ITT: Things that trigger you in games

ITT: Things that trigger you in games

Other urls found in this thread:

news.ycombinator.com/item?id=1011498
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Story.
The moment the screen prints out a single letter outside the UI, I uninstall the piece of shit.

but user, when the moon is near the horizon or an object is in the way of your vision, it looks much larger than when it's unimpeded.

Why do games with no story always have the most replayability?

WoW is an ugly game.

I'm being sarcastic, but I actually did dislike it when they first let the other buttons enter the main menu.

Stage Complete!

subhuman

Sewer levels

Why do a lot of games have a huge moon anyway? LoZ reference?

Apparently this board hates minorities so much that seeing them in a video game, even as a background character, or seeing them win or triumph at all, is terrible to them.

What I hate in video games? Shitty movesets that are uncreative.

DUDE

what the fuck are you talking about?

You must not browse this place a lot. It's nearly obnoxious how much they talk about blacks alone. They have some sort of fetish or obsession for non-whites and chimp out when one is even glimpsed in a video game.

This retard here is just a sample of the autism

We don't get mad at niggers or spics, because niggers and spics are common in our culture.
We get mad at shoehorned in shit like "This character is trans!", "This white character is now black, fuck you white people!" or "This character is muslum!" because that has a political agenda behind it, and because they're never written well.

From gets their dick hard with this, it's in every game

The only mention of race at all was

The guy on the far left got a laugh out of me. I propose we kill him last.

>forced negative mouse acceleration

console ports were a mistake

Every damn time. Why is this a thing?

No one gets "triggered" by anything, unless he suffers from shellshock or violence related PTSD.

ajj lmau

depending on your Heroes (Ai companions you can take in place of place) build, this can be the case with GW1.

Some OP builds on players will be shit on Heroes (such as imbagon) but give them a interrupt mesmer build and they have near 0 seconds reaction speed to interrupt enemy skills

Underwater levels. The physics are just so fucking tedious, and they're almost always way too murky to be able to see anything.

"triggered" is a meme word at this point. no one uses it seriously anymore.

Technically, all of these things could be considered triggers in that they get a reaction at all.

Maybe the meaning will be properly diluted one day.

Any community that gets its laughs by pretending to be idiots will eventually be flooded by actual idiots who mistakenly believe that they are in good company.

Shit taste.

t. Isaac Asimov

fucking what? does this actually do what i think it does?

Getting triggered by this.
>>>/tumblr/

What kind of idiot doesnt use inverted? It literally makes the most sense.

who needs armor when you got abs?

When you move the mouse slowly the character turns fast but when you quickly move the mouse the character barely moves at all.

…how?

That's a different story man she could protect me any day of the week.

Do you not play simulators?

I just think full armor looks better on women

Oh. Yeah, I like invert controls on planes and stuff. But that's about it.

Armor is armor. They would get the same stuff men wear and learn to deal with it. biology or not it's fictional no matter what

that's not GTA III

Magical armor is fictional
Also Sorceresses/thief's don't need armor

See: "fam" posters.

DarkShikari, actually. Source: news.ycombinator.com/item?id=1011498

Fucking Dark Souls 2 really shit me with this bullshit. Skipping the entire Shrine of Winter would have been no problemo if I was able to clamber over some debris and/or move it slightly to the side.

You look up by tilting your head back, dingus.

Fuck save scumming, but fuck the devs for allowing me to use it.

Oh fuck, I hate this.

Eh, who gives a shit?It's game logic.

This tends to happen to me a lot with Red Faction 1 for some reason.

it depends entirely on whether you think of your mouse cursor as attached to the front or the back of your characters head
the two different viewpoints on this is exactly why games have it as a setting

Fuck you, Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets. I'm still mad.

That made laugh, good job user.

WHY IS THIS BUTTON SO CLOSE TO ALL THE OTHERS?

Second pic. Fucking why does this exist so close to the others?

If that was the case, then the X axis would be inverted too. There's no logic to this.

Something similar happened to my while playing Skyrim

Never have i have been so mad at this game i had to look for console cheats so i could no clip out of that eternal hell

Kill yourself.

Kill yourself.

That’s correct, yes. They have no fucking business being in our nations.

>It Ain't Me doesn't play as soon as the level loads in

Console UI on a PC game, even when using keyboard and mouse

Lots of retarded pop ups when killing someone and showing points CoD style

Oversized icons and fonts.

Negative mouse acceleration is when the game lowers the sensitivity and drops all input below a certain speed threshold, meaning if you slowly move the mouse, nothing happens.

Most console games do this when aiming, and it works just fine with an analog stick, but when you do this with a mouse it makes a game unplayable.

It wouldn't be called inverted if it were interpreting mouse movements directly. Superimpose your mousepad onto the same x/y axes as your screen, and consider how the view should pan in response to the mouse.

