Wurm Unlimited: R.I.P Server Edition

Let's play some fucking Wurm Unlimited. The fledgling town of Brosmouth is looking for new people.
We currently have lost count on how many members we have of our village.
Best of all, it's completely free. No level restrictions, plus boosted rates compared to Wurm Online.
4x Action speed, and 4x Skill gain speed.

New client: mega.nz/#!CFhzyTwA!9iODdZa5ICE1k9xsnZ7q8oMlzoUCHGz87StMlVkOEas
Torrent Hash: 700bbcc83d0abdda15c072c7d53779becc9ffec6

BACK UP YOUR PLAYERFILES AND SMARTSTEAMEMU FOLDERS BEFORE UPDATING THE CLIENT
if you've played before you will lose your character if you don't

Auto-updater: wurmian.cloudapp.net/upd.zip

MAKE SURE TO EDIT YOUR GAMESETTINGS.TXT
YOU HAVE TO DO THIS
Wurm Unlimited\WurmLauncher\PlayerFiles\configs\default
use_nagles_algorithm from false to true
chat_censor from true to false
copy gamesettings.txt to your player profile folder just to be on the safe side

IP Address: 13.92.83.205

additional server info: wurmian.cloudapp.net/

The ma got corrupted and Brosmouth is no more
we'll decide on a new area once the server is up and running again

Give Trenhal permissions to your house so he can expand the village deed

Q: "I don't know how to play! What do I do?"
A: wurmpedia.com/index.php/Main_Page

Other urls found in this thread:

wurmian.cloudapp.net/simplemap/index.html
pastebin.com/fRzzbM6e
plotz.co.uk/
cs.rin.ru/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=62935
wurm-unlimited.com/server/40/
strawpoll.me/10459726
wurm-unlimited.com
wurm-unlimited.com/server/28/
i.imgur.com/AoyI8iO.png
wurmians.enjin.com/forum/m/36880248/viewthread/27458337-partial-server-wipe
agesofurath.com/
twitch.tv/oshieh
wurmpedia.com/index.php/Meditation
pastebin.com/Y9uneWhy
strawpoll.me/10462051
pastebin.com/sWTF5ebj
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

MAKE YOUR OWN TOWN THEN YOU FAGS, BROSMOUTH WAS FINE. ONLY NIGGERS AND IDIOTS COULDNT FIND THEIR WAY AROUND

Why don't we take this chance to get a new map entirely?

Think about, the GM's kept trying to implement PMK's, so let's just suggest they change the server type to Epic or something that actually supports PMK's by default.

The server shitting itself is the most opportune time to make a big change.

post continued from last thread because it was over limit

There's that pretty much everywhere on the map though except for water at the very middle. I've traveled from the HoTS spawn to liberty, and trust me you can live ANYWHERE and survive. You can even build a well if there's not water readily available. I think the most important thing is getting away from the spawn and finding an interesting spot with lots of space.

In the previous thread

Yeah, again. When I proposed the main roads I just wanted them so we can move into the city easy from any direction. For example, the east gate had a fucking palisade in front of it. I don't want that shit again. I'm all for chaos with anything anywhere but at least let the main roads in be clean.

Who thought this was a good idea?

you can make a crude knife

Crude knife is iron rock and rock shard

WHITES ONLY

You can make very basic tools out of sticks and stones which can be foraged for. Literally all you need are your hands.

Honestly this is one of the only selling points of having more organzied streets for me. I enjoyed the chaos/natural fort style

So, Kuja wants to move back to that island, since his small deed would still be there. And he mentioned someone else wanting to move there.

Should we just stick to our original location?

Also, I'm in favor of the main roads, but let the chaos happen in between them.

I actually agree with this. They're trying to implement things that are hard to get around with the current map. A fresh start would be cool.

organic cities a best
gridfags leave

Thanks fams. I had no idea that this existed.

If you play for any decent amount of time you can find your way around fine.

I want to become a thief, it's all I need

This, main roads are good, but chaos in between them is fine.

If we want to seriously consider a new place to settle we should pick something with lots of space and somewhat interesting terrain.

Building on both sides of the "river" down by the Portal spawn for instance would be rad as fuck.
Massive bridges connecting both sides and loadsa mountain.

We would of course have to start a Taxi service for newfriends if we were to do so.
Which would probably be a good way to purge all the normalfags.

I'm okay with this

reminder that non-grids are infinitely better but in a game where you can only go in one of the cardinal directions with roads you basically are forced to make the main roads like says

Nigga that IS a grid. Notice how few streets go against one another?

YOU ARE MY PRIORITY WHEN THE SERVER IS ANEW COME SEE ME

Id be down for the river spot if there was tar and clay nearby.

Pic related, this island is only reachable by boat, or if you swim the ford with less than 12 kilos on you. But last time I checked, there was a shark guarding that with freaking laser beams attached to his head

I know locations of Copper, Iron, and Zinc on this island as well as a source of Peat. The only problem is that Tar and Clay needs a boat to get to, and isn't very close at all. There's also Cedar, Pine, and Apple trees on the island that you can find depending on where you want to settle down.

The pink box is the nearest known source of Clay, while the teal box is the nearest known source of Tar.

for

I support having roads going in the cardinal directions
you can then build however the fuck you want next to the roads as long as you leave a space of at least 1 tile between the road and your fence or wall

Forgot pic

The server resetting would be a good opportunity to make a new profession/employment chart. Anyone seeking a different job has a great excuse to get one now.

I built my house outside the west side and there were 3 really bad paths to it. Knowing your way around is one thing, but if you have to go through an obtuse labyrinth because people build too close to each other is shit. It was made worse by the fact that there were extreme cliffs there.

literally retarded

It's as much of a grid as brosmouth was.

Grids a shit.
Main roads are okay.
Really only issue I saw with brosmouth was
NIGGERS BLOCKING THE GATES WITH THEIR SHITTY HOBO SHACKS.
If you see a gate there DON'T FUCKING BUILD RIGHT IN FRONT OF IT.

Which is the island of the chill admin who did the events, I don't want to fuck his shit up if we can avoid it

That is your problem. The west side is literally the slums.

There's a patch here.

How about a nice town square, and then disorganized chaos beyond that?

That may be necessary if some folks pussy out.

WE BUILD THERE NIGGERS. THERE IS BOTH CLAY AND TAR

Yeah the proximity of good mats is important aswell of course.

Building is the easy part. Skills are what took everyone time to attain. You can build any kind of home in a day if you have the autism.

It's the slums because people built their shit in retarded ways that blocked access. It's exactly the reason you want a main road.

We should create and use some sort of standard for road names so it is easier to find people; something a kin to streets being roughly east/west and drives being north/south. Maybe a descriptor for which quadrant the road is in too like 5th drive north would be the fifth road heading north on the eastern boulevard and -3rd street east would be the third road heading east from the southern boulevard.

It wasn't until niggers started fucking with the paths and building in retarded locations.

That river looks cool.
We could even expand to those little islands up north for the really remote villagers. It's the best of every world, it looks like.

I never said that I was against a main road. I am against a grid.

so the server is restarting?

What? I'm just saying the old chart will probably be out of date if some abandon because of the map being wiped.

Alright, fags. I'm making a clean one. Reply here with what you want to do AS A SERVICE TO OTHER PEOPLE.

SERVICE PROVIDED, NOT "HURR DURR I HAVE POINTS IN THIS ADD ME

That's really gonna be a problem.

Don't say that right away, get someone to post the elevation map first. Judging by the stone on the west side that area might actually be very VERY steep. To the point that we can't level the ground down without hitting stone.

I'm still the road paver and tailor.

