INTERESTING / GOOD GAMES THREAD

INTERESTING / GOOD GAMES THREAD

So I went to a thrift shop and I found these. Looked at the gameplay online and they seem okayish. The other good games thread is gone so I wanted to recreate the comphyness. Although I doubt this thread will get off the ground with e3 presentations starting tomorrow.

Other urls found in this thread:

alephone.lhowon.org/
theisozone.com/downloads/pc/windows-games/the-terminator-skynet-cd-iso-fullrip-1996/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Let me help start your thread, OP

Has anyone played The Banner saga? Is it any good?

Anyways I recommend

Oh and I forgot

finally, a thread about videogames

Marathon
shit's cool

Wow they weren't kidding when they said this was more of a Bullet Hell game than a Doom clone.

In the last thread somebody said it was short but sweet with decisions that actually matter. I haven't gotten around to playing it myself, I can never stay interested enough with these turn based tactical games (Xcom, Wasteland, Shadowrun…)

A blast from the past some which some may not want to admit to.

i remember that game broke my friend's pc and stopped being my friend despite the fact it was his fucking game

Sounds like you git off easy and early.
I'm stuck with a friend who only repeats like 4 or 5 catchphrases a-la Brave New World. And while most of them are fine
it starts grating on your brain after two repetitions. Oh and aliums. Believes in aliums. And I'm not talking about the sole possibility that somewhere out there there might be other intelligent life, that's something I would say is plausible too. But he's into the whole inner eye conspiracy theory of government cover ups…

We used to play Spider-Man, Unreal Tournament and Worms 2 together for so long. Postal 2, Pokemon… I miss the early innocent days
good times.

whelp, today I will be looking for a Marathon torrent and figuring out a way to get it running. It's crazy how fast old FPS's were compared to what we have today. That looks ten times more fun than NuDoom

Speaking of Spiderman 2, whatever happened to Energy Hook or whatever that thing was called?

never mind, guess there's a whole official website that offers the games for free. Fired up the first real quick to make sure everything worked. It's just as fun as it looks.

Worms 2 was the first Worms game I played, and definitely my favorite worms generation. W2/A/WP are my favorite games, if you count them as one since they are pretty similar.

alephone.lhowon.org/

worms 2 is very unfinished and it shows
worms armageddon was what they wanted to acutally make (and they still support, last patch was in 2013)
worms world party was a low effort cashgrab. they didn't even bother patching it with latest W:A patch in the GOG/Steam release

all the future worms games were gimmicks upon gimmicks and ruined physics engine. i'd welcome some additions like turrets and magnets but you can mod them in Armageddon with projectx so who cares.

i'm cautiously hopeful for Worms WMD

Deadcode/Cybershadow decided maintaining two different binaries would be unnecessary effort. I believe they made a tool to port WWP to WA directly instead. Which is a shame because I love the WWP frontend, and the other additional features it has.
You are right about the cash grab though, but I still like WWP more.

Bumpan.
Are there any worms-like games?

Hedgewars is pretty good for an open source game.

HOLY SHIT, MAN
i was trying to remember what the hell the game was i used to play on my PSX - it was Expandable a russian pirate copy that i didnt understand a word of
thanks for posting this
sage for OT

bump because this is pretty on topic, smh tbh fam

Hogs of War, I guess.

Gangland is a game that's embedded in my mind, but I have idea as to why…

While not exactly unknown on Holla Forums, this is still an underrated game.
Especially if you're not into JRPGs like me, but still like their design. It's more of a top down action game, but you still level up, use magic and change equipment. So I guess it was a predicessor to all of the current shooters with RPG elements (Bioshock, Dishonored, etc…)
Breddy gud. Only released in Grorrious Nippon and Yurop.

No love for Todd Howard's Terminator games?

They're really fun, really immersive, and mechanically they were at least half a decade ahead of their time. They had jumping, platforming, mouse look, mouse smoothing, full 3D graphics, textured 3D objects, dedicated grenade button, open ended missions, vehicle driving, and other stuff you wouldn't see in other FPS games in 1995. They're the greatest 90's FPS games in my opinion, beats Quake, Doom, Duke 3D, and everything.

no thanks fam

That's quite a statement. I dunno, looking at the gameplay it looks… lacking and slow to me.

You're a weak and fragile human, and all your enemies are titanium and steel clad machines with plasma weaponry. Of course you can't go full rambo at them. That's what I like about this game, they make all the robots genuinely menacing and threatening, unlike other Terminator games. It's a survival game, you always feel underpowered in this game.

That game was actually legitimatly good.

Linux support please, Steam.

Just get a mac, dude!
wine's not good enough?

I'd agree that it's different, but I wouldn't go as far as to say it's better than the giants. Especially since I still haven't had the chance to play it.

Download it, buddy. Use dosbox to run it.

theisozone.com/downloads/pc/windows-games/the-terminator-skynet-cd-iso-fullrip-1996/

I don't know if you would like it more than the giants, but for me it perfectly caters to my taste, and mechanically, it surely was several years ahead of the giants.

so has anyone played The Banner Saga yet

Steam is on Linux, but Strider isn't supported. I don't see Strider running well in Wine.

Alright, downloading now, another game to add to my backlog.

What gives you that idea? I'm genuinely curious, I've only run a couple of games on wine (C&C Renegade and Brutal Legend) and they both performed just as well as they did on Windows (same machine). Problem is, they both froze the entire thing and I don't know if this is the fault of

Titanfall might just be the only good game to come out out of EA. Which is sad.

These threads are doomed from the start, aren't they?

Please don't call progression systems "RPG elements". I get that being a crazy weeaboo grindan sim fan they're the only thing you've ever known of an "RPG", but that's not what they are.

I always thought RE 4 was overrated for the longest time until I finally got around to playing it and had a blast. Does anyone know of other slow third person shooters similar to it?

I feel bad for RE fans who had their horror series turned into an action game

I'm partial to the Skate series. It's arguable that EA fucked up the third one with making local multiplayer DLC, but it at least had a park editor that turned out some decent content. And besides that, the first two games were excellent.

Dead Space. Not good games, but still, the closest you can get to RE4 without being RE5.

Recommending a recent release, Steamworld Heist. It's a 2D Turn based tactics thing but instead of percentages and shit you get to aim the weapons and do richochets and stuff. So far it's pretty fun and the main character is kind of /clang/ material

looks neat the intense colors make me nauseous, like Trine, thanks user.

Evil Within is supposedly RE4 as fuck.

Have to disagree about Dead Space not being good. They're not good HORROR games. They're fucking great 3rd person shooters.

I can't even think of any good games to recommend anymore.
Fine, this is my last bump, after that I'll pull the plug.