How come a full collection of the Fritz the cat comics are the only thing from...

Logan Morgan
Logan Morgan

How come a full collection of the Fritz the cat comics are the only thing from Robert Crumb that’s hard to find alone? With furries you think story time dumps of Fritz the cat would be common.

All urls found in this thread:

hooktube.com/watch?v=UHOQ5wI9jQA

Kevin Carter
Kevin Carter

You sure it isnt on piratebay or something? Did you ask the share thread yet?

Tyler Morales
Tyler Morales

Anyone watch the second movie? Was it any good?

Jose Kelly
Jose Kelly

hooktube.com/watch?v=UHOQ5wI9jQA

Liam Butler
Liam Butler

Crumb came to hate the character after the Bakshi movies. He killed him off, and is probably resistant to reprints of just the Fritz stuff.
It's kind of a sore point with him, like "Keep On Truckin'".

Elijah Ramirez
Elijah Ramirez

How did he die, I never really read any of the Fritz stuff.

John Morales
John Morales

Trotsky style, ice pick to the back of the head.

Aaron Lewis
Aaron Lewis

Crumb came to hate the character after the Bakshi movies
Was it fritz fucking black women?

Logan Davis
Logan Davis

probably resistant to reprints of just the Fritz stuff.
But Fantagraphics did a collection of the Fritz comics a few years ago, The Life and Death of Fritz The Cat. Which was actually reprinted a few months ago.

Connor Wood
Connor Wood

Didn't know there even was a second movie.

James Cruz
James Cruz

I became acutely self-conscious about what I was doing. Was I now a "spokesman" for the hippies or what? I had no idea how to handle my new position in society! … Take Keep on Truckin'… for example. Keep on Truckin'… is the curse of my life. This stupid little cartoon caught on hugely. There was a D.J. on the radio in the seventies who would yell out every ten minutes: "And don't forget to KEEP ON TR-R-RUCKIN'!" Boy, was that obnoxious! Big feet equals collective optimism. You're a walkin' boy! You're movin' on down the line! It's proletarian. It's populist. I was thrown off track! I didn't want to turn into a greeting card artist for the counter-culture! I didn't want to do 'shtick'—the thing Lenny Bruce warned against. That's when I started to let out all of my perverse sex fantasies. It was the only way out of being "America's Best Loved Hippy Cartoonist."
Crumb was offered $100,000 by Toyota to reproduce the image for a Keep On Truckin' advertising campaign, but turned it down.
Man, artists sure are fucking fragile faggots.

Austin Phillips
Austin Phillips

Sounds like he didn't want to be a sellout whore and stuck to his convictions to me.
A fragile person would have taken all the money and then screeched when people called them out.

Evan Sullivan
Evan Sullivan

that high-pitched ear rape

Jonathan Lewis
Jonathan Lewis

The copyright on this image has been repeatedly violated, and it has been widely reproduced on T-shirts, posters, belt buckles, mudflaps, and other items. In the early 1970s, Crumb's lawyer started threatening lawsuits against anyone using the image without permission. Crumb and A.A. Sales, a producer of unlicensed Keep On Truckin' merchandise, reached a settlement of $750 for the past usage. But A.A. continued to sell unlicensed products after the settlement without paying additional license fees. In 1973, Crumb went to the U.S. Federal Court, and wound up in the courtroom of Judge Albert Charles Wollenberg, who had previously ruled against the Air Pirates. A.A. Sales claimed the work was in the public domain, because Crumb had not included the copyright symbol on the work, although he had in Zap #1 as a whole. The work was covered under the 1909 Copyright Act, and any omission of notice caused the work to be public domain. The drawing had appeared on the business card of Crumb's publisher without the copyright symbol. Based on that, Wollenberg granted A.A. Sales' request for summary judgment and Keep On Truckin' became public domain. In 1977, the Ninth Circuit Court reversed that decision, and it returned to copyrighted status.[2]

The Internal Revenue Service pursued Crumb for thousands of dollars of taxes owed, as if he had been collecting royalties all along.[3] Recently, Crumb has sued various entities to defend the copyright, including Amazon.com in 2005.[4]

Faggot, I think you'd be pretty fucking fragile after being ass-raped for five decades. Keep On Truckin' patches, t-shirts and posters were advertised in every comic in the seventies, it was like the smiley face or the Bat symbol. He never saw a cent of that money.