ALL CAPS RED TEXT IS CRUISE CONTROL FOR COOL PLEASE READ THIS I AM IMPORTANT

There's also the spiral mountain thing by it, which has portals if I'm not mistaken.
Freedom or HotS, though? I still like the HotS idea.

We should just keep shops and stuff close to port so we can export and import goods in the future. Calm down.

Wendingo

Shipbuilding. Let me make mats that will add to my skill.

So, did they give a rough ETA of when the server is going to come back up? I'd rather not miss all the important beginnings shit.

Our stats and shit aren't gone.

We'd still be able to build there, dude. We have teams of people with well over 50+ digging skill, we have the capability to have a really cool mountain ridge town next to a river with bridges everywhere and a dock down by the beach and shit.

I CALL GAY JAPAN the middle baby island

I'm all for a town square with roads in the cardinal directions, everything off to the sides of the roads can be as chaotic as it can be as long as you can navigate it without breaking your legs

Upto you. Just don't underestimate what a steep rock base can do to a build plan.

We need to bust shit up into districts so that even if there's chaos, everything is at least in a somewhat convenient place.

Have a commerce district for stores, inns, etc
Have a mining quarter with a dedicated forge and smelter
Have a dock/marina for shipbuilders and sailors.
Have a tradesman's quarter for masons, carpenters, etc.
Have a husbandry for animals and shit
Have a residential district for people to build their shitty shacks in
Have a reserve for growing trees
Have farmland for silly peasants.

Just make sure the harbor touches the trade quarter, the trades quarter touches the commerce quarter, the commerce quarter touches the residential quarter, and the mine quarter touches the trades quarter. If you do that, every job will be a short walk from either processing or refinement and it'll be easy to keep shit organized.

If you are making a new one, however, put Wewuzsettlers under carpentry, shipbuilding, and lumberjack.

Good.

Karoon: Potter and road builder (if you can count that as a service).

Kuralla here. I'm remaking my animal husbandry, so put me down for that. I'm also grinding fine carpentry so that we have at least 2 people that can produce wagons.

No shit. We'll most likely have people quitting because their house is gone. A fresh list is better.

Will this be posted in the next threads? Right now I don't know what my occupation with me in the new city, most likely an tavern owner or a chef.

Did you even read the post? This is a different one for people providing a service.

If you want districts then make a new city. Brosmouth will not be a grid and will only go as far as a main road.

Cham here, put me down for city planning/roadways.

I'll be making it. Don't need to add yourself

Yeah, fam. I'm pretty active with these but if there's a new OP the fag who makes it should include the latest

I forgot that I've been grinding woodcutting, and have been dropping off some QL 30 logs for peeps to use. So maybe put me down for that as well?

Also add me as a "house planner" or whatever that is listed as. I would also be willing to do carpentry if it doesnt interfere with ship building.

This is my concept for a town square.

A common area sprouts 4 main highways in cardinal directions. A well/guard tower/colossus permeates the center.

There's a 1 tile gap before any houses or fences, for trees and building arterial roads.

I still mine.

t. Uncle Adolf

why would you build all those fences on the farming areas like that

That would work great, assuming people follow that plan.

Don't expect people to follow it beyond having main roads. I like optimized plans as much as you probably do but this isn't going to work with Holla Forums, it limits creativity too much.

Hubert - Forager
For now, since I'm going to try and keep sprouts in reserver.

Shawn, animal fucker and farmer. I'll try to be chef and ropemaker but I might need to replant most of the first few harvests to scale up production.

Whatever people decide to do, hope you stick around Planning Nigger

Outside of the city walls, people can still be as creative as they'd like. The main city should flow.

To my knowledge everyone fences in their farm.

Were you the one talking to the GM before? If so can you ask them about just wiping the server and restart on an epic map instead? They seemed interested in PMK's so they might be open to it now that the server has kicked the bucket.

I doubt people will follow the plan beyond main roads, but it's pretty good.

Sooty the dick milking animal fucker here. Dabbling in fletching recently too since there's only like one other person who makes arrows.

Or is that more gardening? Whatever. Johnny Jackoff Seed, wherever that fits.

wew lads, the map really is kill.

Here's what I'm working on so far. I figured that we'd have farming and other things outside and make the center have stores and inns.

pastebin.com/fRzzbM6e

How about we just make the town where it used to be?
It was close to spawn and had all we needed. No reason to go somewhere else.

I would really love a map with pvp and the full potential of religions/lockpicking

With the 4x shit and you niggers also

The Dream.

Okay but I don't want to spend ten hours gathering and building only for some twinked out faggot to come along, kill me, and steal all my shit.

While it is ideal to have farming outside of the walls, everyone seems to want their own convenient farm. One of the few rules we need is a limit on farm tiles within city limits.

nig, the village token is in the centre of the deed
can you even put a fountain on top of it or can you move the deed token?

Imagine what it would be like to play on such a crazy map.

Viceversa
Weaponsmithing/Blacksmithing.
Either that or fishing if all blacksmiths are back and we low on food or something.

2-5 minutes, 5 hours ago.

LET ME POST GODDAMIT

Then you don't want PVP

that's a bad thing

You might want to have it the way that real medieval cities did. Farms are outside the city so they can expand at will. Same with a lot of the residences. If we build in "rings" as we expand so that after every so often we build a new outer wall, we can continue indefinitely.

And it being far away from spawn makes it hard for new players to get here.

It's a good center design I guess, but don't expect the houses to be like those. That's a terrible design for anything, I don't know if it's even possible to classify it as a (_)x(_).

good.

fuck is wrong with you m8

Goldbergsilverstein and I have a bit of a conundrum.
As a priest you can't imp things, so I can't really be a jeweler at the same time.
I had a load of grape bushes growing as a backup so I could be a wine maker instead, but that's out the window now that the server is effectively resetting.
I also lost all my gems, oy vey, so I don't feel as much pressure to rush priest anymore. And I had A LOT of gems. Probably in the ball park of 20 or so with most of them being 80+ QL. I also had just made 70 gold rings at 24 QL or higher. Priests without a good foundation to support them are a pain so I would need to postpone it anyways.

Now I just don't know what to do. Continue my pursuit into jewelry, or drop it and become a wine-making rabbi.

That sounds like a good idea. I found this generator online designed for Minecraft, but it can make circles and since Wurm is tile-based, will work for the game.
plotz.co.uk/

No, those aren't the houses at all. It was just some pavilion-type thing. I was thinking we'd put tables underneath them or set up storefronts.

Enjoy people slowly leaving the game and the city dying, faggot.

He seems set on just the March backup right now.

I thought winemaking was out of season?

Oh, okay. Only looked at the first pic where the arches aren't visible.

that's a good thing

If you cant stand a 30 minute travel to get to the town you shouldnt be playing anyway.

It is sorta. I had found loads of harvestable grapes, I just needed the syrup which would take some time. Grapes were going to be in season within just a couple of in-game weeks too.

Boatfaggot here. My original plan was to settle on blue island but my boat will be gone. Can you drop me by if you're going with the river idea?

oekaki a flag while we wait

People can get animals and lead them back for others at spawn. Or we could make carts if we got enough iron rocks. Or we could go by boat.

That's just carpentry or masonry, m80. I don't think house planning is a thing unless you want to be an interior decorator.

FOR FUCK'S SAKE, MAKE SURE THE MAIN ROADS HAVE ROCK SLABS AND NOT COBBLESTONE
STONE SLABS MAKE YOU MOVE THE FASTEST OUT OF ANY TILE

I dunno, some people are pretty shit at actually planning out there plots

No, you fucking monkey.
I can handle that travel, it took me a hour to get to the city in the original map because I got lost and went to Zanzibarland. The problem is that people will eventually leave and if new players can't get the help they need or find the city, they just aren't going to bother.

