Tree of Savior - ToS

IMC fix the servers, pink hair red devil wing cuties edition

Tree of Savior is a f2p korean grindan game with cute aesthetics and a variety of classes.

old thread in page 10 bump limit:

new players are currently not allowed because they are fixing the overloading servers.

Current players please input your details here:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1CRTDc2evOPyTa4Xn5NZt-vO1g-PpFL9eBWGE4S0xwqw/edit?pref=2&pli=1#gid=1865303421

main guild in Klaipeda under Cider is full, waiting for someone to get to templar for the extension guild. he needs to be a templar to start a guild (rank 7 requires hundreds of hours of grindan to reach) and the class is pretty shit so need someone really dedicated to go for this.
current templar candidate: GlassArmour
PM him in klai for encouragement.

pastebin.com/3YcrrJkd
index of guides/etc to anything worth knowing.

blaster3.net/files/ToS Mechanics.pdf
stats and how they work. Helps out when you need to figure out something kinda specific about the stats. A lot of it can be ignored, but useful when you have stat questions.

tos.neet.tv/skill-planner
tosbase.com/tools/skill-simulator/
Use these for skill building.

for any other DBs, just head to tosbase.

important beginner tips:

Special quests
headgears
docs.google.com/document/d/1POy4XkZVoBwi6i8RW4P3fuMUNWvsgboY88s9bbXx4nQ/edit?pref=2&pli=1

hidden quests (free stats)
forum.treeofsavior.com/t/bulb-hidden-quest-and-useful-information-might-have-spoil-bulb/65899

map gimmicks/mini games
forum.treeofsavior.com/t/list-of-gimmick-rewards/256584

Other urls found in this thread:

tosbase.com/game/classes/
tos.neet.tv/skill-planner#1134788g.23324555.152535.152535.11253544.142a3a7185.15213544
tosbase.com/tools/skill-simulator/build/967dgl8nm8/
tosbase.com/tools/skill-simulator/build/2kdjtaqsex/
tosbase.com/game/exp-tables/base/
tosbase.com/database/items/?item_name=exp card
tosbase.com/tools/skill-simulator/build/fmfuwplnfb/
tosbase.com/tools/skill-simulator/build/fmsxouwpuv/
tosbase.com/tools/skill-simulator/build/rp0vm9l857/
tosbase.com/tools/skill-simulator/build/69s21nopkv/
tosbase.com/tools/skill-simulator/build/heqxkaw92j/
tos.neet.tv/skill-planner#11344499.24354551.15243541.1f2d3f5171.15254a5a
tos.neet.tv/skill-planner#11344888.24354551.15243541.1a283a5171.1f517f8a94
forum.treeofsavior.com/t/50-000-kills-later/293149
tos.neet.tv/skill-planner#4137bb88.153545.253545.11243545.1a2a4a.2a3a415161718591
tosbase.com/database/items/113002/
treeofsavior.com/news/?n=477
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

How well are you able to play this without spending any money?

Things you can buy with real money are mostly cosmetic. Real money buys TP, which can buy items like hair and costumes.

You can get a "boost" early and frequently by buying a Token with TP (+30% exp which is… not really a lot, you'll still be relying on exp cards from quests. And movement speed which is best in PVP. Team storage which allows you to transfer items between characters. The Token lasts for 30 days)

But you can also buy a token as a free player if you saved up enough Silver (which is the game world's currency). About 600 000 worth. But you can get along just fine without it.

I want to play.
Anyway, what is the best stat build (I guess there are no classes? That's the feeling I got from the skill planner) for a smashing shit warrior?
Preferably with fists or massive sword.

Don't know when you'll be able to play.

There are classes. 4 base classes (Cleric, Archer, Swordsman, Wizard), each has a class tree.

tosbase.com/game/classes/

I can't help you much with builds.

Each class has three circles.
Each circle is 15 levels (class levels up separately from the character)
When you finish a circle in a class, you can move on to a new class, or re-invest in the class to go on to the second circle (or third circle of you stick with it).

Looking at the official website, that announcement was made on May 25th. So that's over two weeks already.

Not looking very professional there, lads.

Forgetting about the enchant scrolls Shlomo? How much does JIDF get paid to ignore what he makes the most money on?

GAS THE KIKES

I'd play this game with Holla Forums if they weren't all fags pretending to be girls playing a dress up mmo, can you guys just kill yourselves please?

Why else would you play it if not for girl dress up?

Is there an Oceanic server?
I wanna make a qt with nice thighs

There are two SEA servers.

Once new people can play, come join Varena as I'm trying to get a guild together on that one.

Aw yiss

I have that bangle. I feel hard-pressed to give it up because those +3 boosts to stats, but I'm at 120 and was able to craft better MDEF items.

This system sounded so interesting when they were announcing stuff but after playing the beta it proved to be very bad in my opinion.
Instead of specializing your character, your character change all the time you progress. Want to have a viking-like character?, well too bad barbarians are way behind the "class-line" you'll have to eventually become one of the later classes. Wanna be a necromancer and summon hordes of undead? Too bad it's already a skill from other early class from other starter class, it couldn't be a feature of this later class so enjoy summoning boss shadows from cards. Plague doctor? Enjoy it while you still can. You could change your costume later, but that wouldn't be the same thing. The game ends up having only 4 real classes, the second class onwards from each are just fancy skill-lines.

This is tied to this shitty linear progression design they made. If this game was more "open-world" oriented, with various maps/monsters for each level range and preferrably no questlines to guide you from place A to place B, the class system could've been very different.

Having 4 starters, but then having all those different classes as your choice of what your real class would be, each with balanced skills for early and late game, would be much better. Hell they could even have the option to give you a sub-class to make a semi hybrid character with some limited skills from other classes to add build diversity.

The game isn't great but, if you want to be a barbarian/viking or necromancer that can summon zombies then you have to build it that way. That's why there are things like skill planners.

You don't have to give up sword and shield if you become a barbarian, or you can give it up entirely and stick to 2h swords. You can use whatever weapons as long as you have the attribute, the only things holding you back is that some skills require some weapons.

If you want to be a viking, then you can go from swordsman into highlander and then stick to barbarian until its 3rd circle. Then go Doppel. You can use pretty much all your sword skills, change your costume etc. You'll still be using your barbarian skills, as well as any new skills you have. Your character will still be viking-like.

I agree it could've been different, and early skills aren't really balanced, but you can make a viking like character or a necromancer character. You just have to plan properly for it.

I find that plenty of classes have skills that scale well into higher ranks. Just look at Swordie and Pelt. I still use Concentrate, Gung-ho, and Swashbuckling at R7. From rank 3 and 4 I still use all three of my Cataphract and Hop skills.

I find that building your character around a weapon type helps keeping previous class skills decently usable when you're just starting the game.

Definitely early buff skills still work a lot. Swashbuckling is amazing.

Skills like Bash do get overshadowed, but you might still use it from time to time.

both of the pelt "blow" skills can be useful later on if your build is lacking in displacement CC. Makes fighting mobs that have Safety Zone much quicker.

I should invest some money into buffing up Umbo Blow.

Right now I'm drowning in materials and getting so much shit to craft. I got a great sword, upgraded it, then got another recipe for a 2h sword right after, made that an upgraded it. But then oh, another asshole drops another recipe for a 2h sword that's even better. I might craft that but right now I'm down to 10k silver.

That "answer" doesn't fill me with hope.

I agree that it is possible to build your character to certain playstyles, If I want a swordfighter I can get all sword centered skills. What I'm saying is that if you want a barbarian character, you have to get all barbarian's circles, then eventually changing, and in the end being a "barbarian" but really you're not.
Also for Necromancer, I may be wrong but I think summoning all those zombies is a Bokor only thing, a "cleric class" while Necromancer is a "mage class"

Class changes should only change your class slighty, make it a better version of itself or make it more specialized towards something. This way you advance but you're still what you chose initially.
(Crusader->Paladin, Prist->High Priest, Merchant->Blacksmith)

Of course buffs don't get overshadowed, you can cast them along with the new skills and they can stack with new buffs(most of the time).
if I remember correctly Swashbuckling is an example of a good early skill, even at high levels it still maintain the use of being economical yet practical.

But some of them are just overshadowed, you could still use them, yes but it would be a waste of SP and time(very important for DPS). Usually skills like this are used as prerequisites for later skills, making having a "Powerful Strike 2.0" that is objectivelly better than "Powerful Strike" in every way justifiable, since you earn the stronger skills by getting the weaker ones first, you can't skip the weaker.
In ToS this doesn't happen, so just get all the buffs you can and the single skills you think you still be useful for something later on.

So you're complaining about semantics? You care more about what class you currently are is called more than that skills that you have built your character around?

Also the only skills that I have in my build that have been "overshadowed" is my pelt blow skills. This was mainly because I had enough skills to fill out the cooldown for all of them, and because I had more displacement CC than I knew what to do with.

Hell my lv5 Hop skills from 4 ranks ago were still doing great damage at R7. Damaging skills don't drop off as hard as people think they do.

I think it's a thematic thing. IMO you can still be a barbarian thematically even if you finished that class. You'll still be using the same skills along with new ones. You can use the costume, wear a proper helmet accessory etc. You're mostly just having a problem with what the advanced class is called.

And you are totally correct. Bokor can use zombies. Necromancer can't. My bad.

And I agree about specializations. You CAN specialize the way it is now, but not directly like how you say. Like Squire being a support class, has no before or after, just 3 circles. But if you wanted to build a spear and shield sword user, or a 2h sword user you totally can.

And to be completely honest, I rarely use Swordsman's Bash. That's the only skill I ignore. I have a lot more skills that I can rely on as a Barbarian, and even some from Peltasta that I still use. Umbo Blow is just pretty good.

And when I get to Fencer, I'll still be using all of them.

It's a bit about that, but not entirely.
It's easier to make any swordfighter-esque character using the veriety of warrior's classes becuse most of them use swords anyway.

But think on the mage's classes, and the others.
I didn't check the archers or the clerics classes in depth. But in the beta i was playing wordie and a friend mage, side by side the whole game.

