This game is gonna be out of PreAlpha one day right?

This game is gonna be out of PreAlpha one day right?
It's gonna make FPS great again right?

i wish i could play with low ping

, –─- 、
  ( ,..-ー☆ -'
  i

Do you know what AAA means right?
This game is being made mostly for free.

Is this another NEVER EVER

Nippon was a mistake

are you retarded?

no u

I don't really care when it comes out of pre alpha, it's fun now and that's all that matters.

It's pretty good as it is tbh. Fufills my arena shooter craving nicely.

Arena shooters are what ruined Quake forever and the FPS genre in general for years.

I played the alpha and the graphics are weak as fuck. Might as well keep playing 99

I think you're confused on what you consider to be an arena shooter, do you think that Halo and Call of Duty are arena shooters?

I know right! Off topic, but can't wait for this game

shit taste man

He's probably talking about arena shooters making more FPS to focus on the online aspect rather than the single-player.
Have you ever played Quake 3's campaign? It's not just terrible when compared to the first, but it's practically a different game.

It's already pretty good man…

I didn't even know that Quake 3 had a campaign, I only ever played arena

But I suppose that is a fair complaint to make, I like arena shooters a lot but the only thing I like more than them is a good singleplayer shooter, and there are very few of them. Some that come to mind like FEAR or HL2 are good but could use improvement by having faster movement, slower bullets (and no hitscan), and more dense, open level design (they both had some parts like this to be fair).

Hey man, Angels Fall First looks pretty legit.

They didn't ruin anything considering there were still amazing single player shooters after quake.

Same, I mean, I didn't know one could be so hype for this game.

Considering how the player numbers dropped so hard, it's already dead. It's not even going to be relevant when it's "released"

There are single players shooters like FEAR and HL2 (linear, story focussed)… but there are also arena style sp shooters like Hard Reset, Shadow Warrior.

They're also not as rare as people claim. Am currently playing Hard Reset Redux and replaying The Darkness II.

Shadow warrior and hard reset are even more mediocre serious sam style horde shooters. They aren't arena shooters considering there's no arenas

Ah ok, the correct term is horde.

Calling them mediocre is pushing it though. Not much difference between them and say Painkiller.

Fuck off. I want arena shooters back.
Take your modern shooters with you.

I don't want modern shooters or area shooters.
I want more games like Duke 3D and Hexen.

That song sounds familiar. What anime was it from?

It's the most popular Arena shooter right now besides maybe quake live.
I know that isn't saying much but considering it's in Pre-alpha that isn't bad either.

no

wew this was pretty crazy, i started watching gurren lagan for the first time like 5 minutes ago, paused the opening to come check Holla Forums, and then see this, crazy coincidence

OP I misread you and thought you said this game was out of Pre-Alpha.

The funny thing is, for me it doesn't even really need to come out of pre alpha yet.

I know /a/ hates Gurren lagan but damn was that a fun anime. You're in for a great time user.

simon is such a little bitch tho, it's making me mad

He stops being one.

I still play it and have fun but fuck, it was "supposed" to be out of pre-alpha 4 months ago but extended it indefinitely. It probably wont be out of Pre-alpha for another 6 months.

i'm not even trying to make one of those HILARIOUSLY IRONIC :^) posts but i'm actually semi-interested in COD infinte, which is more than i can say for the franchise since MW2..the fact that all the annual purchasing COD retards hate the concept of this game genuinely confuses me, it's the most interesting looking/innovative one in like a decade

Quake 3 is a pure multiplayer game. Its "singleplayer" was tacked on for people with bad internet connections and as a practice mode.

I mainly run around for graphix

With the pace at which content is actually completed I would say
NEVER EVER

I don't understand why do people like this game so much. It was so boring. Heretic is way better.

They havent fucked up yet, and its pretty good.

I wanna play with some anons

Find a server and tell us then.

I really don't understand what happened with Quake 3, I mean it was a really fucking great Online Arena Shooter, but how did they go from two games that were absolutely single-player with multiplayer tacked on, to a multiplayer only game with nothing in connection with the two previous games? I mean yeah, 2 had nothing to do with 1 plot-wise either, but still.

Me too, while I enjoyed Hexen, I thought Heretic was better even though it was a Doom clone. It was just way faster, had more weapons instead of dividing them by 3 for each class, and it had more enemies on screen. The only thing I give it is that it had a more interesting level design and more features than Heretic.

Carmack always wanted to do the next big thing and test out new technology.

That game was fun, then they released an update to make it more optimized. Now I can't run it anymore.

Reminder that Quake 3 Arena is John Carmack's Magnum Opus.

Sure, they could have called it just "Quake Arena" but it's understandably much easier to generate hype for a numbered sequel than for a spinoff. Also, Quake 2 is shit so in retrospect the Quake series proper consists of Quake for SP and Quakeworld and Quake 3 / Live for MP. Two MP games vs. one SP game.

This game deserves to be played with anons much more than PS2 and that shitty wurm game.

One thing Planetside 2 has going for it is that it is fine to be a shitter and play with high latency.

Do not enable this shit