Indie Game thread

Alright you fucking faggots, show me your obscure indishit, show me interesting games with interesting art or mechanics, show me games with potencial that cant be reach it peak due to its budget, show me me an interesting indishit, shill your game, dont matter, lots of untapped indishit by actual non SJW non clique devs out there, show me some you like or want to sell.

inb4 Undertale, Fez, Depression Quest, Her Story and FNAF as bait

Other urls found in this thread:

linustechtips.com/main/topic/211325-independent-games-festival-and-indiecade-are-involved-with-racketeering/
gloverzz.net/2013/01/ultimate-knight-windom-xp.html
youtube.com/watch?v=PSBeLx_H3rU
woofycakes.itch.io/blue-revolver-v05
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Forgot one

Antichamber is Extra Credits-tier

What the fuck does that even mean?
Those fucks made a video about it?

Does anyone remember an indie platformer game where you had to find the dialect of the land to ask a giant to "open" so he would let you pass or something alike?

I've been looking for that shit for a week now.

Here's Gunlord, something very similar to Turrican on the neo geo(it's a 2012 release)

Next up is Shadow Blade Reload and Dustforce DX, two very enjoyable speedrunning games. Dustforce in my opinion is god damned perfect besides some of the final levels that are just not that enjoyable(Yotta)

Next is Orks Must Die!, a third person shooter/tower defense hybrid with a lot of charm and a lot of fun backing it up. Play the first two, forget Unchained exists.

Finally there's Kung Fu Strike, a very nice and very difficult 3D beat em up. Here's a magnet link because devs are dead and there are some points in the game that will pretty much make you hate the whole thing(women. Just keep that in mind)

magnet:?xt=urn:btih:FA4A4C3FF87E85D60622776B0DAC76820ADFF3A3&dn=kung+fu+strike+the+warriors+rise+tinyiso&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Ftracker.publicbt.com%3A80%2Fannounce&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Fglotorrents.pw%3A6969%2Fannounce&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Ftracker.openbittorrent.com%3A80%2Fannounce&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Ftracker.opentrackr.org%3A1337%2Fannounce

Those fucks MADE that game

Google only gives me Oddworld

It was 2D pixel art, and that's all I can really remember. Thank you anyway user

Pleasuredromes Of Kubla Khan

Holy shit, thats Shmup devs level of autism, have the devs made anything else?

What the fuck are you talking about?

I want it

Hows LittleWitch Romabesque?

FTL is good ignoring the shit rng

Isn't that the game that was submitted to indiecade twice under different names and won both times?

Not that I know of.
If I recall correctly the devs are German

I know but mostly Shmups devs make games for older consoles, thats what I was getting at.

Reminds me of Crypt Worlds.

It screams extra credits. If it were food it'd be an organic gluten free home grown free range artisinal muffin.

I played a few hours and there wasn't much gameplay. It's a glorified VN. The characters are okay, the setting is pretty comfy and the art is nice aside from FOREHEADS. I don't know if I'd recommend it, but I didn't play much so I can't fairly review it either.

Lemme fix that for you:
Good game though, but whether you're going to win or lose is pretty much decided from boot up.

You're kidding right? Well, at least they actually had a game, unlike a certain fish…

The dev is friends with the creator of that game, so no wonder. Look up thecatamites, if you're interested. I love his stuff, even if they're not really good games.

I hope you like lolis, because the gameplay part of it is fucking infuriating.

ok

Guess Ill give it a try for the lolis

You fags ever gotten to this?

is that from aggydag

It is. It's not out yet though.

I still wanna fuck the imp.

Post progress.

Sure.

Thought the same.

Sage for doublepost.

>linustechtips.com/main/topic/211325-independent-games-festival-and-indiecade-are-involved-with-racketeering/

sage for not actually contribution video games

have fun with shitty dice mechanics never giving you what you need and multiple playthroughs for any chance at the routes other than the architect.

He usually advertises his game here, seen it a couple of times.

gloverzz.net/2013/01/ultimate-knight-windom-xp.html

Enjoy.

Is it the one where the camera is facing into the sun and you can't stand around in the sunlight for long?

Hegemony at its finest. Thanks for source.

Looks cool.

Check em

Well thats shitty, game was ok

I enjoy NuCom so it probably wont bother me to much, thanks for the heads up.

Mah nigger, was about to post that

I already have and am, thanks for the spoonfeed though

Yeah, Im sure an unnoticed game with 1K sales that you will pirate willhave a huge impact on vidya.

