I just found out Gawker is filing for bankruptcy on the radio. does this mean sjw's lost and Reddit is going to go away?

I just found out Gawker is filing for bankruptcy on the radio. does this mean sjw's lost and Reddit is going to go away?

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/iGGMf
archive.is/crpNN
boards.fireden.net/v/thread/340366735/#340366735
desustorage.org/qa/thread/183913/#183913
rt.com/usa/346159-gawker-files-bankrupcy-suit/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Condé_Nast_Publications#Acquisitions
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Nope.

Very unlikely, the domains will be bought and renamed. Likely for far below what they are worth. Nick Denton will be in debt for the rest of his life though

dude

They were already bought out by the same company that owns IGN.

So IGN is officially a partner of cuckchan. Remember that next time you see people claiming to be from there posting here while promoting a game.

Gawker owns reddit and 4chan?

wut

So even when the Jews lose, they still win?

I'm a bit confused on the IGN matter as they were neutral if I recall correctly.

I just hope the buyout is more of a repeat of what happened with another buyout of theirs, where they essentially SHUT IT DOWN for laughs

Didn't you experience the exodus?

Moot was bought with pussy from litterally who and started banning people who supported gamergate or even talked about it on the boards.

I remember the exodus, it seemed so surreal somehow. I go back to halfchan every once in a while, and while fullchan might be filled with shit and banter, it's nothing compared to the pure cancer that is halfchan nowdays.

No they weren't, retard. Ziff Davis only showed interest.

Yes

YES

I think i have the conspiracy files, let me look it up.

Post results.

Thiel's definitely describing Reddit well, there.

I never did know Gawker owned Reddit until now. It explains a lot, a lot of things.

I wanted those dubs
Let this be lesson for you, if fate does not favor you, she favors the bold. Try until she gives you your reward

archive.is/iGGMf
It's more than interest, they're moving forward with their purchase.

I do remember that, I just didn't know there was actual confirmation about it being bought

More sauce
archive.is/crpNN

I really don't see a difference besides 4chan's more unpredictable moderation and more off topic threads

I couldn't find my files but i did find this.

No you idiot, it means the exact opposite.

so what happened was it was either Holla Forums or some other board, they went after the daughter of gawkers owner since she was being a stupid cunt. the owner wanted revenge so he hired sjw's and sent them over to 4chan to gain moderation. gawker hired this woman to get mod privileges for them, basically moot sold out for a corporate whore.

Yeah that's pretty bad, but isn't it inconsequential now that moot doesn't own it anymore?

How would it be the oposite? gawker is filing for bankruptcy how will the websites be kept up. will the new owner even want these sites up.

I got ghost banned on 4chan for posting about this. Any similar happen to anyone else?

holy shit!

Are you sure? I thought that shadowbans were impossible with the way that chans work

i check in there every month or two to reassure myself that no matter how bad fullchan Holla Forums is it can get worse, and i can honestly say this:

halfchan might have culturally turned into reddit with a worse interface but technologically something has changed and it runs way fucking better than it ever did before. i don't doubt that shadowbans are possible now

But, did you check to see if you were actually shadowbanned and not just getting ignored? Like go on with a different IP, or asking a friend to see if your post was there? Not defending 4chan, just curious about this stuff.

Well it's not letting me post anything now and there's no message saying im banned just "connection error". I wonder if it's permanent.

Do you have a single fact to back that up?

And I just noticed that you aren't the same person, whoops, sorry.

shadow bans are things spineless people use so that they dont get opposition to their echochamber at the same time cutting off anyone they dont like. they do it on some forums.

So change your IP, make the same kind of post, and see if you get that "connection error" again. That's the only way I can think of to test if it's actually a ban and not just a genuine connection issue.

wew lad

Wait 4chan might just be down. Maybe i wasn't banned. hahaha… sorry

oh

They were deleting threads about this on Holla Forums very quickly though. There were a few gaining momentum very quickly and they'd get deleted almost a minute after they were posted. One discussion was on the front page with 200 post and it got deleted.

Holy fuck.
And funnily she went for another guy lap later on the same year, hence the cuck title for Moot.
Now Gawker got cucked.

I think that he stopped giving a fuck all together, he was already a sellout at this point or until we know for now.

So after the integration and population switch, new features were integrated to censor.
Kinda funny how pic related happened despite a bunch of "anons" saying that it was just paranoid bullshit or shut-tinsaying this a chan anytime it was posted in LOL threads, back in halfchan, years before the exodus to fullchan.

4chan was sold to this guy.

