What the fuck happened with this show? Do you remember when it first started airing nearly 10 years ago...

What the fuck happened with this show? Do you remember when it first started airing nearly 10 years ago? I watched a few of the new episodes and some youtube videos to get recaps and it's just SUPERDUPERLORE, Jake was a Rape Mpreg Baby, Alien Cuckolding with the Elephant and Pig, how did this come out of a wacky and goofy show?

Do you remember when you first watched Adventure Time? What were your thoughts of the first episodes and what it became?

Other urls found in this thread:

hooktube.com/watch?v=g4FgdZsZ0fs&t
archive.fo/Q5w6R
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Well at first I thought it was nothing but dumb fun just 2 guys going on quests fucking shit up and trying to become the ultimate hero. Which kind of happens Finn fucks the Lich and gets the girl (in his age range on top of it too). Then the next season comes along and shits ALL over it was not even a serious episode just some fucking random "Oh we cant have Finn be happy Bubble Gum Princess needs to be back to being 18"

That arguably is where the show tumbles down that event as a result turns Finn the fucking Human who was mostly known for his brash attitude and not giving a fuck mentality into a beta bitch boy who cries over not being to have a stable relationship.

It started out as lolrandom bullshit adventure show and turns into cuckholding.

The creator was originally just making a cool show about stuff he thought was funny, because he was a nerd who liked D&D and stuff like it. Then the show gets successful, so he starts hiring on other people to help with the show. His fame attracts the attention of assorted harpies who had weaseled their way into jobs with Cartoon Network… and then they took over. They slowly consumed the show and made it more tumblry and tried making it darker and edgier with all their ham-fisted attempts at lore and character development.

Instead of wanting to make the show he wanted to make, Pendleton Ward gave up. He was such a weak-willed sack of shit that he convinced himself that it was better to let a bunch of strong womyn take over his project and make it all about dating and daddy issues. He took a backseat role early on, and then eventually stepped down entirely, only showing up to do some voices and nothing else.

I watched it as a kid and after two episodes never watched it again unless there was nothing else to watch but from what I got from it, it was just really immature, and when it got serious, it tried being so mature you had no time to get invested so you didn't.

Jojo thread.

No, he is not.

I'm not saying he's innocent at all. I'm saying he was complicit in allowing the show to turn to shit and even made it worse by stepping down from his own show.

Killer Queen is still my favorite stand.

YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

>>>/a/

Pretty sure he's saying the exact opposite of that.

Nope

You were spot on until this point, you see those hangers on and shrews that youi mentioned (especially Sugar) helped push the show to DEEP levels, and while not bad at first, because I honestly liked the first few Ice King backstory episodes, but eventually they just did that shit for its own sake, and the incessant desire to return to status quo became so self defeating that eventually it became pointless to pay attention to the show as they follow the cycles of Buildup, Hype, Payoff, then Return, making everything pointless. This has happened tons of times (Flame Princess romance, Jakes family, Finns Dad\Losing an arm, Marceline losing her vampire powers, so on). On top of this you have Ward and the team just going out of their way to shit on the main characters and then act like they're different and deep because of it. It's all such a shit show it's only worth following for the cringe of the staff and just seeing how bad it can get for Finn himself.

I feel like Bravest Warriors was his real passion project and unlike Adventure Time it actually ends on a pretty high note assuming season 3 is the last.

considering how many years it took for them to even put out season 3 I think it's a safe bet.

Never actually saw that, what's so good about it?

It's more or less the good aspects of Adventure Time.

So basically, if you liked early Adventure Time and wanted more of that before Sugar influenced it check it out. Stay far away from the comics tho.

I saw a couple of episodes from the first season recently. I don't mind the direction the show went to, even when it could be better, the end result was better than the original idea. I still don't understand why people liked the original idea when it was patient zero of "lol so randum" shit, or maybe just another patient of it.

Were you not a kid when Invader Zim was on TV?

Did an ATfag from halfchan wander into Holla Forums

Lately cuckchan's been fucking up again, this time breaking image posting, so a number of their faggots came here. Just bully the newfags till their ass bleeds, look at the Gwenpool thread for example or any of the faggots with a grammar level of a grade schooler. They're so obvious to point out.

Yes, and they fall in completely different categories. Invader Zim and even The Grim Adventures are more disgusting and bizarre than they are random, they usually had to do with Zim's alien tech or Grim's powers. Embed related, take a look at min 4:04.
There's nothing to salvage, it was shit then and it continued to be shit till it's very end. The only reason the show was interesting was because of the destroyed earth theory until the writers went full retard with it.
embed are having troubles, fuck it, have the link hooktube.com/watch?v=g4FgdZsZ0fs&t

I wouldn't know, I don't go to cuckchan.