Grapes were actually in season, I harvested some grapes and grape sprouts but they're gone now.

You can replace pavement at any time, don't be a spastic about it. Start with cobble and IMPROVE to slabs once all the important shit is taken care of.

Can be upgraded later. Rock slabs weigh 80kg so they're a bitch to make and carry around if you have no large cart.

when havent we helped people? quit being gay.

Here's closer to what I was thinking. It's just quickly done so I'll edit it, but it's sort of what I was going for. There are going to be windows and doors on the ground.

This just in,

PICK UP YOUR TRASH

You can teleport people over when they join the village if that becomes an actual issue.
They'll be second-class citizens until they make the Walk of Character, though.

I TOLD YOU GUYS. YOU WOULDNT LISTEN. THIS COULD HAVE BEEN PREVENTED

Man, and i had just started construction on the Waste management facility, guess i should have been quicker on the draw.

told you so

t. cham

Planning nigger here.

Again, growth within the city walls need to have some limitations. Ideally there should be no farms, but I'm sure everyone is going to want one.

Size and farms outside the walls can be crazy, creativity can still flourish.

Motherfucking subhumans, how do you leave so much refuse you shitskin nigger turds?

I'm gonna put you as both because I assume you'll still be offering circumcisions

Still getting "connect refused" bullshit, now what?

One think we definitely need this time is a landfill.

Just like a room with 10 or 20 fucking trash dumps.

Check out this masterpiece.

T-that's alright.

Care to post your code when you're done? I want to compare my plan and your plan.

what baffles me is that it shouldn't be that hard to keep track of

I blame the niggersmiths in the mines making 3000 copper chain gloves and throwing them on the ground.

5 bucks it's my fault for dropping 7 tons of scrap randomly

deus vult, it's our new flag

Here's the thing though, most new players don't know what the village system even is. People not from Holla Forums won't care about Brosmouth because they won't get invited anyway.

Server still down, mate.

Or just put down trash heaps around the town.

Mine isn't actually done. It's just a bunch of shitty walls, I'm not paying attention to the 3D, just the 2D.

Oh alright, thought it was my internet being a bitch. Reinstalled all my OS related shit, so that's why

Add Lucerne to Masonry.

Holy shit its like you haven't been playing with us. Do you know how many hours people toss aside in Brosmouth to help the newfags?

Were you the one that would just drop one fuck huge pile of scrap? Doubt it, more likely the mine shit and and countless piles of items littering the backhill and every damn where else. Dirt mounds everywhere too.

Dude. The people from this shithole are most helpful people I've ever seen in a damn game. The fact that you even got lost with the fucking map each OP provides tells a lot about you than it does about the people playing this shit.

With a central storehouse we can cut down on clutter by having haulers keep shit in order. Wood scrap, kindling, ashes, etc can all be used, but they're better off in storage instead of on the ground.

nope i ran around pooping it

This, its the majority of the time spent. The only people not helped are the normalfags that collected here and there nearby.

You filthy punjab fuck.

then we put it in the op to explain it. It's really not a big deal. Being out in the wild frontiers with no other people in sight would be really cool.

stone slabs have same speed as cobblestone same as gravel roads even

If someone makes me a proper cart filled with crates, I'll double up as trashman when not foraging.

10 large crates, each with a different label in a warehouse would be helpful.

The commie depot did this. Some nigger stole all the crates, last I heard.

Oh man.
Did we seriously fuck up the server again without even trying this time? The server can't handle our niggerness.

Then why the fuck does it say they're faster in-game?
That's weird.

Leave it without a roof and just make a massive storage tower, adding floors as we go. Categorize boxes and shit so that anything that someone doesn't plan on using, selling, etc, can put it in storage for community usage.

Another update. It MIGHT have not been the trash laying around. It seems the host is incompetent as fuck.

Has there been an ETA on the server coming back up yet?

how about this flag goys

it doesnt on the wiki, you can test it max walking speed is always 17.5km and horse/carts..etc dont matter their modded speed atm eitherway

Can you set permissions so the crates cannot be moved?

This leads me to believe we should find a new server completely.

yeah, I think I might get back into this, fresh start and all.

They're running the server on a toaster running a VM?

Whatever, I'll still trashman. That shit can't help framerate anyway.

for real anyone know how to host one of these? heard you need a legit copy of WU but how fucking hard is that i'd pitch in

yeah they said 1gig ram VM sometime back in chat

It aint that on common. I atleast thought they'd use a GNU/Linux distro.

Beleive it or not if windows goes untouched enough linux on top is much more stable

SHIT

I kind of agree with this.

Add the java machine to that.

This flag fits the best, doesn't it?

cs.rin.ru/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=62935
this seems too be whats used for pirate servers

Would we lose all of our stats if we transferred the appropriate player files?

We could find somewhere thats actually remotely flat and it would be a chance for all of us to start again with more experience.

I seriously hope they ran through the java documentation and enabled helpful JVM flags like everyone is supposed to at the very least

Damn, I don't know if this would be horrifying, or amazing.

Could you add a spider corpse in memory of the SPIDER CRUSADES and a no fun sign?

Yes

Someone start a 16x server with pvp and we'll all fart on each other to death.

Nissin wanted to be a Gardener, forester, lumberjack, carpenter and brewer
realy wish there were watering cans and scissor hedge clippers in game

have to build it close to town square and fill it with Bulk Storage Bins and large crates

the tavern should also be pretty close to town square for convenience sake

Shit, I meant to put an "even" in there, but whatever.

A lot of people just hop in the game and then won't bother to ask for help later.

Well, not really lost, I just walked in a direction and didn't even look at the map or read much of the OP, I just wandered around.

Both.

I own a legit copy, but im not going to host fucking 30 autists on my shit 800KBps upload

Do you actually plan to provide a service with all of that? are you nissin?

Same, am a legit user but I don't think I can host anything on my [sopoiler]laptop[/spoiler]

Can someone figure out what we are doing quickly, its 5 pm on a saturday I want to play some wurm.

So when the server comes back up, what is stopping this from happening again?
They need to find a better host and give it more resources to work with to stop this from happening again.

I'd buy it, I have a great computer but A shit as hell internet connection, 100kb/s upload.

Make our coat of arms bigger doc

Same here. ==FIX THIS==

happened to me too, gonna try getting the new client to see if it fix

I seriously hope you two are using the old client still

flip the colors on the pill.

Either waiting for the ruskie server to come up, or finding our own.

So what are we doing? Are we going to plan our shit out until we either make a new server or find a new one or are we going to start a new Brosmouth on this current server, which has an incompetent admin?

I don't know but after seeing how pants on head retarded this guy is I'm voting for finding a new server.

I want to keep playing on this server. Playing without normalfags to bully isn't fun

I'm using the mega one,

i always start it with the updater.cmd. I'm no pansy. This whole thing is pissing me off though. My floor loom that i spent almost 45 minutes improving probably gone now and I can't even log in to see the extent of the damage.

This

After reading some steam reviews, it seems you can run the server included with WU outside of steam just fine. As far as finding a VPS we can use to host it though, I dunno about that. I don't really want to sink 10-20$/month just to host a game for Holla Forums.

You fags know the game is down, yea? Or is this not related to trying to log in.

I'm not saying we have to play a server without normalfags I'm just saying I want off Incompetent Russian's Wild Ride.

We never bullied any in a real meaningful way, some user drew FAG on their hill and that was about it.

Without pvp or stealing it's rough

That is the extent of the damage, judge for yourself.

Is this better?

wurm-unlimited.com/server/40/

Someone experience with wurm more than I tell me if this looks alright to jump to.

It was only stuck reconnecting before, now the thing crashes with this error.