How was Ace of Seafood?
Saw some fanfare for a while but ut died down quickly.
Comiket soon

When he released the first demo of Antichamber, extra credits was barely starting as a series.

youtube.com/watch?v=PSBeLx_H3rU
I'm afraid it's shit.

No idea, I remember caves, the character taking notes of the dialect on a notepad and that there were tons of open space for more words.
It looked interesting.

rabi ribi is my goty so far. bullethell metroidvania with excellent bossfights. just play on hard/don't use healing items

The Banner Saga is pretty good, guys.

How lewd does that game get?

The guy has no heir, a bastard, cancer, and Death looming on him besides the fact that he plays Overwatch and liked NuDoom.

He might shit on the industry, but hes still a fucking pleb.

Ace of Seafood is okay. It's something I enjoyed for a while but just forgot about and ended up refunding. I'd say just try and play it and see whether or not you like it, it's not really something I can recommend for everyone.

Although if you do end up enjoying it try to check out Neo Aquarium too.

Blue Revolver, just a demo atm, but a pretty nice shooter. The music is great too!

woofycakes.itch.io/blue-revolver-v05

The fairy and the plant girl character graphics. That's about it.

The game is fun for a playthrough but the writing and character personality is practically non-existent compared to how varied their character design is.

Aye thanks

I've managed to collect a shitload of little indie things over the years. Here's some weird ones that I don't see people talking about:

Made by user, got a game key from him either here or back on halfchan. It's a top-down free-angle space shooter with some pretty ridiculous pacing. Think Crimsonland but nicer looking.

FPS game with procedural levels and shitloads of upgrades. You start off with basic boring shit and can end up with a near-unlimited amount of mid-air jumps, crazy weapon damage/fire-rate/everything, etc. Lots of stuff to unlock, different modes, etc. I really had a lot of fun with the 'random room effects' mode.

One of those almost-not-a-game story game things, but it was about a subject close to my heart so I cried babby tears at the end.

Third person physics platformer. You get a laser beam that will cut massive pieces of rock in half. Tech is pretty cool, and it's got a cute art style.

2d platform puzzler thing where half the point is to figure it all out yourself. It's pretty pretentious, but I enjoyed playing it.

Metal Slug-style 2d action platformer, but with ridiculous guns and less animation frames. It's a lot of fun in 2 player mode

Barebones FTL-like thing, but the combat system is based on giving movement and ship facing orders, then you watch 30 seconds of the ships fighting each other in real time. It's relaxing and cute, I just wish there was more

Probably the weirdest and most difficult puzzle game I've ever played. There's a shitload of puzzles and I never got far enough to see if they stop feeding you new mechanics every couple of levels

Elona+ custom
Someone should make a thread, I haven't read any discussion abuot it in a while.

Really nice, thanks

Elona seems kinda hard to get into, but those sprites convinced me

currently playing it. Thanks for the recommendation!

Tower of guns is pretty shit to be honest.

kek

This bad boy here.
I'm just waiting for the upcoming (and hopefully free) DLC.

We really need more Elona+

You are all faggots

hey hey mister, not all of us pirates shit we like.

It's Tempest with pretty lights, moaning women, and a bitching soundtrack. Unfortunately, Atari cockblocked the dev before the non-Vita versions could be released.

Essentially Outrun, except with deer, a station wagon, and music by Motohiro Kawashima, of Streets of Rage 3 fame. The devs released the alpha on PSMobile shortly before Sony axed the entire service, but according to a year old blog post, you can still buy it if you follow the link on your vita. They're still working on it.
The devs are also working on Gunsport, which is cyberpunk volleyball with guns. That isn't out yet either, so the jury is still out on whether or not it'll be good.

;__;

This gem.

Oh, that guy who always needs music and shit in agdg

Strike Vector's handling always looked like absolute trash to me, like an even worse version of Planetside 2's aircraft.

Looks comfy

have you tried it?

i fucking loved to play strike vector, started it up a few weeks ago to see if anyone was on. unfortunatly its 100% dead.

did you even play strike vector?

abd are you a member of the Spicy Spokes Serf Slayers?

and*

Nope, I just get on when my buddy Space invites me.

We still play from time to time

I wish you stopped writing like a goddamned redditor

you should probably stop posting now.

Hello

There

Mr

Reddit

How

Do

You

Do?

learn how to fucking format newfag

what a madmad. he just keeps going! did i trigger you poor 'oldfag'? :^)

What does atari even do now? Bastards.

That explains it

Alette a qt

Looks comfy as fuck.