Moot was hired by google to work on Google+

Moot is fucking incompetent, why did Jeegle hire him?
All he did was steel futaba's code.

Well, if the 4chan moderators didn't want the hulk hogan vs gawker thing to be known, why would they sticky a thread about it on Holla Forums a few months ago? Maybe they think that it belongs on Holla Forums and not Holla Forums (which I personally disagree with). Who knows, 4chan Holla Forums mods are pretty hard to predict.

*Jewgle

I guess you can say it's a pretty "Moot" point.

Here is my shitty edit.

Yes, welcome to America.

This is about the same time Holla Forums turned into shit. and the mini-exodus happend where everyone left Holla Forums seeking other boards. I left and found Holla Forums.

Is that really him? I always wondered what that Hiroshima Nagasaki guy looks like. He really is better than moot but that's not much of an accomplishment.

So you were apart of the cancer that originally killed Holla Forums?

Hiroshimoot seems to be alright, but he barely speaks english and makes admin posts not expecting the shit ton of replies he gets. He really doesn't seem prepared to be admin.

Did he do some shady shit in the past, I remember people saying that, or is it a different Asian?

No, I left Holla Forums 1 year before it turned to shit and 1 year before the exodus I could see where 4chan was headed since it was changed and turned into no fun allowed. Holla Forums was in alpha stage, i left to masterchan. masterchan had an idiot of an admin who let pedophiles do whatever they wanted . i tried to get him to kick them so that it could grow but he kept going on about muh freedom muh freedom. after 1 year of that and looking around for an alternative the exodus happened and Holla Forums was usable. I've been here ever since.

How is that possible? I thought he studied in the USA and created 2ch (supposedly the largest forum on the face of the planet).

Here's an example
boards.fireden.net/v/thread/340366735/#340366735 (warning huge page full of cancer)
I was exaggerating with "barely speaks english" but he clearly didn't expect to get so many posts.

You know, sometimes I think to myself

Do I:
Or do I

Yes, Its either him or Jim that datamined 2ch.

We're jumping in fire doing guesswork and hoping we chose the right admin here.

Wow, you weren't kidding. That page is almost entirely cancer. Also is there any particular reason he chose the whole pyramids and camel image? Is there some Japanese joke I'm not getting here or what?

Also I forgot to add that his Engrish still sounds plenty broken. How did he manage to get around like that in the US? Is it all just a ruse?

His grammar just ebbs and flows. In his introduction on 4chan, his posts were almost unreadable. It got better afterwards, about what you're seeing right now.

Do you have a cap or transcript of it?

desustorage.org/qa/thread/183913/#183913

No I don't, I just remember it was in that board made to announce that Moot was leaving.

Go admit defeat elsewhere.

To victors, this only means another victory, but the war is not over.

PUTSCH

might as well ask it here.

where do you guys get your gaming news?

every site I go to is yuropean so they don't report anything at this hour

Archive.IS

Holla Forums

what kind of news do you even need to read about?

Holla Forums (both of them)
Isn't that sad?

Even while ignoring meme magic and everything, the last 2 years have been pretty fucking crazy

Dude, why do you still use cuckchan after everything that's happened?

DUDE
WEED
LMAO

Mostly for boards other than Holla Forums and Holla Forums. But why do I still use 4/v/? No clue, maybe I'm nuts, maybe I think things will get better.
I'm involved in a project on /vp/ too, can't leave that.
8ch is definitely higher quality though.

It's a guilty pleasure.

You have to go back.

Not while I'm banned for doxxing a tripfag

I just go to Holla Forums, but TechRaptor is supposedly alright.

Battered wife syndrome.

word of mouth between friends and >>>Holla Forums

Holla Forums is for announcements and shitposting, word of mouth is for actually helpful opinions on what to play or care about.

Again there are boards other than Holla Forums and Holla Forums that I use. There's no alternative.

Nichegamer

The only things I miss really.

this tbh
quality seems to fluctuate on both sites this year, i remember right post exodus and last year half/v/ was pretty terrible and this place was pretty chill, now both sites vary from time to time
they cracked down hard on a couple of offtopic threads, whenever they actually feel like doing their job but even then legit threads get purged

other people, Holla Forums boards and nichegamer mainly
if you can find the right circles that arent cancer then you get up to date viable info on stuff you're interested in but its a little bit of more effort

Check >>>/irc/468

I can't believe there are people retarded enough to believe Moot hanging out with some Gawker retard is enough to believe that 4chan is owned by Gawker. Jesus fucking christ. There is a limit to how fucking retarded you can be.

Waste of trips.

That fucking shit is just plain wrong.