His character ended up a mess, he decided to go psychokines and liked the class a lot, but when it was time to change classes it got all messed up. He ended on necromancer because he liked the idea of it, but it ended up not only not synergizing well but also wasn't like it seemed to be(no summoning undead thing). If he wanted to be a mage that focused on psychokinetic abilities in lategame he couldn't, since it was a bit too early on the class-line, for it to be elevant in lategame as he would want.
We weren't using any build planners for this beta, btw. But If a game's skills and builds are so convoluted and backwards that it NEEDS a stat planner for you to make a character that is what you want(not good/optimal, but what you want and is going for since the beginning), it doesn't sound like a very good skill/build system.

This is something that a lot of games, even single player RPGs, have. Builds. I'm not saying it's good, but when a game has classes and you can only select a few skills etc, you're probably going to be looking up how best to build characters on the internet.

Full CON Psychokino/Cryomancer is pretty much the meta pvp build for wizard.

Yeah yeah, I get it.
I'm not saying looking up builds, formulas and min/maxing is a bad thing, it even shows how much you care about the game and your character.
But when a game pretty much requires you to do it otherwise your character ends up nothing like how you tried to build it from scratch, it means the system has some flaws.

I'm not saying the system in ToS is shit, I've seen worse, this one is complicated and sometimes unintuitive. but it works. But it could be better, a lot better.

I'd guess that class would be very strong in PVP, but probably when newer classes get added, psychokino will be too far behind in the classline to be relevant in the lategame, and psychokinesis will probably be a thing from the past.
And the way you described the class really shows how the classes work, Full CON(what stats have you add) Psychokino/Cryomancerskills(what skills you fave to level) Mage(your actual class)
Ideally, in my opinian anyway, you'd say that a psychokino's meta would be adding certain skills from that specific class, or that it's meta would be hybrid with cryomancer or vice versa.

I'm off to lunch, you guys have fun with the game or waiting for it. It has many flaws but is still one of the best MMOs around.

Is there a type of stat reset in this game?
I fiddled about with the statplanner and it seems to be pretty easy to fuck things up.

Dunno how it is now, but in the beta there were consumables bought with those exploration points that reseted your stats or skills.
But rumor said that those didn't give you back the stat points you got from special quests, so i never resetted stats, only skills.
Hopefully it's fixed now, but probably it is now a cash-shop item, pray that it is tradeable so you can buy it with silver.

I'm so glad I got this addon that highlighted dropped materials automatically. I've probably missed a lot.

I've been killing Crystal Spiders hoping they drop me their fucking crystal so I can complete damned collection but I haven't gotten a single one yet despite slaying more than a thousand of those foul beasts. What gives Holla Forums?

Is this thing worth anything?
I know monster gems are rare but no idea if this skill deserves a socket.

Chase drops. Just wait until you try farming for a Tanu Flower.

depends on how often you use multishot, if at all.

I'm not familiar with that term.

It's a very low chance drop, we're talking 0.01% at the very least most of the time it will be lower though. An example of chase drops would be the monster cards and hats in RO.

Damn. So it's pure luck then? Yesterday a friend of mine decided to fuck around the mines, killed a few Vubbe Warriors and got not one but two vials of blood. His adventurer journal stated he had only killed ten of them.

I'm not even sure if I'll go on leveling my archer, I ask because I got one and might sell it.

the new forced meme everyone hates is:
ITS HIP TO FUK BEES

This message was paid for by the Fuck you hydra stop spamming that shit in guild chat you double nigger foundation

The lack of customisation for the characters is what really kills it.

This game can't beat much less be called a true successor to Ragnarok Online.

Time to wait for something that actually can.

Hey does Corsair's Hook into Keelhaul work as a GET OVER HERE in pvp? Also, does it disable the target(s) any?

from videos I've seen (not actually a corsair) it does pull the target but not all the way to you position and it does disable the target

With that in mind…
How does this look for a Guild Master focused on cc/control?
tos.neet.tv/skill-planner#1134788g.23324555.152535.152535.11253544.142a3a7185.15213544

Str con primary, dex secondary, minor spr

Pelt is for party and knocks, as well as blocking a musk headshot if I know it's coming and a siegebreaking 25% hp amp for ecall. Feel that's a better investment long term than sword 2 for restrain.

Jolly Roger is for party as well, r4 gets a minute duration.

Question, does ecall have a cast time, and if so, how long is it? Determines how ham I need to be on con lol

CC/Control with that lack of vitality and defense? What on earth are you thinking?

guardian is shit outside of an eva build and you know it

Wasn't saying drop con, only that a fast ecall means you don't need ALL DA CON, only most of it.

So anyone care to explain how Missions work? Hit 100 a few days ago and ran into someone today that asked "if I done my daily missions."

you can only do two dungeons a day? What is this? ??

If you buy a token can you run dungeons as many times as you like?

Missions are basically objective based dungeons that you can do 2 times a day. These does not count as Dungeons so you can run 2 dungeons and 2 missions daily

Dungeons are usually worth a solid chunk of money and xp so to balance them you get a daily limit that resets each day at 6am EST. The limit is 2 for regulars and 3 for token users. This also applies to missions aswell.

Never mind the majority of the good ones end up sold because it's not stats the roller wanted, or it's a 12yo with his mommy's credit card.

Turns into the same situation as tokens, tbh.

>choosing reduced cosmetic options for busying yourself with late game because of both societal norms and designers knowing people will usually shell out more to make a girl look cute/badass/sexy/etc than they will for a guy
But user, whatever made you think you weren't the real faggot here?

Bash is an oh3 8sec cd knockdown. CC scales indefinitely.

A lot of skills (at least, swordie based) have some form of buff/debuff or advantage to them via damage type conversion (makes up for low bonuses by adding half again), or CC (which scales indefinitely).

I would like to see more early skills given a small reduction to their flat damage and given a more-than-1x ratio like Quarrel's Stone Shot. It's a good way to prevent early skills from falling off too hard, but would also not make them OP early.

I'll give you that wizard is convoluted as fuck and hard to do a thematic on, but Swordie and Archer are both very easy to thematic outside of a dedicated dagger fighter. Cleric requires some pretty broad strokes I believe, but options are there, and it's still pretty easy to come up with things.

And personally I prefer games that have enough depth to their build setup to require forethought. But to each his own.

That's really a bummer. Group based instances is my favourite thing about mmos. Ty for explaining why user but even tho it feels like they are gating fun to me

its like the easiest where's waldo ever.

don't enhance anything that you won't be using lvl 15 of (ie. get 3 circles) because the usefulness of most anything wanes over time.

last i checked you cant sell/trade gems. there used to be a loophole where you can trade items with gems though. gems are best used as color gem fodder because it gives muy muy gem exp, and color gems give generic stats so more useful in the long run.

our lack of templar experience really is saddening
CIDER WAKE UP!!!

iirc the idea was to keep dungeon drops to a minimum to preserve its value. if you run them indefinitely then its just a really good farm map.

WTF dude, I get that the group part is cool but WTF. Those are usually the most hated part of MMOs since they diverge from the "Massive" aspect of it. MMOs should be about areas where lots of players can explore/interact at the same time, limiting it to separated small groups each in it's own private dungeon kind of kills it.

Check out Monster Hunter and PSO2 if you like that kind of interation.
Both are really great and are all about doing "instanced" missions with closed groups of people.

Wow, you got a bad case of the shit taste.

You also clearly didn't play in closed beta. Fuck memelanders, I'm glad their bullshit got nerfed and what was left just falls off hard later on.
Also it's great playing an overleveled damage dealer when someone starts trying to ks. Bullying those assholes off the channel is wonderful cathartic.
Also this would be less of a problem if people both had etiquette and knew how to fucking mob; dp grinding in icbt2 was as terrible as it was because the map's design and crowding lent itself to a very bad party dispersement which caused most the spawns to end up unattended because fuckers were retarded and didn't check in on the other rooms. "Why are our spawns low" BECAUSE A PARTY LEFT AND THERE'S NO MOVEMENT BETWEEN ROOMS SO ALL THE MAP'S SPAWNS ARE IN THEIR ROOM OR THE HALLWAY grumble grumble grumble

Why even play an openworld with every player at the same time if the bast part of it is the part that is not open world and only a few players can be present? KSing and and mob scarcity are results of bad design, it has nothing to do with open multiplayer.

You yourself is saying that it was most shitty when the classes were inbalanced and when the map is badly designed.

They seem to be the best thing ever because nowadays they're the only part in MMOs that allow you to actually team up and fight something stronger than you alone and pose some real danger.

Intances are just a cheap way of controlling party play. It would be much cooler to team up with some freinds or randoms to go to an actual higher leveled open area or normal dungeon, where you actually have to play togheter to survive and get the good loot. But no, "go kill monsters of your own level that are stronger than they should be because you should be killing monsters of this level in this part of the progression, higher level areas are for when you are in that level only." This is extra shitty with this limit of only 2 instances, this way you can't play along all day long, unless you want shitty exp penalties and awkward damage because the formulas aren't made to work in real stronger monsters.

These bots aren't very smart.

PSA mission boss red cubes are shit. SHIT

you need to do something with all that recipe clutter

i will craft all of them one day and get blue hair. pink hair really isn't my style.

White hair is from crafting recipes. Blue hair is from the party quests in mercenary post. Do all 5 a day and you'll have it in a week. The Disappearance and The Enemy's Smell are the fastest and easiest to solo, so just remake your party and get new quests until you get one of them.

I can't wait to get that white hair. I like pink, which I have, but I'd rather the white.

68/100 crafted

Got it and haven't even been to floor 4 of the mage tower for long

Hehehe

This game looks pretty comfy.
I can't wait to shitpost with you guys.

Any more word on when they will open the servers?

white, even better.

not only are you guys much much more lucky than me when it comes to headgear, everyone is leveling past me. oh the shame. :'(

sorry, no definitive news yet. will definitely post it as soon as news comes out.

I didn't get the chroma dog ears, probably because I hated how they tossed me around so I just started ignoring them.

I'll probably come back later for it.

I have over 250 lvl 5 cards saved, and over 260 lvl 6 cards.

I have 1 lvl 8 card that I don't know how I got (probably from the Vibora girl).

When I hit level 126 I'll be rocketing right up to level 145-150 (probably only pausing in between to get the quest done for Barbarian C3. I'm level 13 C2 now)

tosbase.com/tools/skill-simulator/build/967dgl8nm8/

Rate ?

general consensus is to max out Gung Ho and Concentrate. One point in Pain Block, and 4/5 in Bash.

Can't speak for Highlander.

