archive.is/0GgFO
archive.is/sEZIw
archive.is/8phkm
archive.is/dK4bs
archive.is/ZihPn
archive.is/c9B2K
archive.is/kNV4t
please
ottawacitizen.com/news/leaked-details-of-mossad-assassins-fake-canadian-passport-under-rcmp-scrutiny
cnn.com/2015/11/20/us/jonathan-pollard-israel-spy-release/
democracynow.org/2010/2/19/killing_of_hamas_leader_in_dubai
youtube.com/watch?v=KFtk5is3knw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

He probably moved on. Can't say I blame him, he invested a LOT of money into getting vidya for us and we barely had anyone help pay for shipping costs. He hasn't even posted on his twitter account in 6 months.

Can't believe I forgot about that madman

who?

About an year new.

Oh shit it's been that long? Damn now I'm truly sad, let me check some files.
FUCK

I miss him and the quality posts we had before.
Not even Rob has been posting anymore.

Havent seen a drawthread in days
Summer kills the Holla Forums

It's only going to get worse user.

Still some good threads, but I miss all we lost.
At least Anton and Coolpecker devs are still alive.

I havent seen it on the frontpage, thats probably why.
Thanks user

i'm sorry guys ;_;

Who?
No really, I've been here since the first exodus and I don't know who you're talking about.

Be the change you want to see in the world.

These posters come from nothing to create something. R.O.B.OP especially was just a guy who had a fun idea. Then it spiraled into being a thing and now people fondly remember it.
Believe in the commune that believes in you.

superbus was cool he bought jap games for donations to the JP red cross and would ask people to guess a game that would be cheapest and buy it for the anons that guessed a cheap game

Check IDs user

why not

i clicked the wrong one
it was meant for

Also, in case any of you guys wanted the gif he usually put in the OP

i want to go back

skype crashes on my main desktop and i dont like the mobile app. plus ive been busy with real life.
if they need me they know where to find me. i dont think they need me for a long time though

We can still be like that, user.
It's not too late if you be the change you want to see.

You have to go back

I still have the 3 games i managed to snag from the supabus threads sitting next to me. I had hoped he would come back one day but alas, it seems we have lost another good man.

I wouldn't go that far. Usually "famous" anons just slink back into anonymity rather than ditch the site altogether. This place is like cocaine.

Post games ya got from supabasu

the last package he sent had one of the games torn out of it by border agents :^(

i forgot to add my onechanbara ps2 damn

Thread theme

i got clock tower but i'm not home so no photos

a lot has change since we first came here.

Oh, it was 4 games not 3.

And one day, Holla Forums, too, will be dead. Such is the way of things, we just have to enjoy it while we can. Don't mourn the inevitable.

Der Langrisser (SF)
Growlanser (PS1)
Growlanser VI (PS2)
Star Ocean (SF)
Sakura Wars (SS)
Sakura Wars 2 (SS)
Biohazard (SS)

I donated for a few of these things though.

I think we ended up exhausting the local market of Sakura Taisen and Super Robot Wars games.

No

Well, considering Superbus was able to get Sakura Taisen 1 for 200 yen and Sakura Taisen 2 for 250 yen, I'm willing to bet they had an ample supply of them.

but how long will it be before hatechan hits the bucket, and we all spread across different imageboards.

Yeh but i recall towards the end the prices were going up as we had actually increased demand for certain games.

holy shit I just realized

:O

Yeh he said when he stoped that one of the factors was he wanted to wait for the local market to recover from the damage we had done.

is it true

Archives from my vidya folder says his last visit was a 25th of July, his hunt #36
I won a lot from him but i'm still somewhat salty that almost nobody donated for shipping costs, especially those who got more than one prize

Also he went away because he had stuff to do, namely his medical papers he was translating for a project in some master/p.H degree
I like to think he was a very good example of an outer man/God who left us due to increasing madness, at that moment (Summer 2015) we were already a ton and his hunts prolonged to 4 pages (they were 2 in the beginning, last one was 3 thou) along with many unclaimed prizes

He was too good, i honestly believe he won't return until somehow he finds a similar place with few people that don't advertise a real life Santa. Don't know how he went secret for a substantial time in /vr/

I was pretty salty about nobody donating for the shipping costs too. I'd donate 10-20 a week even if I didn't win anything and it was depressing seeing his financial report.

