Warcraft: Ask Me Anything

So I saw the Warcraft movie. I never played the game before but I got free tickets from tmobile Tuesday. I was confused by a lot of stuff, but overall the Orcs were awesome and the humans were just ok. Watching the humans made it seem like a fan made film at parts, but would probably have been cool if I ever played WOW.

Did you suck anyone off at the theater?

Was it better than Silent Hill? Was it worse then Doom

just fuck off

There were about 20 people in the theater. I didn't though.

There was only the one Doom movie with the Rock right? It was better than that. Probably better than Silent Hill, but I don't like horror that much so it's probably equal.

No it wouldn't since it's based off of Warcraft not WoW.

Ah, well I have no knowledge of the Warcraft universe. All I know is the main bad guy is Daniel Wu.

So was there not much mage action like that other guy said?

Were there any plot holes that broke your enjoyment of it?

(Checked)
Best and worst part of the film?

There was a fair amount I thought. Although there's only 3 mages in the whole movie. The main bad guy (Guldan?), a guy named the Guardian, and another mage guy. It seemed like most big fights included those people though, but it was mainly the same 3 spells: hield, force push, or soul sucking. The soul sucking is something called the Fell, which wasn't really explained very well. The Orcs used it to teleport and become stronger.

Not really plot holes, but things weren't properly explained, but I got the jist of it.

The Orcs in general were the best part. Pretty much enjoyed every scene with them except the ending, It kind of just ends without the conflict being solved, but I guess this is a prequel to the games.

Worst parts were that it jumped around a lot, presumably to show all the areas from the game. Near the beginning the humans learn about the Orcs, then travel to another city to talk about it, then to a third city to talk some more. All within about 5 minutes.

By mage action, I meant the WoW class, which I guess you wouldn't be very familiar with since you didn't play it. They used mainly fire/frost magics, and some generic purple sparkle attacks. Also, I guess they didn't have modern mages back then.

It's mainly generic blue magic. Most of the fighting is physical between Orcs and humans.

How'd you rate the fighting choreography?

Melee 7/10

Magic 3/10

I thought that looked weird when I saw it. I feel like that was the only case of really bad CG though.

Confirmed shill. I got to see this for free and the large battle scenes were pretty bad. It's not worth seeing and should only be seen for free.

Fuck off.

I saw it for free too if you read the OP. Hell you can get it on torrents right now since Chinese theaters leaked it already if you want. I don't care.

Were there titties?

No.

Well, fuck.

How bad was the movie?

Is it the type of movie you'd rewatch on Netflix? Or buy the DvD for it?

Or just watch once and never again?

The fuck is going on? They actually took the time to animate it to look like this. Did they just expect no one to look at anything except for the one orc in the middle? This isn't even laughably bad it's just plain bad.

That part looks like almost every massive fighting scene from those masked rider series. Bunch of people jumping around without doing anything.
I thought you faggots like it.

Did they give you all of the games to go along with the ticket?

Why would I ask you a fucking thing when I've already watched the torrent? The movie is garbage.

…i don't even like WoW anymore and i feel insulted that it was entrusted to this faggot.

wow

the thing is those are probably fun to watch and not a totally soulless scene.

Kamen Rider's a medium to low budget TV show, this is a high budget movie. They shouldn't be comparable in quality of fighting.

Orc-waifu spotted

When I saw this movie: I thought it was going to be a prequel to Warcraft but, when I first got into 4chan (I came here yesterday when I got banned for a month after trying to spamming a very long copypasta over many posts): I learned that it was actually a retcon of the Warcraft games before WoW (I didn't even know Blizzard made games before Wow).

I tired playing Warcraft 1 but it was way too archaic and outdated to play, every dude had the same voice, both sides were exactly the same, and you could only select 4 guys at a time so I chucked it into the trash where it belongs. So I watched a playthrough online of both campaigns and it was too simple and the racist vibes I get from the Orcs being depicted as devil worshippers turned me off. It also didn't have any other races besides humans and orcs (not very creative but I guess it was just their first time. They really got bettter as it went on). The movie did it a lot better because the weapons and armor everyone gets looks way cooler, the orcs are actually super strong, it has stunning visuals that are way better than Warcraft 1's, and it has good orcs so it isn't so racist, and it also has Thrall in it and he's my favorite character.

I can't believe I'm saying this but for the first time ever: the movie is actually better than the game it's based on.