Barbarian, I see some problems. Embowel isn't that great, it's one enemy. Cleave and Helm Chopper has AOE. Stomp is alright, but you might be better off investing those points into Cleave or Helm Chopper and keep the leftovers for the next circle.

Barbarian C2:
Max out Frenzy and Warcy. They will get amazing at amping up your damage.

C3:
Max out Frenzy and Warcy, of course. And also Seism. Huge AOE, massive damage (hits each enemy 3 times),

I'm not sure about Giant Swing, however. Pouncing seems to be amazing.

Can't say anything about Squire and Doppel.

Highlander here, I've got no complaints about that build
Also I've got a lvl 4 chest key, what should I use it on?

Nigga what are you doing? Thrust is literally a skill that gets out-dpsed by normal attacks after a while.
You only need it at lvl 3 for the knockback. The damage increase from 3 to 4 stops being noticeable around level 20 and an extra level just bloats your SP usage.
If you dismantled Thrust, put points here. It's useful in a situational manner.
Nigga concentrate is one of the most basic and useful buffs for a swordsman since it add PURE damage on top of your damage rating. Max that shit
Has a loooooong ass cooldown that even putting it at lvl 5 cannot overcome and it doesn't do as much as the label suggests since a lot of CC spells still get through. Keep at lvl 1 or 2.

Never used the skill, wouldn't know if it would be good, but crossguard will be a 2h sword character's only source of blocking, so I would recommend maxing it out.

Literally useless. Slow animation, one use and long ass cooldown (that's on par with actually great skills like stabbing).

Ehh, depends on what you're buiding for. I'll just not put points in embowel, max out helm chopper and save the remaining 4 points for the next circle. Keep cleave at one.

9 points from freeing up embowel. Max out warcry, frenzy and helm chopper. Keep seism as is.

Get rid out Giant Swing. Literal maymay skill. Max out seism, helm chopper, pouncing, warcry, frenzy (take the C3 attribute to split stacks so that you have perma frenzy whenever the skill is active).

No comment about squire, but I wouldn't recommend a support job on your first character unless you have a guild to support. Going 2 circles of doppel may be better.

Do it according to your preference. You need bash, wagon wheel or mordschlag to cause a knockdown before using punish.
One point should be enough unless you're explicitly built to be a glass cannon (which in that case deeds would make you a even bigger glass cannon)

Good skill for beating up mages. Getting the attribute increases greatly chance of crit against cloth wearing enemies. Immensely useful for str builds with high crit attk, but low crit chance.

No idea if your build can handle 5 hits to kill an enemy, especially at higher levels.

Probably your bread and butter for damage.

and now ?

tosbase.com/tools/skill-simulator/build/2kdjtaqsex/

i'd hazard saying lvl 10 frenzy rather than more points into helm chopper since you can get the attribute that makes frenzy super good. that sustained dps gonna pay off.

What? Talking to and meeting new people to overcome challenges is "Massive". It's not like you can hit an instant find group button, from what i've seen, you make a group by meeting and finding people in the world. You also have to go to the dungeon and interacting and exploring the world.

Also instanced dungeons are a staple of mmos, but mostly in shit form these days because of instance group finders.

They way they diverge from the massive aspect of it, is by taking your group you found and isolating it, after you're done with the dungeon that's it, you either play the exact same dungeon again, find another dungeon or the party play is over, parties aren't needed to grind at locations on your level and higher level locations penalty you so hard that it's not worth it.

Ever heard someone saying that WoW killed the MMO genre? That's one of the reasons.
Good old MMOs used to be like infinite instance dungeons with every player at once, instead of finding groups to go into an instance dungeon, you'd find groups to explore stronger areas.
Only good use for instances is for limiting the player for certain trials, like having you kill a boss solo while changing classes or stuff like that.

Are you retarded? It's not an issue of bad design, unless you want to call Open World "bad design".

The memelanders, the quest mobs, the spawn rates… they are not the problem, they merely emphasize the problem: open world means you are dependant on the non-dickery of strangers. Hell, high spawn rates aren't even a solution; they're a bandaid to the problem, and make overagro when soloing a lot easier (a bad thing if it's not a good area for you).

As for why you WANT open world anyways…. you want it to a degree, otherwise good luck finding the people you're going to want to run instances with. A mix of open and instanced 40-60% of either is ideal.

And they aren't a cheap form of controlling party play- they're the only way to provide true party play without worrying about random jackasses ruining it.

An instance means there's no competition outside of your party… but there also ain't no cavalry comin'. No random priests healing and buffing you, no other players to help if you went in solo or duo, etc

You also seem to be defining instances off of how this game does its instanced dungeons currently, not what all you can do with instances. Stop that.

The recommended level for quests jump something fierce.

I'm level 122 and I'm doing 127 quests. After that it's level 129.

You're alse talking about open world the way this game does it. (and sadly most games nowadays)

When the only map you can level properly is a linear as fuck map where everyone in the game that is on that level has to level there, sure the game is going to be a mess to grind.
Running into other people is part of the massive deal, sometimes good people and sometimes dicks, If you don't like that there's little reason to play an open world game, it's better to play a game that is pure instance with a lobby like PSO2.
Some open world games have insight and have systems that make PKing useless or impossible. That's what I meant by bad design, if the open world sucks is because they made it poorly, thus for party play instances are needed.

And the way this game does it's instances is very common, from the top of my head I remember TERA and RaiderZ having very similar instaces.
I'd like to hear of better designed instances, tough, mind giving some examples?

Swordie skilling is bad. 3 bash for attributed knockdown, 1 thrust for spammable pierce (damage conversions are powerful, especially with a weapon restriction like 2h swords (slash obligate). Concentrate is 3 minimum for the attribute of 100 more damage, but really should be at 5. Pain Barrier is at least 1 point, but scales somewhat lamely so more than one is usually meh outside of specific builds (tank and pvp cc builds, tbh). Gung Ho is extremely nice early, and is just okay late.

Highlander honestly looks fine. CrossGuard smells like a one point wonder since it scales its block with fucking str and level and is an active block on a 0cd (so you want minimal sp cost.

Barb, goomba stomp scales with your boots and weapon, you don't need more than 1 point in it tbh. Embowl is apparently shit, I wouldn't know I haven't tried it. Cleave got a buff on ktos (oh3 from 2 and slashweak debuff), and helmchoppa is FUCKING GOOD.
Frenzy and Warcry are both extremely good. Warcry less than Frenzy, but still useful. Max frenzy, and probably Warcry too. Seism gives you another stun and apparently is a huge aoe. Pouncing looks eh to me, and swing is a very meme looking skill- I wouldn't take it.

Squire, nigger what are you doing. Armor Maint is 900% useless. Max Repair Weapon and Arrest. Ignore armor maint.

Dopel I don't have valid opinions on, so I will refrain from commenting there.

1 point thrust 3 points bash. Never 4 bash, it only costs more sp and the knockdown does not get better. As for whyone in thrust. It's pierce convert. Otherwise, yeah, 1 Pain, 5 Concentrate, rest Gung Ho.

The Goomba Stomp is OH 3 and actually scales with your shoes, as well as being strike convert, which is important for a barb since plate blunts slash.

Pouncing seems like shit to me, but as with you, I can't speak from experience.

Thrust is a pierce convert. 1 point is all it needs, though, so agreed that 4 points is retarded.

It's a 0cd and the scaling is only +45 block for 1 sp. One point wonder, the block chance is 3*lv +STR, doesn't really need the flat bonus to be useful so long as the build has str.

Seem my comments on swordie skilling to your earlier post. 3 bash 1 thrust. It's nonnegotiable, bash needs 3 for the knockdown attrib and thrust is a 1 point wonder only useful for pierce convert.

I still suggest only one point in goomba stomp, and I would max frenzy over 10 in Helm Choppa (leaving it at 5).

Dropping squire for dopel 2 saves you from yourself earlier lol.

That extra there is actually for compensating against other people's block pierce.

could they be attempting to kill off the international audience by shrinking the audience and enforcing negative views towards the game?
it's been a good few solid weeks that they've shut down the downloads, or in other words completely denied any chance of growth for the game. If they keep it up for too long (and it's beginning to be as such), the lack of new players and the old players leaving will destroy the international market value for this product.

Dumbest post of the thread.

shitposting on a cross country road trip is hard lol

The fact that you seem to think you won't be kited to death every time is a little saddening.

Ksing was a major problem in RO too, brah, reason EAthena had an optional ksguard tool. You are, however, correct that a nonlinear map level progression is a very strong mitigation for open world woes.

Instances are very rarely used completely propperly, however, actual dungeons and raid-tier bosses are best instanced.

As for why I play it anyways… this one cashed in on my RO nostalgia, and they keep hinting that they might not piss away all their potential.

Theory a friend of mine had is they decided the 3 month plan was still needed, so they gave us briefly what we voted for, and then locked it down so they could get the three months of fixing shit they wanted.

It was, I remember it well.
But if a map was too full of botters and shitters, you could always go to a less crowded map and you'd probably level much faster even if that map wasn't the ideal one, mob count and level wise.

I started playing it for that RO nostalgia, it lot's of problems in RO but also made a lot of bad choices that RO didn't too.
After the beta, I couldn't be assed to do all that questline again, so I let it go.
Ironically, I'm currently playing Trickster Online with a bro for that nostalgia fix, which is also very quest progression oriented, but the map design and overall mechanics make it very enjoyable despite all that.

Think about it better. The market in this game is continuously shifting into the upper levels, and unless old players are willing to delete their level 100+ characters who the fuck would do that? then the market will be stuck at a high level. By limiting growth by any means, they've pretty much dug themselves a hole. Now the effects of being in a shitbin will take awhile to come up to the surface, but once it happens, the ingame market will crash because useless goods are being supplied that nobody needs (this is usually where the new/lower level characters come in, because those "useless items" are quite useful towards low-level characters. But because few people are going to reset their characters for such a thing…) and nobody buys. So now the gaming jews are disinterested in this bullshit, and we're left with everyone else. If they don't give a better reason to buy items (remember the market crashed.), then they'll make no money on this game. Then will the P2W items come in, like XP bonuses, items that start effecting heavily stats, etc etc. That move will destroy the PVP community, so that's gone.
You see where I'm going here? The denial of newer players and the lack of replay ability (nobody truly wants to level up to the max again) will ruin most of the game. I wouldn't be surprised if at some point some low-level regions become completely obsolete, rendering hours that the team spent (both time and money on) useless.
I'm not saying that the game will instantly die, it's just that the game stabbed itself in the chest, and it's deliberately not getting any medical attention. or showing that it needs it. No status updates have been done on the whole downloads thing.