Gawker owns:

Gawker closed:

Gawker does NOT own:

You fucking niggers need to get your facts straight before creating threads, I swear.

A bit deader than usual, but I always felt /x/ was always pretty dead to begin with, given that most of the threads on halfchan/x/ were normally Holla Forums raids for a long time, if not Aeris or some other tripfag just fucking with everybody.

(checked)

No OP, Gawker doesn't own Reddit and 4chan.

Someone needs to take ownership of >>>/vnews/

You are a waste of resources

Wouldn't that take away from Holla Forums? Holla Forums acts as it's own decentralized vidya news outlet.

I was thinking that /vnews/ would be anything no matter what. Vidya news threads on Holla Forums don't happen except for shitty articles, bad news, and when a company that anons hate fucks up something.

Some other media company put up a bid for 100 or $110 million. So who knows, hes still under 60 million or so. It was on the front page of rt.com

rt.com/usa/346159-gawker-files-bankrupcy-suit/

I'm not Nick Denton.

My information was from wiki list of gawker owned media.

I suppose I can take it since I won't have anything till next spring

Infact, this is a funny picture.

No, your information came out of your fucking ass, you retarded piece of shit. Kill yourself.

You know what would've come up TODAY actually because they were selling their assets? 4chan and reddit as being theirs, which didn't happen, BECAUSE THEY DON'T FUCKING BELONG TO DENTON, niggityniggitynigger.

What the fuck is your problem you retard peice of shit? I made that

Image based on research i did on gawker, they owned reddit, i dont know if they sold it or not but reddit used to be part of gawker media.

Are you absolutely fucking retarded? Denton and / or Gawker never owned reddit.

Steve Huffman and Alexis Ohanian founded that piece of shit website in 2005 and in 2006 Condé Nast (a subsidiary of Advance Publications) bought it. They've been a part of Condé Nast, which is a part of Advance Publications, ever since.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Condé_Nast_Publications#Acquisitions

Again, mcfucking kill yourself for creating a shit thread with disinfo in the OP.

For a peice of shit you sure know alot about this subject shithead

I am not creating disinfo, how would this create disinfo in the first place?
Gawker owned reddit, Reddit was part of Gawker media. This is fact, i did the research on it. that is why i made that list. 4chan was not a part of gawker but at the time i could see where it was headed so i made that image as a warning.

Gawker never had any stake or investment or holdings in reddit. That company was always private and is now a wholly-owned subsidiary of Condé Nast / Advance Publications. Just admit to yourself, for one second, that you were wrong like you were with halfchan and be done with it. Those companies have nothing to do with one another.

Halfchan is basically mainstream now so of course it turned into reddit. Hell I still remember that mod who went full hotpocket mode on half/v/ to anyone who said "go back to reddit"..

They hired moot because of the power of datamining.

Holla Forums, but other than that I lick my thumb and stick it up in the air to hear what the wind tells me.

That whole fucking page is disgusting.

Didn't they file Chapter 11 bankruptcy? Pretty sure these cucks will be around, and are just gonna avoid paying hogan as long as possible.

FUCK YOU 8CHIN I WANT TO WATCH THIS BIRD VIDEO!!!!

YOU STUPID SHIT, REDDIT WAS OWNED BY GAWKER, I SPECIFICALLY REMEMBER READING IT ON GAWKERS OWN WIKIPEDIA PAGE AND EVEN SEARCHED AROUND IF IT WAS TRUE. THAT IS WHY IT IS ON THE LIST. I DONT KNOW IF THEY CHANGED IT OR SOLD IT, BUT IT WAS THERE. YOU ARE EITHER SOME DISINFO FAGGOT OR THERE IS SOME CONSPIRACY HERE.

Really, you fucking sperg? That's the defense for your argument? "I read it on Wikipedia"? Do you not realize that page was being constantly vandalized when GamerGate was at its peak?

Those are different companies. Those were always different companies. You are a retarded nigger who has had to much weed for one day.

How about you look for it right now? I know you have been trying to. You can't find anything, can you? Piece of fucking shit. That would have been plastered all over the Internet, with multiple archive.is links everywhere. But no, there's not a single shred of "evidence" to show that Gawker ever owned reddit? Why? Because you fell for ebin trolls back in the day and made some stupid image based on nothing but faggotry. Now kill yourself.

I know how to make Holla Forums much better than it is. i might work on my own chan.

You are the one sperging about reddit you faggot, just shut the fuck up.

Please show it to me. Show me one link. A single link to any website saying Gawker owned reddit at ANY point of time. Please. I beg of you. Do it. Find it.