It was a nice thread before Metzen showed up.

Holy shit fuck off shill.

Ehhh… is Lothar in that movie? Medivh? He got possessed by Sargeras? The king dies in the end?

Yes, yes, from what i understood it was the fell or something, yes.

kill me

I love you.

This bait is so dense that light cannot escape it.

I like orcs and the orcs in the movie look well.

Should I watch the movie just to watch orcs? or shouldn't I give that movie my money nor my time?

Fuck your racist #orcliesmatter. One of your race baiters is not even a real orc, he's a trans-orc, and you pigrace horde motherfuckers can't even tell the difference until someone from Alliance pointed it out.
I can't believe you would be the type of man that would piss standing up.

leeroy jenkins?

It's already up for streaming and in decent quality as well, if you can call whatever this is, quality.

Nope.

You know the movie is fucked up when it opens like this

go back to Overgoy thread you retarded mmo-champion shill

What's wrong with that opening? It's just logos.

The only glaring thing that I know is that Tencent is a Chinese company that steals ideas from other people or something like that.

and how are they any different from Blizzard?

Who is this guy whose voice keeps finding its way into webms?

Blizzard isn't Chinese, you fag.

Innovation! Genre-defining! They perfected the formula!

Chinese company stealing ideas (Tencent, Xiaomi, etc.)
Thief! Muh Intellectual Property! Goes to show the whole Chinese race can't innovate!

Nigga they all chinese, anyone paying to see this shit is financing chinese copy-pasting kikes

But user, LotR was written by an old, racist white man dug inside some trenches in WW1.
Warcraft has an indian queen, a PoC general, and even a female half-orc who "needs no man protecting her" getting far too much screen time for what she does!
It's much more progressive and it must be praised for that!

It was 7/10 for me and my mom seemed to like it even more than me. The villain was great. There are some weird cuts and pacing, but apparently there were 40 minutes cut from this film. If this got a directors cut I think it would solve most of the problems this film has and honestly be pretty great.

That said the half orc woman from the trailers sucks.

It was the best video game movie I've seen.

That was the only fuck-up I saw and it was really jarring. Up until that point I really got sucked into the world.

That how it opens in China. In America There's only the the Legendary logo and the Blizzard logo.

how to spot a Holla Forumstard

Seconding this. I want to know.

I hope you niggers realize that the least shitty looking leaks of the movie are from China.

It was like poorly-written big budget Warcraft fanfiction. After a while I realized I was only watching it for the musclegirl female Orcs, and there were a lot of them, despite the old Horde forbidding Orc women from being warriors. Draka was a qt.

I'd certainly hope so. Pacing issues were probably a big reason why it was so panned by critics. A lot of shit was inadequately explained. Like how Draenor's shit got fucked up to begin with, the Mak'Gora, the power structure of the Orcish race, among other things.

Eliminating pre-existing knowledge, I'd honestly still put Angry Birds above it in terms of overall quality, but it certainly wasn't a 29/100 movie. At the very least, they managed to succeed in making a movie that fans of the franchise enjoyed, which can't be said for a lot of vidya movies.

Blizzard drones that started playing WoW after Cataclysm =/= fans of franchise

It was ….eeeeh.

Like damn they had two different casts miles apart and they didn't meet except for like an hour and a half in.

a simple google will give you an answer such bruh look at this dude

I think that most modern movies should generally be faster paced than they are, and I realized that it should be doable without cutting very much that matters when I realized that Nightmare Before Christmas is only 76 minutes long, but a lot happens in those 76 minutes.

Unfortunately, as little as editors care about, not so much fast, but efficient pacing, director's don't seem to understand editing at all, if you go by "director's cuts," which usually just means "just throw in fucking everything that was cut but don't take anything out to compensate," and idiots eat it up because more movie means more value, right?

That being said, I would certainly appreciate a director's cut of this movie, but only so as to facilitate the definitive fan cut, which would also have to take a lot OUT to make this movie better.

yea man, i played the game so i foudn the movie to be pretty gud

The thing is I understand WHY certain scenes were left in, but fundamentally large amounts of footage should have been cut.

Like there was no point in the scene of two expectant orc parents. The pregnancy and what it means is established ten minutes later. You could cut that entire five minute segment and not lose a single thing plot wise, and with a few minor edits cut it down to an even two hours.

