Torrents
pastebin.com/Uifyb1dt

Other
randomcountry.gbasood.net/

THREADLY REMINDER THAT /gsg/ EXISTS
ONLY YOU CAN MAKE JOHAN GREAT AGAIN

Other urls found in this thread:

simsulla.org/index.html#download
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/eu4-development-diary-9th-of-june-2016.944664/
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/ck2-development-diary-8-life-goes-on.939724/
mega.co.nz/#F!WZZFXDyT!yyb25ZuLdLs0B8vhoKS3LA
pastebin.com/cCdcev76
pastebin.com/ycs3f6UA
github.com/notalbanian/postapoc
pastebin.com/66gpxbKk
pastebin.com/sN1g69sr
pastebin.com/PRQH8vcV
dropbox.com/s/jso7qa1c4ystej7/MHD.rar
comfy.moe/grrney.7z
my.mixtape.moe/lqlxfm.hoi3
my.mixtape.moe/nyxvld.hoi3
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Dunno if I want to help. Might sit it out and let Italy dismantle them so they lose E-L cores and will remain my ally.

I actually got really lucky this game and had the NSDAP take over in the early 00s.

HoI4 looks easy as pisss. I've seen people take over the entire world as Italy in 1938
Is it just too casualized or balancing issues?

Both. Paradox is now dumbing their games down for a wider audience, but is also incompetent.

Could someone spoonfeed me what's the difference between HOI3 and HOI4? Because I sure cannot be arsed to wade through all the old /gsg/ thread just to find it.

Is there any game that's more autistic than this?

That game sounds like it has a lot of potential, but fucks it up by not letting you have any fun.

Is that obongo on the cover?

And Putin.

ayyyy rip /gsg/

I'm watching Arumba's LP of HoI4. Is this man literally retarded?

HoI4 is SHIT

It's RTS all over again, isn't it?

What did he do?

It is horrible. Paradox has always been known to make games that lack certain content and aren't very balanced. Victoria II didn't even have a proper US civil war implemented when the game came out. But I feel like back then they at least made more of an effort to include what they legitimately could with their old budget. Now they intentionally make DLC a cornerstone of their product.

No, just a parasite living off the "success" of Paradox.

btw, that army group represents the entirety of his mechanized forces

I cant understand why someone that plays history based games for a living doesnt knows who rommel was.

He literally knows nothing about WWII. I'm not even exaggerating, he know absolutely nothing and its infuriating to watch.

Does it really matter if you use Rommel or not in that game?
Is there a stats difference?
I've never played HOI

Well he starts out experienced and has bonuses for tank divisions under his command. Which is why Arumba had him leading a pure infantry army.

There's no waking up, is there

I wrote a bunch of differences in the old HoI thread, don't feel like writing all of them again. To summarize it, HoI4 is massively inaccurate, they got really lazy with portraits, AI is even worse, casualized, only 4 parties, and they overdid the "alternative" history part

I've seen people go fascist Russia for example. The government you want to go is decided by you at the start of the game, you choose an advisor or whatever they're called, which promote a certain ideology, and boom. Even before the first year ends, you're a Communist Germany, Fascist Turkey, Democratic Iran, Communist US now. If you know anything about the history and not part of the 2000s audience Paradox is targeting, you can easily see how this makes no fucking sense.

Pics for comparing HoI4, HoI3 and DH's political/diplomacy screen. If you have any question on them you can ask.

Ah, now i see why he's a moron.

While playing he said "I just won WWII" after conquering France, that was my favourite point

God dammit, i hate him so much, he fills youtube with his bordergore playthroughs filled with utter lack of roleplay wich is vital for GSG to not be map painters.

As far as war simulation/map painting goes, is anything better than Vicky II? I wanted to get into GSG, but

I want to get into grand strat, but it seems everything i try doesn't quite stick. I want there to be gameplay outside of simply declaring wars you'll win. In EU4 there is no fucking thing to do except manage stability and wait for your monarch points to creep up to a certain point every decade.

CK2 has become a DLC shitshow but I enjoy it thoroughly. Trying to put your dynasty on foreign, independent thrones and painting the dynasty mapmode with your family while maintaining relatively aesthetic borders is much more satisfying than running a giant kingdom/empire blob.

Charlemagne has ruined CK2, stick to 2.1.6

What's wrong with 'Blobs, the DLC'?
Is it the blobs?

How about fucking tribes that make everything east of zee empire unplayable?

Don't worry, they fixed that with Horse Lords by adding Nomads.

Can mods salvage hoi4?

THANK YOU BASED JOHAN

thank god you picked up on me being coy

2.4.5 is a love-hate relationship.

would you prefer CK2 over Vic2?

if i obtain CK2 with the DLC included, am I able to turn it on or off as I wish? Or does the charlemagne thing stay on if it's installed? You have an option to play a previous version? im not talking about pirating a previous version, im talking about getting an up to date version but deciding what parts of the game are active or not

you love it and it hates you.

NSDAP a shit.
DNVP a best.

I wouldn't be able to answer that. They serve different purposes and scratch different itches. I'd say Vic 2 is the better made game, but CK2 the more enjoyable for me personally because I love pre-modern history much more than modern.

The main problem with Charlemagne is its start date. I can't think of any overly terrible features that were also added to the game as part of the patch. You're probably best off getting 2.4.5 (because Conclave and its associated features are irredeemable trash) and getting the HIP mod for that version if you don't want to play with India.

I never figured out how to make money in that game other than spending 9000 hours making trade deals

You can "down"grade to 2.6.1 in the Beta screen.

Just pirate it

If this game had the same modding restrictions as other Paradox games, I would say no but they said they made the game very soft coded and very moddable. I guess the best way to find out is waiting for some mods. BICE and Kaiserreich are getting their HoI4 version I know that

Also the game has observer mode, I let the game run on it for a while, this is how it ended. Axis had lost, Allies and Comintern puppeted everywhere they conquered, didn't take any lands if I didn't miss anything.

Mussolini was doing better than Hitler, he was going crazy on Africa, nearly took everything but still lost. Hitler was literally a failure, couldn't do pretty much anything, Hirohito was a failure from the start, couldn't do anything in China and got kicked out of there pretty quick

Also it's historically inaccurate for even the European nations, Thorvald is still alive in 1946 for example

War Games General?

Yeah

So close to being perfect.

How is that different than /gsg/ especially if you want to talk HoI? It includes Total War games?

I don't want to talk about HoI, I want to talk about actual wargames. But wgg is mostly dead, as in threads and games. HoI3 was close to the wargames and HoI4 got casualized to hell, I was saying there's no hope for autistic military games

Also TW is not a wargame

What counts as a war game for you though?

Wargame series, Grigsby's games, Men of War, Close Combat, etc

Any word of that Migration Period tribalnigger game the dev shilled one day?

I want to pretend to be Romans n sheet while worshipping dem trees.

I'd post in a /WGG/, if dominions threads can get 20+ interested anons here then you could possibly get one going after a little while.

I tried the combat mission: battle for Normandy demo and man did I feel lost. I think graviteam tactics is probably the most autistic operational level WW2 game I can play. Speaking of that, is GT: Minus front worth the money? I mean I will wait for a discount but I'm interested.

Haven't tried Grigsby's games because of no active torrents but war in the West or the Pacific theater one would be the interesting to me.

Oh and Scourge of war Waterloo is really nifty with the added benefit of being able to mod (Kriegspiel mod is great) and play LAN multiplayer via hamachi or something on pirate copies.

Is HoI3 the best one? If so, how exactly does the politics system work like?

No
Darkest Hour is the best
3 suffers from railroading, simplified political system, and requiring the expansions to be good

From what I've seen whilst I dabbled a lot of stuff that is needed is already implemented but not used and it's far more comfortable to mod with the nudge! tool.
My main worry is the ai and performance/lack of multithreading.

