How come a full collection of the Fritz the cat comics are the only thing from Robert Crumb that’s hard to find alone...

How come a full collection of the Fritz the cat comics are the only thing from Robert Crumb that’s hard to find alone? With furries you think story time dumps of Fritz the cat would be common.

Other urls found in this thread:

hooktube.com/watch?v=UHOQ5wI9jQA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

You sure it isnt on piratebay or something? Did you ask the share thread yet?

Anyone watch the second movie? Was it any good?

hooktube.com/watch?v=UHOQ5wI9jQA

Crumb came to hate the character after the Bakshi movies. He killed him off, and is probably resistant to reprints of just the Fritz stuff.
It's kind of a sore point with him, like "Keep On Truckin'".

How did he die, I never really read any of the Fritz stuff.

Trotsky style, ice pick to the back of the head.

Was it fritz fucking black women?

But Fantagraphics did a collection of the Fritz comics a few years ago, The Life and Death of Fritz The Cat. Which was actually reprinted a few months ago.

Didn't know there even was a second movie.

Man, artists sure are fucking fragile faggots.

Sounds like he didn't want to be a sellout whore and stuck to his convictions to me.
A fragile person would have taken all the money and then screeched when people called them out.

Faggot, I think you'd be pretty fucking fragile after being ass-raped for five decades. Keep On Truckin' patches, t-shirts and posters were advertised in every comic in the seventies, it was like the smiley face or the Bat symbol. He never saw a cent of that money.

If more than a handful of furries actually knew this, it would be understandable why so much of what they produce is marked as "OC © Sparkledog69 Donut Steel." I think most of them are just aping what they've seen on established merchandise without knowing why.

what a fucking faggot.

He's still doing his own kind of screeching, so the end result was basically the same, except he's screeching and didn't even get paid.
And what the hell is wrong with an artist getting paid by a company who wants to use his work? looking at >>964668's post it seems like he did want to get money from what he did. I obviously don't know the whole situation but I don't imagine Toyota wanted to do anything heinous with his keep on trucking stuff. Get paid, they use your work for an advertising campaign that won't even last long or be remembered. If you think there's something wrong with this arrangement I don't know what to tell you. In the real world, people expect money for their work.

That's a really shitty situation but how is it related to him getting triggered so bad even by the idea of keeping on truckin that he refused a $100,000 deal? The way I see it someone finally showed up who wanted to pay him for his stuff and he shit the bed because he started having PTSD flashbacks of disgusting hippies with shirts of his drawing.

And people wonder why there are no drawfags around.

Sounds to me like he was getting fucked from the get go by retarded copyright faggotry on top of having anything he ever stood for also being raped in the process simply because he didn't think to include a shitty little copyright mark on his work.
And on top of even that when he finally got a copyright established he was accused of owing massive backtaxes on a bunch of shit he never saw any money from in the first place.
I really truly don't see how he's in the wrong here at all, and I'd normally agree with you immediately about artists generally being retarded little crybabby cucks, but this is an exception.
That little circle c leads to such a massive amount of bullshit it's honestly a wonder why anyone bothers attempting to create anything in this day and age.

Normally there are new drawfags to replace the ones who leave.

Sounds like the guy did the same thing with his work that we did we pepe to keep him from becoming another "reddit meme face"

It didn't work for Pepe and it didn't work for Crumb.

LITTLE

For a long time. I thought that was a fart joke

There was a strip with Spain Rodriguez killing Robert Crumb with the ice pick to the back of the head when he left Zap comix…

Except nobody got fucked out of a bunch of money over that retarded reaction image spat.

Those tail feathers do look a lot like cartoon fart clouds.

yeah that's why pepe is in the ADL's database of hate symbols right?

You got a little grime on your shiftkey user.

Isn’t crumb jewish? That sounds like a jewish thing to draw

Crumb is the Talmud made flesh.

Definitely underrated and great fun.
What it lacks in melancholy undertones (the first movie was basically a farewell to the 60's) it compensates with wild satire.
Check out Heavy Traffic too, probably Bakshi's best movie.

Tell me again how Pepe didn't become a normalfag meme.

Crumb's not even a kike, weirdly.

Wrong ice pick, ya doofus.

I know that, I saw the movie, blame memetic mutation, like how the teacher on Saved By The Bell mimed playing a harmonica when he was talking about Benjamin Franklin's glass armonica.

Good to hear.