Berserk Musou anyone? There's an anime of the Black Swordsman arc coming next season...

Berserk Musou anyone? There's an anime of the Black Swordsman arc coming next season, the time is now for giant swords and little witches.

gamecity.ne.jp/omega_new/

Bleeding letters isn't enough to convince me. I'd be hella glad if it were a Berserk game, but it's not really a guaranteed thing in my mind.

Clearly they are finally doing the Precure musou fans have been begging for

Why would I want a game about a mediocre anime with musoushit gameplay?

What's the appeal of musou games? It looks like it's just a button mashing game with no difficulty.

Tits and ass

Oh wait you meant in general not just Senran Kagura.

Read the manga, Nerd.

Sure
Fuck off with that trash

The difficulty isn't so much not losing, but in winning better.

Play them and find out. The appeal can't really be described.

The last Musou game that could even be considered decent was SW2E. Musou is trash.

Musou a shit.

The existing Berserk games were musou enough and they were extremely shit, so this one is probably going to be shit too. Fuck that.

Definitely not Musou. Gameplay is too simplistic and Gutts only fights a group of 10+ enemies alone like 3 times. The older games did well by making your swings fast but every attack carries you so you can't just cancel attacks to avoid enemy attacks while you swing wildly. I think they would work well as Action/Adventure games with a linear stage progression. Not sure if they should have it where you have your whole, massive, moveset from the start or you gain abilities as the games goes on.

Being a one-man army, it's repetitive as all hell on paper but there's an absolute magic to it.

It's just something you gotta try to see if you like it, which is plenty easy since the PS2 Dynasty Warriors and Samurai Warriors games are easily emulated, and Dynasty Warriors 8 XLCE for PC is easily pirated with all DLC.

It sounds like it's just visually impressive but with no real depth.

Omega Force games are utter shit. They should fuck off already and stop doing half-assed licensed games, or any kind of game for that matter.

Berserk deserves better than this trash.

Visually impressive with a draw being you're a one-man army that can take on thousands of grunts without sweating, your only real opposition being other one-man armies. Loads of different weapon-types or skillsets with each character getting a unique moveset along with big rosters (I think DW8 topped out at around 80 officers to play as). Later games add a bit more depth through rock-paper-scissors systems of weapon elements and the like, and Hyrule Warriors introduced massive monsters to take down.

It really is just something you've gotta play for yourself to see if you care for it, words don't do it justice and it sounds like shit trying to explain it.

Toukiden had a bad pc port. But Hyrule Warriors and Dragon Quest Heroes were both fun.

The thing about Musou is that you can't just make a bundle of all of them together and claim "Yep, that's musou." and judge them all at once. Musou is a genre, dominated by Omega Force sure, but even within OF there is a bunch of variations.

Dynasty Warriors is different from Sengoku Basara, which is different from Hyrule Warriors, which is different from Dragon Quest Heroes which is different from Senran Kagura: Shinovi Versus.

And of course, some of them suck shit, some of them have a different appeal, that's just the way it goes. So saying "It looks like it's just a button mashing game with no difficulty." it's generalizing it a lot. Good luck mashing buttons on Sengoku Basara at the highest difficulty and managing to finish the levels.

Of course, almost every musou allows you to grind until you're GOD HIMSELF and the final boss hits you like little pebbles, but that's optional, you can grind until you destroy the Earth 9 times in a row in most JRPGs, doesn't mean JRPGs are a shit genre.

Fucking never ever. ;_;

Gotta get into Hyrule Warriors but Nintendo had to overcomplicate their faggotry by releasing another one on the 3DS and never ever lowering their prices or having sales.

Dragon Quest Heroes is indeed, fun, but I had to stop right before the final boss battle because it just killed my toaster.

Just pirate Legends (on New 3DS for best results, O3DS is playable but has framerate issues and there's fewer enemies on-screen) since you get all Wii U DLC with it.

My only real issue with it is you can tell it's supposed to look better than it does, I saw footage of the Wii U version after my only contact with the game was the 3DS version and was absolutely floored by how good it looked with a little voice in the back of my head saying it was how it was supposed to look.

Considering I'm a faggot who started off with Samurai Warriors Xtreme Legends and was already suckered by Tadakasu, this music was my favorite of the entire series and genre. I don't know why.

Still, I'm not really a fan of musou games, I think the more DMC-ish approach is better because you feel less restraint with that approach. It may just have been Samurai Warriors but I've never felt in control or in charge or as a ninja(as hanzo) in any musou game, except maybe Basra.