This is pretty obvious to someone who hasn't truly looked at MMO's on a deeper level. So does it say about the guys who've been managing a few MMO's?

This is probably what they're aiming for. Keeping the audience down so that they can fix shit on their own time and not have to worry about a shitton of people giving them flak for the lack of fucks they gave for the server. If it's really a basic three month time period, the in-game market will probably only crash just a wee bit..
not like their subscriber system hasn't already fucked over F2P players on that bullshit anyway.

Yeah, when it comes to this low drop rate it's the purest form of bullshit RNG, you could theoretically get multiple of the item in a row, then none for the next thousands of kills.

I'm seeing your level and I wonder, is it fast to level in this game?

I think this is the telling statement of everything you said. What you're putting forth is utterly retarded.

The addition of Orsha, and Orsha's over-all design gave me some hope. It's not perfect, but feels a lot more like something the RO team might have made. For one, the maps actually have some cycles to them.

Their laxing of the level range for exp (the old +/-5 before penalty, none at 10 off is now closer to +/-10 and 20) and removal of the party level limit, along with the number of "content here eventually" hooks they left themselves gives me hope.

if only they would learn how to code.

Not gonna hold my breath, but a man can still dream, can't he?

Speaking solely from my own personal experience, 1-60 is a breeze, and can be accomplished in a few hours, maximum. 60-110 is a week of a few hours play a day, without maximizing xp gains and sometimes fucking around.

I can't say for anything past that. I'm only level 117, but I would imagine it only slows down from there.

You sound retarded. I haven't looked at MMO's on a deep level, true, but this isn't that "deep level". This is just logic at play here. I've only observed and made logical guesses based on the better and worse MMO's that I see around me, but I've never actually listened to a expert on the field.

However, there is no "deeper level of understanding" of MMO's needed here. What's going on here is completely dumb funded by the constant mistakes of the development team. An idiot could follow the same logic I just laid out, and a expert could easily prove it, and it would take a team of such to disprove it, or a large amount of time to show otherwise.
Please extend your statement of "your statements are retarded", because it's starting to look like the other way around.
If my statement was truly dumb, where are all the shitposters at? They seem to flock towards dumb posts.

Has the XP rates since the CTB been changed? I was grinding and it took a good few hours or so to get to 20.
I was messing around with the controls and trying to see if I could break shit though

They could, but they'd have to be an idiot to actually agree with the logic instead of dismissing it out of hand. Your entire argument, no matter what it is, is based upon a flawed and magnificently retarded concept of "could they (IMC) be attempting to kill off the international audience by shrinking the audience and enforcing negative views towards the game?"

If you can't figure out why on Earth someone would call you an idiot for this view, then you should probably wait till you hit the double digits in age before posting on this site again.

You should just let this one go. It'll become an embarrassing memory if you persist.

Woo boy, everything further that you say just reinforces my initial thoughts.

Icbt1 had massively lowered rates. They were trying to make sure the first 30 or so levels were as bug-free as possible in icbt1.

Icbt2 had some differences, but really now it's more Orsha quests hand out exp cards like they're candy and it's October 31st, with exp from merc missions helping you get past dead zones comfortably.

There is a reason I still lurk these threads…
According to you, they are taking steps into the right direction.

see

You haven't actually brought up any points, other than just saying my argument is bullshit. Whenever I call you on that logic, you say "no you're retarded and you should understand what I'm not actually going to say!"
You also assume that the company might either not like the job, as because this is the first big game they get to work on, and yet they have to work for south korean jews, or the fact that they might be truly dumb and have no idea that they're killing the game. (as evidence from the quality of the servers and the international bug fixing frenzy going on.**
In case you didn't realize, this sort of thing kinda happens a lot.
You have no case user. You don't understand that you're the embarrassing memory here, and if you don't persist without choosing actual evidence and reason, you will only be read as a dumbass trying to sound smart.

I couldn't get into the beta test after the November one, so that must've been it.

Personally, 1 to about 40 or so is a breeze. After that, it starts to slow down.

You don't get exp from quests. You get exp cards as quest rewards. Something you can use to add exp to your character & class instantly. You also get exp from killing monsters, but my experience tells me that you'll be relying more on the cards than on monster grinding.

There are exp level resets every so often. At 46, the requirement to go up to 47 is much lower than 45-46.

This happens again at level 86, then at 136. Then at 186, 236 and 286. What I (usually) do, was save most of my cards for those resets. Then use them when I'm within range (usually 2-3 levels lower than the rest point) and keep going until I'm almost out.

Though I made a foolish mistake this time. I thought the level reset was at 126, so I started dumping. By the time I realized, I had already dumped 50+ of my cards. Then I just said FUCK IT and blew them all. I'm now level 147

Its clear I missed a lot this morning

I don't need to, since there's no arguing going on here. There is no need whatsoever for a rocksolid argument and dissertation on why your argument is fucking retarded. It's self-evident, and can thus be dismissed easily. I'm just fulfilling my civic duty by informing you that you're being retarded so that you'll have a chance of reform and become a better poster in the future.

In case you didn't realize, this sort of thing kinda happens a lot.

And here you are shifting the goalposts, since you realize that what I'm saying is absolute truth. Suddenly, your argument that IMC is deliberately tanking the game out of some malicious ill-will is gone, and there is some smattering of logical thought behind your position, such that it could be argued. Theoretically, at least, since it's still pretty retarded.

But I'm not falling for all that, since it's irrelevant. Your original claim, the one I'm responding to, is still stupid, and you're still an embarrassment upon this board for even having dared to think it. Not a single thing you say will change that. Sorry kid, but your "argument" is mind-bogglingly dumb, and no amount of leaps of logic will make it be anything but.

IMC is not deliberately tanking the game for the International scene by shrinking the audience and enforcing negative views. That's ludicrous.

No it is not. You're not fulfilling any duty and you sound like a complete evidence.
I'm not shifting anything, I'm simply explaining why you're an idiot.
Do you have any idea what IMC is thinking? Do you know for certain that they're getting the cut that they feel they deserve? Companies have failed sinking ships before, as an effort to cash in on something new.
You keep on saying "your statement is false because it's obviously dumb." but you're not backing that shit up. You're the pseudo smart kid in the back of the room calling bullshit on everything someone says, even though one; you've never backed anything up with your claims, and two; your own claims are fucking stupid.
Motherfucker, did you even read
Stop posting anytime.

">it's self evident

No it is not. You're not fulfilling any duty and you sound like a complete evidence."
meant to say complete retard.

How nice is gameplay after 40?
Considering that exp level climbs are usually exponential, this is nice.
I'm confused here, doesn't this game work off of

">it's self evident

No it is not. You're not fulfilling any duty and you sound like a complete evidence."

meant to say complete retard.

How nice is gameplay after 40?

Considering that exp level climbs are usually exponential, this is nice.

I'm confused here, doesn't this game work off of a total exp thing? Like levels are just simplifications of how much XP you've gained?
(I.E. XP # 100 is level 2, 300 is level 3, and so on. XP and levels are seperate basically.)

ignore doublepost

After 40? It still feels pretty much the same. The progression feels much slower, though, at least until you start using exp cards.

Exp cards give flat amounts of exp.

The required exp to reach new levels after the exp requirement reset level is drastically lowered.

So if you save your exp cards for it, you get more out of it; you level up much faster.

tosbase.com/database/items/?item_name=exp card

I imagine your own stupidity is not evident to yourself. That's why I'm here to point it out for you.
>as because this is the first big game they get to work on, and yet they have to work for south korean jews my shifted goalpost?

I did see that and responded succinctly. But, wracking my brain and stretching it into the mockery of reason you call thought, I think I can see what you're going for. Ignoring for a second that it's actually a shifted goalpost, you seem to think that this claim is some magical supporting evidence to your original argument that IMC is deliberately tanking the game.

Please see back here and I'll quote the line specifically, for my reply.

I'm going to leave this at that, as the original statement and quoted line itself is telling enough of the value of your "logic" and character. I have more than sufficiently fulfilled my stated goal of making you feel a fool, so please feel free to flail about the board pissing your thoughts all over the fine gentlemen gathered here, but I would be most delighted if you would instead kill yourself.

That explains quite a lot, actually. You're from reddit, arn't you?

It's a great thing you only admitted that you only argued to make me feel like a fool, or in other words, act like what is known as a "troll"
If you actually wanted to succeed in your goals, you could've done more than just repeat the same blithering bullshit over and over. In reality, I should've known better considering all of your posts are devoted towards calling bullshit on my argument, but not providing anything more.
In that case, I will "flail about the board pissing your thoughts all over the fine gentlemen fine gentlemen? :^) gathered here." further, although you should know the proper term as "on-topic discussion".

Aside from having to make sure my non-existent ego on the internet is fulfilled

If IMC unlocks the download, I'll certainly try that instead.
Do you know of a list of the exp requirements for each level?

Oh, it seems they're classed as drugs.

That's amusing.

Take a look at this.
tosbase.com/tools/skill-simulator/build/fmfuwplnfb/
I need to do more research on Doppel skills, but it's far too early for that and 10/10 Cyclone is the main thing I'd go for.

After playing a few characters from the Klaipeda side, the Orsha one looked so refreshing, not a complete different game, but still, way better spawns, better monster population and more interesting quests. The only thing it loses on is the sheer number of boss fights and relative gem drops, if this is also the direction of the new maps to come and whatever will fill all the dead ends scattered around the world, a man can hope.

They should also go back and fix the "secret" maps, give them something more than a single gimmick and no explanaion for what's there.
The Soldier's Graveyard has the Abomination world boss spawning there every few hours, but that's the first area only, you're supposed to gather souls, guide them to an Owl statue to free them and gain access to a second part of the floor that has nothing in it.
Same goes for the lv 100ish secret area in the mines, it has 2 gems that can be activated and have some monsters spawn around it…and that's it. It feels like there was supposed to be something more there.

Bad use of them imo, better to save them until you have enough to shotgun you to a class up, lv90 (arde runs), lv100 (merc missions), lv130 (peta runs), or in the very rare situation where you are significantly below the level you need for a map to not be painful.

That's amazing.

I do use a few to get class levels up every now and then. Generally I save the bulk of them for the resets.