Invader Zim was one of those shows you came across during your edgy days and laughed with because it was so lolrandumb. And then you watch it years later and you wonder wtf you ever saw in it. The biggest loser is Jhonen Vasquez. All these years later and he's still a huge joke living off a fanbase that only likes him for his meme cartoon show.

I used to wonder which cartoonist hated their fans more, Jhonen Vasquez, Fred Gallagher, or Ian Jones-Quartey.
Then I discovered John Campbell.

Well, okay, there's Gerard Ashworth, but I think he just hates comics and other cartoonists more than he hates the readers themselves specifically.

Never forget that one Japanese musician that committed suicide because he hated that his music was being used in the Nico Nico version of YouTube Poops.

I see your point, but that doesn't change the fact that "lolsorandum spoon of DOOM XDDDD" started cropping up right after Invader Zim was a thing.

sauce pls

I fail to see how a hipster's attempt at being evangelion and forced drama is much better than lolrandumb

I thought Pendleton went on to do that youtube series that was m rated or something? Like mentioned.

I know I shouldn't be surprised but it's still disappointing.

It was fun to have a show about beating up bad guys and going on adventures.

Why the fuck are people saying AT started with "lol so random" adventures?
They went to different places and did different shit from episode to episode, dealt with different people, used different "items" but it was all in the context of this magical world and it fit in it.
It's like people forgot what random even means, even in the context of the penguin of doom pasta.

raining sword was quite random and COOL

user, your shiftkey is broken.

why does this board attract the most retarded and deluded autists/

Cuckchan refugees, mostly.

Im staring at one now.

explains shift key cuck i guess

Just report and ignore the shift key/"hey Holla Forums"/sagespammer.

user your shiftkey is broken.

damn
the obvious answer is the entire staff jumped into a pool of koolaid and drowned
they also probably ran out of fun ideas and fell back onto relationshit drama because it's piss easy to create and it draws in the cancerous shippers for reliable views

Well mostly Penward lost control and saw ahead of time that the newer writers were going to push him out. I think he just ran out of ideas and decided to quit while it was still good quiting. Also user, why in the world are you namefagging?

makes sense

Yes and no
What happened is that the writers got so far up their asses when season 2 turned up to be such a big success, they were allowed to have more "creative freedom" to make the show a bigger deal, good on paper, horrible on execution.
The pozzing really started with Natasha Allegri (the cunt who did the Bee & Puppycat scam) pushing for PB & Marceline to be lesbos, and it got worse from there on, with Jesse Molywhatheverhislastnamewas pushing for going the "philosophycal" route and be as pretentious as possible and rip-off Evangelion as much as possible, Xayaphone was allowed to be a head writer instead of a support one (he's responsable for Red Throne), etc.
It's quite the spiral of madness with Adventure Time

And this

And yes, quit namefagging for fuck's sake

What scam would this be?

Who would've thought that one little relationship and the writer's inability to do anything with it would lead to Finn becoming an eternally cucked soyboy reincarnation of the asteroid that once destroyed the planet?

Kind of fucked up how it worked out. I'm not sure on what most cartoons are like, but I get the feeling actual adventure stuff aimed at young boys is few and far between these days.

Yet another kikestarter "success."

i have zero sympathy for anyone who gets scammed over this sort of shit

Nigga you gay or something?

It's the "Hey Holla Forums" faggot trying to start shit up between boards. Some cuckchan rapefuge, most likely.

That wouldn't be the case because im the usual user that does it and i haven't done it once in this thread.

Hey Holla Forums

im a celebrity around here friendo watch your mouth or my goons will git ya

So how many are these now? We've had Truthseeker, Hijinks, kajrul, Trulu or however you spell their names, i know im forgetting 3 more.

Fuck, i forgot killcen or something. I remember there was an artfag that namefagged but i dont think that counts.

I wish someone had archived his /cow/ thread, it was quite the experience.

He had a /cow/ thread? What did they find out?

Is that shit still going or did they finally end that scam?

No words so far, she sent the last episode to date to her backers via e-mail, and asking them not to leak it, and then she sent some mini-comic as an update where she talked about random junk nobody cared about, but not a single word of the cartoon
Last time she showed her retarded ass, she made the art for one issue of Kate Leth's Hellcat, and boy it was a shitfest when it got storytimed here

I heard it was put behind a pay wall.

