Hold square and press left, right, left, down repeatedly

After playing Muramasa and Dragon's Crown, I tried to play Odin Sphere but couldn't really get into it because I found many aspects of it to be fairly clunky and unrefined.

This re-release, however, is fucking amazing and I'm loving every second of it.

So now I can't help but wonder:
Was Odin Shere rough around the edges – even for its time – or am I just a fucking casual?

Are the game's mechanics just fine the way they were and I'm looking for the wrong things in the wrong games?

Is leftrasir a re release, i thought it was a whole new game, fuck me.

I'm also curious about this. I rented the original forever ago and remember not really enjoying it. I'm a huge sucker for collector's editions so I wanted to investigate this one to see if maybe the game is better this time around.

Fucking slow as shit Amazon standard shipping.

i hate to say it because i was there too but you're just a fuckin casual

i got odin sphere when it released and couldn't stand it and honestly couldn't tell you why. i played it for about three hours then only picked it up again last year when i had a lot of spare time and nothing to do and it was incredible

My wording may have been confusing, it's a full whole-hog remake of the game that adds Muramasa-esque combat to the game and changes nearly every aspect of it (one site I read says that the skill system is vastly improved but I can't really make a comparison for obvious reasons)

BUT the game ALSO includes a re-release of the original Odin Sphere in its original state with absolutely nothing but the graphics updated, and it's labeled as "classic mode" on the title screen.

probably the best thing about owning a Vita is that you're basically guaranteed that the newly released game you want won't be sold out at gamestop because you're the only vita owner for ten square miles.

hello

odin sphere was pretty clunky but i felt like it was by design.

I meant to play Odin Sphere years ago, but never got around to it. I bought a Vita recently and played the demo. I thought it seemed pretty good, so maybe it's good that I waited, though I have no idea what they improved on. I'll play it eventually, but I want to play Dragon's Crown and Muramasa first.

I got fucked by newegg shipping. Anything else I've ordered ships fedex, this time they shipped it with is UPS/USPS co-op bullshit. I live a couple hours away from their warehouse, but now I'm stuck waiting until Saturday because it takes teamwork to fuck up shipping these days.

That sounds like a very smart method of releasing a remake.

Tfw no qt3.14 cracker to upload this so I can play it

I'm more concerned about the size of the shirt included in the storybook edition. I can't wear anything but a medium because of skeletal twinkness.

Is anybody playing it right now? Any performance issues? A friend told me there was an update, but it was just some minor text changes or something.

If its too large can't you just wash it until it shrinks?

Can't say for the Vita, but the Ps4 is running perfectly except on a few bosses.

It's an American L size. Sorry skelington.

That would destroy the design on the shirt.

Fucking finally.

i want 2 fugg a vulcan

You got what you paid for: garbage. Vanillaware has never made a good game.

shoo shoo NIS

XDDD REKT
EEp1kk +r011 |

The first one was very basic as far as combat went, you only had you normal combo and a special for everycharacter (by holding down the attack button) Gwendoling blocked, Oswall went berserk, Mercedes charged her shot… there where also some other bariations in how the characters attack but they wherent all that different from each othre (except for Mercedes who could fly and have a ranged weapon)
The new one looks like it has more depht in combat and item crafting
But the original i wouldn't have finished if not for the artwork and story

You could always lift.

Are "Attack" and "Guard" still on the same button?
I deleted Odin Sphere after one hour of playtime. No idea how it developed a fanbase.

That's kinda disappointing. I was hoping it would be perfect. How bad are we talking?

OSL has a skill tree that you can develop, and it's for all sorts of attack and support skills.
Vanilla OS has a linear progression for attack (and a couple support) skills that you learn in the same order at fixed level intervals.

By default in the Vita version, yes, but the controls are configurable so you can set it to holding one of the face buttons/L or R.

45 rather than 60 when large ammount of effects hit the screen at once, duration of the drops varies from 2 to 6 seconds.

No shit, Sherlock. And Princess Crown was even rougher. Still, in Odin Sphere it's the script that's amazing. So many feels of honor and duty.

Looking forward to emulate this and Muramasa Rebirth.

Keep rushing your opinions and you'll never feel lonely.

There's a non negligible probability that you will die or society collapses before this happen though, so start lifting, gearing up, build a bunker, learn coding in case of collapse.

so its the same story told again, but classic mode is classic gameplay, same story. and normal mode is new gameplay same story?

or should people that didnt play through the ps2 mode play classic first, then go back through and play the normal mode?

Oy faggot, don't pretend you can buy the remake and be an hardcore old timer. If you never played Odin Sphere yet, play the remake without feeling inadequate (you are anyway).

never said that. i asked if the "classic" mode was a different game from the normal mode.

or are they the same exact game but different gameplay.

Anyone else feel like the bosses and most of the enemies feel a bit easy? I'm playing on Hard and yet I'm having a pretty easy time with most things that aren't new minibosses or trial rooms. I think it's because the original stuff was designed around a stiffer combat system. This one gives you so many more options and a lot more mobility.

There is at least one difficulty above hard, maybe more, they're just not unlocked from the beginning.

When do you unlock it? This isn't really a game I could do multiple playthroughs of I don't think.

Both of these were true.

don't it'll burn off before you can feel it.

ha ha, nope.

Classic mode is only for hardcore fans of the original that want to get the feeling of the old game down again.

If you're already a casual you could just skip it and play the better version.

I suppose if you wanted to figure out how hard it was for us then you could try it but from what I played in the demo, Classic mode isn't as fun

so you mean "yes" this game is the same as the ps2 version but with updated gameplay and graphics? and classic mode is just for people who want the old gameplay with the updated graphics? but the rest of the game is basically the same?

It comes in large. I'm glad to know I have a parachute in reserve.

As somebody who hasn't played the original before, I'm blown away by the music and art style. It's fucking gorgeous. Story isn't half bad either. My main complaint so far after about two hours would have to be how easy it feels, but hopefully that gets fixed soon.