Also revelator bonus stat points. Have to do klai quests to get the free 9 stat points (plus two statues, three if you count the owls one that Gabija sends you past after Mage Tower), grumble grumble. Orsha only gives like 3 by the time you reach Fred (plus one statue).

Also I love Orsha. It's gorgeous.

They also took our namecalling of "themepark mmo" to heart and added like two or three water slides and a fucking ferris wheel.

I personally like doing merc missions off of the resets. Free heals when the bosses die.

Actually this is even more saddening. I don't even know who's theorycrafting who here anymore.

you gotta admit, it brings its own dynamics with it. as long as the chase drops aren't super necessary for progression, they give an element of satisfaction getting it to drop whilst the rest of the world is struggling.

leveling is so slow man. for casuls like me anyway i've been on since day 1 of early access and i'm still only level 132. whew. on the other hand, people who've only been playing since the game went f2p already have two characters above my level, so use that information as you see fit

old news but i hear plague doctors are the top few spots in kToS PvP with one dragoon in the mix for whatever the hell reason, that one guy makes it work. the iToS meta, as i heard, is cryo3>psycho3 with all the cc control. good luck leveling that monstrosity though, at least people will like cryo3s in the earth tower

Probably because Gae Bolg is actually a top lel level skill but people keep wasting it like it's supposed to be spammed. You're supposed to throw it into healing fields and make people who make healing or just casted the the healing field have a very very bad day.

Having a massive CC monster dominating the PvP charts is understandable. If the majority of the PvP score comes from the group fight weighted by wins, the CC monsters with decent damage, debuff shrug offs albeit poorer HP pool will dominate the score charts just like back in RO. Thus the meme of a cata beating people with their plague doctor on a stick as builds like that tend to get eliminated first if they're unsupported or not careful.

At least monk isn't OP as fuck in this game, which already makes it better than RO.

This bot in Orsha won't stop spamming, when I block him he just bypasses it somehow, and keeps filling my screen with his shit.

They traded the asura strike for a freaking kamekameha. Still pretty damn op for GvG if CC is done well.

Which is more balanced due to charging and the fact damage is distributed over waves rather than some 1HKO Asalraalaikum and the only one that has anything close to that is Elementalists which takes forever to cast.

Did you realize knights in RO actually had a chance to completely block asura? Not to mention if it didn't manage to 1hko them, they would just pop berzerk.

You fucking nolifers are leaving the rest of us in the dust. Enjoy your endgame.

So anyone know a good place to find info on Rodelero? Plan on picking up the class at C5

C3 Peltasta

It's shit

Er, you can stop casting and start casting again to turn, right? Because if not, people getting run over by that is just sad. Regardless, it moves in a straight line even if you can stop and turn, sooooo….

There are so many counters that would at a minimum let you kite it and at a maximum completely stop the guy and then easily blow him up… I really have to wonder how the fuck "most" pvp matches end this way.

Unless maybe it ends that way not because Cata Rush or Barb Pounce killed everyone, but because they're all that's left after all the bigger guns are done firing.

Of course it might just be a lot better than it looks, I've just come to expect the vast majority of people who do PvP to be insanely bad- especially if I'm thinking RO since the pserver I was on had 7 people hold off like 50 for 54 minutes until a GM muted (applies silence CC) our ecaller. The way Pouncing (and Rush) looks, it looks like only people who don't understand how to dodge a train or punish predictable movement would be getting shrek'd by it.

You mean "if anyone who got hit didn't die they could just pot back up". This is why you pretty much only had sinx and lolsura for kills. GK BB spam was only good if you got onto their precast, and HW precast had meteors to stun the people who didn't have 150 vit and force Marc/ED/GTB/etc with Storm Gust (preventing Ghostring, which blocks Lolsura).

For reliably tanking it, a Pally with Tao Gunka (and Reflect Shield if he knew what was good for him) was probably my favorite "counter" though. Not only does it force the champ to actually fill up his mana bar decently, it'll also usually kill him in the process.

You could also be a soul linker or (better) a linker (to block it for yourself) or a linked linker (to block it for allies) and Kaupe it. Safetywall also blocked it.

Oh and hide tanking. That was also a thing.

I still remember I Kaupe'd a combosura in bg once. It was pretty fuckin' silly.

you got a friend in me anonchan. i don't level fast at all. :D

it is indeed shit but if you ever catch Bucheplus online, dude went rode and has probs the most experience to pass on out of any of us.

>Of course it might just be a lot better than it looks, I've just come to expect the vast majority of people who do PvP to be insanely bad- especially if I'm thinking RO since the pserver I was on had 7 people hold off like 50 for 54 minutes until a GM muted (applies silence CC) our ecaller. The way Pouncing (and Rush) looks, it looks like only people who don't understand how to dodge a train or punish predictable movement would be getting shrek'd by it.

It doesn't work anything like what the wiki video suggests. You can move and turn while using it. Classes that are not swordsman have no access to dashing and when the caster still has another caster as a threat and a cata or barb pops rush or pounce respectively their way, they are in a double jeopardy mode where they either stop casting and get killed by the enemy caster, or remain casting and get massively damaged by the time the pain train gets there. Most people I've seen die when they try to outrun the pain train without dashing, which most of the time they assume the swordsman popped restrain before popping rush skills since they start running. Or it's probably because these skills actually do decent damage and people who don't have con as a main or side stat gets killed within seconds. Archers are usually a non factor because they are the first casualties of mages, but the top level pvp in KToS suggest that archers that don't rush out and try to outDPS a tanker's HP do in fact dominate the scene. Corsair's hook is useful depending if you sacrificing your input and your damage output to stop the enemy's tank dooms or aids your team. Umbo is a shit skill in pvp because you can never hit a moving person with it. I've seen QS get ignored in PvP for some reason stoneshot or no stoneshot, people basically go finish everyone else off first then come back for them. You seem to be thinking people pop rush skills first or kite constantly. They don't. People who kite constantly get shrekted by casters and archers because they are not contributing to team DPS and rush skills usually gets popped once the mages spent their CC and AoE skills. Cooldown in ToS is nothing like RO and a misskill will cost you a lot in ToS.

doing the siauliai mission
>MOTHERFUCKING ARCHER IS SITTING IN THE BACK LEECHING
>team is actually not a bunch of retards like i'm used to
>we juggled that motherfucker like carnival clowns
>archer moves in for the fucking bloodmoney
i will remember you guys… but fuck that archer.

Wish the crafting system was better and you could be a happy merchant full time.

Ah okay, it's basically not the biggest threat, but it is actually pretty decent, so it constantly gets to be used since stopping it is lower priority. Still feel like it shouldn't be AS good since if it's an even fight someone should be able to non-suicidally counter it, but…

Also we need to fire the jackass making wiki vids. They're really bad.

Didin't change much, but here's what I'm sticking with
tosbase.com/tools/skill-simulator/build/fmsxouwpuv/

And for another one
tosbase.com/tools/skill-simulator/build/rp0vm9l857/

Trying out Pounce in earnest, and it's pretty awesome.

Running around bosses, repeatedly hitting them for a lot of damage each hit. Or running through mobs multiple times. Each hit does around 1k damage, and you hit around 20 or so times.

Quick question. Is the game still laggy? I tried it a while back and I had attack delays that lasted seconds.

What would be the best way to combine the Chronomancer with a DPS class?
Maybe Wizard -> Pyromancer -> Linker -> Chronomancer?
Would it be worth it? Can you even hit enemies with Chronomancer's Stop?

While the servers have been closed, and the highest population is at 2 green squares, I haven't felt any lag or latency issue, I'm on Klai, playing from europe.

If you want to go Chrono, I think it'd be better to mix it with other support classes rather than DPS ones, you might end up doing too little damage and offering too little support.
You might try something like this: tosbase.com/tools/skill-simulator/build/69s21nopkv/
But I think this: tosbase.com/tools/skill-simulator/build/heqxkaw92j/
would work better, even without linker.

Well, at the very least they announced that they'll be reopening servers soon. That's nice.

If only "stop" could stop projectiles and allow enemies to be damaged in them (but maybe become unfrozen for like a second?), then that would be awesome.

I'm not holding my breath.

After bumping up attack power with Gung Ho, Frenzy and Warcy, that shit does upwards of 3k damage each hit. The last 3 bosses I fought had their faces melted

tos.neet.tv/skill-planner#11344499.24354551.15243541.1f2d3f5171.15254a5a

tos.neet.tv/skill-planner#11344888.24354551.15243541.1a283a5171.1f517f8a94

Help me decide. Rank 5 is coming up fast. I'm divided because I don't know if I want to be a pirate after all. ):

go Cata

I am fucked I guess. Anyone want to donate to the biggest idiot in the thread?

I bought a founders pack.
I don't even have a minute of gameplay in it.

I did actually want to play it, but I really don't know why I haven't gotten around to it.

Oh jesus. Log in. You probably have a fuckton of TP lying around. They credited everyone 99tp for everyone 99TP for every token they had.

I think I did it for the free Pet. The Hoglan? Apparently you could get it at level one, and basically rush through to the fun part of the game.

Tip for next time, user, use equipment locks so you can't do that.
my main has a complete set of cloth leather and plate, I would be screwed without that function.

Man going from a Peltasta and Priest to an Archer is like day and night. Archer looks at shit and it dies within secs.

lewd is that you?

if you need mats, i can look around my inventory but more likely than not i don't have anything of note to give.

So tried doing Missions for the first time today and waited in que for almost 20mins before I called it. Is this fucking normal? Also where is a good place to grind at 105?

What level are you that you're at any risk of dying?
I raped everything with my archer up until I was underleveled against the chapel boss, the guy chops away 90% of your health if you get distracted and that's about the closest I ever gotten to getting killed in 85 or so levels.

No idea, they used to start within 5 minutes or so.

you better be doing siauliai because most run that, its the shortest and fastest. lots of people running it.

If you want to run the other missions, best bet is to form the party outside then enter, similar to the boss rush etiquette.

Good ideas, devs.

yes

It's fine, I already made another Zega spear. I bought the recipe and the imp bits and then I got really lucky and found a silver stoulet to drop the chain, instead of killing hundreds of them again.

live and learn. i sold a low chance drop weapon before that went into a collection. i had to reflect on my life choices up to that point.

oi Lancette, i have a challenge for you. the forums is losing its shit over this one headgear drop. they have confirmed 50k kills with no drop… hell they have confirmed 3 gem drops before this even showed. you think your ungodly luck can do it? :3

your mission, should you choose to accept it:

I will try… later. Right now I'm being molested by things that want to freeze me.