Even beyond that there are just so many wide camera pans to CG buildings that just are not necessary, and they're so bulrry due to rapid pans and so out of focus they almost give motion sickness anyway.

Run-time not being an issue, I wish there'd been more Draka and Durotan. They were really cute together. I don't think of Warcraft Orcs as cute, either. The actor and actress must have gotten along.

Most of the major Orcs didn't get much material. It was on the human side that characters got screentime. Garona was an exception because she was on both sides.

Too high.

I've been looking for fighting scenes I can make into nice webms and mp4.

Instead I get this crap. You might have been impressed in the movie theater but take a good look at the fighting.
The plot rapes the lore , the dialogue is cringe or useless so I will not even address those.

It's hard to defend it. Really really hard.

Weightless green dolls flailing around, looking huge, yet dying to scratches and being kicked away by men half their size.

Nuke this thread and everyone in it

The orcs are just big green dolls.

Look at this scene. I remember reading it in the books. It was even more retarded there since she killed a bunch of orcs, but at least wasn't barehanded, in book format this can be tolerable.

But these jumps, these passive orcs that just stand there. It poorly executed. There is no room for debate here.

Having played all of pre-Wow Warcraft, I actually appreciated the deviations from the game's plot, because it means it's not spoiled by my having played the games.

Dear lord, i just pirated this movie. Why the fuck is the pacing so fuckin bad? Holy shit balls man

You appreciate all of the lore rape from books to games, just so you don't get spoilered ?
This entire thing is based on an older story. Even with the alterations you knew very well what would happen.

Why even watch it ?
I swear you spoilerfags find the dumbest excuses to justify your crap.

The voice clip itself comes from Flipagram, whose claim to fame was roasting people on instagram.

Apparently it was heavily edited to cut length, meaning whole scenes are missing, scenes were cut at awkward places, sub-plots were taken out, but are still alluded to… It's another typical Hollywood hack job.

Holla Forums bending over for takedowns?

It's to make people empathize with the monsters. Like nigga how autistic are you?

Dem plastic looking armors, dat choreography. I thought this was high budget?

Try this.
My videos just tend to not work for some people. Something about the encoding.

What? Also, nice jump.

I watched the movie a couple days ago and surprisingly enjoyed it.
Some scenes drag but overall it was an enjoyable movie.

Oh and I really wanna fug that half-orc lady, but with the orc make-up on.

Sex sells.

I'm super confused, I saw this film abou two weeks ago here in britbongland, is there a staggered release or something? Everyone's acting like it just came out

So did I.
We get alot of these blockbuster movies earlier.

How does it feel living in a shithole?

…implied user, and proceeded to post his favourite moeshit reaction image.

lookit all them moeblobs!

that physically hurt the /k/ inside of me

Feels good.

So you enjoy the no weapon culture and getting raped by muslims?

American reviews for movies influence sales in the rest of the world, but Americans don't give a fuck what anyone outside of America thinks about the movies, so they release overseas first so as to not let American reviews influence sales.

Kind of funny honesly.

welp, i just came back from watching the movie with a friend
it was definitely a lot better than i expected, considering i had extremely low expectations from it
the cgi was actually pretty good. there were only a few rare moments when it didn't mix so well when you included the human actors, but the 3d usually made it barely visible so scenes like focused mostly on the important stuff
the highlight of the movie was definitely the orcs, they were a lot more interesting than the humans
the humans weren't bad, but they weren't particularly interesting in this case
now, here's all the lore-rape they did, spoiler alert
khadgar quit the kirin tor and was just wandering when he stumbled uppon a barracks full of dead human soldiers, killed by orcs - in the books, he was sent from the kirin tor to be medivh's student
lothar has a son, who we never knew/cared about
draenais look ugly in comparison to their ingame models, but they were only here for like a minute to be sacrificed by gul'dan
humans had pistols from the dwarves (not actually sure if that happens in the older games, i haven't played the first one)
blackhand get's his left arm blown off by lothar's pistol, replaces it with a claw like the one the predator has (pretty sure blackhand had both his hands till he was killed)
medivh burns khadgar's research on the orcs and the dark portal (in the books, they went to kill a demon in stormwind, and medivh did it in secrecy himself)
durotan goes and plots to kill gul'dan with the humans since he thinks gul'dan's fel magic is going to kill them all (he just stays out of the war in the games/books)
they get betrayed by the other orcs
garona falls in love with lothar after his son is killed by blackhand (even though in the books she falls in love with khadgar, but here i don't blame her, khadgar was pretty much shit through the entire movie)
lothar blames medivh and blackhand for the death of his son, now lothar definitely suspects something is wrong with medivh
he confronts him in a royal meeting at stormwind, but everyone thinks lothar is mad so they imprison him
meanwhile, the frostwolf orcs are imprisoned. orgrim doomhammer frees them
durotan challenges gul'dan to mok gorah, wins because gul'dan cheats by using magic, gul'dan kills him though
no orcs are willing to stop gul'dan since he's the only warlock there and he can easily kill them all since he controls their fel

