CRTs

Anyone here still own a Tube TV?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=pTwrXYvj5eU&feature=youtu.be&t=538
youtube.com/watch?v=2M36nQiwBQU
ikegami.com/br/products/hdtv/hdtv_monitor_frame1.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Not this meme again.

What do you mean? Did I do something wrong?

You've demonstrated that you are slightly too old for this web site and now the crystal in your hand will activate.

I do but i don't own any system except for a PS2 and a SNES, i ve been trying to get my PC to display on it but the options on my country are damn costly for the budget of a gamer with adead end job. Anyway i come up with a plan and i'll be enjoying the games on a CRT TV as opposed to my trusty PC CRT which has done a great job nonetheless

Anyway i find very sad about a trend i noticed since the last year about calling us hipsters for liking CRT displays, its fucking stupid. I lived with a CRT PC monitor and TV for 20 years and now i am suddenly a hipster for liking them and owning several?

And it didn't take long for those shitters to show up as you can see

Why would I? Not only shit hurts eyes but also makes picture blurry.

But tube TVs are fun user! FUN!

I've got around 5 stockpiled in my garage. I keep finding them thrown away on the sides of the road in the suburbs. They're FREE. You can't beat that price. You just can't.

Take notes faggots ,this is how a real man's battlestation looks.

and all your spiderbros can game with from under the wood.

i have 2, dont use either tough

Yes, i use it mostly for my SNES, MS, N64, PSX and NES as well as playing Retroarch abd NullDC on my moddwd 360. I mean, they are dirt cheap nowadays and LCD screens make retro games look horrible with the exception of handhelds like the PSP and DS/3DS.

Of course. I have 2 SD Trinitrons and one HD 4:3 Wega. Bayonetta is pretty good on SD through component.

I'm actually pretty surprised by how good the Wii's Retroarch looks through component. Playing CPS1/ CPS2 beat em ups with a Tatsunoko stick is true beauty.

How much did it cost you? I see that the 360 has some HD 4:3 res settings and an HD CRT sounds godly.

Cost absolutely nothing. Neighbor from 6 houses down was getting rid of their HD Trinitron and I luckily was able to scoop it up. Melee, DMC, Okami and other Gen 7 games look bretty gud on it.

Retro is a no-go on it though. I'm not sure what it is. I think there's some post rendering that happens that give 240P games some input lag. It's not the sort of input lag that occurs from LCDs, I've read it's something different.

Free Tube TVs brighten up my day.

I once ran across a tumblr that shared pictures of curbed or trashed CRTs. It was called "sadcrt". Look it up if you want to lose faith in your fellow man.

I've seen some shit.

That's a hospital monitor you fucking faggot.

It's a Sony BVM you fucking mongoloid. Your existence is God's Failure.

man i chucked out like 5 of em at the end of last year

FUCK

NO

This is from my Ez T730SH its a pc crt that can boost the color and brightness which allows me to use some fake scanlines without murdering the colors and brightness, also since it's a crt you don't get the terrible choppiness that scanlines get you on a LED display, took the pic a while ago but the monitor still doing great

i only get sad when i see good ones getting trashed or already rendered unusable

b8 is that you?

Good ol' Rockmeng looks nice here.

I actually wouldn't mind owning a wooden box + Tweed speaker looking CRT like back in the good ol days. Had good times on my dad's old set playing SMB3 and Castlevania on that old set.

where do you live that people still have old as fuck TVs to throw away? come on guys, it's 2016

we have a flat hdmi downstairs. The tube is in my man cave

I regret giving away mine, even though I'm happy 95% of the time with my current set.

Fuck your nostalgia faggotry.

There is nothing more depressing than the mentality implicit in hoarding heavy, space-taking vidya gear or purchasing shit like DVDs.

These people are so far into neetdom or home "ownership" that they cannot fathom ever moving from their festering shithole of a residence to seek opportunities or experience outside the home. These are the 35 year old virgins and suicidal family men who spend decades chained to one spot because of the invisible barriers they put up to protect themselves from novel experiences.

Horrifying shit.

nah man, i just like crts

Nope.

Should just have named videogames in general if you were going to play psychologist.
There is nothing more depressing in the mentality implicit on criticizing others for enjoying what you don't

Pardon the shit quality, but I'm busy playin some HD gaymez on my HDCRT over here~

Widescreen? Niiiice!