Is GT: Minus front worth the money?
Compared to Operation Star or in general?
I never played OPSTAR but I heard that it's quite the improvement.
Can't you scourge the highseas for it?

In general?
No.
The combat part is closer to wargames but aside from that it's lacking in most aspects.

Dominions threads get that many anons? I haven't seen a Dominions thread in a long time and even gsg is kinda dead now

I haven't tried it yet but I'll as soon as I have the time. A few real life problems started recently, which I hope I'll solve in a week, I'll try it after that. I can spare a little time to play video games now and that's not really enough for a serious game, instead I meme in HoI4 instead. I still check here from time to time though, if you have anything to ask me you can, I'll see answer it in a few hours

I just tried war in the east torrent in TPB and it's okay, I can leave it to seeding if you want though my upload rate is shit. And I know I have War in the Pacific lying in some flash disk here, if you can't find it I can upload it. I'm not sure if was it Admiral Edition or the regular game though. I couldn't find west either, I'll probably end up buying it. Those games actually deserve their money anyway

HoI3 is pretty much combat focused and everything else is non existent. Also DH has Kaiserreich mod which is a must play for pretty much anyone. Those games are small, I'd say just pirate them and try them yourself

Also if I didn't miss anything, this system doesn't exist in HoI4. It's just that, as I said before, you appoint an advisor, they change your government and depending on your government you join factions.

Yep. Just about the only "Improvements" on HoI3 are the Production/stockpiling being separate from recruitment and the Battle plans (Which I'm second-guessing because my tanks keep trying to hold position for no apparent reason, so I have to manually move them anyways, which is a nightmare without the counter-system and chain of command of HoI3) How could they fuck up this badly? All we wanted was those two features implemented into HoI3. I'm not even going to talk about the puke-inducing Air-war. Holy fuck is that a travesty.

Just look at this clusterfuck. How am I supposed to understand what's happening if I can't tell what my units are even doing? This is BTW the first time in the game I've been caught off guard. The Soviets declared war on me as my main force is still off dealing with France. Main reason it took me so long to even go to war with the Allies is because Poland tried to form it's own faction, who I then took complete control after my war with them. Yugoslavia was my next target and I only invaded them in late '41. In the meantime I tried to be buddy-buddy with everyone, turning USA, Denmark, Norway and Turkey into Fascists, and I was working on the Netherlands because I needed the Rubber but they ended up joining the Allies anyways.

For the fucking life of me, I cannot organize an invasion of Venezuela as the US. I draw up a naval invasion plan, but it tells me then that there are no divisions assigned to the plan, and also that some divisions assigned to the plan have not reached the start position yet.

I've got fleets patrolling all the sea lanes the invasion will take, but the army never leaves the port - indeed, unless I specifically gather them at the port manually, they don't even assemble AT the staging port.

What the fuck am I doing wrong?

How many are you using and do you have the more advanced landing crafts?

With the basic landing crafts you can only invade with 10 divisions at a time. And instead of trying the invasion with only 10 of your selected, the game abandons it entirely because you went over the limit. If you have 11 divisions selected none will go.

Well, there's the problem. Was attempting it with 36. Will re-draft the plans with 10.

Why is DH the best one?

On a side note, what exactly are the strengths of these games? I remember vanilla EU IV as being sort of like a map painting sim for the most part.

Join the Germans, they said. They're good fighters, they claimed!
Couldn't let them have their cheese and chocolate, could you? Fucking Germans, declaring war on half the world at once. "Oh, look, my troops are stuck in Belgium. Time to invade Denmark, that'll help :^^^^)"
Fucking krauts, I swear the next thing those smug cunts do is attack the Soviets or some other dumb shit. Should've wiped my ass with their 'pact of steel' when I had the chance, now I'm stuck teaching those idiots how to wage war.

-personal journal of Benito Mussolini, 22. April 1940

That makes me so moist

I just played eu3 for the first time, is there any extended timeline mods that exist for the game?

Hitler, I… What the fuck did you do to France? I mean I'm glad for the land and all, but… Damn.

There's plenty more to come. All of Africa will soon be rightful Italian clay

What's the point of fighting for africa user? Literally nothing there matters besides the Suez.

Maybe he could conscript every dindu to enrich some allied nation?

HoI4 has no impassable provinces (retarded, I know) so if I leave literally any port there unguarded or in the hands of the enemy, I'll face an African D-Day and get my shit fucked. Also, for some reason, South Africa has a shitload of troops that it keeps sending everywhere around the world, and it's pissing me off.

Africa had finally been tamed by brave Roman troopers, its soil fertilised by the bodies of dead Brits, Frogs, Yankees, and niggers. Now to deal with the ongoing D-Day in Spain and to fix the shitty mess hitler cooked. Again. Randomly declaring war on all of Scandinavia and Yugoslavia without warning is NOT a viable tactic!

If Japan is still at war with China, couldn't you intervene when you have free time and take essentially all the land for doing the most work?
That seems like a good candidate for future liberation if it's possible.

This game looks like such a fucking joke.

Massive balancing/casualisation issues

does the way you layout the units in the division designer make any difference?

does the size of air wings make a difference? if i have 200 fighters in one air wing doing air superiority is that the same exact thing as having two air wings at 100 each?

is there any reason not to fill out each division provided you can afford to produce the equipment for them?

Japan is still at war with China and getting absolutely demolished. Every game. It starts out foing okay, but then the stupidly short tech tree catches up and makes chinese troops a match for japanese, and then Soviets start sending stacks upon stacks of "volunteers" (aka elite troopers blessed by Stalin himself) and Japans runs home crying.

As for free time… I don't know if I can salvage Europe, let alone far east

(also, 'most work' is fucking retarded. Your participation score is from bombing (I don't do that since Air Warfare is fucking attrocious), occupation (I occupied all of Africa and got very, very little of that score, so who knows what that means) and casualties. As in, your casualties. Since I'm not a retard, my casualties are low, around 300k. Germans have 1.12 million, despite doing fuck all the entire game other than declaring senseless wars. As such, they get 71% participation while I get 21%.)

it is. But I'm finding it pretty difficult, since your "allies" apparently hate you and are willing to do anything to see you fall. When I played as Germany, Italy managed to lose 2 million (!!!) manpower during the FIRST year of war. I have no idea how that's even possible. As Italy, Germany leaves itself open to naval invasions constantly, and KEEPS DECLARING FUCKING WARS! Japan is utterly useless and only serves to get you in war with the USA

I don't think the layout matters, but I might be wrong. In any case, the only "tactic" I needed to massacre the enemy is putting making sure the combat width is always 20 (as I've noticed that in battles, the combat width is always a multiple of 20).
Now, UPDATE:
Krauts decided that randomly declaring war on Scandinavia (Finland included) and Yugoslavia wasn't enough, so they declared war on Bulgaria (despit them being fucking fascist sympathetic to our cause) and on Turkey. I' 90% sure that they only declared on Turkey to piss ol' Benito off, as all it'll do is tie yet more troopers away from the naval invasions (there are more and more of them) AND open another possible front once Germany decides to attacks the Soviets (it's only a matter of time, I'm sure). I already managed to kill Yugoslavia and Bulgaria (Bulgarian AI was the most retarded one yet - I literally walked in between its units, straight to the capital and other vicory points, and they just stood and stared at me, not even attempting to stop me. They even left all the victory point provinces empty).

Also, USA declared war, but that hardly matters, since they've been sending elite kill commandos of 'volunteers' against me the entire game. At this point, I must've killed more americans than frenchmen.

I have no idea what to do – I manage to scrape by and even conquer, but the shit in Spain is proving very hard to fix, and if Germany ever decides to declare on Soviets, it's all over. I also have no fucking idea how I'm supposed to get past Royal navy and invade England. Unlike HoI3, you can't just sneak your troops innto Scotland. You need to have a naval supremacy in the area before you're able to invade, and Brits were doing nothing but researching and bulding ships all game (other than pissing me off in Spain and Africa, of course)

Also, Johan again failed to fix bordergore, as you can see in the image. There actually is a system made to deal with that, but it's bugged as hell and only works sometimes

That said this game is awful. The turks are offering much more resistance than the French ever did.

