Abloo abloo games today are shit

Shut the fuck up nostalgiafags. People like to remember the good parts of a time period, but usually never the bad ones. Video games today are just the same in quality.

get with the times misogynerd

Many games today ARE pretty shit, but what are some old games most of Holla Forums agree were bad?

Spoken like someone who didn't actually live through 80s-2016. It's not nostalfagging if you go back and play the same games now and they hold up better than current ones.

Actually I have better access to 90s gaming today than I ever would have in the 90s. So fuck that.

The difference is we can still go and play them.

It's all about the sheer volume of games being made nowadays that discredits the arguments of nostalgiafags. Perhaps a much higher percentage of games made today are shit (especially AAA), but there are a fuck ton of games being made from smaller studios and indie studios so if you think that nothing good has come out in the past year or more then you are a casual faggot unwilling to step outside of the AAA comfort zone.

But then why did I gain a newfound appreciation for old games I thought were shitty to mediocre?

Name a single fucking game.

Well that would imply that the indie sphere isn't just pretentious artsy bullshit with "le retro" graphics to appeal the hipster audience.

One in a hundred you might find something worthwhile, but we are getting drowned in shit. Too many pretentious faggots both in AAA in indie trying to get a piece of this multimillionaire industry.

What game user?

no they arent

thats not to say the past was perfect but still at least games were finished

Bayonetta was the last good video game made.

Prove me wrong.

Protip: you can't.

Can't disagree with that

Tryian is fucking amazing.

I can!
MH3U\MHX\MH4U, EDF 2020, Style savvy fashion forward, Deception IV, Danganronpa, Dragon's dogma, Motor rock, Grim dawn, Monstrum, Carnage heart EXA, Way of the samurai 4 and so on.

Divinity: Original Sin was more recent.

Gee gramps,did you forgot to take your pills again? Well we all knew that grandma dying and those 'nam flashbacks were gonna hit you like a brick sooner or later.

Mario 3D World was a blast.

Are you bullshiting me?

Maybe? So far style savvy series was breddy gut.

Bayo 2?

Man that's some good cosplay

EA, Bioware, Ubisoft, Activision, Blizzard, Konami, Capcom, Sony, Nintendo, and so on would consistently put out quality titles. Now none of the big publishers put out quality titles. You're so full of shit. What are all these bad titles from the past? We've always had shovelware, but now even the big developers are putting out shovelware tier titles. Capcom used to be a respected studio, for fuck's sake. People once liked Electronic Arts. Just thinking about that should make it obvious that things have gone downhill. A handful of indies putting out a couple of good titles, especially when there's so many more shitty indies putting out terrible titles, doesn't somehow make up for that. This is obviously some kind of bait or trolling, but I know there's at least one idiot on here who thinks it's just nostalgia when people talk about how games used to be better or whatever.

Rose-tinted glasses aside, I can't help but feel the past few years have been overall disappointing with nothing standing out like Doom or even Bioshock did. While I'm glad we seem to be leaving the era of shitty, boring modern military shooters, I do agree that people seem to romanticize the shit out of the industry before 2007. I think mostly because the past 9 years have been without a game that redefined the era besides maybe Modern Warfare 1.

Holy fuck you're retarded. Go back and never return

shut the fuck off

Videogames were always shit
Kill yourself, I'm right

Calling it a strawman would imply it's a logical argument