It's gonna come to PC too, the dragon quest and other manga ones they did, no reason this won't.

hyrule warriors is the shit

Conviction is 5 times better than Golden Age

Monsters deisgns were ok but
Yeah nah.

Why not make a good game instead?

How did it go full DBZ exactly?
Lost Children and Birth Ceremony are pretty much the best bits in Berserk.

stop replying to shitty trolls

Yeah totally not DBZ.

Far more than one potentially good manga went that way, so I know it when I see one.

Most of Guts' character arc is in Conviction along with the physical rebirth of Griffith.
Guts doesn't get any new abilities after the eclipse until halfway through Millenium Falcon.

When will Summer be over?

It is you who should grow up

Why…

Jesus Christ is this a fan project?

Is it really so much to ask to get a 2d anime adaptation of Berserk without fucking disgusting cgi bullshit.

If they absolutely must use CGI no exceptions then could they at least make the framerate not absolute garbage? Fucking hell.

You guys know the shitty CGI could be just for the opening theme, like JoJo.

Also, that guy is right, the anime went full DBZ.
It used to be about one man seeking revenge for something that haunts him.
Now there's a fucking monkey kid and an admittedly cute loli girl and two god damn retarded fairies. He has a whole fucking annoying Final Fantasy party.
Part of the reason I liked Berserk was because it felt so solitary. That's long fucking gone.
The only way I see the series redeeming itself from all this, for me, is if it ends with Guts sacrificing all his friends to demons so he can be as strong as Griffith, thus proving Griffith WAS the good guy the whole time.

sorry, i meant manga

It's not, the whole fucking thing is a CGI abomination, at one point they were going to use CGI with 2D but it looks like they are going pure CGI now. Pic related.

I dont think its possible have a nice things in current year.

I'm not going to tell you to go ahead and preorder anime or whatever, but I suppose I have just a little more faith than you. We'll see, though. Even if it sucks ass who cares, it could never be as good as the manga regardless.

Have you not seen this board today?

Are you a gay lol

How many applicable characters even are there for a Berserk Musou game?

-Guts
-Griffith
-Serpico (after getting his wind sword)
-Shierke (which would be bullshit because her magic limits her to standing still and preparing magic circles and crap all the time)
-Zodd
-That Bakiraki clan leader who gets his face kicked in and humiliated by Guts early on

-and that's about it minus however many other apostles you wanna shove in as playable characters. Isidro, Farnese, Casca (pre-mental breakdown), or any other Band of the Hawk member is too weak to believable send foes flying. Making them all stupidly overpowered with no explanation (like Hyrule Warriors) would be an insult to the source material.

That game looked damn good, what the hell is anyone's excuse for not matching it with all the cut corners considered?

Isidro's voice was some weird shit though.

Without having seen any of those shows I'd play the shit out of that.

Okay I missed some but there's also characters being too powerful too. Griffith gets a pass because he didn't always have god strength and you can't just not have Griffith but Ganishka was a fucking storm cloud and then a flesh tree abortion from a demon womb, how can you even use that (like, in any game even, not just a Musou)?

U wot m8?

MUSOU A SHIT

Don't forget Boscogne, and maybe Adon. Hell, Boscogne probably would've killed Guts if it wasn't for Zodd's help.

considering that CGI is cheaper to make, i'd imagine their answer would be "yes".

I don't really know, I was imagining his tree of life form as a boss fight.
It could be a transformation, but it wouldn't really work simply by how big it is.

Adon got btfo by Casca and was part of the ebin whaleknight bridade, he was only an obstacle for Guts because he kept throwing mercs at him, maybe he could work for an early game general.
Wyald also needs to make an appearance.

Also Judeau

Also I've noticed that its an unknown studio more or less that makes this anime. What strikes me, is not the usual suspect that would make this anime.
So no Studio 4°C or Madhouse, A1 pictures. None of these anime studios are making this anime its a studio that's called Millepensee.

Golden Age is good, but later arcs are better.
I wouldn't mind some naval combat gameplay.

Reminder that Warriors series was actually challenging and fun to play before DW6.

yeah but isn't miura helping with it though? And maybe its just cg for the battles like the movies.

I made myself sad…

Also, Koei has said before that they want to work with a western developer for a collaboration game.

Prepare for Mortal Kombat Musou.