OBJECTIVE FACT: THE BEST BOSSES IN VIDEOGAMES START THE FIGHT SLOWWALKING TOWARDS YOU

OBJECTIVE FACT: THE BEST BOSSES IN VIDEOGAMES START THE FIGHT SLOWWALKING TOWARDS YOU

You can't argue that. Its science.

He was fucking horrible, like all the hunter bosses in shallow souls.

It was so fucking nice being 12 tears old.
Enjoy it while you can, op.

(You)

I agree.

The best action games have elevator fights.

Oh lol, you did it again OP. You made a "Best Bosses" thread without disallowing shmups.

The best bosses are always HUEG, this is a fact.

MonHun has a few monsters that do that. Most do it to investigate you to see what you are, but one of them will break the fight occasionally to prance around looking all tough.

Something to be said about a proud beast, for sure.

This user gets it.

Maybe in shooters, like Metroid Prime or Vanquish.

But in beat-em-ups the HEUG bosses tend to be less entertaining,

Yup, can't argue with that.

Gehrman was the best boss in Bloodborne. Gascoigne a shit.

well yeah
the concept is that they are so sure of their skill that you arent a threat and took their time with you

Man thats such an unfair comparison. Gascoigne is the second boss of the game. His move set is meant as filter for the rest of the game. He's a basic bitch for new players. German is an end boss meant to test all the skills you mastered in the game, and on top of that he's optional.

this is acceptable
but here's my answer

This is the beat'em up cliche, it is literally in half of them or more.

Did that a couple of times but its not nearly as satisfying as using one of Genes stronger charge-up attacks across his smug face

One of Zinogre's attacks is literally just it strolling towards you while shitting out lightning.

True. Not saying any of the bosses are bad but this is the best

I fucking pity you user.

The best boss fights aren't boss fights at all.

I recently played through MGR:R. What other games are short and centered on multiple boss fights? Outside the obvious like other character action games, metroid and megaman

Disproven

What's wrong with the Stand-user of Irithyll?

I can't find the song that plays in stage 2 of his fight. Anyone know it?

You can't name a bad MGS boss. Fact.

Memesouls

Unavoidable death is always bad.

Let me revise that question,
What other good games are short and centered on multiple boss fights?

What game

Shadow of the Colossus. A lot of old side scrollers. Most traditional games have you spend most of your time on boss fights.

Shadow of the Colossus.
Demon's Souls and Dark Souls 2 are good, though.

Depends on what you like about boss fights, but there's always Monster Hunter. Gameplay is pretty much:

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate is the newest one currently in the west, but it's on the 3DS. If you want to emulate it get the PSP version, called Monster Hunter Freedom Unite. There's also MH Portable 3rd, but it's in Japanese so get a patch.
I'd link a Youtube video with gameplay, but Youtube is being a bitch for me. Imagine a guy with a massive cleaver fighting a giant dragon, while rolling around like it's Dark Souls.

niggy wtf are you thinking

I got you, user.
Pardon the shit quality.

That it has the best GAMEplay of all the GAMEs. Especially if you've never played 2 before, it makes Scholar of the First Sin 100% worth the purchase.

I mean, I've played a good few hours of it and watched the matthewmatosis review but honestly, it really isn't that good. Especially with the effigy autism.

None of them are really that good, as far as gameplay. But the actual, fully jewed out, completed version of 2 is the only one that feels like a full on fucking game that was actually completed.

sweet le meme, bro
I guess you like having hilariously unbalanced PvP and totally worthless builds even in PvE.

It's not better than Dark Souls 1, but it's better than Dark Souls 3 so eh…

Dark Souls 1 is only half good and, though that half is better than ALL of Dark Souls 2, it doesn't make up for the total dogshit tier second half of the game.

I've put countless hours in FU, tri, 3U and 4U. It's less of a boss fight game, more of a game where all the enemies are bosses. And lots of fucking grinding (which lowers the intensity of the "boss fight" aspect). Imagine playing MGR but to progress to the next level you have to RULES OF NATURE 20 times in a row.

see

Dark Souls 2 had a lot of shit too though.
I mean, shit like npc invasors having 1% drop chance items, and then there's enemies despawning after X kills.

I don't get how someone can like MonHun but hate souls, they're probably my two favorite games.

Despawning is trash, but you have to be really god damn trying to make that happen.
Also, I'm not sure if despawning still exists in Scholar, I've just been playing it at a friend's house.
But, I like invaders having low drop rates for shit. But that's just like my opinion, man.

And that "total dogshit" second half is still on par with the best areas from 2
Mostly because 2 suffers from that "best GAMEplay" you keep going on about, as well as shit enemy placement

"no"

I've heard the sin thingie fixed the enemy placement tho

Super Metroid and Strange Journey are my two favorite games but I don't complain when someone likes one and hates the other
Just because the movement mechanics are generally the same doesn't mean they're the same games. You don't craft shit in souls, dying is treated completely differently between the games, one has a shitty fanbase that can't shut up about how hard xD it is, the list goes on

lol no, it's not.
Dark Souls 1 doesn't have a single fucking area as good as Brightstone Cove. Take off your rose tinted glasses, bud. And Sin changed enemy placement. Also, it was never bad, just hard, and you're a faggot.

It's not like there are items that effect discovery rate or anything.

I feel like I'm being baited here.

I don't know man, I like em because how fucking good it feels to slay bigass enemies in both of them.

Slow walk towards you then speed dash when they get near you.

I'm not even sure how to respond to this

By accepting that you are bad at video games and that 2 is the most difficult among the Dark Souls titles.

C'mon, the hardest boss in DS II isn't harder than Flamelurker or O&S

Difficult among the DS titles, sure, but most rounds of Puyo Puyo are harder than any single souls game

DARK SOULS TITLES.

So we're just gonna move the goalposts now.
Can we stop this dumb fucking B-Team meme? God damn, just pirate Scholar and see for yourself that it's the best one.

I dunno how you fought them, but they are super weak to toxic.

Nothing is harder than fighting dozens of large guys in armor with similar movesets as bosses and not getting bored

There were never goalposts. This is a thread about boss fights, I asked for good games focused on their boss fights. You all started bitching about me calling a game whose core gameplay mechanic is exploiting i-frames "not good". Now there's an argument about which is the hardest of them, which doesn't matter when all of the entries aren't good in the first place

As a huge fucking fan of Souls, I can agree with you. None of them have been as good as they should've been.

I'm sure more games have done this but I can only think of Dark Souls 2 and the Fume Knight.

False.

Try playing something other than Le Meme Souls for once.

The best bosses are so good, you fight two of them in a row.

Give us a break, I only woke up an hour ago.

The Fear feels like a weaker Vamp fight.

Quiet feels like a weaker End fight

Sahelanthropus gets repetitive due to the large health bar

The Pain fight wasn't that fun.

The only BAD boss fight would be the Pain for me. Sahelanthropus, Quiet and Fear are okay. The others are great though.

Except he does slowwalk towards you before launching himself at you.

Elevator fights are boring as fuck.

This

Difficulty doesn't necessarily correlate to quality.

While still a challenge, Demon's Souls and Bloodborne are considerably easier than the Dark games and I still massively prefer them both to all three of the latter.