Couch Multiplayer and arcades

Anyone here still put in the effort to do some couch co op or play fightan/ beat em ups/ run n guns in person?

Have any stories? Any favorite games you like to play with friends?

ignore this but is there any way for Holla Forumsirgins to meet up and play in person, like a Round 1 or something? I'd love to play some 3rd Strike or KOF98 with you guys sometime as long as we can contain our autism

Other urls found in this thread:

spearmint.pw/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

You should first try to see if you can hang out online, there is nothing more awkward than going to a meet up where everyone is silent

a modded Wii is basically co-op heaven. to bad there's no Virtua Cop.

Kind of a faggy idea, but I always liked the idea of occupying a machine, issuing the challenge online and letting play speak for itself during meeting time

Agreed. I recently had a 3 player game of Knights of the Round. A great time when you teach your partners how to parry properly.

I went over to my friend's house and we took turns playing Blood Dragon.
I've never played a Far Cry game before. It was pretty casual, but perfectly serviceable for some free couch fun. We really started having fun when we realized that, for some reason, the main character can sprint faster than most of the cars infinitely.
Really lame weapon variety for a game with such a wild setting, though.

>40 minutes of figuring out how to play later we're actually having a good time because the game isn't totally piss easy and it's fun trying to one-up your bro with crazy stunts like dropping out of a hang glider, falling 500 feet and landing on some power ranger before ripping his cyberheart out

this

bump

Quake 3 Arena can be played split screen with the Spearmint engine: spearmint.pw/

unfortunately local multiplayer has been declining for a while now, and theres not too many PC games that support local multiplayer either.

Oy Vey. Local Multiplayer will die completely in your lifetime.

Euugh… And I hate playing online too. too many factors that can go wrong not even from your end, and the human connection is completely gone.

last bump and ill let this die

pretty sure you could play C&C, or maybe some other game?, only on one copy because the game's factions were technically split onto two discs.

… I need to hunt that down.

I guess I'll settle with the ISO for now.

Seeing people delude themselves about their skill level is sad.

i played this game with my friend who came by the other day.
its not as great as the famicom Contra but we had a blast just going right through the game even if we did use more credits than we should

go to Infinity FGC on discord and invite them for a fightcade play

Splitscreen Battlefront 2 and 007 Nightfire got me through highschool. Holy shit those were fun times. Actually just replayed some Nightfire with friends last weekend. For old times sake

YOU WARRIORS ARE GOOD. REEEEAL GOOD.

What the hell game is that? is that some kind of Mugen-afied live action animated Contra?

those were the good ol days
Monster Hunter was also a hit too
sorry for not couch gaming

I played Goof Troop with a friend a month ago on his Wii. had lots of fun.

Also played Project M Patt Edition with him and another friend last week. We laughed at the autism for hours

THAT WAS A LOVE TAP, SUCKA

Super Mario Bros 3 is amazing couch multi for the Vs mode alone.

Apparently a barcade is opening in my state, shit looks like fun.

Kinda disappointed that it won't have an SF machine, but I guess Primal Rage and Bloody Roar will do, shit was some fun time when I was a kid.

Huh, Bloody Roar huh? Cabs or a console put into a pseudo cab? One arcade i went to had the latter. Ghetto, but effective.