Wasteland 2

Wasteland 2 got one of those free weekends going on.

while I install it I must ask if anyone of you here has actually played it?
is it anything like fallout 1&2?

I've heard mostly bad stuff about it and been told to just stick with the first fallout games or planescape if I wanted an old school rpg experience.

It's free, you can find out for yourself

wew lad

Sweet christ it's 19 motherfucking gigs.

It's party-based and turn-based with Action Points. Much closer to old Fallout than Bethesda will ever get, that's for sure.

Some fans say it's inferior to old Fallouts, but I say it's superior in more than enough respects. It has its flaws, though.

that's why I made this thread, takes 5 hours for it to install. god I hate being cucked with my net.

is there a luck stat in the game that you can 'abuse' like in the first fallouts?

it's ok. 6-8/10 depending on your taste. They put a lot of work into it. The new directors cut fixes a lot of the faults that it had on release.

you can min max like a motherfucker if you want. intelligence is the best stat.

What the fuck is this, a fucking movie?

Eh, if you like crpgs you'll get some enjoyment out of it, but it's not going to sell you on the genre. It starts off great but loses momentum fairly quick. There's not a lot of map variety either so travelling between places gets boring.

The weapons aren't really balanced all that well, you're probably better off giving them all assault rifles than trying to distribute weapon types between your party. Make sure you build a solid starting party as well because the NPCs who can join you have retard builds.

Free weekends means that the game is shit and dying so they want some clueless goyims money….

I know the developers are Jewish but come on son.

I played the beta(?) for an hour before uninstalling. The artstyle was appalling and the gameplay wasn't fun at all.

so a party of 3 salt rifles and 1 sniper will destroy everything?

A directors cut for a game works like a movie, features that had to be cut to get the game out the door on time and on budget have been finished off and added in post launch funded by the profits of the launched product.

Im fairly sure any one that owned the base game got the Directors Cut for free, I did on GoG.

Yup.

It's an RPG without any RP in it so…

If you've played fallout tictacs, you'll feel familiar with this. I enjoyed it, but had to restart and never was fucked to start up a new game yet

This. It's alright but it's no Fallout 1/2, not even close. If you're desperate for more Fallout that isn't Bethesda shit you'll have some fun.

It's just a widely-recognized meaning for "updated release". It doesn't have the best ring to it, but it could be worse. At least they didn't name it "Wasteland 2 Turbo" or some shit like that.

How's this for a starting party?

it was good enough to finish a playthrough.

assault rifles were op and no need to pick other weapons.

iirc intelligence gave OP skill-ups or something.

the story was just ok, not so fucking long to make you regret playing it either.

play underrail

How useless is the toaster repair?

I've only found 1 toaster so far.
I leveled up and put a point in it and repaired the toaster, got a spray can paint then promptly reloaded an earlier save and spent my skill points on other stuff