My CRT can do 2048x1536. Kill yourself.

Decent quality CRTs are great to have, especially PVMs

However, CRTs DO become a shitty meme when you have retarded underage b& showing off their parents department store TVs to try and fit in

that must be a really rare one. are you jhon carmack? i ve been eyeing one that can do 1600X1200 but i am not sure if it's worth it, most of what i find only goes up to 1200x960

I wish I was John Carmack. I'd be a much better programmer.

I still have one in my garage but it's been in there so long it's probably infested with spiders.

Relax, those spiders probably aren't as dangerous as the ones some user found in a second-hand Wii.

I thought it was a Wii U.

I'm the only one getting this reference. Aren't I?

Does anyone know how to fix a Trinitron? I checked inside and nothing seemed out of place or broken.

Damn, user. That reminds me of my childhood..

Good times…

Plug it in first.

Man, that room looks good.
You better have an actual fireplace, man.

I got rid of my CRT TV years ago. Donated it to the Goodwill. I like my current LCD TV.

Yes.

Just bought a 29" LG crt tv to play some retro vidya on…having a hard time fixing the geometry on the tv though, so side scrollers look distorted….3d games look great on it anyway…
Also have a pc crt monitor to play older pc games and emulated games with fake scanlines. Will probably soon buy a Component to VGA adapter to plug my wii and ps2 on to it as well, not sure how well it will handle 240p, but it should look great with 480p games,

well now youre in trouble too!

How hard is it for someone living in scandinavia to get one?

Nah, but I've never actually seen Logan's Run.

on the plus side, you'll get to score with a cutie rebel chick, hang out with peter ustinov, and see the real world.

I want this so badly.

youtube.com/watch?v=pTwrXYvj5eU&feature=youtu.be&t=538

Literally enjoy your literal eye cancer.

All I use for gaymin'. I refuse to buy a Jewish Smart TV just for HDMI compatibility with my PS3 and 360, playing on a CRT is just so damn comfy.

"Dumb" TVs are becoming increasingly rare anyway. Better snatch 'em up now if you don't want the Jews to automatically control your TV no matter what.

I'd put that TV on a table, looking down so close to the screen will fuck up your posture.

Grow the fuck up already, no one cares about your shitty elitist bullshit dated technology.

WHAT DIMENSION IS THIS?!

Someday, I'm going to buy my grandparents a new TV so I can swipe the TV I plugged my first console into when I opened it on Christmas morning. It has these green retrace lines that get my nostalgia going like nothing else.
In the meantime, I still have the same Trinitron that I've owned since day one, which suits me just fine. I'd love to get something like in the OP's pic though.

Nah. I regularly see them priced at $free at garage sales and thrift shops have piles of 'em. They may disappear in a few years though.

That looks too small IMO.

I want to live there.

They put lead in the glass to block that you dumb shit.

Old games are drawn-for and visually optimized for older displays.

Kinda like how gameboy and DS games look great on the blocky, low-res LCD screens of the original devices but look like shit on any modern display.

I wish I had a small one like that the one I have is really big so it's not even set up right now because my room is small as fuck

feels old man

You were probably born in '98 or later.

And that's why the PSP and 3DS are superior emulation machines for retro games than some stupid phone.

Your point is valid, but 3D DS games look way better emulated, actually.

lead causes cancer

Of course that something like Okamiden will look hetter at 2x/3x res but it still looks great on the OG hardware and screen size were the lowres is barely noticeable.

Yes. It's a pile of shit with a high frequency beep though.

Man raise the tv and get a couch, otherwise it's comfy as fuck, love the Clint Eastwood picture

Can't play Touhou without a CRT.

Guys is any of you into electronics? how hard is it to make a vga/rca adapter? of course only video will work but I don't mind

ye

it's not possible without a converter because it's analogue and they operate at different frequencies but the good news is that the converters are pretty cheap and also they have RGB output which is why I use one

I seriously hope you dont like worst girl.

I did for a while. Had an old Sony Trinitron.

But I got sick of the fuckton of space it took up and got rid of it as well as most of my systems and decided to just emulate.

