fuck on out of here

Isn't DDR4 already the stadard?

they did, though it may very well have been a mistake, but I want to believe it's for a third DLC pack

Yes.
But its not crazy and bizarre enough for nintendo.

Bet they're using some effects libraries that only work with that frequency, lol.

Oh man, I'd love to see that train level but holy shit MK8 is old as fuck, I'd legitimately like to see for the next Mario Kart Nintendo release tracks and characters in annual seasons, I'd love to have a trickle of new content every 6 months for a racing game.

I'm sure AMD would practically force them to use it at this point.

Maybe, if they're at the same price they tried with the original 2 packs - it's probably the only time Nintendo did paid DLC right.

New Custom Robo when?

Not really. On Intel's side only Haswell chips require it. On AMD's side Zen will support it as well as DDR3.

That's assuming those rumors about Nintendo jumping ship to nVidia aren't true.

And they ported this library over since the N64 era to WiiU etc?
Also even their stream music is at this frequency, like the orchestra stuff etc..

AMD have a certain lil technology that is weird and bizarre enough for nintendo called HBM.
They might want to use it, but as we know, it is limited to 4GB, and nintendo could say fuck it and use anyway.

Two years isn't that old, especially since it still received DLC well into 2015

If they do add more DLC I hope they add Pac-Man

Nvidia walked out on console negotiations this gen saying the margins weren't high enough to bother. Nintendo, with their tendency toward lower-priced systems, isn't likely to change that attitude.

Explain.

Nigga that ain't Kirby. I'd be happy if both got in, though.

I feel like there's no way they will use DDR3.

As for Nintendo jumping to Nvidia? That's a possibility, but I feel they're too stubborn to let Nintendo cheap out on memory.

HBM can be more than 4GB.
Hell, HBM2 is ready to go and supports much larger storage densities. It's realistically possible to see it used, especially with a 2017 launch. Though it doesn't seem sensible for a console budget.

HBM = High Bandwidth Memory
It's pretty fucking fast because it's on the processor die.

That would be suicide though, the PS4 and Xbox One are priced similarly and have more games plus momentum, then again Nintendo does like fucking it's own shit up. If Nintendo had any brains they would make the NX $250 with a pack in game and and aim to have a big launch year in terms of titles, but this will never happen, and will especially never happen because they would need to quadruple their development teams to achieve this on a system comparable to the Xbox One.

You'd at least think they'd aim to make it consistent, I'd love to see more of their games get more post release support, Splatoon should be like TF2 was for it's first 3 years

Won't DDR3's price go up as DDR4 takes over completely and companies stop making DDR3, if Nintendo intends of having their system exist for longer than 3 years they would have to move to DDR4.

Except we were already confirmed there's gonna be a 90 minute demo of the new Zelda.

OP is a niggerfaggot.

MODS.

The stuff they used on the fury/fury X/nano cards.

Instead of using separate ic packages for the memory, you stack the memory chips directly on top of the GPU, and this allows you to do very fucking wide connections etc that allows stuff like memory running at 1TB/s (yes, Terabyte).
Also it is actually cheaper because you have to use a lot less voltage regulators, caps etc on the board as you're powering only one chip instead of nine.
But AMD right now only got up to 4GB on it.

On the long term, HBM will be cheaper than GDDR due the reasons i listed above.
And well, if you compare the nano price with cards of the same performance, you don't see any price bump.

That's pretty neat. Wouldn't it save space too? If the rumors about a console/handheld hybrid are true that would help with hand handheld part.

make it so

Nintendo are too backwards a company to do this though, they just hate doing anything well these days.

You played it up too much, might've been believable if you hadn't mentioned F-Zero.

Ded thred, Slobber all over my meaty doubles OP

I don't care. I just care about good games.

You tell me.

That's adorable

You'd think they'd at least bother with hardware, some of their previous hardware makes you think why they even have a dedicated hardware team.

This is how it compares with an card of same performance but no HBM.

Well that makes me wonder more if the NX is supposed to be a hybrid console/handheld and how good of a GPU you can stuff into a handheld. I'm assuming they wouldn't go much larger than the 3DS XL so I wonder how powerful of a chip they could put in that.

Well, the AMD GPUs aren't exactly portable friendly in terms of power consumption, which could mean Nvidia chips as the rumor states.
But Nvidia also can into HBM, but they're mostly waiting for HBM2.

as long as it was written in C or C++ it should be readily portable to any architecture.

That guy is just a console war faggot. Ignore him.

Well, from the gamecube and up it is most likely the case, as it uses a modern DSP chip.
But N64 used a really bizarre coprocessor that you had to program in asm for obvious reasons, like fitting audio AND triangle transformation code in 8KB.
(Or maybe you could switch the microcode on the fly? not entirely sure here).

They have it.
It's used for the Tesla P100.

I doubt you're supposed to, but I'm sure somebody did.

Chow it down and enjoy your Pac-Man and Kirby themed Mii racing suits unlocked with amiibo.

I'm aware, but i mean more on the "switch all cards" kind of things.

I want real pacman too, even if the outfit is nice

I will never be hyped for anything ever again.

So was it confirmed that the European version of Fates has different support dialogue or not? Or are they talking about the Euro Mirage Sessions?

Yah I'll see the truth dont worry OP

TOTALLY NOT FAKE AM I RITE GUYS?

From what happened in this thread, it seems to be both.

European version of Fates had lots of work on it to save the ship, but were forced to use the characters from the American version because they didn't had any people to manually remove the petting minigame from the Japanese version.

As for Euro Mirage Sessions, it is in a weird state, actually. Either Nintendo Europe will port it and will do a decent job on the translation, or the port will come to Sega, which is infamous for its lazy ports.