Atelier Sophie: The Hipster Magic of the Mysterious Book

Anyone familiar with this series or this game? Is this worth picking up? Is it good? Is it comfy? Is it fun ?

The series has the best crafting in video games.
Problem is the quality varies a little from person to person

if you like watching cute girls doing cute stuff, you should play it, remember to get the plus versions, good luck with that, the release on systems are all over the place, specialy digital/physical.

I'd actually say fuck the VITA versions, unless you love horrible framerates

Only redeeming feature is the excellent crafting system. The rest is the most tedious JRPG shit you could imagine.

i tend to prefer turn based RPG combat over action/RPG.

i actually have a ps4 i dont believe there is a "plus" version? do you mean like the storybook package and that shit?

didnt they promise a rerelease of a trilogy?
pc release when?

i meant the plus versions of the previous games.

This is the best series to play if you like bullying girls.

Every previous game has had a normal version, and then a year or so later a plus version would be released.
In all but Shally the plus version was just the normal version with the DLC and other minor changes.
Shally the story got changed, but it's Vita only and suffers from horrible framerate we're talking sub 10 at almost all times.

Shally is supposedly not getting a Plus release, and from what I heard the PS4 version is pretty solid, I wouldn't know though because amazon is sending my copy by foot in spite of me being a whole 35 minutes from the district's amazon warehouse

Second Shally should be sophie.
I'm a dumbass

Do you have amazon prime? i get pretty fast shipping when i use that to order games.

so the vita and ps4 version of sophie has a different story?

FUCK I MEAN THE THIRD.
I SHOULD JUST COMMIT SODOKU

okay let me just retype what I meant because I'm a pants on head retard.

Atelier Shally had a bad story, so for the Plus release, they rewrote it. The plus release being vita only suffers from awful sub 10 FPS with constant frame drops.

They claim they have no plans to release a Plus version for Sophie.
Sophie is solid on the PS4, I wouldn't know because Amazon is being slower than fuck shipping it to me.

The series as a whole is decent and will give you your JRPG fix if you're hurting for one. Crafting system is the only notable feature, everything else is standard fare for the genre. There used to be a calendar system that imposed a time limit (passed by crafting, battling, gathering or traveling) on you before an ending was eventually triggered, though it was never horribly strict. That mechanic was removed in Shallie and it appears to be staying that way from now on since Sophie didn't have it either. Decent quality games for how little time they take to pump them out, but you'll burn out quick trying to play more than one of them in a row. The earlier games have some pretty inconsistent English voicework if you care about that type of thing.

Are we talking just the Dusk ports here? I went from E&L on PS3 to Totori Plus and never really noticed anything jarring. Maybe I'm just fucking blind to dips from playing on consoles exclusively for so long though.

haha, ok, so sophie isnot getting a plus release? that sounds good. i always feel like if i buy an original, then they come out with a "plus" that i bought an incomplete game.

I think i'll give it a try… and try to get the pre-order dlc clothes.

what does this mean??

what was bad about it?

bunch of casualfags

It means that I'm going to bully Totori.

Eh there were some parts that dragged really hard and it basically constantly teased a larger plot that never went anywhere.
If you played as tomboy there was a section where her mom gets fantasy cancer, and she spends an entire chapter moping while Blackhair Shally goes and makes the cure for said fantasy cancer

like this?

The collector's edition is really hard to find around these parts, holy shit.

whats the retail price for it? i found it online for $200 but i dont know if thats scalper prices or not.

Ok Atelier fags, I want to play this shit on my PSVita but the wikipedia page for this series confuses me about the release order/chronological order of these games.

What's the best order to play the Plus versions?

wrong, Mortal Online has the best crafting of all games, but its a buggy mmo that tries to be mount&blade and ultima online at the same time and fails miserably

You can't make this shit up. Almost as cringeworthy as that self-insert gary stu rogue trader from waaay back

Just play in the release order, user, the original release order. The version you should play are the plus version.

DAI is full of this kind of writing. AND WORSE

Arland: Rorona->Totori->Meruru->Rorona NG+
Dusk: Ayesha->Escha&Logy->Shallie
Arland series and Dusk are separate stories, you can play whichever one you want first (go with Arland if you want release order)

the kind I got when I read that

NISA released it in EU and Gust is too small and can only release like two games a year to survive so PC never

yeah, NISA also handled the US deluxe edition IIRC

That means Escha & Logy still has a time limit?

God they're really cranking these out.

yup it does

fug

Yes, but it's so lenient it may as well not exist. I remember on my final playthrough I had to sleep through full years just so I could get the ending I wanted.

Uh, fuck, I need this.

The crafting is the best part of this series.

Well they claim they're not doing a plus release, we'll see if that actually holds.

Dat ass is phat.

Do we finally git a gud animu?

What did they change exactly? That seems like an odd complaint to me anyway as the stories in these games were never complex or great.

I really don't know, I didn't think it was too bad, but they got a lot of complaints so it got rewritten, there were some pretty stupid parts, but I didn't think it would require a rewrite.
But Ayesha is actually introduced and shown along with some other changes. I don't remember exactly

It's weebshit. If you're a weeb, you might like it, if you're not, you won't.

From the OP pic, the graphics for the game look great (although there's this strange artifacts around the lines). That should have been what Ragnarok Online 2 looked like. Dayum Shame.

guess I'll give the thread a sympathy bump to see if it can survive e3 posting

It's mostly the characters that look good
A lot of the environments look pretty bad, they haven't improved much from Gust's PS3 games

Anyone else having fun making broken ass items again? Sophie feels like it's more closely related to Arland than Dusk in terms of story, enviornments and general tone.

Which party members is everyone running? Using Leon, Fritz and Platcha right now.

Micro transaction in sequels, what do?