Zachary King
Zachary King

any omission of notice caused the work to be public domain.
If more than a handful of furries actually knew this, it would be understandable why so much of what they produce is marked as "OC © Sparkledog69 Donut Steel." I think most of them are just aping what they've seen on established merchandise without knowing why.

Caleb Cooper
Caleb Cooper

what a fucking faggot.

Nicholas Russell
Nicholas Russell

He's still doing his own kind of screeching, so the end result was basically the same, except he's screeching and didn't even get paid.
And what the hell is wrong with an artist getting paid by a company who wants to use his work? looking at >>964668's post it seems like he did want to get money from what he did. I obviously don't know the whole situation but I don't imagine Toyota wanted to do anything heinous with his keep on trucking stuff. Get paid, they use your work for an advertising campaign that won't even last long or be remembered. If you think there's something wrong with this arrangement I don't know what to tell you. In the real world, people expect money for their work.

That's a really shitty situation but how is it related to him getting triggered so bad even by the idea of keeping on truckin that he refused a $100,000 deal? The way I see it someone finally showed up who wanted to pay him for his stuff and he shit the bed because he started having PTSD flashbacks of disgusting hippies with shirts of his drawing.

Jose Perez
Jose Perez

Man, artists sure are fucking fragile faggots.

And people wonder why there are no drawfags around.

Brayden Hall
Brayden Hall

Sounds to me like he was getting fucked from the get go by retarded copyright faggotry on top of having anything he ever stood for also being raped in the process simply because he didn't think to include a shitty little copyright mark on his work.
And on top of even that when he finally got a copyright established he was accused of owing massive backtaxes on a bunch of shit he never saw any money from in the first place.
I really truly don't see how he's in the wrong here at all, and I'd normally agree with you immediately about artists generally being retarded little crybabby cucks, but this is an exception.
That little circle c leads to such a massive amount of bullshit it's honestly a wonder why anyone bothers attempting to create anything in this day and age.

David Barnes
David Barnes

Normally there are new drawfags to replace the ones who leave.

Tyler James
Tyler James

Sounds like the guy did the same thing with his work that we did we pepe to keep him from becoming another "reddit meme face"

William Gomez
William Gomez

It didn't work for Pepe and it didn't work for Crumb.

Daniel Bailey
Daniel Bailey

LITTLE

Jason Butler
Jason Butler

For a long time. I thought that was a fart joke

Kayden Powell
Kayden Powell

There was a strip with Spain Rodriguez killing Robert Crumb with the ice pick to the back of the head when he left Zap comix…

Jason Turner
Jason Turner

Except nobody got fucked out of a bunch of money over that retarded reaction image spat.

Jack Adams
Jack Adams

Those tail feathers do look a lot like cartoon fart clouds.

Carson Evans
Carson Evans

it didn't work for pepe
yeah that's why pepe is in the ADL's database of hate symbols right?

Jaxon Nguyen
Jaxon Nguyen

You got a little grime on your shiftkey user.

Julian White
Julian White

Those tail feathers do look a lot like cartoon fart clouds.
Isn’t crumb jewish? That sounds like a jewish thing to draw

Cooper Wright
Cooper Wright

Crumb is the Talmud made flesh.

Kayden Bailey
Kayden Bailey

Definitely underrated and great fun.
What it lacks in melancholy undertones (the first movie was basically a farewell to the 60's) it compensates with wild satire.
Check out Heavy Traffic too, probably Bakshi's best movie.

Angel Williams
Angel Williams

Tell me again how Pepe didn't become a normalfag meme.

Nolan Collins
Nolan Collins

Crumb's not even a kike, weirdly.

Henry Kelly
Henry Kelly

Wrong ice pick, ya doofus.

Bentley Murphy
Bentley Murphy

I know that, I saw the movie, blame memetic mutation, like how the teacher on Saved By The Bell mimed playing a harmonica when he was talking about Benjamin Franklin's glass armonica.

Jose Thompson
Jose Thompson

Good to hear.

Disable AdBlock to view this page

Disable AdBlock to view this page

Confirm your age

This website may contain content of an adult nature. If you are under the age of 18, if such content offends you or if it is illegal to view such content in your community, please EXIT.

Enter Exit

About Privacy

We use cookies to personalize content and ads, to provide social media features and to analyze our traffic. We also share information about your use of our site with our advertising and analytics partners.

Accept Exit