Anons posted it here a fuckload of time ago, I had it on my previous PC but it got lost, and it's a big whole of nothing happening for like 20 minutes, so you're not missing much

How is that possible?

Nigger I watched it when it was a fucking pilot on Nickelodeon

It should have ended with season 2

znd checked for absolute truth

What the fuck were you born after 2000 or some shit?
Red Throne alone is objective truth of how bad it is, but also the waste of time episodes like every episode with jakes kids except the ones about jakes parents

that was a montage and it was fine compared to shit like lemongrab and the recent shit the talking genderqueer lamp and all the 4 elements shit

also hooktube is just youtube embeds, and your link had too much shit on the end, it was g4FgdZsZ0fs not g4FgdZsZ0fs&t

Why do you lie?

Who ? Joolius ?

But I haven't.

The more I learn about you the funnier it gets.

I've always felt we should block phone posters, any user worth his salt can bypass it anyway

Hey Reddit.

archive.fo/Q5w6R
here it is my friends

honestly, when I first saw the show I was not super impressed if you actually watch the first few episodes they feel really clunky. overall it was a cute show with bright colors, nonthreatening fine for kids…. but (((they))) can never leave anything like that. I also kind of wonder if it's a side effect of social media contaminating these shows? the most vocal and cancerous fans always seem to seeped into the minds of the creators and then the show goes to shit. ( tumbler has basically hijacked every major animated show for the last 10 years). stuff like this didn't happen in the 80s or the 90s or even the early 2000 because creators and (((fans))) had a pretty large barrier to keep them part…. thanks to Twitter and social media in general that's just not possible.

and perhaps the saddest thing is the show won't be over, it's probably going to get a million reboots (like Ben 10).

Ben 10's only had one reboot tho, the other shows more or less followed a fixed timeline going from young Ben to edgy teen Ben, to still edgy teen Ben, to fun teen Ben who had to run away from like a third of his enemies because they were evil alien ladies that wanted his dick/

user your keyboard seems to be broken.

fun ben was pretty good tbh

Nope, season 4's been out for a week or two now. It's no longer hand drawn but made in flash, and the story arcs / plot are even more contrived than it was in season 3. The surreal aspect of it's storytelling was completely dropped in favour of extremely blatant shipbaiting.
Sound familiar?

Honestly it's kind of surprising how this turned out. I watched the earlier episodes and it seemed like this chill adventure series with some lore. At first I thought the lore was ok since it was just hinted at and gave the impression of a larger world. Never knew it would get so convoluted.

So it seems like Pendleton Ward was forever doomed to destroy his own creations then.

user, your shiftkey is broken.

bump

…. Then I’m not even going to bother with season 4 and pretend 3 was the last. He needs to stop letting this happen to his cartoons or stop doing it himself.

The main strength of the show was always what could be accomplished within ten minutes. (As well as Jake shapeshifting. ALSO HATED THE EXPLANATION FOR WHY HE IS A SHAPESHIFTER, WHY COULDN’T HE JUST BE THE MAGIC DOG? FUCK) I differ from most posters here in that I believe Finn’s romantics are phenomenal cringe humor. However I am not even sure if that was entirely what they were supposed to be. Finn’s loneliness as The Human is important to the show, but it seems like the creators are missing their own point sometimes. Finn handles himself well when he isn’t being treated with Plot Radiation.
Quibbles aside: the show got cancer. Very few concepts can be milked beyond three seasons. There are high moments, but they get spread very thin. You stick around for your favorite side character until they get derailed too. For fucks sake, by the end even most-precious BMO was given a spooky storyline.

it got gangbanged, homeslice. too many cooks in the kitchen. the soup of the soup of the soup of the duck. (if anybody on this board got a Yiddish folk tale reference I would be impressed by their deep (((LORE))) knowledge)

I'll say this much: I loved the show and despite the nay-saying here I kept loving it until it became patently clear that there would be no lasting impact to their plot arcs (last straw was when FP broke up with Finn due to Finn being a dumb shit).

I heard the show's over or nearly over. Has there been anything of worth past that point?

OG Adventure Time and Adventure Time after CN threw it and RS in the gutter are almost two different shows. I still watch it and I don't think it's bad, it's just that it is almost unrecognizable. It's turned into something that some people don't want to watch. I think after season 4 is when that transition started, with more focus on arcs, background characters, and romance. For a show to go on for so long and have so many storyboarders come and go it was almost inevitable. I knew it was going to happen when other writers left Adventure Time to work on other projects. What I don't like is how many people that dropped the show try to describe recent AT as gloomy and lifeless. All it is is uninteresting. There are too many episodes where the focus is something that nobody gives a fuck about, and to make matters worse there isn't an attempt at trying to be interesting.