I loved HOI3 and have been considering getting HOI4, but most of the comments I've seen on Holla Forums say it sucks and is shit compared to 3. Why's that?

Let me guess, Japan doesn't really do anything useful, but the USA is charging them with everything they have so they remain open from the other side or something?

They streamlined HOI even further and turned it into eu4.

A few reasons:

1. its a newly released paradox title and so it is chock full of bugs and balance issues.

2. Newer Paradox titles have been simplified for the lowest common denominator, and coupled with talent leaving Paradox means newer games are rarely better than older ones.

Holy shit, I don't even give two fucks about WWII and I'm mad.
What the actual shit.

Yeah, I regret not going alone now. The game is basically unwinnable thanks to AI's fuckery.

I don't think even DLCs can fix this shitfest. It's just flawed in so many ways.

How about you read the thread?

Japan just sits there the entire game, getting slowly raped by china. The USA attacks, only it doesn't attack them (ignores them, really) and sends its stacks into Europe, along with every fucking allied soldier on the entire planet. Also, USA did fuck all all game save for researching and upgrading their army, so their soldiers are going to be much better than yours (not that much time to upgrade the gun of every peon when you're in the middle of a war and need to send troops into the meatgrinder)

Even eu4 is much better than this

How does Japan help then?

He said Japan was utterly useless.

It doesn't. All it ever does is get itself killed, I can only guess why.

Although, wait, they did send like three units to Somalia to stand there and do nothing once or twice for some reason

Oh, you are right. I read
as
or something of the sort.

Alright, I'll avoid it.

Is Darkest Hour any good? Worth playing over HOI3? Any good mods for it?

To be honest not really a fan of blobbing into France in Vicky 2 since you pretty much gotta kill the whole thing to look good.

In Vickymod you can force them to release Occitania so you can annex less land and just conquer all of non Occitanian France for aesthetic borders, but that doesn't work in HPM.

DNVP was too christcuckish. NSDAP is love, NSDAP is life.

China takes all of Japan's mainland by the end of 1941. That's how useless it is. It tends to start out strong, maybe even get the coast, but by 1940 it gets pushed back and then its all over. Japan then maybe sometimes tries to go into indochina only to get murdered by Brits, and other than that, its only contribution is bringing siam into Axis, so that Siam can get immediately murdered by Brits too. If you play Germany, befriending china instead may be a better idea

Darkest Hour is still the best Hearts of Iron. The best mod is Kaiserriech. Other good mods are NWO2 and WiF2

Do you have the specifics of who went and where they went to? I ask because I want to know if there's any talent left in that company. So far the only good game that's come from them recently is that city builder that I played for about 4 hours before getting bored of it.

In every one of my games the Japs have been successful, which makes me wonder if my game is bugged because all I've heard on Holla Forums is that Japan loses against China.

Overall I'm disappointed, but that's mostly due to AI incompetence, I'm sure it'd be an ok game if you had people to play it with.

The main things I like about HoI4 over HoI3 is the production process and the battle-plans. Everything else from the navy to the airforce to the cluttered interface to the abysmal AI is shit.

There goes my weekend. Thanks user.

wew

The modding community for DH is still going strong. There's a few other good ones, e.g. the Fatherland mod which is alt-history where Germany wins the war and there's a Cold War between them and the US

Strange. In all my games they got utterly destroyed

How the fuck are you even meant to invade the USA as Japan, even my largest ships can't get in range of their fucking continent.

Also, rate my China.

Is that all the range Hawaii gives you? If so that's fucking awful.

No. The ships he has selected are based in Kanto, pay attention to the details anons.

BTW I've just decided to quit this game permanently. It lasted about 3 days, glad I didn't buy it. How they fucked up the airwarfare this badly is simply breathtaking. Why they decided to make the airwar a simple act of sheer numbers is beyond me, nor why they made it so fucking finicky - it's actually less intuitive than in HoI3, and airplanes were a huge pain in the ass in that game too, but at least they could be where you needed them when you needed them.

The Soviets declared war on me and immediately bombed the shit out of Tyrol. Yes, they were able to bypass my entire front lines and make it all the way to Austria from Ukraine in 1941.

My destroyers are handicapping that with their 2000km range, only my Yamatos and super carriers can make it to America and it took me 20 minutes of dicking around to find the ships with a 3000km range to support the regions leading up to the coast.

The basing doesn't actually matter for range.
Also yeah, the fact that planes can bypass your front line of fighters is retarded.

Are you sure? Hold control and base them somewhere else see if that makes a difference. I only say this because when I was playing as the Germans and took over France my ships were given much better range from Bordeaux and I was able to engage in a battle for the Atlantic with my new surface fleet, which when based in Germany did not have the range for mid-Atlantic operations.

If it makes a difference why would those ships even be in range of Hawaii? Those destroyers have a 2000km range and are almost 10000km from Japan.

I rate your China 10/10 Paradox AIs since Paradox AIs cannot into Indochina.

Is there a way to find fleets? I seem to have lost an entire fleet somewhere and can't find where I put it.

Thank you user.

god damn it guys. how have it?

So the Fallout mod's ambitious as hell and well polished, but I'll be damned if it's not boring in the beginning. It makes sense since the world's been destroyed, but the first decade or so is just spent staring at the screen waiting for stuff to happen.

Maybe you're right, it just occured to me My ships were probably in range because I captured Bordeaux, not because I stationed them there. Oh well, one more thing to hate the game for I guess…

On the top-right of the screen is a complete Army, Navy and Airforce list arranged in three buttons, just under the date. Extremely useful for sorting shit out.

I just torrented it from kat.cr

New name for HOI4

Autistic Map AI Simulator 2016

By the end of 1945 the game is raw autism.

Oh thank god, I've been looking for that for a while.

Seems the fleet just got destroyed somewhere and I didn't get a pop up. That fucking sucks, it had all my mid tier cruisers and early carriers in it.

thanks user. ive recently started to learn hoi3 but keep getting but raped, on easy with the burgers so i want to learn a little with this new one and after having a dust of knowledge jumping on the old one

The thing I've always hated about newer Paradox games is how bad the AI gets in the late game. Even in good games like VC2, if you play until the end date or extend the end date the AI gets incredibly stupid very quickly. Even playing with an extended mod for VC2, I was asspounding the AI all over the world by around 1945. It's like the AI stops functioning after a certain date because of how heavily scripted it is.

Is it just me or is Paradox's AIs getting more retarded each game release?

I think it's not so much that the AI is getting worse as their games are getting a little more complicated under the hood and their AI never really got better.

They've been using the same engine since EU3. Do you really think they're going to put any effort into the AI?

What mod is that? I want to fuck around all the way into the 21st century.

You'll probably want ultimate, there's two though and one of them is shitty as fuck, or you can get NWO and play that instead.

Out of the many many unrealistic things Paradox did, making Italians good fighters is probably the egregious. :^)

NWO is pretty fun, but it’s still pozzed.

I've tried Ultimate, and I like it, but it's fucking broken. I had to edit the event, provinces, and pop files for several hours just to make the game handle the Americas correctly.

Link for NWO?

Any nations that are challenging but not ridiculously so in CKII? The game was a gift from someone i know

Here you go

simsulla.org/index.html#download

Pretty much all I got for now.

Thanks

Throughout my ~1000 hours of CK2, the hardest game I played by far was starting as a Bengali king in the Old Gods start date.
It was so fucking boring that I can't imagine anyone surviving 200 years before killing themselves.