I may collect again one day when I have more space.

I love this guy

Is there any online resources for display wizardry? Is there a way to extract and fuck around with CRT technology, preferably without getting turned into a crispy critter?

youtube.com/watch?v=2M36nQiwBQU

My uncle just got a new TV so he is giving me his 32-inch Wega. Is this a good CRT apparently it's got some fucked up colours or something so I'll have to look into fixing it.

Hmm… Have you tried degaussing it?

Wait, don't Wegas and Trinitrons degauss on their own?

I got most of my knowledge through osmosis in halfchan /vr/ crt threads.

One thing I've been meaning to do is order a tube from aliexpress and also a CRT chassis (which is basically all the electronic parts of a display plus the bits that plug in to the tube). The crispy critter chances are high but also the enjoyment from fucking around. It would be pretty cool to try and make them a product to sell to other fags especially if I could integrate a case and a high quality keyboard and make them like an 80s all-in-one computer that you can insert a rasp pi or some shit into

Dunno user I haven't gotten it yet. Hopefully it's just something simple like that. Gotta wait for my uncle to bring it over, not looking forward to moving it in though.

For reasons, eBay and Craigslist aren't options. Where in the fuck can you just find these monitors? Where are they all going?

I guess you could search dumpsters

How come you can't find? I fidt that hard to believe

literally back to china to poison children who boil them in vats to extract shit

Man, I've been searching for a year. All I've been finding are big-ass TVs that'll break my desk.

Thrift stores, bro.
Although, some of the have stopped taking in old TVs now. Craigslist is another option. Also, yard sales.

Why don't you get a normal CRT TV and jury rig it to accept your computer output.

As stated slightly below, I need this thing to sit on a desk. So a small TV would also work, but I've been having no luck finding something small enough.

Recycling? They're hazardous waste after all.

I found mine at a garage sale just recently. The guy gave it to me for free, and I've been very happy with it.
If you have any friends with computer backgrounds, there's a chance they might have something stowed away in the garage. It's worth asking around.

I would fuck that setup.

I love my mexifriends.

you should open it to check if they aren't just using your home to store cocaine

No, dude they're ranchers. No drugs.

Jeez, for a bunch of nerds, you faggots sure are dumb as fuck.

I really wanna get a PVM for retro gaming any tips on this Holla Forums?

Craigslist and medical supply recycling centers.

That looks painful

That chair looks absolutely miserable for extended gaming sessions. I'd rather just sit on the floor or kill myself than sit in that chair. Also, hooking anything from PS3s on up is terrible for gaming when hooked to a tube TV. Stop punishing yourself in an effort to be different. Buy a better TV and get a decent fucking chair, playing like this is the definition of being a hipster.

If this photo was set up as a joke, then I apologize.

What the hell is with these long ass TVs.

Is there a name for them?

I love playing DaS3 on my crt dork

American tvs

Here's an invitation for you if you like pic related.

I'm going to be very, very honest with you here.

I am a son of Satan, I don't hide it, I am a demon, and I want my brother demons in hell with me.

When dealing with holy people that send to his followers their holy spirit of goodness and nicety and these very holy nice loving people are child rapists and haters of human nature, we have a habit of recognizing the devil and saying Save me Satan since they claim this is their enemy.

I heard heating is very high on heaven, so I'm gonna go with hell because I have the feeling that hellfire is an allegory for extreme demon fucking.

And every part of scripture is always open to interpretation to these very holy and honest peoples.

You can join in, we will burn forever, monster energy forever too.

I don't even want to think about the number of wolf spiders living in that wood pile.

It's great for watching Japanese cartoons and movies on too.

the whole space is actually filled with shit, I guess because they need a lot of advanced features because they were created to use in TV studios. This one has fuckhuge capacitors in it

Incidentally on the extremely off chance someone knows how to check the running hours on an ikegami, I would like to know

My CTR I got for free from an elderly neighbour, works perfectly fine.

ikegami.com/br/products/hdtv/hdtv_monitor_frame1.html

when you see it

I wish I had an HD CRT, I'm autistic about input lag I can notice the difference on any monitor. I even bought an IPS as a secondary monitor and it was supposed to have a fast response time and low input lag, I immediately noticed the input lag and it was shit, good thing it was defective when changing inputs and I got a refund. I'm sure the colors on IPS are much better, but I have a 10bit TN monitor so the colors are supposed to be better. I'm waiting for OLED they're supposed to rival CRTs.