part 2 in next post

in the books, durotan and his wife both get backstabbed by doomhammer and gul'dan's people, their son is lost and found by a human
here his wife has run away with thrall, puts him in a basket in a river (woah moses reference there). she gets killed by an assassin
thrall gets found by a random human at the end of the movie
by now medivh has started going full Sargeras, and has killed morouse. Also worth mentioning, morouse is sane in here, in the books he wore special headgear to protect himself from the visions in kharazan (which don't even happen here, aside from 1 human-shaped shade)
since khadgar isn't medivh's aprentice in here, we don't get to explore all the stuff that happened in the past with medivh and his mother
instead, khadgar goes to dalaran to get help on the orcs. (for some reason dalaran is already floating in the air, even though that's supposed to happen after the lich king shows up)
there the wizards initially don't want to help khadgar, since he left the kirin tor, but they do help him once they hear the name of medivh's mother
for whatever reason, her name is changed here, from aegwynn to something else that started with A, can't remember it
a black cube that's been powering the kirin tor until now suddenly opens up. khadgar enters it and finds medivh's mom
she reveals to him that medivh has been corrupted by the fel (we can't just say sargeras, now can we). also tells him "from light comes darkness, and from darkness light" as the "use the force" of the movie
khadgar frees lothar, they go to kharazan to confront medivh, while the king has taken the remaining legions to attack the dark portal . in the books, the king stayed in stormwind to protect it, while the remaining forces went with khadgar and lothar to kill medivh
in the books, the force sent to kharazan ends up discovering the underground part and fighting through demons till they find and kill medivh
this time khadgar and lothar just waltz in and find medivh chanting a spell to keep the dark portal open. apparently gul'dan is completely not related to the dark portal's stability
so they try and stop medivh from chanting.
medivh finally started looking like a demon by the way, although they did it differently. here he looks like a green white walker, while in the books he's described as if he has a flaming beard and hair, similar to sargeras
medivh enchants a giant statue to become a golem to fight them
khadgar is knocked unconscius for a bit, lothar manages to destroy the top half of the golem's head, so that it can't also chant the dark portal spell
lothar wakes khadgar up
khadgar starts chanting something while lothar tries to distract medivh
finally, right when lothar is about to be killed by medivh, khadgar teleports the golem on top of medivh, it squashes him
lothar grabs a gryphon and flyes to the dark portal
meanwhile medivh is actually alive and starts chanting a spell to redirect the dark portal to stormwind
because of that the orcs can't get in from outland, and the human prisoners and soldiers can escape
the king and garona stay behind to try and save everyone
however medivh finally dies, and the portal shuts down
so now the king and garona are stuck there
the king tells her to stab him, so that she can redeem herself and live with the horde (in the books/games, she gets mind controlled by gul'dan and kills him while he's in stormwind)
lothar arrives too late, gets knocked off his gryphon though
when he wakes up, fel blackhand challenges him to mok gorah
lothar wins
gul'dan tells everyone to kill him, but nobody follows him
as gul'dan is about to kill lothar himself, garona stops him and warns him that doing this would make the horde go against him
lothar and the gryphon take the king's body back to stormwind
stormwind proclaim lothar to be the new leader who will save them from the orcs. they aren't shown sailing off for the arathi kingdom though, pretty sure in the games they do

to sum it up, the movie definitely rapes the lore a lot, cuts some semi-important stuff from the books, i guess to save time and money
would have been better as a three hour movie with all the stuff that should have been here, but hey, for what it's worth they still did an alright job
i'd recommend it, it's fairly entertaining, but be prepared to be at least mildly annoyed by all the changes

Because he's not so autistic that he doesn't throw a shit-fit when a story about a bunch of make-believe people differed a bit from a retelling of a story about a bunch of make-believe people?

