How hard is this to get into as someone who never played a BB game before...

How hard is this to get into as someone who never played a BB game before? I wanna try something new and people say the netcode are good and it got very good steam reviews so why not? What are some easy to learn chars to start out with and for what i seen on youtube it looks fun

bump

Just bought CP Extend for Vita. For some stupid reason I really enjoy fighting games on portable consoles. Maybe because my first fighting game was street fighter alpha 3 on gba.

Getting the steam version here. How fun is it for casual fighter game fans and how hard is it to be semi good at?

Fighting games are autismo simulators, so if you're not ready to put in some hours learning the mechanics don't bother. It's quite technical, but tons of fun.

I dont mind putting some hours in but i found Tekken Tag Tournament 2 to be too complex for me

If this is not nearly as hard to be ok at i am going to buy it i dont mind a skill floor but TTT2 was just overkill for me with all the tag combos shit you need to learn

Never played TTT2 but from the little Tekken I've played it seemed 100x easier to master than BB.

BB is stupid easy to get into

Aside from having a lot of singleplayer content for a fighting game (Story, arcade, score attack, Abyss mode, which is essentially a rougelite fighting mode), the tutorial is literally several hours long and goes in depth on every mechanic, down to character specific tutorials all voiced by the games best waifus. Sticking with just the basic tutorial is enough to jump right in though.
Story mode is one long VN, and if you have no knowledge of the previous games or any of that characters then you're pretty much fucked in terms of understanding.

It's not as hard as Guilty Gear, but some of the mechanics can be challenging (negative penalty, which makes your character weaker for spamming/whiffing attacks).

Jin, Ragna, and Noel are easy to use, and can help you get into the game. The others are a little harder to use.

By the way, enjoy playing an outdated version of the US/European release with its disc-locked characters while Arksys makes a new version with said characters for free in Japan.

You might hate BlazBlue and Guilty Gear if you hate learning the technical mechanics. They're pretty complex, but BB is slightly easier.

The later Tekken games are very hard for most beginners who didn't play it since the PSX days or Tekken 3/4. You really have to know your character inside and out to win, and if you suck at dashing, escaping throws, and juggles, your experience is going to suck (which is why some older Tekken players sort of dislike 3-7).

Honestly, BlazBlue isn't much better because you need to know your shit like in Guilty Gear. I wouldn't call Hazama, Bang, Terumi, and anyone else they added easy characters to use.

It doesn't explain everything iirc CS's tutorial. It was good, but some sections were poorly done (e.g. all the character tutorials).

the hardest part of blazblue is keeping up with the fucking iterations.
its almost as bad as fucking assassins creed on top of the localization hitting stateside by the time the next iteration is out in jp arcades.
most serious players import constantly.

This. Arksys hates its international fanbase, and never releases the current version of their games out of Japan for a year or more.

…Guilty Gear Xrd -REVELATOR- came out in NA 10 days after it's Japanese console release.

That literally just happened. What the fuck are you niggers on?

I had been following arcsys stuff from about the time of Holla Forums's #reload netplay threads until i think BBCP
i apologize if my information was outdated.
though my original comment still holds true if you're pc.

Well, color me surprised.

But yea, you're still kinda fucked with BlazBlue.

Well, both BlazBlue CPE and Guilty Gear Xrd -SIGN- came out on PC before a console version of the next game was out. They're improving.

Release dates for the Japanese and NA version of Central Fiction sound really close. I wouldn't be surprised if it's closer to -REVELATOR- than CPE this time around.

The abyss mode seem like an cool mode. How long is it? I like more orginal modes rather than the standard arcade and online modes. Spent a lot of time in Soulcalibur 2 Conquest Mode and the Chronicles of the Sword mode in SC3

I was completely new to fighting games (apart from playing MK and SF2 as a kid) and got both Guilty Gear Xrd and BBCP around the same time. I honestly found GG to be easier.

Perhaps because of the larger playerbase giving me opportunities to play and learn, but I don't think the BBCP tutorial was as helpful as the GG chalenges etc.

I think there is "Endless Abyss" in the end.
Unlimited Mars Mode is the best btw.

I was a complete casual to fighting games who had never played them but Blazblue was my first one and I was able to pick it up and play it alright. It's an easy enough game to get into the basics of fighting games if you have never played them before and if you have played them before then it should be pretty easy to get the hang of it. The story is pretty fun if yo ucan keep up with it but you won't understand any of it if you haven't played the older games, just know that it involves time travel and shit then don't give it any more thought unless you want to try reading the wiki for hours.

Easy to use characters are Carl, Rachel and Hazama. Be careful of some of the more advanced ones like Ragna and Noel who have extremely deep playstyles with lots of variety in how people usually play them.

Thanks for the help i am buying it soon

Why you say things like that? You have deep hatred for humans?
They are fun though.