Just got to Sadhu, my original plan was to go Sadhu C2>Druid but flying monsters are making me reconsider.
is it too late to go Bokor then Bokor circle 2 then PD? Will effigy do decent damage at this level until I get to PD?

I might have to just run the fuck through Grand Corridor as much as I can. Seriously, fuck the enemies there. Why make it so that they can keep you frozen indefinitely?

i have no experience but…
if you are sadhu now, then you're aiming for bokor rank 5… no. bad move. abort.

now to make a bit more cornflakated, i hear bokor zombie damage scale with Str… i need someone to confirm or debunk this, i heard this a long time ago. if that's true then zombies do scale well assuming you went with Str and it might not be so bad if you run with parties (you will probably have no good damage to get the ball rolling yourself in high end maps). unfortunately you went sadhu which means you probs dumped a lot into int so… yeah. maybe don't do that.

kind of like… the map… is forcing you… to run through it… in a party to split the focus of the mobs.

might actually be good design to have a few areas like that, but they need to at least implement a marc card or marc gem, whatever to have at least a niche target counter.

inb4 they implement a lighter off-hand item that kicks you out of frozen status

it does but I wasn't planning on using zombies, my plan was to dump all the points in Hexing, Effigy, Mackandgal and Samediveve.

Why is picking Bokor at rank 5 a bad idea? will effigy do too little damage?
I've seen videos of PD soloing dungeons using Hexing+Pandemic+Effigy almost exclusively but maybe I'm missing something on those.

welp, that's the limit of my shit. i really am not familiar with those skills anymore and wince most anons here are meatheads confirmed, look at the doc you might want to give the forums a shot.

i know for a fact that PD is great. but bokor rank 5 means your skills will do fuckall BASE damage. now if they scaled well with int then maybe its good but i don't know enough to confirm or deny that.

just trying to give you the little bit i can.

What a cancerous piece of shit. You should kill yourself.

I'll try the forums then.

I know the base damage would be shit but most of the PD I've seen on videos use mostly Bokor skills comboed with PD skills but I'm not sure if the Bokor skills have good scaling or if it's the comboes with PD that make them powerful, if the later leveling would be hell until I get to PD and that's why I ask.

I appreciate the help anyway.

if you went int and some spr,you should have no problen fitting in those bokor skills,the dmg is good on effigy but it drains spr fast, mcdonalds should stop you from getting hit while oob, and safety shield negates all of the dmg

Effigy is a pretty clunky and extremely mana heavy skill I don't think it's worth building around.

As for scaling, Hexing gets aoe ratio per skill lvl which is almost required to get. Effigy's scaling is decent, but the mana cost is pretty bad.

As for picking Bokor, there is little synergy with sadhu, and I don't think effigy will not do enough with Bokor c1 at lvl 150+.

The video I've seen on effigy is somewhat misleading. Most of the damage isn't from bokor's effigy, but rather pandemic and cure.

not the thing, but looks a bit like it. lol posting the thread in case you want to read up on its rareness.
forum.treeofsavior.com/t/50-000-kills-later/293149

also posting more important patch notes for tomorrow.

tos.neet.tv/skill-planner#4137bb88.153545.253545.11243545.1a2a4a.2a3a415161718591

r8 pls

might be worth getting 1 point on cure to remove status and another point in aukuras, aukuras' effect is shit but it attratcs monster to it when cast and since I assume you're going for STR zaibas is not that important.

Also move all the point from turn undead to resist elements, I'm not sure what's the chance of turn undead working but on 70s CD it's probably not worth it.

As
1 point in cure saves you from buying antidotes, and Turn is lame while Res Ele is not.

oh hey, I have that hat, I got it after like 600 kills because rng is on my side I guess (you can see it on my character). Too bad I stopped playing a while ago.

here's a new screenshot of it, though it didn't update the drop count on infrorocktors when I got it

If you don't play anymore can I have it? LewdElfFriends on Klaipedia

Deprotect zone is crap, you are gimping yourself by passing up on the Cure and the DPS aspect of it. Shit it does more than Zaibas.

Restoration is garbage and only useful if you get Aukuras to go along with it. Also Resist Elements is a must.

No idea on Oracale and Deivdirby.

I'm actually going to hang onto it for cash value, sorry. I would like to come back at some point as the game itself is pretty fun, but playing a wizard wasn't that great.

How is the quest variety in this game?
Is it a lot of fetch quests or kill 10 X ?

on second thought, fuck it. you'll get far more enjoyment from it than I will, lemme log in

I completely forgot about cure damage.

Restoration isn't complete trash, 3 points in it nets you an attributed +50 to sp regen.
Which is better than Turn and Conversion…. which are really the only other options at pala2 (pala3, you have more room).

deprotect zone is an amazing debuff

Thanks!

I think I'll go with my original Sadhu C2>Druid plan then, mainly because of effigy's cost, I've been enjoying not having to use potions with this character and hopefully Possession will be the help I need with flying mobs.
Thanks for the input.

What is the purpose of daggers and why is the Arde Dagger so sought after?

I just got my first dagger today. It's an off-hand weapon sure. But it might probably do less damage combined with my 1h Sword, than my 2h Sword. Is it just for damage type differences?

Damn, that hat looks good. Might try for it when I have more of my life to waste away.

The Fire Property Attack effect on Arde Dagger adds damage to both your main and off-hand weapons.

oh
shit, that's kinda awesome

how do I get it normally?

It drops very rarely from the boss cube in Lv90 dungeon. You're better off spending 800k and buying it on the market.

I will make a note to buy it or hunt for it when I become a fencer.

But by then it'll suck. You want it at lv75. When you're a fencer you're gonna want one of these:
tosbase.com/database/items/113002/

Oh, in that case, I might as well not buy it at all and save the silver for that Karacha

Seriously, I have a hard time keeping silver in this game. 200k is the most I've ever had. Though that might change cause I'm using less and less money (repairs are costly though).

pray to RNGesus and grind amber and vubbe blood, the former will net an easy 150K each and I see the latter go 750K on average

CAPTCHA: RADPGS

fuck. lewd beat me to it. goddamnit.

still, i only really posted that to put Lancette's luck to the test. good to see it wasn't a myth after all. lol.

hell, if i post those pics in the forum thread it'll probably implode, i hear the hunters are at 80k killed last check. maybe someone more experienced in the art of mad bantz can do it and post the shitstorm fallout here.

i'm too casul for hunting runs. :((

at least the missions give decent dosh and they are a lot more enjoyable than dungeon runs.

Compare prices with squire shops. Repair costs from NPC and player shops have different scalings. Right now my weapon costs twice as much to repair at an NPC as it does with a player shop.

Well dang it, I wanted to play a new game.

hey hey, whoever here has access to Cider tell him the hamster pet has been in the game all this time. its an award for completing the guild mission #7.

can anyone confirm if this is true?

inb4 GlassArmour suddenly hits rank 7 after i post this

So its a pet only Templars can get?

idk man. that's just what i read. only other thing i remember was that its mountable no matter what character you were using… so maybe its not templar exclusive.

i highly doubt it won't come up in the shop though, something that kawaii~ can't be contained.

i'd go forum surfing again but i'm already busy typing up important shit here.

forgot to mention its probably not locked since you can transfer pets to any character on your team.

my bad, those easily triggered please hide the post. the rest of you faggots, sorry for the boners. :^)

treeofsavior.com/news/?n=477
And now we know why the bot ban lists have been so small lately

No game is safe from Chinese botters, it seems.

I'll have to check them out from time to time. The last few I checked were charging more.

There's like only 1 Vubbe Fighter in the mines. Tried grinding it for around 3 hours and only fought it around 3-4 times.

I could try again, but I'll be lazy and say "later"

Amber?

Damn I grabbed one when I quested the area and already put it in the collection.

Should try my luck and see if I can get some more.

Post fat archer booty, I need the booty.

blasting through levels with the two missions runs. level 139 now. woot!

Ahahahahahahahaha.

Gold flashing Upent.

Thats fucking nuts

Squire Repair scalling for squires is basically linear. The squire sets a mat cost (minimum 1; at-cost is 160), and items cost a number of mats I believe related to their stars and rarity.

NPC costs seem to rise faster than squire mat counts, so at higher levels there's a decent chance squire repair will be cheaper all around. Weapons have it the worst, reason why they hit that point now.

I also seem to recall that a dunkel wooden shield has a repair cost of a single mat. If you want to go Hitler on your repair pricing, buy one of those, and check what the per-mat cost is- it should be in the range of 160-200. Any higher and it's probably a filthy jew considering our current gear cap, unless the place is annoying/hard/slow to get to. Compare that amount to some gear you have to get the mat cost (so you don't need the dunkel), then whenever you go to squire repair you can check how greedy they are being. Keep in mind they make half the listed cost (no idea on round down/up), and 80 per mat is spent on restocking.

I will check the saphie necklace and Zach bangle in a bit to save the majority of you führers-to-be the effort, lest someone knows the mat cost formula and posts it before I can check.

I thought the thumbnail looked lewd. Didn't actually get me hard, I want my money back.Might be because no context and only being able to read moon (spoken is waaaaaay too fast for me to translate since my vocab is so poor) makes it look too much like ntrape. The former I actively hate, the later depends too much on writing quality and context.

Or don't and just do your dailies (peta runs (130 dungeon boss rush) and fred merc missions).
Er, right, not all of you have jobs/college atm eating most of your time, so you're actively looking for large income rather than passively playing the long game.

jesus

FUCKING FINALLY

UUUU

Well just say someone with the hamster today. So its real

if i install a standalone addon while having the addon manager, will it fuck shit up? I want LKchat but it isnt in the manager

No idea man. I use ToSMOD mod package. Should try asking there.

Is there some special way to get those repair characters to actually repair things? Most of the ones who set up shop I talk to, just have a dialogue box popping up with a Character Info option. Only 1 or 2 characters I talk to go directly into repair window.

most of them come up like this

You have to click on their banners

Alright, I see. I'll have to try that next time.

Zach is 8, Sapphie is 6.

:^)

i love posting shit here and it gets confirmed in less than 24h.