Why haven't they come back? Aren't all the problems they ran into with their board ironed out by now?

If he ever shows back up again id be happy to throw down some more cash.

oh i'm jealous

i wish he had a patreon. i never had a credit card to donate to the red cross directly

Well, both, at this moment it's the same thing
Seriously how can we deny at least the recent influx of people? we were 2300 some weeks ago, we are right now bordering the 2800, a 25% increase

I once resetted his debt when it was at a petty 1000 yen or something, later on it would go over 5000, the last ones i dont even remember
I regretted not giving him more but later on i realized he was very decent for a group of reddit-tier fag misfits aka half of the thread at some point
Man do i sound elitist, but honestly he was one of those things you wouldn't talk about

They practically got gassed by the administration itself and never got offered a new board, or an apology, or even an explanation, they just got nuked in one of those failed software thingies. I dont remember if it was a normal mishap or Josh's project
They are now at 76chan but they got heavily punched by that, it broke their community and now the only ones active are the funposters who are still trying to revive the gud ol 2011-2012 days
aka Dead

This happens every year, though. Fags are off school and now have more time to shitpost

leel

That aint the image i posted

basically they lost hope in Holla Forums after their board got nuked without warning.

Yes, but we were 1200-1500 back then, 500-900 in the golden weeks
Rarely if ever admins check and register the influx because they are scared of their bucks
Which i don't mind but some got really pushy about it, like moot who always denied summer, even when it was painfully obvious by the home page stats

More and more people are "finding out about" 8ch. Maybe we're too accepting to newfags. Eternal summer when

= SUPABASU IS DEAD =

Does he maybe still take direct orders? Has anybody tried e-mailing him?

It's not so much that, but how we, until very late, started to force a Lurk policy (spam someone with that i mean)
And we also got invaded by them and we dindu nuffin because we somehow wanted more people
Buddy we have been there for a long time now, but if you want an Eternal Defcon 1, i dont know, we might be just months from that if this summer doesn't go away and/or 4cham gets another nuking

I already quitted 6 months of Imageboard life once upon a time, it was tough but it might happen again

ALSO someone said in one of those old SB threads that he was going to send me Panzer Dragoon if i donated and proved it
Where are you buster

ROB dude went into the army a while back and said he'll be back in the fall

Update your skype, it fixed mine

This

Were you dropped on your head? This Holla Forums always had over 2,300 at any given time since September 2014.

This is an archive from the boards list from October 2014.
archive.is/F72Vq
November 2014
archive.is/CQkAs
December 2014
archive.is/ZU2ZO
January 2015 (after the second exodus)
archive.is/4XpLC

We did go down to 2,300-2,500 a few weeks ago because the website barely worked. Don't you remember the constant 502 errors? It wasn't even functional at some point. We're slowly regaining users. I check traffic almost every day. Do you know how many "new users" Holla Forums got?

But what if old people left and newfags replaced them?

>eventually finally won… Slime Mori Mori 2, AKA Rocket Slime
I'm not sure if I kept asking though

Hopefully not, newfags ruin everything without fail

His claim is that we were "1200-1500 back then, 500-900 in the golden weeks." That's just ludicrous and demonstrably false.

As to the anons that might have left, people move on, get new jobs, lose access to Internet, deal with diseases, mourn losses, I don't know. Shit happens.

/cyber/ was the og dead board. Shit was so cash and then everyone started bleeding to other boards/chans because of newfags. The final nail in the coffin was when the board master tried to siphon everyone onto another site. This sent both boards below critical mass and as such they both died nigh instantaneously.

After /cyber/ died I pretty much knew the death knell was sung for Holla Forums. We hadn't gained any new blood from the migration and and in fact were on the downhill slope from our peak. Pretty much every niche board went the way of /cyber/ and the largest boards on the site consolidated the remaining users.

I hate to say it but I kind of blame hotwheels. He didn't have the sort of charisma or work ethic he needed to carry the site on his own – though understandably so because of his affliction – but he also chose the wrong people to help pick up the slack. The backend to the site was a fucking turd and development was a shitstorm of incompetence and unaccountably. The site should have been fixed within months of the first migration and PR efforts made in order to induce community events/participation. The reason I came to Holla Forums is because I bought into the dream that Brendan was selling and stayed for the unique community and content ecosystem. Everything that separated Holla Forums from all the other generic web forums has pretty much evaporated save for the few superficial vagaries that define "chan culture" as a whole.

