There needs to be a game with wacky jackie chan combat where you rarely kill anyone (the bosses will usually fall into...

There needs to be a game with wacky jackie chan combat where you rarely kill anyone (the bosses will usually fall into the water or something or get covered in feathers or goofy things).

The philosophy behind the mechanics would be "Tony Hawk gameplay applied to melee combat". It would be a tall order, but it would be a lot of fun to have wacky Jacky Chan fights where everything is interactive, parry-able you name it.

The philosophy behind the aesthetic and theme would be "Funny combat". Maybe you rip off a bathroom stall door to block a flying shoe only to find an old lady on the toilet who gets so mad that she aggros you too!

That actually sounds neat user.

Too bad we live in a universe where nothing good happens

I want more environment-based fighting in general. All too often it's just "activate quick preset movie event" when you're next to a dumpster or whatever. Something with fluid improvised fighting- or even environment destruction- would be great.

How would you implement this without having literally every object around you be a quick time event?

Jackie's objective in the game would be to go out and do mundane tasks within Jackie's life which quickly escalate into wacky martial arts fun.

Here's a level idea:

Supermarket:
Jackie has a shopping list checked off and a full bag of groceries. During the intro, you accidentally piss off the entire store. The objective is to get to checkout without losing too many items which can fall out of your bag during combat.

Do you run around near-uncontrollably as enemies come in with telegraphed attacks. You dodge their moves using your array of martial arts tricks, with stumbling being your main way to keep combos going?

Just don't make one button prompt shit, have the player learn what each tricks does and how they dodge moves?

You missed the last couple days?

Perhaps you can't actually strike anyone. A lot of ducking and jumping and reversals. You could throw though. Throwing an object at someone could stagger them for a second.
On normal there could be a Max Payne slowdown when a ladder or other object is about to hit you. It could be accompanied by a low medium or high warning icon so you know to jump or duck even if they're behind you.

Perhaps you could also grab or perform a reversal on objects being thrown or swung at you.

Yakuza is the closest thing we've got to that.

This sounds amazing.
I'm gonna steal this idea and become filthy rich, bye poorfags.

Please do, someone has to get this started.

I did

What happened?

So you want Jackie Stuntmaster combined with God Hand, with even more interactive objects.
I'd make it but I'm already busy.

Streets of Rage 2 coop is like this if you have a sufficiently skilled partner.

do you mean this?

Too bad Gang Beasts is still a useless tech demo, the fight system in that could almost be a good starting point.

While not all of Jakies work was comedy, I get your point.

The ability to feign mistakes to then use more techniques.
Would need a godly level of interaction with the environment, which you usually only get in corridor games with set-pieces.

I'd recommend Project A and Dragon (where he's a lawyer).
There's also two I forget, but remember the behind the scenes stuff where he hurt himself.
One where he broke his leg on a hovercraft, but carried on filming with a sock over the cast painted to look like the other shoe- and another where he hurt himself falling through ornings.
Whatever those two films are, I'd recommend them as well.

Rumble In The Bronx?

Guys, it would basically be dead rising but with more developed combat for each of the objects in the game world. This is one of the game ideas I'm legitimately surprised no one has tried making yet.

The game ends with Jackie going batshit, becoming a CCP shill and insisting modern China needs to be controlled and is less corrupt than America.
Jackie is a cunt, only the cartoon he wasnt envolved with was good.

pick up any shit and throw it at enemy? use it as a melee weapon?

Police Story Should be a Game

Now that I think about it, that's basically what Sleeping Dogs was.

only the first 3 are worth watching

My Lucky Stars?

Oh, that's a recipe for so many wacky antics. Using meat chops as weapons, tossing cereal boxes on floor to trip people up, can stacks to knock foes into, shopping carts to dodge or ride, screaming babies to watch out for and possibly pacify with candy lest the mom gets angry and attacks. Maybe even a butcher to contend with along with his cleaver (or maybe save that for the restuarant level)

But the problem is that too many titles take themselves too seriously, and the ones that try to be funny are tryhard meme-heavy "holds-up-spork" varieties

nope, he is just an illegal immigrant that goes to japan because china is a shit. Make friends to survive together, makes a not triad, more people join, shit goes evil, friends are kill or drug addicts and he dies at the end.

this would only be possible if real life martial artists made this game and not purely industry numale morons

God I misread that as Police Squad.

MORE JACKIE

there is a game with a physics engine that makes everyone fall down if they walk over stuff.
the name is exanima. shit is funny.

FACT: Jackies best movies are all from China and his American comedy movies are way below them in quality even with the much higher budgets.

Speaking of which, is this game any good?

Even his more recent chinese films suck. Too much drama, No Kung Fu

its a gentlemen fight, user.

Jackie Chan is a master at this stuff.

You can grab anything. Maybe there's simply a 'pick stuff up' button. Getting something ridiculous, seemingly useless, and not even what you wanted, would be true to our source material.

this starting to sound like ss13 but less bloody.

check this clip:

I agree about the first two, but the third one was the beginning of the shit.

I always wanted to see a Drunken Master game, the movie really got me

What sort of faggot retard needs that pointed out?

Also

There's a Jackie Chan game for the PSX already, it's pretty good.

You don't necessarily have to kill people, but that's not it

great taste though

come on folks, am I really that old?

I want a river city ransom movie with Jackie Chan as the main stunt coordinator. It'd basically be "The Raid" but with less graphic violence and more over the top comedic fight scenes. It'd be an excuse to have multiple set piece fights all over japan showing off multiple fighting styles and ridiculous and flamboyant school gangs.

There is one Jackie Chan game like that, user. It's called Stunt Master for PS1.

I was thinking Oni kind of does this as I read your post. It doesn't have really any environmental interaction like blocking punches with bathroom stall doors, but I thought it had a decent execution of fighting off multiple enemies with your hands and feet, with full freedom of 3D movement and camera.

It's nowhere near "wacky" enough (tone is way too dark; plot is Keanu Reeves-tier "saving the world important"), but Konoko doesn't necessarily kill anyone except for a few scripted boss battles. At least, as long as you don't shoot anybody to death.
The final flash (the game doesn't even have blood) when you knock the baddies down sort of keeps the violence from becoming jaded ultraviolence.
Maybe there are a lot more games like it now, but I know when it came out in 2001, Oni was a big deal for putting hand-to-hand fighting (I know it had punches, kicks, combo moves, disarms, throws, and blocks) in a game with full 3D movement (XYZ axes, walking/jogging/sprinting, jumping, ledgegrabs, crouching, crouch-diving). Aside from the PC/Mac releases, I think there was a PS2 port, and console players used to Street Fighter fighting found Oni pretty overwhelming and bewildering.

lol, come to think of it now, I remember a few anons here saying they thought Oni was a doujin game when they first saw it. You could be forgiven for thinking that.