That is indeed disheartening

don't worry famkun, the forum thread where i found that said that it was a 1-of bot deterrent. lol. idfk how you're supposed to distinguish it from regular mobs though, even the add on doesn't exactly warn you that you are going to hit a god in merog form.

oh lord, those poor souls. i want to troll them with the pics in this thread so bad.

That's something.

I'm now killing those lizardmen enmasse for bones, though. They're not so bad, especially if I use WarCry/Frenzy and Pounce

I wish the storage lady had a bookshelf and card deck feature so my inventory would be less cluttered

just click the "-" to close those windows so you dont have to look at them

SERVERS CLOSED?

What the fuck is this shit I was trying to do pirate stuff what the fuck

log back in, was just a hiccup

i thought that was because of this.

Do any of you know the best way to get the craziest attack speed possible for Swordsman and archers? I mean beyond just the Chronomancer buff. Like can or does everything stack and items and enchants and what else?

For archers the standard attack speed build is A2/QS3 to stack kneeling and running shot. Aside from that, there aren't all that many attack speed buffs.

max attack speed is achievable using Double Weapon Assault of corsairs. its so fast that its going to depend on your ping and alternating mash speed. the only problem is its stamina dependent so stacking plate and getting all the sta buffs might not even be enough for a satisfying atatatatatatatatatatatatatata moment so you might even resort to stamina regen consumables.

you can check out steparu's vids yo see it in action. it gets cuhrayze if you use the off-hand hammer that explodes enemies after the 10th hit.

How much does the cash shop cost?
Like, how much in euros or USD for x amount of cash?
Also any interesting items in it?

I'm looking at the game and I'm still undecided about which (of the very very many) classes to choose. What are the most powerful skills in the game? I want something that can hit extremely hard. Can you also restat or reclass in this game? And what server are you all on?

At what level is it worth using a squires repair service? Because at 113 it cost about 2.5x more than the NPC.

There's an addon (in the tooltip addon I think) that will tell if you if worth repairing an item via NPC or Squire.

I think it generally depends on the level of the item as well as the amount of stars?

most of us play free and rarely even look in the direction of the cash shop but i'll give this a shot.
>shop is "affordable" in that you don't need anything from it to play comfortably (unless you play solely to PVP or to jew the market). also 5 free TP a day max so that's like a rolling discount.

Missingno Kepa strikes again

any archer build

Wow.

It really is RO's successor.

I mean, all these obvious bots ingame.

Is it going to end up as dedgame?

It will if they don't open up the servers soon.

Are archers really that strong? They have the most boring looking skills and doesn't anyone who can block rape them?

Oh and there are people who reached 280 already, right? That's insane. Who can handle such a level of autism dedication?

Tomorrow I'll get my blue hair (only 5 more quests!). White hair comes in 16 more crafts.

the boater dude is still going at it

we're gonna need some lore on that.

archers are strong for dps with skill cycles, but they really don't cap out the one-hit damage rankings other than musketeer's snipes.

A few skills they have might be unblockable; 500 something block (stoneskin) was able to reliably stop Musk's Headshot, but Snipe always got through.

We don't actually have the block formula yet, other than how block score and pen themselves are calculated. I (pelt main) feel like the attack's damage does something to it (hence why snipe wasn't stopped by 500 block), but I have no real proof. When my pelt3 hits 200 or so, my friend and I will probably try it with my shield instead of stoneskin, since my block should be waaaaay higher than that by then.

Speakign of addons, I saw that a lot of people got banned for using them. Is there an official list of safe-to-use addons?

Other notes on the cash shop…

Things the 5 tp can buy

Where's a good place to grind for a Level 150 character? Heard the Demon Prison was decent.

Currently no, however the recent ban was for an obvious cheat, and revealed it's a two strike system.

Rule One:
Think about what the addon does, if it sounds like a cheat it's probably gonna get you b& m80.

Rule Two:
We haven't yet had a ruling on WHY they banned the pantsu mod, but working theories are either this, or how difficult it is to police texture mods if some of their "invisible" effects are done with transparent textures.

This is the more blanket rule of the two options, so I say wait until the dumbass normalfags find the limit on game file modding, and avoid it yourself till they do.

Since they keep calling them addons rather than mods, the limit for game file editting is probably none.

Fred merc missions are good for exp and avoiding the prison grind if you're patient.

With all the bots and gold sellers, almost feel like playing Onigiri instead.

Are those good for soloing?

Easy to verify, drop an anvil, if they attack it and don't react like a player realizing what he just did, it's a bot.
Toss a report, and move on.

and remember to b/u/lly the chaplains

Just block and report them. Takes 2 clicks with the right click menu options addon

Soloing? No. Partyfindering, yes. Just do the first one. And be sure to bring pots unless you're a cleric.

Damn, I suppose I'll just
grind the prison

It's real quick compared to grinding it out in prison… plus you only have to do 2-3 runs a day depending on token status. You just trying to avoid people? I also hope to god you have cards for the dead zone around…. 160? Because iirc fred merc missions were what filled that hole.

No token here. I have a bunch of exp tomes though. I can probably try it, but I don't feel like grinding hard today. Or at least for now. I'll just go kill chupacabras for their skins so I can get my crafting up. Maybe afterwards I'll go into some dungeons I missed and explore them fully. I am saving up my exp cards, but mostly the level 7 ones.

I feel bad for Thaumaturge. With the limited buff slots and their high difficulty system of buffs with drawbacks, it's no wonder for their rarity. They're relatively useless now and I've never seen a T3 before. Speaking of that, what are the rarest/least played classes anyway?

I've only seen 1 Sadhu other than me
And I don't think I've seen many Falconers, Rogues or Rodeleros but maybe I just didn't recognize the Rogues ans Rodeleros' clothes and skills.
Surprisingly even tho I always hear Wugushis are shit I've seen quite a few.
I know Sadhu is pretty subpar too but at least is fun to play as, no idea why there are so many Wugushis.

Partying up with people is a lot of fun, though.

But it makes me feel so inferior

They used to be shit, until they buffed them quite a bit. Now they're decent, but nothing too special

So Wugushit is just a meme now?

yea, they do decent damage, they only really shine with linkers.

Sadhu is still kinda weak except for possession.
Falconers are OP, but just for circling.
Rogues are pretty rare because of the fletcher meme.
Rodeleros is pretty terrible

missions carried me this week with my limited time to play, bumped me all the way to 141 with 2 runs a day.

the elusive shinobi :^)

i almost never see sadhus in maps, always in missions/dungeons. maybe has something to do with being better against bosses?

they should have a noticeboard things saying that party find is for full clears only.

the lvl 90 dungeon is the one who drops arde daggers iirc. No wonder why boss rushers plague this one in particular

Fletchers are fucking crazy.

Before their skills were revealed, I assumed they were a utility, situational, and crafting class for archers and certain items (you know, like a real fletcher) like Pardoner, Alchemist, Appraiser, even Templar and Centurion, etc.

Turns out they do craft things, but only for themselves and their attack skills have insanely low CD and hit crazy hard like Magic Arrow, which hits harder than Elementalist's Meteor.

This also brings up another thing, are Archers the only class which do not have one one of the special classes mentioned above?

Oh and what's so OP about Falconer's circling? I've literally never seen a Falconer before.

At this point, they're probably going to nerf or remove the Arde Dagger. It's obnoxious and I don't think any high level weapons replace it but I don't really remember. I'm not even sure what the most powerful weapons in the game are.

There's the karachas dagger that's pretty much a straight upgrade

i'd totally buy an enchanted arrow, like stone arrow, from a fletcher if i could throw it at an enemy and it'll stun them. cataphracts could use ranged shit like that.

something called kukaracha dagger i think replaces it at 170.

i don't think it will, nor it should, be nerfed or removed. i think we need more variety other than flat DPS boost just to even it out… like

at least it won't all be "arde daggers or bust"

Circling makes it so aoes don't have a target limit. Even melee auto attacks.

It's still a theory, but magic missile has odd mechanics with hangman's knot, but only with the aoe defense ratio attribute.It seems to chain infinitely if the only targets it can chain to have 0 (or maybe negative) aoe defense ratio.

The only evidence I have:

If I use HK + MM on a group of 5+ mobs with a total of 300k+ hp, joint penalty ends, and the total damage ends up being 2k*150 (~300k)

There might be more skills with this type of behavior, but I suspect if someone uses circling + magic missile, it will instantly kill everything as long as there aren't too many mobs outside the circle for it to chain to.

There's ledas shield, manamana, karacha, venom. Arde is just the easy one to get, and the lowest level.

iirc another user already did theorycrafting for these infinite magic missile bounces and it whiffed in practice. that said, i won't stop you if you want to test it, just please post results here.

this is similar to that stake stockades + punji stake infinite damage loop thing, which idfk if it was removed or if it even worked on bosses.

Even if it doesn't work, it makes AOE skills 'true' AOE.

If it weren't for the longish cooldown, I think it would enable some groups to be competitive with the current wizelewar + chrono meta

if that was really a thing, i wonder why there is no talk about it being the saitama of earth tower.

man, i wish i was higher level so i actually know shit about endgame content

Are you ready for bunnygirls?

when?

Portals can't touch each other, so they'd both close when they come in contact with each other.
Can't shoot portals through portals.

Forget the bunnygirl slut outfit. Are those fucking heart pupils in that gif on the right?

I just popped into this thread because of that portal image that forgot how portals work.

SEIZON SENRYAKU: Bunny Ear edition

Does the game even have an end game?
From what I know, level 280s go around hunting in dungeons almost half their own level.
Although to be fair I suppose the game itself is "still in development" but looking at all the problems that exist right now I'm not sure why they still aren't in beta and the CS is live already but I guess it still is basically beta, CLOSED beta, considering no new users are going to show up any time soon.

There's the Earth Tower, but it's a ridiculously overtuned dungeon designed for Rank 8 classes. IMC has only implemented classes up to rank 7.

thats a good parallel, but consitering the state of kToS we can rule out that the game is not in a finished state. they did promise 80 classes on release, but Nexon and the masses are to blame for pressuring them after years in hiding. also whoever put up the game on steam without IMC's approval that got it more attention than they can ignore… or as the legend goes

endgame revolves around these elements:
>BiS gear, including pimped up upgrade levels and slotted gems (lvl 6 is generally accepted as the highest you can get within reason) maybe even experiment with tincturing to get max stat rolls
>hats
>and by extension hats with great stats (needs cash shop item) or talt trading
and lastly

did i miss anything?