If this actually happens
please make it on an actually good looking map

not that shit 5 minutes monstrosity we are playing at right now

Needs something about drowning gods.

Don't even try until everything is back up.

Or deus vult

nope

I hate this.

Let's not discuss changing servers until we figure out what's happening with this server.

don't put me on the list
I can do stuff in carpentry but since I spent the week digging all my other skills are low

We basically all had 3Q tools anyway.

Yes but that was worked for, user. I don't want immediate gratification.

We know what's happening, the server is being run by an incompetent russian. If we stay on this server this will happen again and again. We should move.

ITS UP

IT'S BACK, MAP IS DONE FOR, BUILDINGS STILL IN PLACE SO ARE ITEMS

rip

Agreed.
There is also the possibility this was done on purpose.

If we do we should build here imo

is the map a back up though or did our current one survive?

TL;DR
Server went down for lag, map got fucked, now reverted to one from March.
Brosmouth is gone, stats and items (on your character) are fine. Vehicles didn't save.

SO WHERE THE FUCK IS BROSMOUTH AND ZANZIBAR BUILDING?

I just logged in and it looks like our city has been rearranged by chaos undivided.

Hey, I'm not underground, NEAT

WE'RE BACK

W E W
E
W

I'll keep the plans for the next settlement we build.

EVERYTHING IS FUCKED.

THIS IS EVEN WORSE THAN A FULL RESET.

Third iteration of the flag.

RIP

HOLY SHIT FAM

Look on the bright side, at least our TRUMP 2016 stays intact among the corruption.

Sick, at least my cart's still here.

Fuck you suck at building houses.

Bangwashi:Priest of Fo, Farmer, Animal Breeder, Fisherman, Butcher i guess because cow ranch will bring in meat

buildings are here but it seems like all the terraforming has been reverted

This is fucked.

I hope you niggers really don't think that im gonna follow any sort of grid im building what ever i feel like and how i feel like

DESIGNATED SHITTING SERVER

Looks like some kind of cut-rate heathen altar.

I've never seen this game so fucked up.

I'm voting that we look for a more competently run server.

This.

I will miss my shitty skills, but I sorta agree

There's still the collapsed wall at the NW corner anyone trying to get in or out.

this is recoverable, just move to a new area and avoid cutting trees without planting since this is months before trees had time to spread

This.
also a faster speed

This is some resident evil 4 shit right here.

strawpoll.me/10459726
strawpoll.me/10459726
strawpoll.me/10459726

VOTE HERE
Should we move to a new server or no, we can reach to a common agreement with this.

What did their fuck up involve and will it happen again though? I don't want to start over from scratch.

Never ever.

the whole town is fucking ruined. Not only did it revert, but it reset all terraforming and made it so that the buildings are warped and nobody owns any of their shit anymore.

Oh I was at the wrong wall, this is royally fucky.

Bear's dock is completely underwater now, the fuck.

One last shot from the shore.

Well, congratulations, guys, now we've got some badass ruins to pick through.

comfy af

Wurm Apocalypse

Head west and get a shot of my house!

It it has pvp and stealing I would be down, otherwise Im just gonna stay

Gimme the name, I'll find it.

Paver's Paradise.
Given the rest of the city, it should be half underwater.

Soab - Weaponsmith and Mag priest

this please

Geshud Datan - Mason and blacksmith

I actually kind of like how the houses are standing and looking all crooked. It's like an actual ghost town.

Yeah so that's exactly your own fault

Who the fuck are you? Never seen you in the village ever.

well, that's something.

Waterworld Wurm Edition.

Poor Wendigo

I know it is, but like it or not most people think the same way.

I'm not really sure how to feel about that.

So I guess this is what happens when terraforming gets reset.

I've just started playing, I've played with a previous name and thought I'd join in and help out.

We are cursed men.
We build and we polluted and we trashed the world until it it destroyed us

I have a feeling this is just going to keep happening

start looking wurm-unlimited.com

Everyone vote in the server poll with /poll. Reset map or new map are probably the best options here.

Make sure you've got all your valuables on you!

Where were you when the apocalypse arrived?

what 25k 40k 64k etc mobs means? total amount on server?

[01:05:04] Please write /poll on LOCAL chat. and vote on the poll. Thank you. All characters, skills, inventory, bank accounts, will be KEPT. SAFE.

VOTE NEW MAP 2016

They've been saying that we will keep our stats, what's in our inventory and bank. Start from 0 probably doesn't mean we will lose those.

wurm-unlimited.com/server/28/

We might have found where to go

we should give the server another chance, and the pole agrees.

If they dont fuck up again yeah. They've been pretty accepting of us even though we're faggots. I doubt i'll build in the same spot we were at though if we restart the map.

No priest penalties servers are a NO NO right?
that would be WAY TOO DUMB
might as well remove lives from champions

should move to a PvP server tbh

NO NEW SERVER

THIS IS THE END

That' not set in stone, might as well search for one until a final decision is given

or even keep that in the back in case some other bullshit here happens

So are we going to a new server or what?

I like how the village became a literal ghost town though. Complete with underwater houses and fucked up ruins.

Void carpentry and lumberjack

our own pool have less votes than half of that m8

So when they say new map do the6y mean New map with extra shit like pvp and full religions and locksmithing or do they mean New map with lack of shit

new map with lack of shit

if you want pvp, you havent experienced wurm pvp before

I mean, they were trying to make a PMK, they could likely switch to the PvP structure of 3 kingdoms. But like says, Wurm PvP is a relentless bitch, and you will get fucked with unless you fortify the fuck out of everything.

i'm 100% eastern european jew pls let me in trump

I'm coming to the brosmouth now. I'm Peter and I have no idea what my job is gonna be yet.

it was just Leva testing what would happen if PMK was attempted on the server cause they literally dont know what would happen, kinda like how they didnt know what would happen when niggers pushed a altar into the ocean

A pairwise master key?

i.imgur.com/AoyI8iO.png

you're a faggot

A FAGGOT

Who's a fag? :^)

You guys realize when there's a new map that there will be next to no wood right? Pic related, this area used to be heavily forested, I didn't cut down the trees around my house.

meant for

yeah new maps suck, there was only like 5-10 people when server started and we literally had to wait for trees to spread, thats why you see those patches of like 20x20 dense forests on the map, cause we had to bitch to the gm to do that

I just realized
Glad to see notch's coding never changes :^)

except notch coded the old client dumfuk

It takes a lot of dedication to be consistently lazy and crap for 10+ years.

Ok I'm at the town. What should I do now?

Newfag here, where do I spawn and how do I get to the ruins

wurmians.enjin.com/forum/m/36880248/viewthread/27458337-partial-server-wipe

fuck

I spawned at the freedom isles. Go northwest from spawn, then follow the river counterclockwise.

Looks like a Thief Gold level

WILL TAKE A FEW DAYS TO GET THE NEW MAP

TIME TO RETHINK THE VOTES
strawpoll.me/10459726

well im done playing this. I'd be game if we were restarting on a pirate pvp server but there is no chance im doing this carebear shit allover again just to chill with you fags. Was fun while it lasted!

Took me more than a few days to get to 60+ mining.
Fuck that.

Do we know any good servers though? Preferably one that won't ban us for shitposting so loud that it's visible on the map

how much is a 1ql trowel fucking me over

One of the fags just said a few hours

well the GM just said day(s) so…

LETS FIND A PIRATE PVP SERVER FUCK THIS SHIT OTHERWISE

there isnt one, unless you make it, or wanna buy a legit copy of the game

we could get a map with pvp

agesofurath.com/

this one looks crazy, might not be wurm anymore though

Why do you people want this? have you ever tried it? Clearly not.

can you tl;dr do you need a legit steam copy or not for that

PVE maps with optional PVP maps are the best possible thing

Yeah, I've played orignal wurm pvp, it's damn shitty, but being stuck to a PVE map without being able to go to a PVP map when you want to PVP is shit

its not their fault, the idea of it is great its just the mechanics of wurm are fucking retarded

That's not a pirate server.