The inverted vs non-inverted argument is the stupidest fucking arbitrary shit I've ever heard about video games.

Every movement is literally the same exact movement but in the opposite direction. This means that when you get used to it, it's exactly the same efficiency. It makes no difference in skill, technique, or performance. It's 100% arbitrary.

In spite of this question being rhetorical: I have genuinely tried to come up with an answer. I know it on an instinctual level but I'm at a loss for words as to why.

Hello, Ubisoft Far Cry games.

Try suicide.

oy vey

MAKING A GAME WITH THE SAME NAME AS THE REST OF THE SERIES THAT HAS NOTHING AT ALL TO DO WITH THE REST OF THE SERIES, DROPS FEATURES FROM EVEN THE FIRST GAME, AND LOOKS LIKE FUCKING BORDERLANDS

Fuck you borderlands 2. I wanted to like you so bad but my autism could not stand for this

You can only experience a story once, user.

Though there are games with storylines that have very high replayability, such as any game from the Souls series. It's more so just that games with heavy focus on the story tend to take away factors that add more to the game when you play it again, such as secrets, good level design, gameplay, etc.

It's not that everyone hates non whites, but it's fucking terrible to force them into a game just for the sake including them.

Also

You must not read the news.

Fuck

Has anyone really been far as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

>>>/tg/

It sure do like I seem like I wanted to.

Commieblox is a perfect game

I don't understand why you would deprive me of partaking in combat while wandering the open world, ninety percent of the time that's the whole reason to do so.

Fuck that shit.

Kek

There's no BS that interrupts you playing the game. If you put your controller/keyboard down, it's not because you're looking at a cutscene.

It isn't just an oversight but a deliberate choice to lock out an option.
Fallout 3

AoD

Kill yourself, nigger lover. Holla Forums is not a person.

Are you sure about that? We certainly act like it at times.

Who in except when making from someone 1980?

One and a half A presses.

USE ANOTHER FUCKING INSTRUMENT FOR A CHANGE IT'S NOT DRAMATIC OR AWESOME WHEN YOU'VE HEARD THE SAME SHIT FOR 6 YEARS

Because it shows your progress through exploring the world. It also allows the game to focus the player on the plot and prevent grinding.

Why?

It's like you're new to video games or something.

I thought that zoo york logo was the mark of khorne for a split second.
What a shame.

Not necessarily. Also, open world doesn't mean rpg

When you say spics do you mea just mexicans or…? It really sucks to be white on South America, if i ever mention my nationality everyone will think of me as some brown fruitnigger or a beaner, and my country and all surrounding it are being cucked by marxist ideologies.

I would love to fight a final boss with a kazoo theme

Falkland Islander?

You will never have the falklands you argentinian fuck, you're not white either.

The word "trigger" not used in conjunction with guns or explosives, triggers me.

Thanks for ruining a word, SJWs.

I don't think I'm the one with shit taste here.
Yes it is, if that bothers you too much then may I suggest a board more suited towards your taste. >>>/cuteboys/

Sage for off topic.

Haha, loser who can't handle the banter.

Of course we don't hate niggers, that's like hating lions for being lions. Only minority we truly hate is kikes, they are evil.

coincidence.
a lot of such games evolved from arcade games which were designed to get you in to the action and draw you back in to it later. even a lot of those games had stories but they tended to be rather basic

MGSV?

Probably Dishonored

What is this hellish game you speak of? It sounds like a pre 2000 game

Surely Sewer Surfin' is an exception.

its shit

Not that user but I think it might be the first Dead Space?

CIA: Junior Years

Looks like you hate Doom 1 and 2 then.

id drill her colon(el)

I guess it balances out then? You don't really need the praxis points for buying hacking and stealth augs if you're not going to use them but it fucks up the early game. Still, playing lethally feels like you're playing wrong despite there being so much more options. Stealth is broken anyway. Fuck.

This irritates me. I know games are inherently unfair (both for the player and computer), but the game could at least pretend to be fair.
If an npc can shoot a machine gun non-stop for 20 seconds without reloading, it's pretty fucking obvious what's going on and it's just patronizing. Lazy devs and nothing more.

I guess this is what hipsters call "ludonarrative dissonance". I call it complete horseshit.

Recent experience I had with binary domain reminded me why I hate this shit so much.

guaranteed replies

Yep, so is
But "Ludonarrative" is a pretentious term created by hipster games journalists. Don't use it.

Just saying "dissonant" is enough.
This is what you mean, isn't it? The story is at odds with the gameplay. In other words, the story is dissonant in comparison to the gameplay. Making up some non-word is redundant when the word for it exists already.

Uruguayan actually

I had nothing against Big Bo in Binary Domain for exemple.
I just hate muh minorities when their sole purpose is being a nigger/a fag/a woman/all of that

Perfect Dark is still the best FPS ever made.

Yep that's exactly what I meant.

he's from /bane/