Hope they add more fun things like in Mabinogi. It's a shame they didn't make an RO-type successor with Mabinogi instead of those cancerous realtexture games.

Hope they add more fun things like in Mabinogi. It's a shame they didn't make an RO-type successor with Mabinogi instead of those cancerous realtexture games. Would be fun if they had more of a ROSE online buff system too.

Why are wizards so OP in this game? If you look at the top PVP rankings its literally nothing but cryos, psys, sorcs, etc.

I'm not even sure about the appeal of the 80 classes thing when it's literally unbalanceable and the system isn't designed to use that many classes. Oh well, all I want is my shepard.

Ah, damn it.

m-m-m-multipost!!!

wizards appear OP because they are hard to play around because of the cc blobs. kToS pvp has plague doctors in the top ranks. what pvp rankings are you even talking about? is there some organized pvp implemented in iToS already that has evaded me?

well, that's kind of the thing, the game isn't built around being balanced, its built around variety and polarization. kiddies were all crying that they can't make a guild at the start of the game because templars require commitment… well that's the entire fucking point. pretty sure the 80 classes was a promise to enrich the experience with making different mechanics work together. i will punch a nigger if somebody claims the classes are imbalanced because squires, alchemists and pardoners can't into PvP or even PvE… or that pelts/rodes have low range… or that pure dex archers can't tank magic… or that wizards can't cycle spam skills as much… they specialize in different areas using a theme. many classes cover a wider scope of areas, but their theme could be a big deterrent.

doppelsonders OP because they can farm better than any other class with double pay/earn

You guys here are much more intelligent than the redditieretards on the official forums. Wish you guys were there to post stuff like this and talk some sense into them.

Man I wish there was an option to kicked faggots from missions. all 3 ques ended up with 2 faggots just sitting there. Good think I was on my priest and able to heal the other 2 for the rest of the fights. beware of PoorHobo and Chocolation

man, i'm only around here because i'm too bleeding busy to be in game playing. you know how echo chambers work, contradiction to the accepted is drowned out. that and we kinda good too deep into it during the shitflinging with the BR guild and had to tune down the bants lest they figure out where we're from

also, i'm pretty much the guild waterboy being the most casul of everyone here, so take what i said with a grain of salt

how dare they mess with our filthypenguin! once glass makes the guild, we declare war on them!

These prices are pretty shameless.

wew

Guild wars are essentially going to be resource wars like in PW, I assume. And remember the top guilds in PW literally spent thousands of euros a month just to maintain their top position and even there didn't mean shit when on some server some one guild spent almost hundreds thousands euros.

So I got an Arde Dagger from the level 90 dungeon.
What now?

huh… the 100TP~$9 was right. nice.

I don't think its overpriced (or shameless as you say) considering how easy it is to get a token for silver. this game is top-tier f2p in terms of getting started, and getting that token at the start will help little because the difficulty kicks in much later.

but hell, i can't convince new players of how easy it is to farm for a token by rank 4 onwards without them asking for help here so i don't know. At the very most this makes the game a $9 b2p game for tryhards… i suggest against casuls and shitters getting tokens since they won't get much use out of it anyway until much later

nigga whut? perfect world?

in any case, for GvG you need talts which drop from dungeons. you get 2 dungeon runs a day, 3 if you have a token. red flag you need a token to maximize talt generation per guildie, so that's $9 you need to be competitive.

other than that, you have to trade for talts, so that boils down to rare item hunting. that's mostly no longer affected by tokens even.

now, if there are tryhards too rich for their own good, there's the heavily undervalued/undercut token sales and the headgear enchantment lotto. that's conversion of do$h to talt is going to be the fuel of of the p2w accusers. unfortunately i can't defend that… anybody know if there are actual people out there so ready to spend real money to win guild wars for no prize whatsoever? will talt shoot up in value in response? do people really even consider GvG as winning?

what class are you even? if you can use it, you probably should unless you are a tank that needs a shield even more.

I want a samurai class and a katana to go along with my new hat. It's not fair that there's no samurai class when there are ninjas.

I'd say use it if you can. If not, put it up for sale, I suppose.

I think he meant things like the eventual guild siege wars rush aka your guild better pray it has cannoners and a gorillion consumables. Somewhat like what appeared in RO and other games. I guess every game needs their money sinks though because most grind games don't have an end game if you actually reach end game outside PVP.

if you are willing to spend a gorillion on TP to leverage guild battles, i guess you deserve the win. my only wonder is, to what end though? current GvG has no benefits… but then people will still consider it as "winning" and by definition the game can get the dreaded p2w tag.

i'm theplaya btw, wondering how to argue against p2w doomsayers since i hang around here and answer people's questions. i won't lie to innocent anons and say the shop is infallible. lol

Also I'm not sure what I hate more. People who unironically have names like xxxsephirothxxxlegolaszx and the like or anything with the name 'kirito' in it.

So what's the worst names you guys have come across?

The punji combo requires the mob to be able to be launched; it doesn't work on bosses. It's not an infinite damage loop either.

It's still amazing in many cases, but the cooldown is too long for the earth tower timers.

With respect to PVE?
Wiz3 is 'futureproof' because it has a 50% magic damage buff with 100% uptime.
Ele3 has two OP aoe skills
Warlock has 1 ridiculously good aoe skill and some extra semi-free damage skills

Add in pass, and the aoe spam is extremely spammable.

As for PvP, I suspect they're not. They used to be because too many things completely nullified any physical build. the Meta was stone skin for infinite block, and plate for the extra HP. Magic isn't easily mitigate-able,so right now it will tend to show up at the top.

Probably a poor poor pet whose master named it ANALSEX.COM
Actually briefly partied with the guy, he wasn't a total dunce like the pet name would have implied.

I would say you see cryos and psykinos at the top because of cc. Freeze spam from the former, and LIFT (and gravity pole) from kinos.

where the marc cards at

kill yourself

Why

world class bait

That's the Owl Burial Ground quest right?

When I failed it the first time, I started changing channels until I found a decent population of monsters nearby.

Then I smacked them all a few times/swashbuckled to weaken them and get them to follow me.

THEN I talked to the guy and got the quest.

Explain thyself.

checking
Thanks for the advice, m8

still too few tbh
Itemization as it it is rather poor, leaving everyone with very limited options on what to equip.
Sure, the game is still in very early stages and we are only at 280/600 levels, but having a single option for 100 levels or so is kinda dumb.
Effect wise, there's so much that could be done, instead of just +x attack, +x block penetration, +x damage versus y.

As I read it, it lowers the AoE defense ratio.
It could go down to 0, making all skills hit as many targets as stated (ie, my Smite with Velniup as of now has an AoE ratio of 9, but only hits up to 5 monsters due to their AoE defence) or it could bring them below 0, increasing even more everyone's target limit.

Hnnnngggggg

Note that guild wars will also have a server v server thing going on with weekly rewards going to the server with the best guilds, with TP chests as prizes and the biggest prize is like a 6k TP chest, so the top competing guilds might actually get tokens for free just by competing.

Game's broken as shit, but there's no SJW crap on sight.
At worst, we have a lot of /cuteboys/.

I hate how hats bug out in the lodge, can't get a decent group picture.

testing ingame recording

Nigga I did it on a Peltasta C3 without a problem.

Got the blue hair.

Wow nice. How you get it?

I feel so much disappointment playing this game compared to Ragnarok and I don't know why. What about you guys?

Never played RO.Was to busy playing DAoC back then.

For me the game is a nice time sink. Lot of things I think that could be better, but oh well. Hope the dev team doesn't shit the bed.

Party Quests in Fedimian. Just go to the Fedimian merc outpost and talk to the guy who tells you you can't do quests alone. Create a party (you don't need to find someone else), and talk to him again, he'll give you a random quest.

Disappearance and the Enemy's Smell are the easiest to solo. If he doesn't give you either of those, just leave the party, then recreate the party and talk to him again. You can only do like 5 party quests a day I think, so you'll probably get it in like 5 days (you need to complete 25 quests for the blue hair)

Sweet thanks.

What kind of things do you all think should be better?

RO at the start had this sense of freedom and adventure. You just can't get the same feeling with questline-based mmos (which means all of them atm)

Where do we even start?
600 planned levels are too fucking many, make it 100ish with more areas that require preparation to enter. Questlocking, consumable items, certain protective gear and so on. It doesn't have to be all about level disparty.
Stats make no fucking sense, almost everything scales flatly, this makes most of your damaging skills useless as soon as you get a new circle. %scaling on attack would be a complete different story.
The maps are too linear and tend to become a bit too samey.
No snow maps, literally what the fuck.
There is very little actual exploration oher than running near the edge of the map you're currently questing in.
The few maps that are outside the beaten path have a few gimmicks in them which makes them fun, some other maps have restricted areas only accessible with a lv 40ish quest item, more of these secret areas would be welcome if they had anything in them.
And again, item pool too small, not enough gearing options, no "fun" gear outside of the Toy Hammer.

And this, the game has too much handholding and very rarely lets you go.

Are they doing maintenance? I can't connect to the Orsha server.

I've seen people drop the game because they got triggered by the fact that skirts were flying in the wind.

KYS

Orsha is fucking up, man.
Have trouble connecting.
Don't think a lot of people are on.

holy… i didn't realize we were at bump limit page 13. time to rev up a new thread. anybody wanna suggest good pics for the OP?

Wyrm :^)
also all the goddamn "smash palm on keyboard" names the bots have. i mean i don't think bad of names as long as they make sense on some level, but fukken sdlkjflksdjb are just so off-putting.

that's why i plan to go magebbq build endgame (pic related), because out of all defensive stats mdef is the most valuable. physical has block for mitigation anyway.

gj

gratz. i only plan to go for the much easier to get white hair. lol. i didn't even know where the party quests were until you said. lol. too bad no hair from missions.

count the number of years, consider how young you were and how limited your vidya experience was at the time. your expectations grow over time and you have better knowledge of what's possible. you're growing up user sorry

the game gets slightly better for every one of those kinds of people that leave.

I'm about to lose my mind trying to get an arde dagger

the blue hair is really easy to get if you do this

Just takes time.

White hair takes longer. I need to do like 7 more crafts though.

Arde isn't worth it, IMO. Eventually it'll be replaced by the Karache dagger at level 170.

NEW THREAD