That's already a 'no'

IGNORE WHAT I SAID THEY ARE PANSIES
1. This is a family oriented server. Profanity and suggestive topics are not allowed in character names, game chat or forum comments. We do not tolerate name-calling of individuals or groups of people, trolling, or abusive language of any kind..

hota was 300x300 , arena was like 30x30 or something

so, what exactly happened whit the map?, i am having connection problems so i cant find it by myself

real talk though i dont think the server hardware can handle this amount of people so were gonna have the same problem 2weeks from now on this shitbox server

it got corrupted when it was generating the googlemap for their webpage so they had to revert the terrain data to the state it was in march

if it was the google map thing that caused that their fucking retarded niggers they should just disable that crap nobody fucking uses it anyway and it causes lag out the ass

are you that blaank faggot?

kill yourself

I don't know, but the map is fucked

are you that blaank faggot?
No.

A few of us have gone on a pilgrimage to the altar of the three, perhaps the gods will forgive us for their drowning. Praise Vynora.

ok which one of you fuckers sacked my fields and killed my roster on the top of the mountain?

Its okay, good uncle.

i meant rooster

Your fields are fucked because of the map reversion, and everyone's animals are running away.

This. You guys are holding on to your skills, but ignoring the inevitable. They wont fix the problems and we're going to be back at square one again. only this time everyone will quit because who wants to rebuild their shit a third time.

yeah, but I can't find any other 'pirate' server to change to

You underestimate people autism need to build. Now that everyone has grinned their skill and selected a profession they will build twice as fast and twice as big.

Remember; carts are possibly being saved so stock them up accordingly.

if everyone donated 3 claps they would be gold on server hardware

good luck finding it later (according to admin)

Or spend it on vodka

Should be easy, I've got everyone waifu in there.

If you expect some russian hosting a pirate server to use donations to upgrade the hardware I have a bridge in Brooklyn you might want to buy.

noticed that i am not gaining experience on any skill, migration when?

I mean, they've been working on the server problems nonstop so far

can anyone confirm this? im still busy moving 12alts carrying all my fucking hota statues back to hots spawn

Yeah and I'll bet they're REAL sick of having to constantly fix things after it ran smoothly for ages with next to no users.

They're going to get very tired of us if they aren't already and anyone who donated would get shit on.

yea skill gain is off fam

can't even quote correctly faggot

can someone break a hole into the wall so i can get back in to brosmouth

no, you don't just break walls
the gates work, there are a couple of them and if one doesn't work try another one untill you find one that isn't completely lagged out
check the north, east and south gates

rip Harambe

I'm not sure anyone is left there. Most returned to spawn or went touring.

easternmost northern gate works

Why are you angry at me?

gonna murder fuck all my livestock if anyone intrested

twitch.tv/oshieh

Alright, oniifam. Current list as it stands so far.

If I forgot you or your occupation call me a faggot and then reply to THIS post.

Got to liberty and logged off, is there any point in playing currently? From what I hear skills are frozen, so you couldn't even grind skills up.

Soab - Mag priest

Yeah, think I walked right through that one.

Geshud - Mason

I was told new server will be here in a day or two so we can only keep thread alive and wait

Got both of you. You'll see it when there's enough new names to warrant a repost

Benisdoc, I'll be a farmer.

Anger, Hunter & Shipbuilder

43 Fighting, 42 Butcher, 28 SB

Hubert to Gardening too. I'll likely do a lot of re-planting.

Waiting it is, then.

TFW you realize YOU HAVE TO DO SOMETHING ELSE WITH YOUR TIME GODDAMNIT WHY

Mine decayed long ago, may it rest in peace.

i asked on the chat, people said that when you relog, it would udpate, didnt worked for me

Well, at least we won't miss out on E3 because autism.

Life is suffering.

I'll continue with being the innkeeper, i will still offer cheap meals and beds for people who doesent have the time to cook their own or build their houses.

Autists rage about someone not being a commie in their safespace in 3 … 2 …

bengarrison here

My shit is broken.

What the fuck do we do now? I think I'not even part of the village anymore.

I'm okay with capitalism if its worked for, fam. I'll add you to the list.

Raldar
Miner

Shit's fucked.
We're keeping our skills and inventories but we're getting a new map.

So I should just grind skills and items while waiting for the new map?

ETA on the new map? I guess I will hold off playing till the new map is ready since am just a fresh nigga.

Anyone have an ETA on when the restart happens?

They said you can grind, but it seems to be frozen.

Well, what items would be best to have on hand once shit is undone? What should we take or not take? We've got some time to make last minute stuff I guess.

I prayed on my priest alt, but I needed to relog to see my gains, I assume all stats are like this right now.

All tools, leave resources behind or salvage some if you have a large crate in your cart

Village got disbanded a while ago, Ben "Spike the Kike" Garrison.

They said at least a day or two for the map to be done. I'm not sure why, there's a map generator and I can't imagine it takes very long to add in a few sections of tar and stuff if needed. They could just put the new map up and spawn in traders and shit while we play, but I'm guessing that's not happening

They also have to give people in other timezones a chance to move to spawn and gather their shit.

Figures. I finally get happy with what I'd done I should've known it would all end in ruin.

So now what?

The ruins of the village are fucking creepy, its weird.

Gather up as much as you can and wait for rapture.

Wait for the new map and build anew.

So they are completely resetting the map or are we migrating to another server or what?

Should I just log out and wait or head to spawn like some suggesting in the game?

Same server, they're making a new map.
We'll keep our skills and what's in our inventory/bank, but everything else is gone.

stats are frozen atm

Head to spawn, otherwise you might spawn in an ocean or something. Map is being cleared, but your inventory and skills are not.

link to that skill tracker? looks handy.

We're sticking with the server. It's hard enough to find a pirate friendly server that is willing to deal with our bullshit on a daily basis. They're nuking this map and making a new one but you get to keep your inventory and skills.

So there's no point in me build a large cart to haul what I can salvage then?

It's in the game by default. It's just not activated. Check under GUI settings.

Hints of maybe carts remaining but moving somewhere weird, its up to you. If you have nothing better to do, I guess you could.

They're not frozen, you just need to relog to see gains.

that seems to be a running theme

but user, that's so much work

Holy shit, I'm stuck in brosmouth after it was disbanded and none of the gate were working. I loaded everything on my land into my cart and was freaking out real bad that all would be lost.

If that's so I'll try to make another Mag altar then log in 5 times a day until server restart

Trenhal, you fucked the survivors. People are still in the city ruins getting their shit, now there's no way out.

Either they've said yes or no.

Not him but I can come back with a cart to tow survivors back to liberty

The Cart Above Brosmouth

That's the best I can do.

Why did this have to happen on the weekend?

Peak in trash today, apparently the mines got stuffed overnight or something?
Not sure.

Do we at least have an ETA on when the new map will be up?

That was said not 10 posts up, so I won't even quote that one for you mate, sorry.

The NE gate may let you out. Uh, put everything important on your person.

If you're in a wooden hobo shack, it's not too hard to bash apart.

If you're stuck in anything else, good luck.

I found my way out though. I disembarked on the tile outside the gate and was free. Then I unhitched my horses form the cart and pulled it through the gates. Everything is going to alright.

all gate are broken

They are but one of them was stuck open though.

Is it over? Did the admin activate the bastion?

Can we start again?

Don't let this happen again.

Two days, jesus.