It's unfortunate.
How many of them died for real, I wonder?

Bullshit, in the early/pioneer years we had even 2500 users due to the Holla Forums craze, then they bailed out to return back there, we were left with fewer than 1000, then the 2nd exodus bumped us up and last summer we broke the 2000

Well there's nothing else to say other than "it was real in my mind"
I don't get it, i remember extremely vivid the 60PPH and 3 digits ID's, and it felt like it (waiting for a reply while doing something else)
We had almost no one too, but i do not have solid proof other than my good memory, so i will have to take it deep and hard from you, bud
Still, it feels bizarre, it happened and we discuss it all the time between jaded users, it's not that ludicrous (other than everyone pretending) but the proof is in the pudding.

What would explain the extreme dip in quality then?

That i will accept the solid evidence instead of my visual recollections, thus my defeat and my sudden distrust of my own memories
Man i just don't get it, was all of this a dream or something

Nigger, the proof is right there.
I can actually tell you we gained users by the hundreds, jumping to 3,000+ AFTER paid mods.
Remember those black faxes? Remember that shit? Well, that shit had us win hundreds of users and they stayed for E3. At E3, we got to 3,500 last year and that was Holla Forums's peak. We had around 3,000-3,500 until November, which is when the website software started going to shit and the errors started showing up.

No, but don't take it "deep and hard" from me. Take it from the fucking archives.

January 2015
archive.is/5wXDr
February 2015
archive.is/g4YKO
May 2015
archive.is/f5f5h
June 2015
archive.is/IYyFC
August 2015
archive.is/EFRlh
October 2015
archive.is/zDHxR
November 2015
archive.is/0GgFO
December 2015
archive.is/sEZIw

You fucking nigger. Kill yourself.

They do die, user. Maybe sooner than later.

Whoa buddy, i already took it like it should be, why the fuck are you so salty about something not only me but dozens remember from this place
And where's the August/September 2014 ones if you are so great

I lost my picture, but I got from him Angel Eyes, Toshinden 3 and Last Blade Collection. The man was helping people, helping gamers. The world needs more people like him, and I'm sad I could not help more. A toast to Supabasu.

I won another game but it got stopped at the border for some shit

nigga

I never asked him for anything, but it was always nice to see him posting.

F

You make claims based on memories instead of looking for the available archives to further a falacious argument. That's why you are a nigger with very selective memory who should kill himself.

There's not a lot. I got these:
First two days on Holla Forums
archive.is/8phkm
archive.is/dK4bs
First week on Holla Forums
archive.is/ZihPn
archive.is/c9B2K
archive.is/kNV4t

Now fuck off with this doom and gloom. E3 is upon us and I want to laugh at the trainwreck with my fellow anons.

elucidate

But i did, and backed down at my own failure
Based on reality, unless you are blind
Redditors maybe, you are no better than the scum we tried to evade
You will see the day

as in my nigga, I posted an old chart I had from that board as a means of explanation

The only game I was able to get was Xenosaga episode 2 and a MGSV flyer.
At first I didn't like it too much, but now I think I might finally finish it because of this thread.

I think I might try emailing him today too.
Fuck man, things have gotten really bad haven't they? I mean look at us, we're getting nostalgic about when we first came here and even then we still wanted to go back before 2007.

Some might have actually killed themselves over MGSV. ;_;

The reality seems to be that we've had pretty much the same traffic since 2014 though. And there are always good threads and bad threads, then and now.
If you look at the threads in it's pretty much the same shit.

Here is the posts per hour during the ROB finale threads if we're collecting info

Im glad

shamefur dispray

tell him i said hi, and thanks him for the games

No idea if he's still on here and I never asked him for anything but I still enjoyed the threads I saw, he was one of the reasons this board was great once.

please use archive.is/world/2010/feb/19/mossad-israel-olympics

ottawacitizen.com/news/leaked-details-of-mossad-assassins-fake-canadian-passport-under-rcmp-scrutiny

cnn.com/2015/11/20/us/jonathan-pollard-israel-spy-release/

please use archive.is/world/2004/jul/16/israel

democracynow.org/2010/2/19/killing_of_hamas_leader_in_dubai

youtube.com/watch?v=KFtk5is3knw

rolling out

Wrong thread bucko

I don't know, I new to chan culture, I started here with the exodus. How better it was before 2007?