Most HDCRTs have digital scalers in them so latency is he same as it would normally be. Not too terrible though.

Buy one now before they go extinct. PVMs were made to run 24/7 for 30 years or so. With proper use, they should last the rest of your life. Got mine from my dentist.

You got a PROBLEM with wood?

My local thrift stores don't even carry them anymore. When I asked they said they just throw them away.

It's TN panels that are supposed to have good response times. IPS panels are supposed to look prettier.

I work pest control in New Jersey and I go to a lot of shithole areas. Its weird to see people unironically using 20" CRTs as their main living room tv. I saw one guy a couple months ago who had a ps2, with a third party ps1 controller and no games. It was literally his main dvd player, for bootleg dvds.

Sage for off topic blog.

Now I gotta wait for the person who made my Genesis scart cable to start selling Saturn scart cables.

I think I own a mono TV, although the power button somehow caved into the TV. I can still turn it on though.

I wanna molest that TV.
I've seen this posted before, but I still don't know what that shit on top of the TV is. Does anyone know?

You are really fucking stupid. Tell me how to increase the resolution of any 5 generation and below console. If you play any retro console on a hdtv it's going to look like ass no matter what you do, that's the whole reason people still use crts.

Shit's free, son. People like you keep throwing 'em out. So carry on.

Lol really?

You tell me then. What's the red thing on the right? Looks like a cable from a power supply is plugged into it, and there's something that might be a VGA port on the left. It's hard to tell. I'm not familiar with the device.

I came here to cop a feel on your stale ass meme.

Bought a CRT monitor a while back by "view sonic". A "multimedia series M70B".
Know nothing about it, but it seems pretty nice.
Has a broke fan or some shit, overheats like arse. Gotta keep one tabletop fan over the back end. Maybe it just needs to be opened up and blown out, or something, but I am too lazy to do something like that with something this big with hardly any access points.

Just throw it away mate, CRTs are free nowadays.

Found a Sony PVM a while ago.
My camera destroys the color depth, but the pixels are sharp enough to cut yourself on.

Yeah, if you can find one, you gook.

It was only 3 bucks anyway.

Why not just buy a euro scart to BNC connector like everyone else?

They're usually heavy as hell, that's why.

I know this is bait, but standard definition games weren't made with HD in mind.

You still need the Scart cable to go into the Scart to BNC converter in the first place.

Yeah, but you don't need someone to BUILD one. Pretty much any Euro scart cable should do.

A couple of days ago my roomate showed up with a new CRT. He doesnt get the whole thing but he knew I liked them so he grabbed it off his brother.
Its really nice to. Has nice color (my previous one had a small spot with minor discoloration) and its got a real nice shape to it. Screen is same size as my old one but takes up less space and is not nearly as heavy. Only thing my old one had that this one doesn't is the AV port was on the front, which was nicer (One I have now is on back)
It was really nice of him to think of me.

bump

I recently hooked up a CRT I had lying around with my laptop. This is rather odd but kinda comfy.

And a desktop pic because why not.

I have 12

use them for smash tournaments

Are you a ching chong or just a weaboo?

Weeb.

Good shit user, people that show up to locals with more than one setup are the real heroes.

CRT Monitor does seem comfy, but it seems like it would be awkward right next to an HD LCD one.

Is it wrong that I stacked an HDTV on TOP of my tube TV? It's completely flat & made to military specs, so it makes such a solid table.

I mean you can do what you want
Are they plugged into the same source? Because that just seems really wierd and awkward to me.
But nothing is wrong with just neat organization. I actually though about doing the same thing till my HDTV got much larger than my CRT. Now tHEy just sit right next to each other with my N64 sitting atop the crt.

got one of these for $30 on craigslist

Oh wow.
That looks comfy as fuck.
How big it it? Its kind of hard to tell
Whats it like in action?

Pretty small but good for playing snes on.

If I had the room, I would collect these themed kids TVs.

Another one that made me smile. I wonder if these things are actually worth anything?

Dude I remember you from cuckchan like in 2012.