JUST

Is this a good thing

Berenstein Bears

No, I get to see my miscarriage of a house instead of starting again in a fucking virgin forest which I can literally deflower.

RIP

Here's my take. Room for 4 colossi.

Bear's house is entirely underwater now. He won't have much to salvage. The House Under Brosmouth.

BEST TOWN CENTER PLAN

Please do this

Ok, we got it. We need to widen that a bit but we have new town center.

ALL MY GOOD TOOLS WERE IN MY STORAGE

YES

FORGOT WEBM

Just needs to be flipped so it's a proper swastika.

Why is it reversed?

Did the admin already reset shit like anons said? are you guys playing?

OH SHIT

Middry here. Put me down for the same as always, Weaponsmithing. Might branch out a bit into combat specialist, I think I'm going to make a combat academy with training dummies for public use as well as a duel arena for people to use in New Brosmouth.

The server fucked up. Everyone's trying to salvage what they can. You keep what you're carrying, maybe keep carts.

Oh no, it looks like you'll have to order more :^)

Widened and fixed really quickly, look ok to everyone?

Swastikas are supposed to be diagonal.
Though it would probably look terrible.

Wurm doesn't really do diagonal well, that's why I didn't bother.

You're right, I was remembering colossus dimensions wrong, they're actually 3x3.

Much better.

Oh, fug.

Come on, it could be done right at the proper tilt.

You think pavers don't understand diagonals?

Someone needs a pendulum in their inventory before the restart so we know where to put that fountain.

Any item placed on it would be at a weird angle compared to it, though.

Reminder that mediation path question delays are set to 35% of normal time
wurmpedia.com/index.php/Meditation
Pick a path and get on this shit if you haven't.

we do, but pavers aren't the only one building roads

did they start the server back up yet with the wiped map?

Nearest corner creates diagnoals.

Nearest corner creates diaganols.

Can you build houses diagonally so the nearby public buildings wouldn't look like an eyesore?

Intentional, because this isn't a feminine structure.

This is about the core, you chinkcuck.

I'll garden it and pave it off grid.

Do it properly or don't do it at all. Feed me shards and slabs, I will make it happen properly.

Can we have farms outside the walls next time?

Or make streets that are easy to navigate for newfags instead of giving them the br favela experience?

If you say so user, but I don't know if colossus can be built at an angle either.

Owner can spin it

Why is that almost always off cardinal directions or any sort of in between snapping?

So is the map reset? We can safely start now?

We're hatching a plan to build a trebuchet to smash the walls of Brosmouth down so people won't be trapped. We only need someone with 80 Fine Carpentry.

They want donations for more slav life.

If Libertinie keeps about, I'll work with them paving. We're a hueg fuck settlement yet the basics are hardly covered.

A lot of corner paving to make it neat and clean.

Not anymore

It's an Exodus simulator.

Jesus christ, those smug images really DO give me a heart attack every time I see them posted.

I've got a problem.

Im not quite the normal kind, but something is seriously wrong with you

Did skill gain unfreeze, or is it really just a big 2 day waiting period?

Why do things we care about always have to die Anons?

has the server restarted yet?

Admin said "Not today"

Am waiting as well.
I think am gonna fool around a bit in SWG while waiting…

How baited can you get?

Man I am fully aware of what is going on I am just powerless to fight it. If this is bait give me the hook, pull me aboard and club me to death, I give up.

Apparently there's a catapult inside the city

Someone find it and use it to bust down the walls so you can get out of the city

Good luck try to find a spot to aim 10 tiles away in that kind of terrain

Do you have another plan to open the city to rescue the trapped people?

walk away slowly and wait for the crys for help to stop

No need because server's gonna restart in 2 days and all that debris will be gone.

If you save them now they won't have anything to do anyway

Just ask for the gamemasters to teleport you to Liberty on the WDK chat.

You sound like a filthy Zanzifag fuck.

Some people are trapped inside the city without a means to feed the animals that drag their carts. Some might not even have access to their carts.

Hey so did that guy who's place we raided ever notice?

I drank from his barrel >:)

Are we keeping our boats and carts?

They'll be teleported to random locations and there's a chance you won't be able to find them, ever.

That's what people are saying, inside and outside the game.

Well that will be fucking bullshit. First the map screws up and ruins everything and the people who run the game won't even let us keep our carts without an elaborate game of find the needle in the haystack?

This better not be true.

That's fucking stupid.

Its not intentional as far as I can tell.

you can sorta see it here ;__;

so is brosmouth what were naming the new settlement on this new map

I got you

Wait did they go ahead and do it?

I paved all that last night ;__;

So now that the Great Migration has occurred, do we stop until a new map has been loaded?

We should name it New Brosmouth or something different.

What other option is there?

National Socialist Bromany.

I loved it. I came from the west so on the map he was emerging from the post. It was magical

Well shit. I'm going to continue work on my town center in hopes that Holla Forums approves

Bronoake

I've heard the carts will stay in the same location now, so head back to Liberty with them.

Brome

Brozyntanium

I can only think of terrible names that would piss off half the thread.
Like Brosokyo.

*Brozantium

Brode Island

Brussia

Brosukistan
Brolland
Brotus
Bromany

Really? Shit, I killed both my animals for kicks.

Broswell
AYYLMAO

love me some XBR

BROLYMPUS

Brossels
In light of the corruption

Brerea 51

LOL m8 rly u listen to those doomsayers 4 real?

"O dont min me um just gonna kill cow, Christ commin back for revelation m8s" - you

can't beleive u ppl last one day out here how u gonna get milk now or drive cart, lol, tie ur wife 2 it?

not sellin mine and we only have calf abortions rite now times r hard m8 so ur fucked lad, lol

Seconded

Guys, here's an idea, what if we DON'T use the word "Bro" in the name?

y-yeah but it's tradition

Brorea 69

Here's an idea: kill yourself.

Thirded

HERESY
I somewhat agree though. What do you suggest?

inb4 "zanzibarland"

I would like to move to call our next village

BROLYMPUS

All agreed, yeay, all declined, nay

NAY

Brolympia

bro fucking kill yourself.

I'm good with Brolympus. I would say the Brottoman Empire but we're not an empire and i don't want to evoke images of turkroaches.

That one's been used before.

My vote is for New Brosmouth

Philidelphia
City of BROtherly Love

Well, I can tell you're 13 because you're a giant newfag

What about BROME

Brokyo
Brohan
Broscow (probably been used before)

got to say i like that

no you can't, because i'm not
what, you think i didn't get the irony of his peasantry? nigga pls

BRUHssia

This tbqh

brodesia
again

crops, son.

You're going to tell me you're only pretending to be retarded again, right?

BROMETHEUS

Well here's another thing, what should we call ourselves? "Bros" isn't satisfactory enough

I haven't thought about it much yet but Brossacks is an option, considering they were historically based as fuck.

Brompei feels silly or I'd say we could use it in memorial.

Bro come on.

We've always been bros. It's fine.

and I'm the newfag?
You are colossally, horrendously bad at detecting irony. Let me guess, you think everyone that says "smh tbqh fam" is completely serious and literal about that, too? You must be some 3rd exodus faggot at best, or came just for this summer, jesus christ.

yeay, good neighbor

Bros Eisley

Actually, I just asked if you were going to use the "merely pretending to be retarded" excuse and you did just that.

This whole thing puts me in mind of escape from LA.

oh well

Mayhaps we can scrounge together a standing military the whole Isles fear, a Brolympian force of Broldiers who cause even the strong to quake before the very shadow of their visage. We're probably a ways away from that though depending on how many pvp players exist from before Brosmouth

Server has PvP turned off unless you mean to the PvP enabled areas but WHY?

you guys staying freedom this time or gonna join a proper kingdom like hots?

