Serious Sam 2

So I was replaying Serious Sam: TFE when I remembered this was a thing and that I never played it for some reason. Is it any good? I've heard some shit was slung at it but don't know why besides the artstyle being all cartoony. Any good reason why?

It's fun. Pretty different to the other Serious Sam games, but it's certainly worth your time.

if you rike it, you will rike it

How so? As long as I can still rip shit up, I'll live, but could you elaborate?

It's serious sam with vehicles and gimmicks.

Its alright, but it doesnt really improve, in some cases it downright does the opposite.
Still very unique and certainly worth your time, just doesnt feel like a Sam game.

The maps are short but numerous, and the enemy counts aren't nearly as high as the first two games. It only gets good at the end, too, though the final boss is terrible since you do the entire fight in a vehicle. The art style isn't bad, but the humor is.

Smaller levels, less enemies. The game is the most lolsorandum XD thing I've ever played, with just lame joke after lame joke. Vehicles are the new addition and are OK. First couple of levels are shit tier and will possibly make you want to drop the game. Try to stick it out though and it does get better.

It is a solid game, not remarkable, not great, just OK. I also kept crashing right when I defeated the final boss so I couldn't truly beat the game, just had to watch the ending cutscene online.

The only thing I didn't like about it was that they changed the design of the headless Kamikazes. The first thing that comes to mind when thinking about this game is a vehicle battle against a bunch of giant cyber spiders early on that was pretty intense. The main thing I see people complaining about is the silly artstyle, but Serious Sam has always been pretty silly so I don't see the big deal.

So, Which is best? TFE and TSE HD or Classics Revolution? I have both, but I want to know if I should install TSE HD instead?

For what its worth, I've been playing the HD versions and they're pretty good.You can get them extremely cheap on HB right now too, if you're a buyfag.

HD supposedly has a few things missing because of the new engine. Or at least the physics are a bit different. I've only played HD though, so I can't really compare them.

Install the InSamnity 2 mod and play on serious and this turns into a whole nother game

That washing machine room is terrible in HD, that's all I can really remember standing out.

It's fine just not as good as the other games in the series.

I'd say it works a little better in coop since the vehicle sections are many times more entertaining.

it has the best music in the entire series.

There are a few secrets relying on silly physics that just outright don't work in HD.

Also a few rooms like the corridor with spikes+wind blowing you at the spikes and the spinning one that user mentioned seem fairly pointless now.

HD is still worth playing though.

DO NOT BUY REVOLUTIONS

It was done by a furry faggot who refuses to put player vote kick because "muh feelings" and "It's not fair to others (furries) that they get kicked out of groups".

Fuck that guy. Don't buy revolutions.

I liked Serious Sam 2 the best, but it was the first one I played. Playing TSE and TFE after, I found that I enjoyed SS2 more because of how diverse it was. There was a level of giants where the boss is a giant bee, a cyberpunk swamp level with witches, a chinese level with zombie stockbrokers, a host of giant spiders which I don't think were in TFE, TSE, or BFE. Just a lot more enemy and level variety than Kleers In Constantinople: The Game

Depends. The HD remakes are actually very good but a few things are changed from the base games. Personally I prefer the original versions, but if outdated graphics bother you then play the HD remakes.

What bothered me the most was the skybox in the final level of TSE.

What was wrong with it?

I've played HD TSE to the end but it was in coop so I wasn't paying much attention.

Speaking of which the HD editions did add some welcome changes to coop, I suppose.

Compare this…

To this

That makes more sense now user.

another thing to note is that the weird gravity is gone completely in the HD versions

I'm pretty sure you get it for free just for owning one of the two classic Serious Sam games on Steam, at least that's how it was for me. As for the kick thing, it's not like you'd ever use it seeing as how the online is even more dead than in the official games.

As for Serious Sam 2; funny enough I finished up my first playthrough of it a few days ago, & I quite liked it and graphically it still holds up pretty well, though definitely a bit on the "lol so randumb!" side.

Already got the whole SS collection man. Revolutions was given to me for free for having the classics.

Old graphics are actually better to me, I'm just curious.

Why are you lying? he promised to put it in, but guess what, he's a fucktard that didn't update the game in a year.