Ottomans in the 1337 start date are pretty fun and moderately challenging though. Finishing off the Byzantines is pretty straightforward and you get a lot of action going on in the first 20+ years finishing off the Orthodox duchies in Greece and consolidating power over the small Muslim powers in Anatolia. Once you take a sizable amount of Greece though, a Crusade WILL be called and if the HRE joins you're in for one hell of a ride. I highly recommend marrying all of your daughters to Golden Horde (some to the Ilkhanate as well but Golden Horde can get their troops to the battlefield much faster) men as you'll be looking at fending off against 2-3 Crusades. In addition to the wrath of Christendom, you'll also square off against the bulk of the Timurid forces unless the Ilkhanate somehow beats them back. If you survive these mid-early challenges you can make Europe your bitch.

The moment you go of course of HOI4, stuff stops making sense all together. Even the save file for my Russian Empire play through was still SOV_year_date.

HOI4 will probably replace HOI3 for me, but I'll keep playing Darkest Hour.

THE FIRE RISES

Fallout's Doomsday for Darkest Hour

Who should I kill first Holla Forums? Brotherhood of Steel or Canadian Raiders?

Is it even a question?

REMOVE SYRUP

Aye, thanks. Had to switch to my laptop to get here.

Goddamn, even if I knew nothing about the game's mechanics and thought they were just HoI 3 vanilla all over again; the game just looks cheap. I understand them making the overlay like that, but how'd they make the map look cheap?

It's only now that I'm noticing HOI4's interface and UI look like they were made for a mobile platform.

This is after knowing for months that the Allies have landed in Italy and wondering why he was losing factory output.

That's right. He completely ignored the entirety of the European theater to focus on conquering fucking Yugoslavia and Romania.

Arumba?

It looks like it's targeted to children or very old people.

This is the target audience.

And this is why I dropped Arumba's LP 3 videos into the series.
quill18's Japan is more enjoyable than this shit.

CA you play as BoS?

Watching him lose thousands upon thousands of men over Libyan attrition in PEACETIME as Italy was cringeworthy.

Yeah, but even so he still has a better grasp on the game than Arumba.

The biggest problem I have with HoI4 gameplay wise right after the horrendous AI is that it's not ergonomic at all.
They added all those shiny buttons and big icons but I actually have more trouble navigating than in HoI3.
For example I don't have quick access to my navy and Air Force the same way I can quickly access my Armies.
There's a lot of little things I've noted in just one game that should've been improved by Q&A and ebin streamers feedback that are instead left for the goyim to mod itself and that for no reason except for laziness and making time to code DLCs.
I guess DDRJake was too busy begging for money pls donate to my Patreon to actually do his job.

Shiny buttons and pretty pictures are all Paradox has left. Competing with their own games on mere gameplay becomes increasingly hard as time passes because of the expansions, DLC and years of mods.

Just that one thing show they haven't even played their game.
I'm glad I didn't buy it.
4/gsg/ managed to become even worse (how the fuck do they do it ?)

What? I don't think there can be anything worse than designated shitposting general.

Imagine Vic2's ebingrossgermanium posters now having easy access to Hearts Of Iron.
They can form their dream country by just drawing two arrows and then post dank memes all day on 4chan and 9gag.
Just imagine it.

Care to explain just how pozzed HoI is now?

Oh, I see. HoI4 draws in new casuals, opening the advanced incessant shitposting to more people.

why the fuck is soviet union getting random bits of territory

this is fucking stupid

im not allied with them or anything how the fuck are they even moving troops in my land?

I'd rather post horrible blobs than play that game.

Do you have that old Korea World Tour?

To be honest I'm more horrified by the Tibet and Austrian blobs.

Thanks.

Even though I like EU3, the border core is horrible even without player involvement.

Alright lads, I'm about to try Distant Worlds for the first time ever.

Just pointing out he gets paid to play this shit. Its his full time job. He's been trained by Paradox even to play this game.

Yeah.

Just don't get bored because you left everything for the AI to do.

I recommend playing a short game on easy difficulty and restarting immediatly with harder settings after you figure out how to deal with the initial pirate friends.

Well I might not even play it now, the performance is atrocious

on a rig that can run witcher 3 on high-max

At least it doesn't get as bad as CK2 starting in 768, it gets really bad after a bit because of rebellions.

Huh, I can't remember having issues, but I haven't played DW for a long time.

Pushing the start date back in time has been a horrible DLC selling gimmick in CK2. The mechanics aren't that adequate even for the initial time period, not to mention a completely different era. And how often do people play a game all the way through especially now that the performance has been raped to India?

A quick google search shows that some people have performance issues.

And some people buy a shitty CPU because they think a good GPU is enough for everything.

Not that I'm implying anything about you.

Battleplans.

Honestly, it seems that most of the gsg jewtubers are utter cancer.
Best chance you have is to not watch people with more than 1000 subs

my current playthroughs ridiculous. I'll upload info later, but wow what a crazy history. HOI4 is great if the AI doesn't totally shit itself.

Got a fantastic CPU, it's just that the game is shittily optimized :/

Marbozir is probably fine, but I haven't really watched him in a long time. There is really no reason not to just pirate the game and test is yourself.

Play with human players and you'll learn HOI3. Be insistent and you'll learn HOI3.

HOI4 won't make you better at HOI3, quite the opposite.

It's intentional, but I'm not sure what it'S trying to simulate. Pic related

So, /gsg/, got any tips for someone who's about to try Darkest Hour for the first time?

The mechanics seem to be simulating "world revolution" while the description is about Stalinist totalitarianism.

Seems like an oversight to me.

You can't stop the Bolshevik revolution.

The game is the most straightforward of the Hearts of Iron games. Look at the terrain map, avoid stacking penalties, keep building some IC at all times. Play as Germany to get a handle on land and air warfare. When you invade the Soviet Union make sure you encircle some of their troops because otherwise you'll never make it to Moscow. And always cede Slovakia to Hungary, it looks better.

Well, these guys seem to know what they're doing. Try giving them a shot.

I had an idea, started as China and turned Communist. and now two Chinas exist who are both ruled by Mao

The game is so bad it's funny

I also kinda like the focus tree, but it's feels too shallow, if it was modded or expanded with DLCs it could be great, it does have the potential

That's because the game is balanced on multiplayer…the single player IA is utter shit for that

It uploaded the same pic twice for some reason

This is what happens when a "sandbox" and a railroad collide.

A duchy in india. Bonus point if you are Jain

I discovered that some events, such as finnish winter war or the annexation of the balkans as the Soviet Union only happen after you start justifying war against them.

As a WW2 autist, I understand if people don't know who Omar Bradley, Guys Simonds, Erich von Manstein, Isoroku Yamamoto, Louis Mountbatten or even Georgy Zhukov are, that's fine.

But if you don't know who fucking Erwin Rommel is, the fact that they're playing a WW2 game, as Germany no less, confuses and enrages me.

Well, Bulgaria was referred to as "the 16th republic" for a reason, user.

Just think it as him pretending to be retard for more views.

anyone have a DL link for HOI4? I want to see exactly how bad it is without having to shill out forty dollars.

There are torrents up on kat.cr, friendo.

I'm a dumbass, thanks fam

Sorry, I'm retarded. I was writing about the Baltic states, but also about Bessarabia, since both tied to this, and I fucked up

How are the air and sea warfare parts of HOI4?

They were always here. But back then HoI3 was too difficult for them.
/gsg/ has been shit nonstop ever since Parajew's marketing team began to hype EU4 up.
Swedes really do ruin everything.

abysmal

Shit. The UI is attrocious for these parts so ordering your fleets and airwings is utter pain, and there's no real incentive to control the wavaes or the air anyway. The planes seem to only bomb shit at random (you can't select a single province, only an area of literally half of Poland) and don't seem to provide that much of an advantage. The only reason to ever use ships is for naval invasions - you can't send troops to attack enemy coast unless you achieve naval supremacy in that area of the sea, effectivelly meaning that invading England is an even bigger pain in the ass than you'd expect.

