Ridge Racer thread

Do you miss the series?
Do you also miss Reiko?

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.org/download/psx_redump_usa_20141221
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

R4 is the best arcade racer

oh shit nice

I was just thinking about picking one of these up for a bit, me and a buddy used to play 4 all the time.

which ones are good?

I didn't know I missed Reiko but now I do

RIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIDGE RACER

Go away Kaz Hirai.

How does drifting work in this game? Is it a more arcade style racer or realistic?

Not realistic.

Is Ridge Racer 64 shit? It's the one with the smallest download size so I figured I would try that one first.

Is it bad I only know Reiko from that shitty Pac-Man Fever game?

Best Ridge Racer for Portable is Ridge Racer 2 for PSP and Best Console one is Ridger Racer 7 or Ridge Racer Type 4.

So I tried to play Unbounded, but the handing just really sucks and the music is lacking the ridge racer charm

Yes, now kill yourself.

Kinda, but if you play some Ridge Racer Type 4 or Rage Racer for PS1 everything will be forgiven.

Best way to play PS1 Ridge Racers is epsxe or Retroarch and download the games off this site:

archive.org/download/psx_redump_usa_20141221

O-OK…

I did play a bit of the original on PS1

Now what has the best OST type 4, V, 6, or PSP?

May as well post this

these games have the best intros ever

I would say V is the best intro, expect best girl is not in the game or intro at all.

So I would say Type 4 or PSP

obligatory

Not entirely.

as intros go:
RR4 > RRPSP> RR6 >RR5 > RR3D >R: Racing Evolution> RRPSP2 >RR7 (the menu is better then the intro) >>>>>> dog shit >>>> RR64 > RR unbounded

Kinda takes me back. I kinda miss the more gritty days of the first two playstations. Back when magazines were the real way to get info.
I use to pop the original PS1 Ridge Racer into my CD player to enjoy the ost on the go.

IT'S RIIIIIDDDGGGEEEEE RACER!

left out the first one because it's so fucking old it gets a pass

yeah the old ps CDs used the same audio files for music disks you you could play them in cd players.

It's not shit, but I do prefer Type 4. Better audio, decent GP mode, but 64 is still alright.

For a non-RR racing game, Xtreme G and XG2 are also good. Give em a try if you're looking for more racing games and haven't played them already.

What a pile of shit. I still need to get 7, since I've heard it's pretty good.

Toss up between 4 and V. Tui Tui is a song that never let me go.

They knew.

Play Type 4. Seriously, if you have any interest in the series, play Type 4. It's great.

For fucks sake Kaz.

I thought the vita one killed the series.

Man I want a ridge racer with all the courses from PS ones, 7, Arcade, and 3D in one game and online play.

Stop it user, i want to forget that game ever happened.

At least it had a good soundtrack and the hornet car

Ridge Racer 3D is actually great and the 3d on the 3ds works great. I just wish it was running at 60 fps & more courses.

Agreed.
Though its still shit. I do hope that a new one will be made.
But by looking at how bad Ridge Racer Vita and Unbounded are, a reboot would be fine

I loved Extreme G as a kid. Was afraid to go back and play it again because it might be shit, since my standards weren't exactly high back then.

I don't know what to do to get my fix.

Become proficient.

R4 and RRV have the best mechanics solely due to the fact that you don't have to drive sideways.

But the simple mechanic of driving sideways is what I live for.

It still hurts though

Bumpin

Daily reminder that Reiko's face is a scan of a dude's head.
Still cute, though.

You're kidding……right?

R Race Evolution had a rival with rocking cleavage

It's alright, actually. There have been better games, but it still controls well and the combat still works.

That's not even Reiko's sister. That's an unrelated Kei Nagase. Reiko's sister was in AC2, several years before AC5.

Type-4 Reiko, yeah. She's pretty different looking in later titles once they actually got decent feminine facial features.