I'm really enjoying Legend of Grimrock 2, the first game is on sale on GoG right now, is it worth getting?

I'm really enjoying Legend of Grimrock 2, the first game is on sale on GoG right now, is it worth getting?

bump I guess

If you guys want to talk about the games that'd be cool too

It's pretty much the same game but smaller and with less stuff

Its pretty much just Grimrock 2 with less enjoyable combat and less content. Pick it up if you want some more puzzles.

Sounds decent, I'm only a bit less than a half dozen hours in LoG 2 so maybe I should switch to the first game then switch back, if the second is that much better.

I love the second game
The party building, the puzzles (my god the puzzles)
the combat from the second game is my least favorite part and that gets really intense at higher level difficulty.

If you want to support the devs, who are pretty based, go ahead. It's a shorter, smaller game with not much changed compared to 2.

Levels shorter, less enemy variety, puzzles are easier and less numerous, it's still fun but fuck those spiders man. Final boss is a real disappointment alright.

In any case you can just pirate it if nothing else.

yeah the final boss in GR2 is leagues better.
I couldn't beat it my first play-through because I fucked leveling my characters up kind of early on

If you like 2 so far then you'll like 1. 1 has no bosses, simpler class system, and only 3 different colors of stone walls, but its the same basic game.

Nah I'm pretty sold, what I played of the 2nd game is some of the most solid core gameplay I've seen in a while so if the 1st is like that the devs are gonna get my dosh.

Good to hear, honestly. I will always think they're based for even only something little like this.

Wow that's really cool of them.

OP here, I've been playing Grimrock 1 since 12, pretty much non-stop, fun as hell but I have one thing to say.

Spider genocide when?

Honestly the Grimrock series was one of the few times I actually went out and bought the games when they were on special after having already beaten pirated copies of each.

So yeah, definitely worth getting the first one.

I wonder if they will ever be a grim rock 3. its a shame it takes them so long to release a game

Get the first one if youre liking the second. The first one doesn't have the open world elements of the first, nor the boss fights,and the perk system is set up in a worse way, but it's still fun as all fuck and the devs are wonderful.

Warms my heart every time

Soon.

I suggest you stop with 2 and play 1 instead. Like others said, 2 is pretty much everything good from 1 but more. Grimrock 1 is also entirely indoor and a bit less free roaming.

Can someone suggest a good build?
Every time I try to play this I get raped horribly at the same point every time.

Dont stand still, move around. You're always faster than the NPC

I know, and it works until you find yourself in a room with a bunch of those guards that will still fuck you up in a few moves

I think I own the first one but never really go into it, what sort of party should I make?

You mean those skeletons with tower shields? Do you have a mage in your party?

Can't remember if I did use one, but I suppose I did try it. Does magic do more damage to them?

Play Black Crypt, Ishar 2/3 and Eye of the Beholder 2 nigger

You can thank me later

If you didnt have a mage you probably had two archers or something as backline. Arrows and throwing knives arent that good against skeltal.

Yeah that's pretty much what I'm doing right now.

WHEN? This was supposed to be accompanied by a pic of a spider raping my face but you'll have to imagine it

I don't think I had any spells for the mage that helped to be honest. Do I have to find the scrolls or can I just use magic from memory?

gay

All scrolls do is tell you what the combination is, you can find all of them yourself by experimenting. That is if your mage has the appropriate level of magic for it, you wont discover level 2 spells if your mage is only level 1 in that mastery

Play the first game first, you'll appreciate the second's additions more then.

Buy them off the devs website directly, they released the games DRM free, which is based and deserves support.

Damn I was just thinking about playing this again last night and then I realised I didn't make any notes so I won't remember how to play or where anything is (I was about halfway through the game I think)

It's a little simpler and I'd have suggested playing it first but go for it.

Make sure to look up how to unlock Toorum mode (mild spoilers so maybe wait until your second playthrough to check it). It's good fun.

It's OK man, you could just tell me.

post it faggot

does it have gay shit in it?

I prefer 1 over 2.

Please explain.

Any way to enable that UI? I want to have everything in the bottom of the screen.