Who has the highest carpentry?
This made me think of escape from NY, which made me realize we should have someone build twin towers nearish to the middle of the new town.

Brome or Brussia

problem is outside this thread there is only like 2-3 people who are down to pvp, basically need to split in half if pvp longterm is an actual goal so its not retarded 70 v 3 in Hota/Arena

Already been done before.

I'm not sure if I want to do this all over again guys. I started getting pretty sick of the game towards the end, but maybe I was just in a rough patch. I'll probably try again after my exams, which are in a couple of days. If I don't come back, I'll miss you guys, even through our rivalry and banter, I don't think I'll forget Brosmouth or Zanzibarland.

I love every one of you assholes.

OK, I just woke up. Someone tell me what the fuck is going on. Is Brosmouth kill? Server kill? Did the gridfags win?

You dont have to play it as autisticaly as some of us do, just come, have fun and leave when you are tired of it fam, also good luck i have my exams on the 27 and 30

Whole map got complete fucked. Login and see for yourself. We're waiting for autistic server admin to handcraft and fold his server over 1000 times. ETA 20 years.

Aye, I had fun with Brosmouth, and starting Zanzibarland when the time came. I'll probably come back, it's just that making a house is so boring it makes me want to die.

i can't even tell if you're being serious or baiting, so for a moment i'll extend a measure of good faith: what exactly made you think I was a newfag? because i responded to the ironic peasant shitpost with ironic shitposting? also, there's a fine line between ironic posting and "pretending to be retarded," the latter implies that the person said very stupid shit that they seriously meant earlier on, but when called out on it, use the "i trol u" as a cop-out shield.

i was under the impression that large sections of the world were either pvp or non-pvp, i didn't think it was a non-pvp global setting. i didn't pay much attention to things outside of brosmouth and didn't bother to ask, but i saw talk earlier about enemies sneaking up on the town, so i figured there was pvp. I suppose they were just being funny about it or something.

you have any idea what's taking so long? if the guy knows about it, it should be a quick fix.

Can we fucking plan the city before we start to build it?

I'll make an actual building and give you a locked chest or room for fuck's sake.

How about we name the settlement:

Everything We Touch Dies

Dont make one then. Just be a wandering nomad. We can go autistic mountain training with bows

You will always be welcome to rent a bed in my inn and buy food so you can just do whatever you like with the time you save

look back in the thread, people have already started doing that

however, there is a current debate about how far the plans should extend. setting down the main roads everyone seems to agree on, but as far as city development, some bros want a grid based layout and other bros want an organic layout, wherein the city streets between the main ones form themselves as more players come in, set down plots and deeds, and build things on their own.

Is that you, boss? Shall the zanzibros merge with New Brosmouth when the map resets then?

That's what I'm doing. Here's an update as well as the code.
pastebin.com/Y9uneWhy

Well the current time it's taking is to allow people to get the shit they can if they havent logged in already. After that we'll have to see if he needs to recreate the gay ass spiral mountain.

People aren't interested in it. I offered doing it with Zanzibarland because some people were complaining, in the end nobody wanted to do it and it would have been a massive pain, as well as constricting creativity and development. It's not as fun to just get given a 2x2 or 3x3 space and told to build, it's better for you to find a spot yourself and build how you want to build.

I love being in the city, just hate making houses (stone/timber framed in particular). Maybe I'll just make a small ass house this time.

Thanks fam. I loved the rivalry we had between Brosmouth and Zanzibar, wouldn't have it any other way, still love you guys.

Yea, I guess we will. I'll probably come back on.

Should the time come when we need an Outer Heaven, you guys will be the first to know.

Legland Ranch is over. The dream is dead, lads. Guess I'll eat my own eyeballs now,

Noice, looks way better than the one I did.

Vyrona please save me form this shit.

Just make sure you disband the settlement to get money back, it was a good run b0ss. At least we fucked up that terror bear good before this happened.

You're better off making the paving diagonal and then have houses on the cardinal directions, if at all.

Those archways will never get used for anything, they'll block line of sight and driving through them will be horrid.

Don't get me wrong, if you want them there to frame the corners it'll work, but you're better off having them straight and take a couple of extra minutes to make the road diagonal is all.

Zanzibarland people should make their own settlement. New Bromouth's will be crowded as fuck.

How should i name my new inn?

also, would you rather prefer the meido to be in the inn or in the main plaza for convenience?

Can we have a fountain in the middle?

Can't you put market stalls?

This. It looks nice, but I can't see it working out right.

Brotherlands Netherlands
Brotterdam Rotterdam
Brossel Brussel
Brolland Holland
Broningen Groningen
Broda Breda
Den Brosch Den Bosch

Name it "The Rebel Hill" without the Inn part, It'll be perfect.

are you seriously planning to put buildings like that around the square? there should be actual asymmetrical buildings in use by people around it, have those things like that is just architecturally ugly. each one of those should be split into 2, maybe 3 different buildings.

now you're just trying too hard.

I second this.

You're better making the roads diagonal or better yet, just making a rectangle town centre. No one will use the crooked archways.

It would be better planned this time though (hopefully) so that overpopulation isn't an issue. I don't want to go settling somewhere else just for the sake of it, I'd like to help out New Brosmouth or Brokyo or Brodesia or whatever it gets called.

The Long Strokes Inn

As long as the streets are organized(with roads that get traveled by carts often being 2 lanes) and the shit is at least placed in a manner where it's efficient to get shit moved around for the haulers then I couldn't care less how "chaotic" you build.

please build trash heaps

If people really want there to be an Outer Heaven, or a Diamond Dogs or what have you, I'm happy to be a part of that. I don't know if it's necessary though. One of the biggest reasons I left for the promised land was the thought of creating something new, something that could be better than the overpopulation of Brosmouth (which I still love) and something that could be alot more tight-knit.

If people want, I'd be very happy to be a part of a new colony, but I just don't see it being necessary.

You don't have a mallet or something to work with?

FRIENDLY REMINDER TO GRIND WOODCUTTING BY MAKING KINDLING FROM WOOD SCRAP, A TREE HOLOCAUST IS NOT NECESSARY FOR EXP GAINS.

Name it "Cheers"

WHERE EVERYBODY KNOWS YOUR NAME

Make them behind buildings and not in the main roads.

Just call the next village you make Outer Heaven

Yes. I'm just shitty because of how long it took to flatten. A-at least the trees are back, right?

Other plannigger here. How's this look?

I'd rather make a new settlement away from new brosmouth. I want my comfy small village surrounded by trees next to the sea.

The jagged walls still look a bit iffy.

I could make the buildings less jagged, but the issue with that is you remove the rounded plaza, and make it a boring square.

Thanks. I appreciate any feedback on the design.

I mostly did the circle center and archways because it's aesthetically pleasing at least to me. I never intended for people to drive through them, and I also wouldn't be able to place roofs overhead otherwise. Why do you think the roads should be diagonal though? Otherwise, all the houses on the road would have to be diagonal and look really awkward.

I intended for this originally, but one guy said it should be the settlement token, which makes since.

I thought it looked aesthetically pleasing, but I'll see how it looks if I break up the symmetry.

Anyways, I'd appreciate if you fags could give me more suggestions because I want to design a town center that everyone would like. I'm curious to know whether you want perfect symmetry for the center or something like in the Oekaki where a section or two of it would be different like a park area or something. Optimally, it'd be helpful if you could edit my current design, but if you can't, I'd appreciate you at least voting in this poll I'd use poal.me, but it's fucking up for some reason:
strawpoll.me/10462051

Latest version of my plan can be found here:
pastebin.com/Y9uneWhy

Having your shit underwater seems to be a better fate than being stuck in Brosmouth

Why have a different park/meeting area? That's the point of the plaza.

