How good is it going to be?

How good is it going to be?

Imagine minecraft in space without ability to dig or build.

Is it fun?

You lost there, pal?
This here is my jurisdiction.

Daily Reminder

No you can build, but the No-Fun Police will be on your ass if you do it too much.

But user, there are one billion BILLION PLANETS!

Was getting delayed a part of your plan?

Boy I can't wait for the flop. It's Order 1886 all over again.

I haven't seen much that excites me. Between Elite's recent steady improvements and Space Engineers, I'm pretty satisfied.

There is gameplay you retard it's just that it looks boring as fuck.

Oohing and aahing at landscapes you can't do anything with and occasionally moving your spaceship doesn't count, you AAA cockgobbling faggot.

You can only place some structures, not proper building.

Fuck, did I say build? I meant mine.

I like comfy space games, so I'll probably give it a shot.

They're not an independent studio.
They're contracted to a company.
i.e. get shekels for said development, abide by the contract terms (what that includes, and how indepth they can affect development, I dunno), and have2 give said company a cut of the profits.
Was halo:CE an "indie game" because they were a relatively small studio, but contracted by microsoft?

Being independent means they would have no contract they must abide by, and hence no outside influence on their development cycle/process; i.e. INDEPENDENT devs.
They lack those things, and are hence not independent.

According to their website:

Whether that will be shit or not is the real question.

That's bullshit, though. They weren't contracted to make the game by anybody else.

Have you read anything about the game at all?

How is this game going to be good at all?

i can empathize

When have they said this?

Game Informer interview, the planets are generated per player when they enter it and is deleted when they leave, so people don't see each others planets.

Every thread until its release in 2017.

Can you post the actual interview

Are you sure they didn't just mean that the planet is regenerated in the since the game deloads the generation data, and then regenerates the same data as the first time, like how loading areas works in all games with procedural generation?

That doesn't nessacarily mean the changes aren't saved. Every time you exit and renter a chunk in minecraft, the terrain is regenerated from the same seed of that world, which obviously has the same output as the first time, but the game saves the changes you made to it in the save file.

It's like you hate your eyes

Not as much as this game.
But still quite a lot

I hate these fucking fags but he was right about everything he said. This game is going to bomb hard so the devs made sure to reveal just a tiny amount of details so they can jumpstart the hype machine.

It amazing how they delayed this shit when it was about to release soon.

Well I would but they took both videos down of it. How cheeky.

So good.

it's going to be 'Starbound in 3D'

Exactly this, but at least starbound has building that others can see

Can I fly in my spaceship and land in an uncharted planet, find weird alien fauna on that planet, and shoot and kill it with my rifle? That would make me soooo happy.

Fuck off, Brit.

I hope it turns out to be good. I'm only cautiously optimistic though. Unless they have a team of savants I think the scale of planet generation they're trying to pull off is going to leave every other aspect of the game feeling watered down. Shit like doesn't bode well.

No, u.
Also can I load up my trophy kills onto a space caboose hitched to my spaceship, going from planets to planets killing huge faunas with my space elephant rifle, with maybe an indian dot not feather boy valet loading my rifle in between shots. Because reloading my own rifle would be very pleb indeed, pip pip.

better then Holla Forums expects

Fantastic
garbage thread and game though

Just looking at screenshots makes me want to kill myself. Looks depressingly awful to be honest.

INFINITE PLANETS