But what is the mindset of liking everything new that comes out regardless of source material ?

being a casual

How fake does everything feel? I know its 99% green screen, but does it hide it well enough with good textures and good blending of real and cg characters (sort of like Avatar did) or is it full-on prequel trilogy?

I mean, in the clips I've seen, there's some pretty bad bits and pieces, but does it go on through the whole movie and noticeably so?
I know all Warcraft lore is fucked beyond repair, even before this movie was written, so I'm not worried about that anymore.

i think it depends on whether you're watching it in 3d
i mentioned it in my earlier post, there's only a few rare moments when you can see the cgi not mixing very well with the humans, but for the most part it holds up
if you aren't wearing 3d glasses it will probably look like shit though

So it will look like shit. No way I'm going to be paying to see this movie, even less way I'm going to pay to see it in 3d.

Yes, it's great.

well if you don't want to give shekels i can't blame you
i really didn't feel like watching a poorly recorded russian dubbed version though
worst part of the experience was that before the movie we had to sit through a CISbusters commercial
i don't think it will look that badly if you're not watching it in 3d, but you'll definitely notice more shots where stuff looks like

Nah, I'm gonna wait two or so months, and get the BD torrent. If I'm gonna watch a movie that is 90% CG I want it to at least be in high quality.

I'm actually pretty sure everything close up to the actors was a practical set and everything beyond that was CG. I heard they built a lot of sets for the movie and I know I saw behind the scenes footage where the entire city streets were a real set.

I know for a fact every interior was a real set even when I thought it wasn't.

I watched it in 2D and thought it looked fine for the most part barring those 1 or 2 scenes you see shitposted over and over.

Fucking commies

So, you havent played WoW, and i assume you havent played the Wacraft games either. So why the fuck should anyone care about your opinion?

yo okay i saw WC, huge fan of WoW and WC3

so like it was pretty sick and i enjoyed it, if you like badass fantasy battles and sick ass name drops and unintentional humor and orc pussy watch it, anons, i mean you could practically smell the dirty orc pussy in the theater

Thing is, there were plenty of other scenes that fleshed out the orcs. It just seems like an odd choice for the first plot-related scene, as Go'el/Thrall had fuckall to do with the movie, only really setting up a possible future movie.

Speaking of, a theatrical adaptation of Lord of the Clans could work pretty well.

i still don't get why they didn't release the adventure game
the book was one of the best of the series
honestly, if they ever get a sequel to the movie, and it isn't orcs vs humans again, it's probably gonna be thrall

saw the movie too, it is boring as fuck.

Never played any warcraft game and now i'm never to go to play any warcraft game.

Movie was stupide and a waste of time.
The Chars looked like as they were washed with soape and they talked like stupid cunts. The fucked up diversity was brainless, the orkhuman grrr was the most boring char i ever saw in a movie, the geek wizard was one hell of a anoying guy and the king had a face of a baby who knew nothing.

it was like as if the movie tried to copy GoT sometimes and pushed hard all the Warcratf stuff in it.

yeah, most of the human characters were pretty shit in here
then again the first war was mostly supposed to be about the orcs
don't hate the games for it though, at least try warcraft 2 or 3 original warcraft has horrible controls for an rts
honestly, for everyone in the thread, i'd strongly suggest reading the warcraft books rather than watching the movie. here's stuff that's my best picks:
basically the movie, but not shit and it has backstory that the movie SHOULD have had
thrall's story (the shrek baby that's the son of durotan)
how the demons/fel/burning legion originally invaded azeroth 10000 years ago
how the orcs are originally corrupted by the demons and genocide the draenai
orcs vs humans/elves/dwarves in the arathi highlands/other alliance areas and blackrock mountain
the alliance invades draenor to try and finally destroy the orcs
set in the same time as tides of darkness, but focuses more on the dragons, specifically Deathwing, before he's gone full crazy in cataclysm

So you mods going to ban this faggatory or what?

You said you would ban reddit.

i feel like playing warcraft 3 now
are there any great custom campaigns?

Apparently it didn't meet Blizzard's quality standards. Footage of early versions exists, and it looked fine. And would have been the only game that Animation Magic worked on that didn't look like an absolute trainwreck.

Just saw the movie. It's pretty good and well directed. Doesn't hold your hand on the story telling and gets down to what you like about Warcraft, humans vs orcs. Also orcs vs other orcs.