Looks like you left after The Red Throne, season 6 was subpar because a decent portion of it focuses on background characters and there's a build up for the finale that is cringe-worthily anti-climactic. Season 7 was breddy gud, there are quite a few episodes I actually enjoyed. Season 8 is very plot based but is actually better. The build-up for both seasons sucks though. Season 9 is bad.

Forgot to add: Adventure Time's greatest problem is that there is no actual point to the show. The show started out as two adventurers (but not really) screwing around in Ooo so it's difficult to end the show as an "end" the show. There was never a starting point to begin with.

well, i think most of us agree it's phenomenal cringe at least

feel free to call me a faggot as I haven't watched much of the show and this is kind of a dumb argument but I felt the entire show was fandom pandering

It started as cutesy LOLSORANDOM shit to lure in normies
it then turned to 2deep4u loreshit
then rule 63
then relationship drama
then had ice king lectured on gender by a fucking lamp round peak socjus time
and finally gay shipping

You're a faggot with an intelligence and linguistics of a minor. How's that?

Well that's just obvious broken keyboard user.

yeah I thought as much

The shows still complete fucking garbage though.

i mean it had some elements of thta in there, but the episodes, while generally self-contained at this period, had their own logic they mostly adhered to
rule 63 happened first out of all that iirc, but yeah, pretty much spot on outside of the first point

You know user, agreeing/ responding with yourself is a sign of mental degrade.

That's obvious by now, only a dumbass like you would question it.

this tbh

user, why are you agreeing with me insulting your own post?

so what are the chances of the koolaid fad dying down and a new light hearted adventure cartoon coming out?

Depends, when are you getting your keyboard fixed.

user, your keyboard appears to be damaged.

The Koolaid is in the drinking water in California user, unless we get something outside of California like Pete and Pete its gonna be a long ass time.

It's a gay show and if you ever liked it at any point then you're a faggot

It appears one of your keys is damaged.

John Dimaggio comes to palm springs sometimes, what should I tell him?

It's a shitty cartoon for children. Nothing "happened" to it, it was always poorly drawn lolrandom crap.

It's more like the ones running the shows are part of those autistic groups. They're not tumblr pandering they are tumblrfags themselves. The 2deep4u was really only about 3 episodes of season 6, drama isn't really a thing after season 6 either, at least not entire episodes having it be the focus such as Breezy and The Red Throne. The gay shipping isn't really pandering because the ones behind it, Adam Muto and Rebecca Sugar, are tumblr trash themselves. It doesn't surprise me that tumblr trash puts tumblr trash in their shows. Besides that's been a thing since season 3, but only got serious about it in season 7 onward. Friends Forever, the episode with the talking lamp was more philosophical, but while the episode is interesting it really only delves into the surface level.

I first came across this show when I saw that early episode where Marceline kicked Finn and Jake out of their house. I really liked how silly and fun it was, how weird and out there it could get. The last I saw of it was the Lemonhope two parter, where I dropped it and never looked back.

Jojo on the other hand is still good shit. Jobin and his kid are being shanked by Weather Report 2 and there's a new Rohan OVA coming soon. Hopefully we'll get to Part 5 before too long.

I kind of liked BW, but I could never care too much about to it keep watching.

You're the King of Faggots sitting on your throne of dicks in a pool of moldy jizz.

>>>/a/

>>>/reddit/

dead show
dead board
dead site
F

same fucking thing happened to regular show.
like 90% of the seasons were filled with relationship drama episodes and then they slap that good ol' fun episode for the finale everytime

No way. He hates his fans.

bump za dusto

He quite literally states in his Rolling Stone interview that he was too autistic too handle the job of director, so he left the show to Adam Muto and went home to play skyrim and eat pizza.

user why are replying to a 2 month old post in a shitty dting thread?

because jews won

I think the DEEPLORE could have worked if they just kept the damn tone right. I liked the Kid Going On Adventures fun and silliness as well as the Lich Oh Shit! tone, but then they got philosophical in ways that really didn’t make sense.

Also, the constant cucking of poor Finn really did a lot to make the show unappealing. The show began its death spiral after he broke up with Flame Princess and was dead after the Bee lady magically gave Finn his arm back.

I really did like it for a while, so it’s upsetting it just got so overwrought and downery. Like I said, it wasn’t necessarily the content, but the tone. That pseudo-philosophical bullshit just dragged the show down and made a show that should have been making you happy just make you feel empty inside.

I’ll probably go back and watch the rest eventually, though I know it will hurt