From what I can tell, it was busy being dead. This thread gets much more traffic than that entire board

4/gsg/ gets a lot of traffic, filling out at least 2 threads a day.

He probably means the general on 4/vg/ which indeed was always shit

t. former /twg/babby

I assumed you were talking about /gsg/ here on 8ch

Have you ever been in a position where you wanted to try, say, Dwarf Fortress because of all the awesome stories you heard coming out of it but were scared away by the clunky interface? That is basically the case with most of the grand strategy games.

reminds me of life of brian.

I never understood why we drove out total war. Hell, we used to have civilization in the old generals. What changed?

I overcame DF's clunky interface because it's actually not that hard to grasp if you just have the wiki opened and read the quick start page before you begin.
I also managed to get ok at HoI3 simply by playing enough.

It's a casual repellent that has a lot of depth since the mechanics may look clunky but they're here for a reason.
HoI4's mechanics are sometimes meaningless and the interface even though it's as bright as a kid's toy is actually worse to navigate than HoI3's (just try to manage your air force)

You're doing it wrong user.

Autism and Johan's viral marketing division being half the posters.

I came a while after the divide but I guess it was either elitism or autism over the exact definition of gsg.

This. IMO it's one of those games that have some sort of meme about them that insiders use to circlejerk and outsiders use to look knowledgeable on games.

DF isn't as complicated as it's memed to be, it just has a bunch of mostly logical menus and sometimes inconsistent command keys.

HOI4 is really fucking shit.

Yup. It's probably the worst vanilla Paradox release yet.

There used to be some total war posters even after /vg/ was created but by then shitposting was in full swing and they were all driven out. I imagine /twg/ might have been better. In any case, at least we don't have to deal with getting spammed and raided by Turkslayer and co.

The thing is that it's very austere but at the same time very intelligently crafted so that everything is placed logically.
After a short while you can find things instinctively and even then the wiki is very user-friendly and part of the recommended experience by the creators themselves.

Not to mention that it's the only game doing "early access" right : the game is free because it's not finished for the creators, they only run on donation (when they started they didn't even have enough not to lose money with the website) and not even through kiketreon.
I'll gladly buy the game when it's out in a few years because those two bros deserve it.

/twg/ is 75% "rolling" and 25% roll charts.
I think the worst thing with /gsg/ is ebin "totally not shill" shitposters posting their steam receipts of HoI IV.
Reminds me of our darkest hours here on Holla Forums a Bethesda game comes out. (I really thought the board was gonna burn down before FO4 came out.) It's funny because it's the same shilling pattern with Todd Howard being replaced by Jewahn.

Oh fuck we'll never see the end of "Look at my Lebensraum xD" and "BALKAN STRONK REMOVE KEBAB" now.

Yeah, you can play as a lot of factions actually. Brotherhood (East and West), Enclave, NCR, Caesar's Legion, and more.

Do you really want the Warhammer people and the anti-CA people in GSG?

somebody actually shills HoI4 here? How? the only people who care about it are GSG autists, and all they have to do is see the civ-tier tech tree (I'm being unfair here. Civ has a lot better tech tree than HoI4 does) to know shit's fucked

Not particularly. I wouldn't mind having the few people remaining who play Shogun, Rome, and Medieval 2, however.

He's talking about cuckchan gsg I think

V2 grossgermaniums are best grossgermaniums.

No colonization/imperialism in this one, by the way, just contiguous land blobbing.

Fuck’s sake.

I really really really fucking wish you could take PARTIAL “states” at the end of wars to have prettier borders.

The "GERMANY" becoming a retarded twist over the over the Artic Circle is pretty triggering.

/twg/ was alright until Rome2 and ironically until they drove the last tripfag out.

Agree on all points. If I'd give any dev these days my money, it'd be toady- Just hoping he'll make it another 20 years at least on his diet of soda

There are some games that are more fun to watch than to play for me.
Also I've lost almost all interest in games because the whole industry became so shit over the last 10 years so now I barely play myself and prefer just watch someone instead.

Yeah, although I'm of the opinion that using console commands to give a province you already own, to another country, is a legitimate action. Since you gain nothing from it, have already acquired the state normally, and are only getting prettier borders by doing so.

So if you just want one or two provinces from a state you could war for Acquire State and then console the other provinces back to them after.

No good for multiplayer but sometimes nice in singleplayer.

Happened after I took Karelia from the Soviets (they became the Russian Empire again somehow.

Does multiplayer work with HOI4 and the steam emulator?
Someone should write step-by-step guide to playing all the recent paradox games online with pirated copies to discourage people from supporting paradox' cancerous practices.

So i have begun as Raimbaud de Afranji, Count of Aintab and got really lucky and not only survived but manged to go conquer some land (Duchies of Cilicia, Edessa. Antioch and Tripoli) after going independent since the ai was super dumb for the liege i started with and there were Byzantine revolts and the Seljuk were fighting the fatimids.

Any ideas what do now?

Yes but only with other pirate fags. Only reason I'm playing Hoi 4 is because I had a couple of friends that wanted to play it.

Become a kike and jew your way to Greater Israel.

any good mods for hoi4 yet

So are you guys as faggy as 4/gsg/ and have a fit over even the mention of Stellaris? Also, how big a steaming pile is HoI4 really?

There's less Casual Kings in these threads, which is nice, and to be expected I guess given we have less Reddit crossover than half/gsg/.

They're god-damned yellow skinned heathens, why would you expect them to make good borders?

I'd say it's more a question of whether or not Stellaris is a GSG or a 4x, cuckchan's /gsg/ is always cancerous.

As for how bad HoI4 is? It's a mixed bag with a lot of terrible additions and some good ideas. Pirate or wait till Johan's special DLC fixes it.

Stellaris is bad and if you pretend otherwise you're probably going to get shit for having a dumb opinion, but discussion of it isn't silenced by any means.

I don't even mind the steppe blobbing as much as the constant settling as feudal one after another that makes god awful enclaves and exclaves everywhere.

if i have x of one plane, stop producing it for a new model of the same type, and put the old one i dont produce anymore into an air wing, will it reinforce with the new one when i lose planes?

i dont think stellaris is bad its just very empty and there isnt much content so it just needs more content

dlc will fix it my fellow consumer :^)

That would constitute a present state of bad. I think it has potential but it's a long ways away, if existent.

It is, I want to like it, it has some good ideas, but nothing is executed well, still it's fine for some mindless timekilling once modded and tweaked.

Also you niggers better not forget the HoI3 MP tomorrow (Saturday). If everyone shows up we can slog through another couple months of nail biting trench action.

You and me both. Despite my hatred for Paradox, I approached it with an open mind given that it's a new IP. I really did try to like it but after ~200 years of game time it becomes brutally obvious how incomplete it is.

Yeah, if Stellaris ever becomes good it'll pretty much all be due to modders, I expect nothing but shit from Paradox and their DLC and patches.

There isn't really any reason to talk about Stellaris so we don't. There were a few threads when it came out separate of the gsg threads, though those seem to have died down.

You could torrent hoi 4 if you wanted to see for you for yourself how thoroughly there it is. They pushed the alt-history angle but didn't really flesh it (or anything else really) out. It feels somehow lifeless, and despite the casualization overly clunky in a way that darkest hour and HoI 3 did not because things in the previous games even if they seemed obtuse existed for a reason and felt natural once you sat down and took a look at them.

Yes, the whole new production system is the one thing that comes to mind that I really do like about HoI 4.

Every day do I wish for some other developer to make GSGs. I should probably just stick to actual sims and wargames but there is something appealing in the gsg niche.

God damn this peace is ugly as fuck.

It's a new "feature".

If you're at war with someone, then anybody who's also at war with that someone but not with you can move troops through your territory.

For example, British Raj troops attacking Germany need only march/take the train through the Soviet Union to get to the frontlines.

Everybody complains about it but Paradox doesn't seem to want to remove that "feature" based on what they've been writing on the forums and it's apparently not moddable.

