Nintendo E3 2016

So is Nintendo really not going to do a Direct and only show Zelda and Pokemon?

I hope there will be a Space World 2016 or Nintendo is even deader than befor.

This is the first year that I've started to believe the "Nintendo going mobile" and "Nintendo going third party" bait.
It was a fun while it lasted lads.

Third party? no
mobile and PC? without a fucking doubt

you best start believin' in nintendoom

because you're in it

Imho they're just stalling for time untile they can show whatever the NX is.
or maybe they really believe that simply showing zelda u will make everyone hyped or something

There hasn't been a Spaceworld in 16 years, why would they suddenly do one now? Especially with Directs and shit?

Why can't things be like they used to

I thought it was just Zelda. Huh. Nintendo's E3 just got slightly better for me.
Not that it's much of an improvement.

you could've put

and it still would've worked

Because Nintendo has an ego the size of Cleveland?
Because they underestimated their competition?
Because they've always treated 3rd parties like shit?
Because of their illogical desire to be "different" at the expense of their customers?

Don't forget, they also have Tokyo Mirage Sessions! You know, the shit that was once going to be SMT x FE.

E3 coverage is such bullshit. All they do is show off the damn conferences, no one ever reports on what's happening on the presentation floors!

They are also showing MHGen and #FE.

I sure am glad they censored that for my delicate western sensibilities. I wasn't going to buy it, it looked like fanservice packed cringeworthy weebshit, but after seeing the westernized screenshots it just looks like cringeworthy weebshit. Thanks Treehouse!

this really has nothing to do with it. if the competition was actually good then Nintendo would've gone out of business decades ago.

It's censored fanservice cringeworthy weebshit.

Hopefully new Nintendo god/king/emperor Kimishima can fix shit. I don't want Nintendo to die, I want them to unfuck their shit. I want the "new" and "unique" of the NX to mean new and unique for Nintendo, as in no gimmicks, no weak hardware, just a more powerful, but developer accessible system, with a normal fucking controller that has video games. That would certainly be new and unique for them, and it wouldn't hurt for them to start sucking dick in order to get SNES levels of third party support back.

Make Nintendo Great Again™ …please….

Who cares? Modern video games are shit.

Nintendo died with Iwata. There are no good video games left over.

They don't call it Spaceworld anymore.

Please kill yourself.

Cleveland's not that big, fam

Lately they've been letting other companies like Namco, Koei Techmo, and Platinum work on their ips. Or are you trying to bring up the shit that worse companies like Ubisoft or EA tried to smear on them

What's the alternative? Being nothing more than an under-powered PC like the rest?

Sure, but unlike the rest, they could actually have exclusives because they internally develop more than one game a year.

It's too bad Nintendo doesn't get all the weebshit Sony gets. There's some, but there's always the risk that the Treehouse will get ahold of it before it's released here.

Honestly i'd rather watch gamescom if i want to watch a shitload of games in short bursts than the presentation floors.

pick one

sounds boring fam

If you didn't do a 180 after Nintendo E3 2015, you are already miles beyond the point of no return

wait a minute? you mean zelda pokemon and mario is not the only games Nintendo rehashes 1 million times every time a new console is out???!?!?!

DUDE

Sweet gameplay of Zelda Wii U.

It better be good.

Back in the NES times the certainly did, now days they've mellowed considerably on that front. Now they have a bigger problem of fucking over their first party stuff.

what they need to do is fuck off and stop creating consoles and develop video games only on all platforms.

Going mobile and PC is essentially the same as going third party. I guess they could open their own storefronts but I don't know enough about mobile royalty setups to understand how that would work.

If you aren't making your own hardware, you're third party, even if you aren't putting those games on other consoles.

Not to be the it's ok when Nintendo does it guy, but it's quite clear E3 is going the way of the dodo like it rightfully should. There is no added value in pre-rendered cutscenes and socially akward people trying to be funny brodudes.

Nintendo's mistake is not having a proper direct in it's place.

pretty sure they make more money getting royalties off of all the game put on their platform.

How isn't showing off a few upcoming games with maybe a few surprises not proper?

Too little too late right now.
But that's opinion

no one buys a nintendo console for the other games that are 100 x better on other consoles. they buy it for the Nintendo exclusives.

This is sort of the problem, though. The amount of people willing to buy a Nintendo console purely for Nintendo games keeps trending down apart from the Wii, which sold to a lot of people that didn't play games and had the benefit of a $600 Playstation to go up against.

It takes what should be a key selling point for the console – Nintendo first party – and turns it into a potential road block to purchasing it. If all you like is Mario and Zelda and don't really play Smash or Mario Kart or don't really care about Donkey Kong or Captain Toad, a Nintendo console is a real questionable purchase outside of the bargain bin after it's already flopped.

They're saving their big load for the NX reveal at TGS, probably.

Let's be real here, if Nintendo showed NX it would mean Wii U 2.0 right off, there is no way they could have come up with something good in so little time.
The fact they are not ready to show it at leasts somehow gives the benefit of doubt.

I just want to know what the fuck it is. People have been peddling the whole "handheld/console hybrid rumor", the patents for free form LCD tech (non-square displays) in controllers, the claims that AMD isn't supplying the chips this time around (which would possibly mean no Wii U backwards compatibility), the fact Nintendo said it isn't replacing the Wii U or 3DS (dubious).

So much up in the air that has me intrigued, at least.

never heard of third party exclusives?

Treehouse needs to fucking burn. The worst part about NoA is this delusion that Nintendo should be the Disney of video games so they self-sabotage any game that threatens that image.

Aren't they unveiling the NX at E3?

You've never once left this echochamber if you truly believe all of that.