Reminder, if you want a town well at the center it has to positioned on a water tile, meaning there'd need to be a central tile in your plan.

we should have a city hall with a giant meeting table for screenshots

Wells aren't terribly useful for a city like this, because you can just drink out of the ocean.

no

I don't know, stroll around and smell the roses. I was also thinking that we could set up a stage in the park with a bell.

I did a quick run at some of the gates at the wall of Brosmouth.
The north-eastern one still works.

I thought the road then needed 1 space and a fence on the sides to keep people from building right next to it?
so it would be 3 paved tiles and 2 grass tiles. Or did I misread an earlier post?

I guess with this many people one of the haulers can just keep a fountain filled up, but why bother when you can have it fill itself just by placing it on top of a natural water source tile?

You couldn't be any more wrong.

In the MMO wells are like gas station, there's not always a beach readily available for you to drink so every 10 minutes the game spawn mobs on top of you and if you have 0 thirst then you're as good as dead.

Well, I'm going to go for now. Hopefully the map is reset tomorrow so we can start building.

When are we inevitably gonna get dicked over again and just switch alltogether to Life Is Feudal?

idk but i bet this happen again a week from now cause Pown/Masa are clearly fucking incompetent

Well, here it is, my new inn plz no bully

pastebin.com/sWTF5ebj

Now you have to grind your masonry and carpentry skill to make that.

i was planing on paying anons to help me, since the first floor is both my house and the inn i can earn money from there to finance the remaining floors

goddamn i love you faggots

So are people just on the server getting resources?

Yes and I hope they're making large carts because we need to transport something around 30-40 fuckers from the liberty to our new home

I thought the world was to be wiped?

user-kun you're such a fucking faggot holy shit
we love you too

How about no.

Christ it's like an earthquake happened. Reset when?

map reset is probably in a day or two. hold onto your potatoes, because everything not in your inventory will be wiped.

Carts probably as well

Mods were saying that carts/wagons/boats would be okay but boats might not be in accessible places. Since they're not changing the liberty any cart/wagon there would be in the same spot. I've already left my Venom GT in the walls of the place

We keep whats in our inventory, so have all your tools, some nails, and anything you don't want to lose. Supposedly your carts might still exist but they aren't sure if they're going to end up in the same place or get sent somewhere random.

Keyword: Should

They should have made more recent backups than from march.

If they get thrown all around in one giant spot, it'll be a cart and boat graveyard.

Naval supremacy secured anons.

So why is it that I don't seem to be gaining any skills?

You are but can only log out and relog to check

skills are a bit fucky right now.

Ah. Thanks, friendo.

I've set up everything as outlined in the OP and I can't even get the launcher to run. Am I missing something obvious? I updated Java, installed the 2013 Visual C++ redistributable and have been crawling around the wiki and google for about two hours.

Did you run the mod patcher?

Probably because server is being fixed due to having experienced a reroll back to March

Oh fuck, looks like it reset, lads. Where are we starting?

Is it the new map? If it is someone pull up the livemap and we'll vote on it

are you sure? I'm still standing outside the liberty
just as it was about an hour ago

I copied over the update from the OP. Where precisely is the mod patcher? I've been running all over the directories and haven't seen anything like that.

I fucked up and typed an "I" before my name so it took me to the character screen. My bad. False alarm.

The liberty was to stay the same, apparently.

people getting rused by this

GmCaptainFaggot said between 1 and 7 fucking days hes making the map from scratch again, doing all the bullshit like starting towns…etc..etc and he went to sleep like 5hours ago so shit is gonna take awhile

Should we jump ship to a new server?

thats what i was thinking
cant we just find another server so we don't need to twiddle our thumbs for a week? or do people really want to wait that long for a wipe to start all over from scratch and have a clean beginning? it seems a trade off, i don't want interest to drop from people having to wait.

yes if someone will host it, your literally retarded if you think this isnt gonna happen again

you should have a patcher.bat in your main directory

Well if we wait for this server we get to keep our skills and the decent starting gear we packed. It's a tough choice tbh

We're making a tunnel to get shit out from the city you fucking retard.

It's like Oregon Trail

its dead jim

Do you know how much time people invested in building up skills and forming a community on this one? Do you really believe anyone who invested a decent amount of time here will just be like "okay, shit's dead for a day or two. Time to abandon all of it and re-grind all of my progress like 91 digging and 50 blacksmiting because we're impatient fucks."

I can only assume you're a newfag if you're this willing to toss all of that aside.

Pardon me, blind bitch coming through.

fair enough, lemme know how you feel in 2weeks when this inevitably happens again cause their running it on a toaster

i thought character/player skills were client side and anything map based was server side, and that's the reason skills weren't fucked up with the map. are skills only applicable to the server they're on? obviously if skills only remain on the server where they were obtained then there's not much choice.

see above. also may be a bit contradictory, if this happened once already (and the backup is from fucking march) what's to keep it from happening again? are you saying it's okay if everyone's physical map progress and buildings and shit gets wiped away if this happens a second time? can i call you a newfag and a fucking faggot for implying that "you're this willing to toss all that aside"?

what the fuck does that have to do with anything
are you telling me building a tunnel that's going to get wiped with the rest of the map when the reset happens is somehow not a giant waste of time?

skills and the item database are seperate from world, but both are serverside if skills were client side you could just set them all to 99 or w/e

You know you can glitch through the city walls, right? Right through the portcullis?

As long as they keep running on that bad server, it'll happen again.

Wew, I was worried the server would be up while I was out being social.
kill me

I think we should just stick with a swastika ,like so, for town center branching out into main roads. I don't think we have the coordination for anything more specific.

It needs to be marble. Make it marble.

I like this. It's simple, but has a lot of space for shit.

looks good
id be down with that

Looks like shit, and Nazism will get us banned for sure if we push our luck.

I see a lot of people here arguing about town layouts, and I think it's being thought into waaaaay too much.

Have a big town center and big roads leading in and out of the walls. Everything else can still be chaos.

But user, its clearly the Buddhist symbol for eternity :^)

yea that fucking 20x20 swastaka in the side of the hill sure got us all b& huh?

also this

Also, to make things somewhat less boring for our dedicated monster hunters, guards, fighters, etc, I'd like to propose that one of our animal breeders spend time breeding animals specifically for them to fight. Whether they're monsters or not doesn't matter, as xp is xp.

If you can find a free play server running less-shit hardware who will put up with Holla Forums antics, all ears.

i doubt he even noticed it, that dude logs in for like 10mins a day answers petitions and fucks off for the night

Also one that tries to plan events for us and shit like this one has. They're really very accommodating

for you. I honestly think it looks about the same but is more of a bitch to make.

If the swastika we already had and the giant 'FAG' pointing at our neighbors didn't get us banned, this should be fine.

Yep.

I tried to make a pixel art hitler, but with a boarder, it came 14x15 so it needs an extra strip.

Maybe have the round cobblestone follow all the way to the center or remove it from the roads because the cut off looks weird.

Should the roads be bigger?

I'm imagining we'll have wagons and carts moving through the central park and I'm not really a fan of people/wagons going through each other.

Not bad, 10/10

what can you manage with double the size?

A 3 tile wide road is plenty.

Invert the scheme on the roads then?

Have the edges be black, gray in the middle.

Didn't he get butthurt about it and remove it?

if by black you mean slate good luck finding that

I think it only looks shit zoomed out, it's much better at in-game view tbqh fami.

New thread?

nah
not unless his idea of removing it was crashing the map with no survivors

Tried it here, doesn't look bad.

Tried that too, but with slabs as the center. I like it.

time for a new thread

No, NOW it is.