Paradox is truly shit now. Two disappointments in a row, but at least Stellaris looks like it has long-term promise. HoI IV is just…fucked. I'm going to have to buy Matrix Games stuff because nobody torrents this shit.

I was indeed talking about 4/gsg/ which is just /r/paradoxplaza with a 4chan skin at this point.

I went to half/gsg/ to find out you was full of shit or not and I found pic related a few post down, fucking cancer. Then there's people in that thread unironically defending hoi4.

When the hell did this happened? I haven't been there in two years but holy shit I didn't remember it being this bad.

Welcome to what happens when Hotpockets are in charge.

Cuckchan is just anonymous reddit with tripcodes at this point.

When does that start by the way? My sleep schedule is a little fucked but I would like to try joining if there is any room. I'd even play Aussies if I had to.

Also I had no clue how to work HoI 3 multiplayer because when I tried with my friends years ago it was non functional, so I never bothered to find the correct way to work it.

I never went on /vg/ but damn am I glad that I moved off of cuckchan. Can't say I'm surprised.

Absolutely disgusting, fusillade yourself

I'm not full of shit. I'm actually very happy that 8/gsg/ is getting a revival since a few months ago since browsing 4/gsg/ was only pain and suffering.
The only reason to go there anymore is to steal the OP with the HPM pastebin.
When Johan understood that ironic shilling was still shilling, EU4 was the final nail in the coffin but CK2 started it all. Reminder that the slippery slope is real.
I'm not too worried about our thread though since we can easily filter the shitposters. IDs would've saved 4/gsg/

I'm curious. How do they defend HoI4? Like, what are their arguments? It's utter shit no matter how oyu look at it

Their arguments is that it's fun and they like memes.
Paradoxplaza's argument is "but it's a sandbox game bro !".
Somehow it excuses everything.

The day has come, our great Queen has liberated the noble Austrian people from the oppressive reign of the Frankish Emperor with the help of the Dutch and the Toscans and established our Kingdom as a major player by allying with France!
What do now?

Remove kebab.

The crusades haven't began yet and I don't have any land near kebab to declare holy war on.

remove rosbif

HoI4 has the worst AI I've ever seen in a gsg.

I played as Ireland and managed to get 10 divisions up to veteran rank after declaring war on Britain for muh northern Ireland. Before talking Belfast, the AI would launch coastal assault after coastal assault on Dublin and keep losing, then trying again. It wasn't even that heavy assaults, never once did I ever see the little arrow become red.

After I took Belfast, they started doing it there instead. I ended up just giving up, because I waited so long I ended up getting every national focus and even started nuclear weapons development.

Even BlackICE is better than this shit. It's barely a game as much as it is a DLC base, just like Stellaris.

We start at 20:00 UTC, which is almost 5 hours from now.

Yeah, good luck getting any sort of peace before utterly annihilating the enemy.

"We're losing to Germany big time, losing men in hundreds of thousands every week… Soviet union asks us to cede the Greek islands to it, sir, what do we do?"
"What's the situation in Greece, soldier?"
"Experts estimate it'll fall to german forces in less than two hours."
"Then we shall fight! Tell the soviets that if they want the islands, they should come and get them! ALLIES STAND STRONG! WE CAN TAKE ON FASCISTS AND COMMIES NO PROBLEM!"

By the way the OP is too old, some mods aren't even up to date. Here's the one you need

How fares your empire, /gsg/?

This day in history, June 11th:
1184 BC – Trojan War: Troy is sacked and burned, according to calculations by Eratosthenes.
173 – Marcomannic Wars: The Roman army in Moravia is encircled by the Quadi, who have broken the peace treaty (171). In a violent thunderstorm emperor Marcus Aurelius defeats and subdues them in the so-called "miracle of the rain".
786 – A Hasanid Alid uprising in Mecca is crushed by the Abbasids at the Battle of Fakhkh. Idris ibn Abdallah flees to the Maghreb, where he later founds the Idrisid dynasty.
1937 – Great Purge: The Soviet Union under Joseph Stalin executes eight army leaders.

EU4 DD09/06
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/eu4-development-diary-9th-of-june-2016.944664/

CK2 DD 8 - Life goes on
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/ck2-development-diary-8-life-goes-on.939724/

# Archive
mega.co.nz/#F!WZZFXDyT!yyb25ZuLdLs0B8vhoKS3LA

# Mods
pastebin.com/cCdcev76

pastebin.com/ycs3f6UA

github.com/notalbanian/postapoc

pastebin.com/66gpxbKk

pastebin.com/sN1g69sr

pastebin.com/PRQH8vcV

dropbox.com/s/jso7qa1c4ystej7/MHD.rar

So I guess this is what people think about HoI4 when they haven't played the older games.

Fucking normalfags

Havent played Stellaris yet, but I want to know this:

Is possible to edit the game to start an empire with many planets you want, and in the location you want?

I want to know, if this game is possible to make Star wars, Star Trek or Dune mods in the future.

MP game starts in 3.5 hours.

Looks like satire.

I don't think it's possible right now, but modding capabilities have been expanded in other games like CK2 after release with (paid) patches.

More strictly defined galaxy generation seems plausible in the future, because the galaxy structure and solar system definition is pretty robust.

They bragged a lot about moddability of Stellaris, so I'm pretty sure it will be possible to make custom galaxies and what not

HoI 3 ? I'll probably join, do we add each other on steam or something ?

Do yourself a favor and stop using this. We communicate through the thread.

Also make sure to have the WW1 mod installed. Here's a link: comfy.moe/grrney.7z

Base game is GSKH, mod is VCIX.

It's at 20:00 UTC, which is a few hours from now. There's definitely room for you as Italy, if you'd like to hop on board.
Multiplayer in HoI3 is pretty straightforward. As long as you're running the steam version or a pirated version you should have the same checksum. The only one that's different is GoG's for whatever reason. At 20:00 UTC the host will post the IP address, a link to the save file, and the file name. You put the save file in the WW1 mod save folder and rename it to the name he posts, that way the game recognizes that you have the exact save the host is running and no savegame transfer needs to occur (it has trouble transferring itself, that's why we do this manually).

If you don't already have it, you need the v1.0 WW1 mod since that's what we're playing.

Did they update it recently ?

What are the available interesting nations ?

Italy, the US (potentially reserved for our Russian player who is on the brink of collapse), Japan, China, Spain if you're in the mood to be useless, Belgium.
Italy is probably the best choice if the US is going to be taken by the current Russian player. After Italy I'd say either Japan or Belgium.

There's also Bulgaria if the aussie doesn't show up

The CP are pretty stacked for their available player pool. Him going Bulgaria would put CP at 5 and Entente at 3

Yeah the AI with railroading is goddamn abysmal.

I am playing as Italy, I formed faction Roman Empire and invited Romania, Yugoslavia, and Greece. And I started war on Turkey which capitulated quite quickly, but which also dragged me into war with the Allies.

And what does Germany do. Germany declares war against in 1942 Yugoslavia for no reason whatsoever, which then drags pretty much everyone in Imperium romanum into that clusterfuck of a war.

Atleast Soviet Union and France had capitulated this time around. Last time Germany was fighting war on two fronts and then declared war against Yugoslavia.

This game is just so ungodly stupid with it's compromise between sandbox and railroading that I don't honestly understand how they thought this was a good idea.

We've been using the same version for months. I don't know of any upgrades.

Russia will likely fall in this round, and the player will likely take USA. The Entente can also use an Italy. On the CP side, you can play Greece, Bulgaria, or Romania.

It's not compromise if you get both at the same time. In fact, you should be grateful you get twice the game in one go.

Like in Stellaris you get atleast twice the Sol System compared to our Milky Way if you want.

Fair enough. Player-controlled Italy should shake things up a bit

The quality of the modding for Paradox games has declined rapidly in my opinion. Most of what you can find on the workshop is visual stuff.