Holy fucking shit, what the fuck is wrong with this idiot? can someone please tell me why this peice of shit is so assmad about this subject?

either an idiot or aggressive shill.

I didn't save the wiki page idiot because to me it was irrelevant. at the time it clearly said Reddit was part of gawker media.

But you were wrong and refuse to admit it. Just admit it: "I was wrong." That's it. You don't even need to type it. Just know, deep inside, that you were wrong and created an image based on bullshit because you got trolled and can't accept the fact that you did.

Given you're this paranoid and stupid, I think it will be a resounding success. You will make a great admin. Hey, maybe you and your family are owned by Gawker too, you know? I'VE READ IT ON A WIKIPEDIA PAGE, SO IT MUST BE TRUE! I'll create an image about it and then make a thread to further my point.

I AM NOT WRONG SHITHEAD, AT THE TIME I CREATED IT. IT SAID REDDIT WAS PART OF GAWKER. WHY THE FUCK WOULD I CREATE AN IMAGE BASED ON BULLSHIT? FOR WHAT PURPOSE?!

Why the fuck are you so aggressive on this subject anyways, it makes no sense.

I am "aggressively" demonstrating how wrong you are and you're the one who's sperging, nignog, hence the caps lock.

I get /cow/ now. I'll make you my own personal cow. I will follow you around whenever I see those stupid images posted.

I can write that you're an idiot on Wikipedia and it would only be incidental that it's true here. Gawker doesn't own Reddit and has never owned Reddit. I just don't know what the fuck you're thinking and throwing out some nonsense about reading it on Wikipedia just makes what you're saying even worse.

The guy you're arguing with is right to pull you up for this, because it's fucking stupid. The worst part is that it's not even regular run of the mill stupid. It's the kind of stupid that's so stupid that people have to stop and explain to you just how fucking stupid it is.

Mate, you were wrong, and you made an image without knowing you were wrong, and it's alright, humans get shit wrong all the time. What's important is that you accept that you were wrong, and grow better as a person that way.

FUCK YOU ALL!

I know i was right! I should have screenshot that page when i had the chance, I literally spent hours looking up that information on every website gawker owned, i didn't make a fucking mistake.

"I WAS WRONG!"
That's all you need to realize. "I was wrong." Say it. Live it.

Well that sounds like a mighty compelling argument, chap.

Wow great argument fagtron you sure convinced me with those hot opinions

Sure, champ. The bottom-feeding scum that is Gawker Media at one point owned one of the largest sites on the internet and then ??? and now they no longer have it and Gawker Media is in serious financial trouble. That's a totally realistic and not at all absurd belief to hold because you totally read this on a Wikipedia page but you can't show us for some reason.

Hell, in the interests of getting you to shut the fuck up, why not salvage your pride by going to the page in question and looking at the page versions to find the one with the copy of the text you mentioned. It shouldn't be that difficult, if Gawker owned Reddit for years, right? It should be super easy to go find a version of the page with that text on it.

Is it bad that I like bullying the autist? It's like finding your own personal version of Chris-chan.

I'm starting to suspect that he's a mentally deficient child, so it's probably not becoming of you. That being said, he could have ended this at any point by taking a moment for measured self-reflection. But perhaps that's beyond the capacity of a mentally deficient child.

Nah, fuck it.

You retard shits can keep talking i dont give a fuck. I know i was right. Gawker owned Reddit at one point.

the fact that you are all getting so butthurt over this means only one thing. You shitheads are either from Reddit or pushing disinfo.

I trust myself more than i'll ever trust any idiot online.

Wew lad, you must be really bad at research.

To be fair, at this juncture my baseline standard for an idiot online is you. So you're right to not trust one.

Dude, it's an anonymous imageboard. It's OK to admit you were wrong. You won't lose face.

Also,
Is really shitty tactics.
Great job fam, keep it up, proud of you.

I couldn't have made a stereotypical anonymous imageboard retard persona if I tried

My post-mortem of GamerGate is that it was really just an opening act for a larger backlash against SJWs that is now playing out on an elevated stage. The Hulk Hogan V Gawker lawsuit was the first example, and the election this year will be the ultimate example.

What I find extremely amusing as that when GamerGate discussion died down, the SJWs and white knights were all patting themselves on the back as if they'd managed to stamp out an insurrection. And then Donald Trump announced he was running for president.

except that leddit (and Pitchfork) were bought out by Conde Nast and 4chan is now owned by a Japanese data mining company you retard

Shit's really going to hit the fan when he's elected. It'll be the saltocalypse and Holla Forums/GG will be cemented as the top boogeymen of the internet.