Where are my hyper-spergy 100% accurate star system mechanics??

Making a proper mod takes time and nobody is going bother making anything big until Paradox actually finishes adding the bare minimum game mechanics.

Fucking STOP

4x3, because he would only do so if Bulgaria doesn't appear. I'm not against him going Italy though, should spice the game a bit.

Ottoman Empire here. Need the save, yadda- yadda.

my.mixtape.moe/lqlxfm.hoi3
mp_German_Empire1916_10_01_08.hoi3

Where is everyone? Can you not join?

Game freezes the moment I try to join.

Russia here, for me it's just freezes for a while and then says game not found

Shut up nigger, it takes 20 minutes for this 2d coloring game to even load

I'm having the same problem as Russia

It's working now. Get in here, everyone.

Are you sure that is the right ip address?

I suggest GOG, Firefox, uBlock, and Duckduckgo.

It's working, we are missing only Italy(if he joins us) and UK.

Post some screenshots when you're done, faggots.

Isn't DDG also unsecure?

UK, where are you? We are waiting.

It can't be as bad as Google. It doesn't have as many features related to tracking. Of course, if you really want privacy, you should use a proxy.

Get in here Shitaly

Spaghetti, you have 5 minutes.

It's not I just changed the area size and the provinces belonging to it

oh, that makes sense.

How the fuck do I use the modding tools ? All it do is to create a mod folder with a .mod file

Did the game just freeze when germany captured russia?

He's gotta upload the new save

Start the game with -debug and use the nudge button in the main menu

Everytime something major happens the game freezes.

thx

Yes, it took a while to understand what happened.

Do I have to quit the game, and download a save file again in order to continue?

Yes.

Man, Persia is made of concentrated bullshit.

Yes.

btw i did not click "save" when the game ended, i just clicked "ai" and left

Russia fell, rehosting.

my.mixtape.moe/nyxvld.hoi3
mp_German_Empire1916_11_14_02.hoi3

This is the second time you've been shafted by northern Persia and it's still hilarious.

Persia is out to get you

Blomma’s maps are fucking awesome.

Brazil, you coming?

Time for the USA to join CP and become great again.

yes, it just takes a long time to load this map painting game. i do not have this game installed on SSD like you guys do

So where’s the original video so that I can actually fucking see what the fuck is going on. This video is like 16x9, and I’m not talking about the ratio.

Try running it from a ramdisk, it runs like a miracle.

Does anyone have a link for HoI4's new patch and DLCs ?

Yes, but just delete it already.

That's actually a good idea.
HoI4 won't be worth playing for at least a couple years until the good mods are out and the game is actually halfway finished.
Thx brah.

The forums are some sort of sjw toltalrian hellhole though. Probobly because the Toad actually thinks that the mainly left-wing forum goers are the people that donate and play the game. And as such has to obey the demands of the clique "leaders" on the forums. Or he has some shitty community manager figure that does all the moderation while he makes the fuckin game and awnsers questions every month or so.

Everything fell except Suez, London and Rome.

Italy stronk

That was one heck of a game.

Hulk Hogan, my neutrality did not drop down to 0 when joining the allies

This was probably the most fun I've had in a multiplayer game. Good job everyone

It was fun playing with you guys.

So, what's next?

- Hoi3 TFH?
- RandomHoi?
- Another WW1 game?
- Something else?

Should we play random now?

What are we going to do for the next session? HoI3 vanilla?

What a war. Many a frog was lost trying to defend the Belgians who had all their troops protecting Italy's border since Italy's troops were all in Sicily and Naples.

Too bad you guys didn't get a player Italy. You could have used it.

If i ever have the choice between being on the side with few very strong powers, or many less strong powers, I know which side I'm picking. I mean holy hell you should have seen the shit the AI did.

Player Italy would have balanced it a lot, but all the German and Austrian troops freed by the fall of Russia meant that it probably wouldn't have mattered

Well we got that one random game already set up with three of us. There's a lot of room for a lot more.

Also Saturdays are going to be unavailable to me from now on since I got a job that'll require me to work just about every Saturday. However I have every Sunday off. If Saturday is still preferred by the majority then I'll either have to sit out of whatever the next main campaign is or play some really minor power that can have a person drop in and out.

Yeah Entente secured a lot of AI nations to the point I thought we might win by sheer number, but the AI in this mod is much worse than vanilla AI. It ended up screwing us over quite tremendously.

Upload the file so others can join the randomgame.

Who else want to play something *now*?

I'm not the host of the random game.

welcome to real-life macroeconomics, enjoy your stay

the idea of making factions is cool if well implemented, one of the only things I wanted to see in hoi3 other than decent AI midtier management
at least mods will fix it up eventually

The Entente was forced to rely on the AI which turned out to be very bad for them. When Italy joined the CP, the AI was just as useless.

I was under the impression that USA joining the war would have balanced it out.

We'll have to play on Sunday in that case. Does that work for everyone? Also, should it be 19 UTC or 20 UTC?
Thankfully, TFH depends less on the AI.

Not many at all. UK was always on the skinnier side for troops and manpower for that matter. After Konigsberg and the Palestinian Debacle before that the fate of UK's infantry presence was pretty much sealed. Konigsberg was a brave effort, but ultimately decided the war at that point.
That's all I started with and all I could make. Because my NU dipped below 60 just days before I could enact the better economic law, I was on full-civilian economy until the war started. Between consumer goods (well over half of my IC demand) and upgrades, I couldnt make a single thing. Not IC, not troops, nothing. I had to use what I started with, and that was a shit load of garrisons and militia. Consequently this meant I had to research their 4 weapon techs which could have been used for much more fruitful pursuits like airplane techs. I wasn't even able to construct airplanes until nearly the end of the war, and I was never able to even reach tanks.
Between zero production and tying up some precious tech slots, France was not in a good position in 1914.

>made a guide for it and the original version of the fucking OP image to boot

This entire HoI4 thing has made me so utterly disgusted that I started up another game of RandomHoI3 out of spite.

thanks user, this mod looks pretty sweet

Can we agree to use this version of the pic from now on?

If someone actually knows the font we can also add "It doesn't have a sequel."

It's Georgia font, user.
It looks nice and is very readable on a Kobo reader.

How about this?

Looks good to me

I want play as fascist USA in Darkest Hour. How do I do it?

I think if you let your dissent get high enough the government can be overthrown. I'm not sure if you'll get Fascists though. There's Kaiserreich but that's alt-history

If that's the case, why is EU4 in that picture? EU3 is the last in the Europa series.

Is this mod still a bloated mess or is it actually fun now?

Forgive me for being a retard, but what mod?

New World Order I think

As much of a casualized piece of shit that EU4 is, it isn't nearly as gross an insult to its predecessors or its genre as HoI4 is. I think EU4 is bad enough to get nonstop flak and for EU3 to be recommended to newcomers to the genre over EU4, but not bad enough to be completely disinherited like HoI4 deserves.

How come the UK didn't just put some troops alongside Russian ones?
That's no good. It seemed that you were able to hold me back pretty well at the start. Later on, I felt like my troops started to get better in comparison to yours and had an easier time winning battles.

I'm not sure about the dichotomy, but I see what you mean.

I think a lot of this has to do with my army composition being heavily dependent on militia and to a lesser extent garrisons. Their techs initially had bonuses to defense and soft attack that weren't too far off from inf bonuses. As tech progressed that gap widened considerably to the point where you could slice through my lines with ease. Doubly so when they became grossly disorganized upon the advance through the Netherlands.

I repeated the strategy that was used during WW2 and it worked.

I'm thinking about what the next game is going to be like. We have 6 active players, which is enough to fill every major in TFH besides France. We may have a 7th player which can fill a minor. Vanilla is not as railroaded as the mod. How are we going to deal with alternative and gamey strategies? For example, Japan can take out China quickly, ignore the USA, and attack the SU. The USA can abandon neutrality and join the war early, thus giving it a mild economic advantage. How are we going to keep the game balanced?

I don't think there's much we can do apart from spy restrictions. Anything else is kind of a no fun allowed straight jacket to potentially achieve what we think might be a balanced situation. It'd be better to let the game play out and if there's some gamey strategy that ends the war in a landslide victory by 1942 for whatever side, we'll know to be aware of that for any potential future games.

It's still a bloated mess but I'm having fun on my first playthrough.

Wish there was an option to deport the Poles from eastern Germany though.

Eh, it was okay.
Better than playing HoI3 without mods but not by much at all.
The fucking military access "feature" is fucked though, completely retarded.

Just kill yourself Johan.
Even vanilla HoI3 at release was more fun than this abomination.

Are there any good genocide mods for CK2?
Recently I feel like playing as a North African ruler and removing all the blacks from Africa to praise the Moon God

Eh, vanilla hoi3 is fucking boring compared to DH.

HoI3 with expansions and HPP=DH > Vanilla HoI3 > a day on 4/gsg/ > HoI4 > Sweden

dropped

It doesn't start out as the EU, you can become the EU and then go through a sphereing and absorbing process with the other countries. I started as Germany, reclaimed Kleindeutschland borders, and then formed EU.

I'd try a playthrough staying as Germany and seeing how strong I could get that way, but NWO uses a shitty economy (from PDM I think, so internal management isn't very fun.

That's fair enough. I could have fun dismantling and destroying EU as my home country of ireland
Does New World Order factor in huge populations and chug along like other modern day mods?

Sort of. Developed nations get periodic times of huge population decline. Also lots of nigs flowing in from Africa but once you get Data Cohesion you can transition into a dictatorship and ban further immigration.

China's industrial score seems hard to beat due to sheer population. I'm sure it could be doable if one cared to micromanage their economy, but NWO's economy is unwieldy and shit and unfun.

Dismantling the EU as Ireland would likely be difficult to impossible seeing as there's no colonialism/imperialism opportunities, but neat thing to try out I guess.

just filling out my nationalist dreams that'll never happen
maybe I'll do Brexit
The main thing I'm worried about is the sheer population calculations slowing down my PC

Johan please stop.

Sweden is just Somalia with less niggers, it's objectively better user.

At least Somalia isn't ruining everything for everyone.

The thing about Brexit, or for that matter Irish exit, is that the game starts before the EU begins, so if you don't want to be in the EU, you can just refrain from taking the EU ambitions decisions and EU will never get any sort of claims or core on you and you'll stay entirely apart from it.

If you do become an EU candidate and change your mind later there's a Euroscepticism decision that can undo it.

I didn't notice any gameplay slowdown.

Blame libshits for that, right wing swedes are perfectly nice people.

Ok good. I play on a medium end PC so I need to make sure I don't get halfway through the game and everything slows down because China has hit 1 billion people

hey /gsg/, i'm playing DH and there's something that has been bothering me.

when i look at brigades for ships, and compare fire control VS floatplanes, there is an odd difference.
apparently, floatplanes drastically (even more than fire control in some cases) increases the maximum firing distance of ships.
now, what i want to know is, is this distance the maximum range the ship can attack with its longest ranged weaponry, IE, if the ship has 22 range and the floatplanes increase it to 25, will only the floatplanes attack at range 24, or will the full ships firepower be applied? in other words, do the presence of planes increase the firing range of the main guns?
also, can torpedo brigades be used at max range, or are they only for ships that happen to get close to your capitals if you give your capitals torpedoes?
it seems kind of silly if you can add a floatplane and then launch torpedoes at 25+ range from a battleship and actually hit.

also, i noticed of a well balanced fleet of equal modern battleships and heavy cruisers/below fucking lose to a full stack of tier 2-3 battleships. what is up with that? did the commanding admiral just fuck up and get bad positioning? supposedly your battleships would just use superior speed and range to kill them while screens accompany them to make sure their shit doesnt get too close, wouldnt they?

moreover, would it not be wise to produce brigades seperately in peacetime to get the gearing bonus resulting in less IC used over time?

im not posting any interesting pics because i launched fall gelb early and apparently france gets russia level frozen in january resulting in an embarrassing stalemate.
to be fair its my first game as germany, last was nippon which i put on hold after germany decided to give russia half its shit back after i had beaten them back so badly i almost (3 provinces away) met with germany in the middle in addition to capturing mad IC, circumventing the need to capture the suez canal. i subsequently ran out of oil because of that as well. thanks hitler. also turned china into a puppet state and all i got for losing all that IC was a bunch of forced trade agreement depleting my stockpiles in return for 5 fucking militia divisions now and then. oh, and they also annexed the east indies for themselves because i happened to use their troops to capture the capital. rip in piss both oil and rare materials stockpiles.

From what I have seen brigades simply increase ship stats and don't work seperately, the manual dosn't say anything different either.

What do you mean with full stack and well balanced fleet?

Compared to doing what?

by balanced fleet i mean something along the lines of
-multiple (8-12) battleships, about half or more of which high tier, rest are what japan starts with, inter-war. (1935+, some 1937+ and even 39/40 for the modern ones)
-heavy cruisers, about 50% or more of subcapitals consist of these, since it's a battle fleet.
-numerous also modern for the time light cruisers
-5 to 6 destroyer groups all of which were likely the most modern in the world at that time (~1938-40)
-possibly a few battlecruisers as well (kongo class)

full fleet of 30 ships

vs

30 british very low tier battleships tier 2-3, just above dreadnought if some of them weren't. (very first time i played i went for the great war scenario thinking i'd be able to build a stronger fleet by '42 without realizing how the AI cant really deal with the inter-war period, not to mention i believe central powers somehow won or got a very good peace treaty. this is why britain hadn't decomissioned these ships since –supposedly– they would be rather useless by 1940)

ended up losing a lot of very modern battleships (tier 8 and above) to this.

to simply ordering the ship with the brigade already attached, builds them along with the ship and spreads the IC use across the period it takes to construct the ship itself. useful in war where IC goes up and down due to various things and you need a steady amount of free IC, or if you simply dont want to forget.

if floatplanes really just give it extra range i suppose floatplanes + fire control + torpedoes will absolutely alpha out older ships before they even get in range with a good admiral and doctrine. that's like 6-7 more range with good equipment on a ship that is likely already more modern than what the enemy has.

in any case, i read that having too few screens gives you a significant penalty so i figured 50% screens 50% capitals will win, especially granted their extreme gap in tech. if it's not that meaningful i guess i'll start stacking 80% capitals until i get carriers.

also, are battlecruisers actually viable? i mean, using them graf spee style, running from larger fleets and just killing off destroyers threatening your subs with some convoy raiding on the side? from what i've experienced it seems it will just get thrown into a battle with slower, heavier ships and refuse to disengage before its already being hit.

Attacking the SU instead of the US was a choice Japan could have made at the time, so I see no problem with it. Maybe the US could guarantee the URSS? Not very historical, yes, but with 6 players I don't think things would be historical for long anyway.

This, on the other hand, is an exploit that we should houserule out.

There can be a few reasons but even together I can't believe it would have that a devastatingly effect.
Obviously there could be a doctrine disparity, which I don't believe, same for Leader skill.
As for the screen penalty you had it but the same goes for the enemy.
Your CAs and old BBs will propably have brought down your firing distance at the beginning of combat, making you start closer to the enemy and in their range.
Oh and BB-2 have a firing range of 30 so the difference to yours would'nt be too big.

Yes for ships it's definitely useful to build the brigades seperate to get the gearing bonus.

It's how I have always done it, worked well so far.

It is meaningful in that it worsens your positioning/distance to the enemy and you're ships are more likely to be either too close or too far away from the enemy.

Before DH they were basically useless because the game doesn't make them runaway and shoot I think it hasn't changed in DH.

bump